1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Having faith in the cards (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX-Self Insert)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Konami-kun, May 15, 2020.

1. Threadmarks: 1
    Konami-kun

Konami-kun Know what you're doing yet?

I need a little motivation to continue this shit. Let's see if the people in QQ can cheer me up a bit.

I will be using the original names and the English version for the characters. I will not put a lot of information about the cards used in the duels since I am going to suppose that the people who read this already know them, if not, you always have your friend the Wiki.

My main language is not English, so this story may contain multiple errors of spelling, gender and out of time. You have been warned.

-()-()-()-
    Duel Monsters started as a small board game created by Maximillion Pegasus, inspired after having made a trip to the ruins of Egypt. He is the owner of Industrial Illusions and a former holder of an Item the Millennium.

Or at least that's what I remember, I'm never really interested in researching about that since I'll never need that information.

But going back to Duel Monsters.

The game became popular, too popular, to the point where some people crossed snowstorms, huge deserts and sailed the seas only to find a duel.

Or at least that's what Salomon Muto says, I still do not believe him.

The card game only increased its popularity after Seto Kaiba created the Duel Disk, which replaced the dueling arenas created by Pegasus. The fact that KaibaCorp is equal to or more powerful than Industrial Illusions only made the popularity of the game grow more because one of the largest companies in the world was directly involved.

Duel Monsters expanded throughout the world and gained so much fame, to the point that being a Duelist became a profession, one that left very good earnings if you were good at the game. Going to the point of creating duel academies in different parts of the world.

Duel academies ... where they teach you how to play a card game.

Yes, this world is strange.

But hey, there is DP, which is basically money won legally through duels. And the amount of DP gained by professional duelists is very juicy.

So nobody can blame me for having decided to sign up for the Duel Academy.

While I'm a little worried about what part of the world's history Yu-Gi-Oh! I'm in this moment, I'm almost sure it's not the GX era.

I mean, what are the odds that I will take the same exam as Jaden, the same year and in the same place?

Almost zero, of course.

-()-()-()-

"What do you mean, I'm late?" I asked totally disbelieving what I heard.

"Sorry, try next year." The receptionist said, not sounding at all regretful.

"I arrived 5 minutes before the deadline! I can definitely still take the test!" I do not support this farce anymore and scream.

Damn it, I need to take the exam this year, otherwise I'll have to wait until the next year and that's something I'd rather avoid.

"Yes, we arrived just in time!" It was the cry of support from the boy next to me.

Thinking it over, maybe it's not such a bad idea to wait until the next year.

But I already did the necessary paperwork and took the written exam.

Dammit.

Before the Kuriboh hair boy and I could continue arguing with the receptionist, a man in blue uniform entered the room.

"Any problems?" He asked, sounding a little annoyed, probably because of the scandal we were making.

"We arrived on time, but she does not let us take the test!" Jaden answered immediately.

The man arched an eyebrow. "Is that so?" He turned his gaze to the receptionist. "Let them in."

"But the orders of Dr. Crowler-"

"Chancellor Shepard himself ordered all applicants to take the test." He answered sounding quite serious. "Crowler's orders are no longer worth anything."

The receptionist looked annoyed, but finally gave up. "It's okay, but I'm sure it's a waste of time." She whispered softly, but I was still able to hear it. "Names?"

"Sakai Yuudai." I said, not wasting time and wanting to finish this as quickly as possible.

"Yūki Judai." It was Jaden's enthusiastic response.

Why did I call him Jaden and not Judai? Due to the similarity of our names.

With the problem finally solved we were able to access the dueling arena where the exams were taking place.

"For a moment I thought we would not make it!"

"Why are you following me?"

"Well, we are both going to the same place." It was Jaden's simple answer. "By the way, I am Judai." He presented himself happily as he extended one of his hands to greet me.

"I know, I was by your side when you told that idiot." I looked for a moment at the outstretched hand before finally returning the greeting. "Sakai Yuudai, and just so you know it, from now on you'll call yourself Jaden, it's to avoid confusion with our names."

I watched with a bit of fun as Jaden grimaced and rejected the name.

"It's your fault for having a name similar to mine."

"No way! Your name is the one that looks like mine!"

"If the kids have stopped talking, it's time for both of you to take the test." The man of before spoke, surprising us both. I had not realized that he was following us.

"Both of you wait for your names to be announced by the loudspeaker, when they are instructed to introduce yourselves to the named dueling arena." With those words the man in the blue jacket said goodbye.

"Uh, thanks." It was the only thing we managed to say before he left.

"I'm so excited!" Jaden spoke, sounding really enthusiastic. "We are just one duel away from entering the Duel Academy!"

"Are you always so loud?"

"Hehehe, they usually ask me that." He answered, not at all offended by the question. "Hey, let's go see the duels that remain."

Having nothing better to do, and knowing that it is better to stay on the good side of the future Slifer, I decided to follow it.

The fact that he and I are about to enter the same Academy of Duels is a problem, but I can always ask to be transferred. Maybe the northern academy? It can be too cold or hot, but I'm sure I can handle it.

I was so focused on my thoughts that I did not pay attention when we finally got to the stands and stopped next to a blue haired boy. I neither payed attention to the duels in question or to the talk that Jaden and the child were having. Just clear until Jaden put his arm around my shoulders and gave me a hug.

"I'm Judai and this one here." He said, signaling me totally caught in his grip. "Is Yuudai."

Call me by my name, what´s up with that trust?

The blue haired boy introduced himself as Shō Marufuji, and commented on the similarity of our names.

"Just to clarify, he," Point to the idiot who supported me. "Is Jaden, not Judai."

"What ?! I never accept that!"

I ignore his indignant scream. "And I am Yuudai, do not forget it."

"It's okay." Said Shō sounding quite confused by our interaction before returning to the duel he was seeing. "Oh, it seems that the duel is over."

"What ?! It can not be, I lost it! Who won ?!"

"It was Bastion Misawa, they say that he got the second best punctuation on the written exam, only surpassed by ..." As if remembering something important, Shō moved his head quickly in my direction, giving me a surprised look. "Sakai Yuudai." He said sounding completely amazed.

"Meh, it was not that difficult." I shrug, seriously, they are just questions about a card game, it is not as difficult as it seems ... except the question of how many people appear in the illustration of Heavy Storm, that was difficult to remember.

"Wow, I did not know you were so smart!" Exclaimed Jaden surprised, finally releasing me from his embrace.

You are not one to talk.

The three of us watched as Bastion headed towards us, he seemed quite calm and if my memories about the anime were correct, then he is also someone obsessed with creating many different Decks.

"Congratulations for winning!" Jaden was the first to congratulate the future Ra Yellow. "Although I did not see it, I am Judai."

"Bastion Misawa, and thanks for the compliment."

"I am Sakai Yuudai." I introduced myself. "And do not pay attention to Kuriboh's hair, his name is Jaden."

Once again Jaden made a small scandal for the given name, but Bastion did not pay attention to him as he seemed to be more focused on me. "Sakai Yuudai? The student who scored perfect on the written test?" He asked, assessing me with his gaze.

"From what I've heard, you've also got a perfect score."

Bastion shook his head. "That's right, but you pointed out several problems with the questions presented in the exam which I did not realize." Bastion was a little depressed when he said those words. "Despite having studied so much, I was not able to realize such mistakes. Even so, it is not a shame to lose against the Number 1."

Tilt my head, confused by that statement. "Number 1?" Beside me, Jaden and Shō also bow their heads in confusion.

"You passed the written test with a perfect score and pointing out mistakes that nobody noticed, and once you pass the duel exam, you will become the best student in the first year."

Uh, I had not thought about it that way ... Does that mean I'll be put in the Yellow dorm?

"Actually I would say that he is the second best." Jaden spoke.

"Second best?" Bastion frowned. "Then who would be the first?" He asked, his voice full of curiosity.

"That would be me, of course." Jaden proclaimed happily.

"... Yūki Judai, you obtained the minimum punctuation necessary to pass the written exam." Bastion revealed, surprising me a little that he had also investigated other students. "Sorry if I sound rude, but I find it hard to believe that someone like that could be the best duelist in the academy, much less pass the duel exam."

Jaden seemed about to reply, but I decided to help him a little. "A written exam and the dueling test are 2 completely different things." I spoke, attracting the attention of the 3. "While it is important to know the cards used by yourself and your opponent in a duel, the bond that unites a duelist with his Deck is also important. You can have duels as a professional and win all the time, while at the same time you may know absolutely nothing about strategies or knowledge of your opponent's cards. "

Hell, I'm starting to sound like Yugi.

"Exactly!, it does not matter if I have the worst score on the written exam, the bond I have with my cards and my faith in them will get me very far." The words that came out of Jaden's mouth were confident and passionate, without a doubt he was inspired by my words.

Shō looked at both of us with a bit of amazement and Bastion gave me a calculating look, no doubt reevaluating his opinion about me, whether good or bad, I do not think it matters.

"Yūki Judai and Sakai Yuudai, present to arena number 3." The speaker rang, announcing our names. "Yūki Judai and Sakai Yuudai, introduce yourselves to arena number 3."

"Both in the same arena?" Bastion asked confused and I could not help but ask myself the same question.

"Who cares, Come on Yuudai, I do not want to be late for the duel!" Jaden took my arm and started to pull me up.

"Hey, let me go!"

Shō saw us leave with a bit of fun. "Good luck."

"Let's see if having faith in the cards helps them win." It was Bastion's final comment before Jaden and I went down to the dueling arena.

2. CmirDarthanna

CmirDarthanna Connoisseur.

Threadmark? Also, will you be including the connecting with spirits grants benefits thing?

3. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

Punctuation is the characters used to end a sentence '.' '!' '?'

What benefits?

Tunak23 likes this.
  4. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

I feel like I've read this before.

5. LEGENDARYNOT

LEGENDARYNOT I trust you know where the happy button is?

is it going to be a doubles duel?

6. CmirDarthanna

CmirDarthanna Connoisseur.

Search Ka and Ba Yu gi oh.

7. Akuma-Heika

Not really benefits. One is the creatures themselves, the other is the fuel source to summon them. If you lack one, that means no monsters, if you lack the other, you are a corpse.

Tunak23, Jimmeuh and CmirDarthanna like this.
  8. XulaYuki

XulaYuki I trust you know where the happy button is?

?? felt like i read this before?

Tunak23 likes this.
  9. kingslayer98

kingslayer98 Getting out there.

same but i cant remember where

Tunak23 likes this.
  10. KenNM

KenNM Actually 23

I know I've read this before, I liked it but it hasn't updated in a while. I hope this does

Tunak23 likes this.
  11. Tunak23

Tunak23 From the West to the East

Hey Konami-kun!

Remembered your your story from Sufficient Velocity one of those nice discoveries that disappear from one day to another,liked a lot the little jokes surrounding the name of your self insert and the cold common sense observations he makes from time to time.

The 3 chapters you published back on SV were great both in quality as well as personality,do not how to entice you to keep writing only that the success and views you got back on 2019 can easily be recuperated on QQ with perphaps even a bigger follower masse!

Personally the bits I saw of your work I liked,please do continue!

Good Yu-Gi-Oh stories are like an oasis on the desert!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  12. Tunak23

Here the original post guys,it had the same name and all:
    SVversion

KenNM likes this.
  13. kingslayer98

thx

Tunak23 likes this.
  14. Akuma-Heika

You got me mixed up with someone else. I don't write fiction.

15. Tunak23

Who the heck are you mate?
    I was clearly directing the message to the Writer of the story(Konami-kun here Konami2000 on SV) It is pretty obvious exactly when your username is nothing like that.

Stop joking and messing around.
    Replying to you as a courtesy but honestly mate don't think I should.

Ninecleavers likes this.
  16. a guy1013

a guy1013 Versed in the lewd.

Pls threadmark your chapter and keep it up and try to read other Yu-Gi-Oh si to get some inspiration

Tunak23 likes this.
  17. Konami-kun

Thanks, it's always good to know that readers enjoy the story. To be honest I already had part of the next chapter written, but my laptop died ... again. I lost 3 laptop in 3 years, I must be cursed or something.

So without a laptop I lost the motivation to keep writing, especially Yu-Gi-Oh! Because it is difficult and annoying to write and erase a duel until get a decent result, especially when I write from my cell phone.

So until I get a new laptop I will just leave the story on pause, what happens in the following chapters I already have written, but the fucking duels are the problem, I am too lazy to write Duels from the cell phone.

Any recommendation? I think I already read all the SI of Yu-Gi-Oh! that there is currently.

Tunak23 likes this.
  18. a guy1013

a guy1013 Versed in the lewd.

None that I know since most of them that I read are now NSFW since most of them are here like stacking the deck and many more ,but you can also read the gx manga or watch the anime again to get more knowledge about your timeline

Tunak23 likes this.
  19. Tunak23

Ah well nice to know your struggles regarding the story,very bad luck with the computers mate even worse than mine with mobiles I must say(changed 3 defected android phones on this past fourth months,I hate you Orange!).

As I said enjoyed your work greatly and it hits me with a little of nostalgia as yours have been one of the first fics of quality I've read about the franchise.

Could you give us a specific date when you will get a new computer?
    So you know,we readers handle the wait better with much more hope and all that.
    All I found from this guy:TheSingingSword liked a lot specially his fanfic "A Song from the divines" that has reached the 100 chapters recently,a little esoteric at times and quite strange but enjoyable overall.

State of the Meta is a classic on the community,praised and revered time and again,I am sure you know it cause reasons.
    My only displeasure with it was the deck the MC used.

Also you could check this one:The Realities it left a good taste on my mouth even when I remember little about it.

Beyond that check 0Jordinio0 work on this page and Fiction.live,even if his stories have some smut on the middle their quality is undeniable.

Which has always been a thorn on my side regarding the community is the lack of a story with fan created OCS that mix well with the plot of a Yu-Gi-Oh! TV season,there was one try with the original series which was going well but alas the creator gave a lame excuse and abandoned (deleted it even),shame cause it did give the first season of the anime a complexity and plot far beyond its roots.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    The Punisher likes this.
  20. Akuma-Heika

https://forum.questionablequesting....s-yu-gi-oh-gx-self-insert.12065/#post-3384545
    You replied to me, and I assumed it was a mistake. Don't get offended about your own mistake, and try to place the blame on me.

21. Tunak23

Sincerely mate I do not care,could you leave the matter behind like an adult should?
    Bickering about random nonsense is just not worth the time...

But for the record I apologize for bringing you back to the post.
    I guess fate just wanted me to annoy you,it happens champ ;)

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  22. guisniperman

guisniperman Pregnancy Fetishist

I don't usually look for story outside of NSFW on QQ but when I do, I find little gems like this story. I'm always up for a good YGO Gx SI story.

The Punisher and Tunak23 like this.
  23. Threadmarks: 2
    Konami-kun

A huge thank you to Mayrun for volunteering to be my beta reader.

I am finishing translating this at 4:30 a.m. So it is possible that there are more errors than usual. Read it at your own risk.
    This was fun to write, I had to start the duel again 5 times, but in the end this result was the one I liked the most, it's not perfect, but I like it.
    I give a huge thanks to Mayrun for correcting many mistakes of the last chapter.

Anything that is wrong with the duel or if the way I described it is not appropriate, please feel free to tell me, it is my first duel after all.

-()-()-()-
    It is amazing how much money Seto Kaiba is willing to spend on a card game, I will never understand that man and his obsession with this game or Yugi, for that matter.

I can understand his reasoning to create the Duel Disk, that was necessary so that the game did not end up in oblivion with the passage of time. Of course there were the Duel Arena, but they were much more limited compared to the Duel Disk.

The only reason I can think of for him to spend so much money on creating Duel Academies, Duel Arena and Duel Disk, is that he earns more money by charging for access to the 3 media mentioned above, than what he spends in creating them.

I mean, I still have an 80% debt to pay for my personal Duel Disk.

I do not even know how to pronounce the amount of money it cost me.

It’s fortunate that Duel Academy provides a Duel Disk to its students, otherwise many of the applicants could not take the exam or attend classes at the Academy.

The fact that Seto Kaiba is willing to give Duel Disks free to his students only speaks of man's fortune.

Although it is possible to create a Duel Disk on my own, it is not so difficult if I have the necessary knowledge. But I can’t win DP with a "fake" Duel Disk, in theory it could be done, but it could not be spent anywhere.

So, yes ... Kaiba is the richest son of a bitch in the world.

"How much longer will we have to wait?"

"It's only been 5 minutes, they should not take much longer."

"That's what you said 5 minutes ago."

I let out a sigh of exasperation, Jaden had been restless for the wait. We were both driven by one of the exam inspectors to an underground entrance inside the duel arena, that was something that took me by surprise. Why is there an underground entrance inside the arena?

But again, this duel arena is owned by Seto Kaiba, the same guy who has a dragon-shaped plane.

Jaden's constant moans were ending my patience and I had decided to shut him up before he put me in a bad mood, but before I even managed to open my mouth a tremor shook the room we were in.

We both gave a cry of surprise and because we were not prepared we lost balance, Jaden who was close to me tried to balance himself by supporting one of his hands on my shoulder, but it only caused me to lose my balance and end up falling to the ground, with Jaden right above me.

"Get off!"

"Sorry."

The roof above us opened, letting in the light coming from the lights in the ceiling. From my position on the floor I saw and felt how the room in which I was climbing up to the opening made in the ceiling.

Then the room is an elevator, I should have expected it.

"Ouch! My stomach!"

"Sorry."

"Just get out of the way before I decide to hit you."

Jaden quickly complied with my order, just in time for me to get up before we got to the exit. The last thing I wanted was to be embarrassed during the exam.

The elevator finally stopped, leaving Jaden and me right in the middle of the dueling arena number 3. Jaden looked around in amazement, commenting how big the arena was on the inside and on all the people sitting in the stands.

A sound coming from the other side of the arena caught our attention, we saw how the floor on the other side opened, allowing a... blond man, to come out with an elegant pose, or it would be, if it were not for his appearance.

Dressed as an Obelisk Blue teacher, and wearing the most advanced Duel Disk I've ever seen tied to his chest, a man with a ridiculous hairstyle, painted lips and the most horrible face I've seen to date, appeared smiling a few feet away from us.

"I didn’t know there would be a clown in the exam."

A laugh escapes my lips, clown describes almost perfectly the appearance of the man. "I think it's a transvestite."

Jaden tilted his head curiously. "What is that?"

He can’t be so naive ... right?

"Allow me to welcome you to the duel exam." The transvestite spoke, capturing our full attention. "I am Dr. Vellian Crowler and I will be your examiner in this test."

"Are you a professor? Because of the face you have, I thought you were a kind of buffoon or something."

Damn Jaden, do not anger the person who can expel us from the exam.... wait a moment.

I ignore Crowler's angry face and I talk. "Hey, what do you mean, our examiner?"

Crowler shifted his gaze from Jaden to me, and regained some composure before speaking. "I will fight a duel against you 2 and if you win, you will pass the exam. "

"Oh, then we'll go one after the other or ..."

Crowler denied, apparently amused. "Oh no, you will team up in this duel."

Crowler's statement provoked a surprised look from Jaden, in the stands, aspiring duelists whispered among themselves, equally shocked by this news.

"It's not like I have a problem with that." I speak slowly. "But would not you be at a disadvantage?" To be honest, if I have any problem with this, it’s that I don’t want to team up with Jaden, I do not want to have anything to do with Jaden. I'm pretty sure our Decks would not get along, I would have more chances facing Crowler alone ... probably.

"Yes, that would not be very fair." Jaden supported me, apparently disgusted with the idea of facing someone at a disadvantage.

"Do not worry, there will be a few special rules to match the game." Crowler dismissed our concerns. "I understand that this may be something sudden and may cause problems due to the possible incompatibility of your Decks, but if you really want to attend the Duel Academy, you must first prove yourselves worthy." Crowler dramatically raised an arm and squeezed the fist. "And what better way to do it than defeating a teacher who is using his personal Deck."

If before the bleachers were full of surprised whispers, now they were full of screams of disbelief and amazement. Each and every one of the people in the stands verbally expressed their amazement at the fact that a teacher used his personal Deck to test 2 rookies.

I was not surprised so much, being honest I saw it coming since Crowler entered the arena.

Naturally Jaden did not seem worried either, he actually seemed quite excited.

"What are the rules?" I asked him, the faster we finish with this duel better, I know a little about Crowler's Deck, so I'll have to be careful with his machine monsters, especially his Ancient Gear Golem.

"I'm glad you ask ... Is Sakai Yuudai not like that?" The voice of the transvestite was filled with a little recognition. "And to think that I would face the student who achieved the best grade on the written exam."

"It was not the big deal." I shrugged. "I do not want to sound rude, but could we start."

"Yes, let's get to the duel!" Jaden exclaimed, impatient to start.

"It's okay." Crowler replied kindly, although from the look on his face, it was obvious that he did not like us interrupting him. "The rules are simple, you two will share 8000LP, I will also start with 8000LP." It's fine that's reasonable. "None of us can attack during the first 4 turns." That is more reasonable. "The order of the turns will be the following, me, followed by one of you, once again I, and finally the last of you, both will share the same monsters and magic zones." Once more reasonable. "And I'm allowed to use my personal Deck."

Had I known what would happen, I would have spent all my DP to buy the Black Luster Soldier.

"I'll turn on my Duel Disk." Making an elegant movement with his hand, Crowler touched the spherical part connected to the Duel Disk in his chest. Immediately the cards came out quickly and consecutively from his Deck, and were taken by Crowler with an elegant movement of his right hand.

Why can’t I have a Duel Disk like Crowler's?

"Wow, how do I get a disk like that?" Jaden's excited scream.

"With a lot of work and extremely high scores."

"Of course, nothing is so easy." I could not help muttering, damn it, I really wanted one.

"Up that spirit, Yuudai!" Jaden's cheerful and enthusiastic voice reaches my ears. "Let's give everything we have in this duel!"

"Just try not to ruin it."

In an almost synchronized movement, Jaden and I ignited our Duel Disk, taking them off in their entirety and making them see in all their splendor.

"DUEL !!!"

Crowler-8000LP

Jaden-Yuudai-8000LP

"Since I'm at a disadvantage I'll start first, Draw." With a soft and not at all dramatic movement, Crowler draw his first card expelled by his Duel Disk and took the first turn.

Turn 1-Crowler-Cards in hand 6

Hopefully he does not have a good hand.

"I'll start playing the magic card, Ancient Gear Castle." Crowler declared while inserting the card mentioned in his Duel Disk.

Immediately after that the Duel Disk technology comes into action.

Around Crowler the landscape began to change rapidly, a tremor shook the ground and from it, an ancient castle built with bricks emerged, its appearance was the same as one would expect from the classic castles, however, this particular had a huge cannon at the top and what appeared to be a missile pointing from the castle entrance. It also seemed to expel a thick white mist from its surroundings.

In spite of having experienced dozens of duels before, I am still surprised by how real the holograms created by the Duel Disk can be.

Beside me, Jaden let out a scream of amazement and comments about how incredible that card was.

I, on the contrary, swallow audibly by recognizing that card.

"As long as this card remains on the field, all the Ancient Gear monsters gain 300 ATK points." Crowler began to explain. "In addition to that, every time a monster is normal summoned or placed, Ancient Gear Castle gains 1 counter."

"Now I will continue summoning Ancient Gear Soldier in attack mode."

A mechanical monster appeared in the field in front of Crowler, his appearance was completely robotic, but also very careless. The monster seemed to be completely rusted, but even so I did not lower my guard, I know the Ancient Gear archetype and how damn powerful they can be.

Ancient Gear Soldier-ATK: 1300-1600 / DEF: 1300

"And since this was a normal summoning, Ancient Gear Castle gains 1 counter."

Ancient Gear Castle - Counters 1

"And what are those counters for?" It was Jaden's innocent and curious question.

Crowler seemed about to speak, probably to say something like "You'll find out", but I was not going to have any of that shit.

"Ancient Gear Castle can be sacrificed to summon an Ancient Gear monster, as long as the number of counters that Ancient Gear Castle has is the same as the number of monsters required for the summoning." It was my quick response.

To my surprise, Crowler actually seemed somewhat surprised that I knew the effect of his card, but he quickly reassembled himself. "You are right." He paused to look at me before speaking again. "Would I be correct in assuming that you have already fought against an Ancient Gear deck?"

I gave a small shrug. "When I was getting into Duel Monsters, I had the misfortune to play against an Ancient Gear deck, so I know a bit about the archetype."

"I see, well, knowing a little about the cards I'm using will not help you at all." He said with arrogance. "With this I finish my turn."

End of turn 1-Crowler-Cards in Hand 4

"That was an incredible start, professor!" Jaden praised his opponent, completely ignorant of the fact that Crowler is about to summon his strongest monster. "Uhh ..." He gave me an uncertain look. "Do you start or do I start?"

"Go ahead, I can wait." Also, it serves that I see how to support Jaden.

"Great! My turn, Draw!" With an enthusiastic shout Jaden draws the card from the top of his Deck.

Turn 2-Jaden-Cards in Hand 6

"Let's see, let's see, what to use." He murmured as he flipped through his cards. "I know, since I do not want to attack because in your next turn you would destroy my monster. I'll start by summoning Elemental HERO Wooodsman in defense mode!"

Wait, What?

Hitting the card with enthusiasm in its respective slot, a humanoid and muscular monster with green skin appeared in the field, his left arm and leg seemed to be made of wood and his waist was covered by a loincloth that looked like skin.

The Hero of Jaden leaned on the ground and crossed his arms over his chest ready to protect his master.

Elemental HERO Woodsman-ATK: 1000 / DEF: 2000

What the fuck? Why does Jaden have that monster on his deck? I do not remember that card appearing in the anime.

"Because you made a normal summon, Ancient Gear Castle gains 1 counter."

Ancient Gear Castle - Counters 2

"I place 2 cards face down and finish my turn." The cards placed on the Duel Disk appeared face down in the field. "Soon it will be your turn partner!" Jaden encouraged with encouragement, ignoring my frown at his summoned monster.

End of turn 2-Jaden-Cards in hand 3

Maybe Jaden always had that card in the anime but never used it? That could explain it, but even so I can’t help thinking that this is suspicious.

"Okay, my turn, Draw!" With a dramatic movement and a loud scream, Crowler took out a card from his Deck.

Turn 3-Crowler-Cards in hand 5

"I summon the Green Gadget in ATK mode." A familiar monster machine appeared in the field, was shaped like a gear and as its name indicated it was green.

Green Gadget-ATK: 1400 / DEF: 600

Ancient Gear Castle-Counters 3

"I activate its effect, when Green Gaget is summoned I can add a Red Gadget to my hand." Very quickly, Crowler's deck ejected the declared card.

I really want one of those.

"I finish my turn."

End of turn 3-Crowler-Cards in hand 5

Okay, calm down Yuudai, you can do this, until now things have not gone as you remember, but no problem, you can approve. "My turn, Draw!"

Turn 4-Yuudai-Cards in hand 6

I took a quick look at my hand and frowned slightly, apparently I was able to draw my Ace monster in my first hand, but it is not convenient for me to summon it, not until Crowler summoned his Ancient Gear Golem to the field, something that he will do surely in his next turn.

"I activate the magic card, Reinforcement Of The Army, now I can add a monster of the warrior type of level 4 or lower of my deck to my hand, I choose Armageddon Knight." I find the desired monster quickly in my Deck, making sure to shuffle it before inserting it again. "I discard a card from my hand to the cemetery to special summon The Tricky in ATK mode." A white puppet of human size materialized in the field, his chest and face had a question mark and his blue cloak fluttered in the wind.

The Tricky-ATK: 2000 / DEF: 1200

Should I finish my turn? ... No, I need Crowler to summon his Ace monster to be able to destroy him on my next turn, until then I have to make sure I have enough defenses and necessary tributes.

"I will continue summoning Dark Blade in attack mode." A knight dressed in black and Gothic armor appeared in the field, brandishing a sword in each hand.

Dark Blade-ATK: 1800 / DEF: 1500

Ancient Gear Castle-Counters 4

"I put a card face down and finish my turn."

End of turn 4 -Yuudai-Cards in hand 2

"Now we have 2 monsters capable of defeating Crowler's monsters. Great!"

"No, it's not like that." I blew up the optimism bubble of Jaden. "Now that Ancient Gear Castle has 4 counters, Crowler does not need to sacrifice monsters to summon his strongest monster."

"Signore Yuudai is right and I am about to prove it, Draw!"

Turn 5-Crowler-Cards in hand 6

"But before that, I activate Pot of Greed and I draw 2 cards from my deck." Stupid card and stupid banlist. "Hohoho, what good luck of mine." Jaden and I shared a look, worried about Crowler's change of mood. "I activate the magic card Confiscation."

"Confiscation? What does it do?"

"Its effect is simple, at the cost of 1000 life points I can see my adversary's hand and have them discard a card of my choice." Oh, now I remember that card. "I choose the hand of Sakai Yuudai." Shit.

Crowler-7000LP

Holographic images of the 2 cards in my hand appeared in front of Crowler.

"Oh?" He exclaimed curiously. "It's a very powerful monster that you have here, if I leave it in your hand there is no doubt that you will summon it in the next turn, so I decide to send it to the graveyard." Reluctantly I sent my Ace monster to the cemetery, even so, it does not matter, I still have my card face down. "And now I activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy Yuudai’s face down card."

Sunuvabitch!

With a strong wind my card face down rose up, revealing itself as Call of the Haunted and was destroyed in a thousand pieces by Crowler's Typhoon.

And so ,my chances of destroying the Golem in my turn vanish.

"I sacrifice Ancient Gear Castle with 4 counters to summon the mighty Ancient Gear Golem!" With a powerful scream, Crowler raised the aforementioned card to heaven for all to see. The castle behind him began to collapse, but from inside it began to emerge a huge figure that completely destroyed the castle.

His body was made entirely of metal, although by its appearance it seemed to be rusty and in poor condition, even so, that did nothing to diminish the enormous and strong presence that this monster brought with it to the field. Its enormous size eclipsed our monsters easily, giving it an even more intimidating appearance.

Ancient Gear Golem ATK: 3000 / DEF: 3000

The incredulous and surprised murmurs of the people who were watching the duel did not wait, each and every one of them made their surprise known at seeing such a powerful monster being summoned in Crowler’s third turn. With the arrival of Crowler’s Ace monster and the destruction of Ancient Gear Castle, the increase in ATK points of his other monsters returned to normal.

"It's huge ... and very strong." It was Jaden's excited comment.

"Battle! Ancient Gear Golem attacks Yuudai's The Tricky!"

Why only me ?!

Being completely helpless before the huge fist of Crowler's Golem, my monster was easily crushed, reducing our lifepoints in the process.

Jaden-Yuudai-7000LP

I grind the teeth hard when receiving the impact, this is bad, the only monster that I had that was able to defeat Crowler’s Ancient Gear has been sent to the graveyard. I have at least 4 other cards that are capable of achieving it, but the chances of drawing them in my next turn are 4/33.

Jaden it is better that you have something good, otherwise we are lost.

End of Turn 5-Crowler-Cards in hand 3

"With this I finish my shift, if that's all you have maybe it's better if you give up, the Duel Academy is no place for people without talent." It was Crowler's comment full of mockery and contempt.

"What, do you believe so much in your victory that you tell us it's better to surrender?" I ask, letting the discomfort and offense be noticed in my voice. "You have only reduced our life points by 1000, we can still go back!"

Crowler gave a mocking snort. "Of course, you never had a chance, maybe if you still had that monster in your hand you would have defeated my Ancient Gear, but from the expression on your face when I got rid of it, it's obvious that you have nothing else in your Deck that can defeat me. "

"I have at least 4 cards capable of destroying your Golem!" I roared, completely annoyed by Crowler's taunts.

"Yes! A duel is not over until the last card is drawn!" Jaden was not far behind and expressed his opinion. "And I'll prove it to you this turn. Draw!"

Turn 6-Jaden-Cards in hand 4

"I activate the Elemental HERO Woodsman effect, during my Standby Phase I can add a Polymerization card from my deck to my hand! Now I summoned Elemental HERO Blazeman in attack mode." Another hero, completely different from the ones I remembered, appeared in the field, just as his name indicated, he was surrounded by flames in his hair and 6 red stones floated around him.

Elemental HERO Blazeman-ATK: 1200 / DEF: 1800

"Summoning him in attack position, rookie error." Crowler wasted no time and began to criticize Jaden's play.

"I activate the Blazeman effect, when summoned to the field, I can add a Polymerization from my deck to my hand" Jaden once again drew the same card as before, no doubt ready to make a fusion. "I activate the Blazeman effect! Once per turn I can send a HERO monster from my deck to the graveyard and until the end of the turn the attribute and Blazeman’s ATK / DEF becomes that of the monster sent! I choose Elemental HERO Ocean!"

Elemental HERO Blazeman-Attribute Water-ATK: 1500 / DEF: 1200

"An increase of 300 attack points? Should that surprise me?" Crowler asked with a touch of mockery in his voice.

"No, but what is to happen if it should." I speak, capturing his attention.

"I activate my face down card, Miracle Fusion to fusion Ocean into my graveyard and Blazeman into my field!" Ocean reappeared in the field and next to Blazeman jump to the sky to be surrounded by rings of light before merging as one. "Appears, Elemental HERO Absolute Zero!"

Falling from the sky, a new Hero emerged, covered in its entirety with elegant white armor and a cap of the same color fluttering in the wind. Absolte Zero made an appearance, with his landing the ground below him freezing creating ice stakes and frost rained around him.

Elemental HERO Absolute Zero-ATK: 2500 / DEF: 2000

"I have not finished yet! I activate Polymerization from my hand to fusion Woodsman in the field and Ocean in my hand!" Jaden made another fusion summon, surprising me and Crowler.

I knew that Jaden had an absurd luck when it came to drawing cards, but this is the first time I've seen him in person.

"Appears! Elemental HERO Terra Firma!" Emerging from the sky, the strongest Hero I have ever seen appeared, breaking the ground around him with his landing while steam left his body, bringing with it an imposing air that showed his strength. His body totally white and full of muscles made him look different from the other Heroes that I knew.

Elemental HERO Terra Firma-ATK: 2500 / DEF: 2000

"Two fusion summons in one turn?" Murmur Crowler. "I'm amazed, I did not expect the boy with one of the worst grades to be capable of such a feat." A malicious smile spread across his face. "But none of them has the power to destroy my Golem, everything you did was in vain!"

"You're wrong Crowler, ATK points aren’t everything in a monster." I said, already knowing what Jaden had planned.

"Exactly! And we'll show you! I activate Terra Firma’s effect, by sacrificing an Elemental HERO monster, Terra Firma gains ATK equal to the sacrificed monster! The Earth’s Magma!" Fulfilling the orders of his master, Terra Firma activated its effect, approaching Absolute Zero and absorbing his body. Immediately he was covered with powerful flames that came out of his hands and body, filling the entire field with them.

Holy Shit, I'm pretty sure this is not normal.

Elemental HERO Terra Firma-ATK: 5000 / DEF: 2000

"5000 ATK Points ?!"

"But that's not all, because now the effect of Absolute Zero is activated, when he is removed from the field, all the monsters that the opponent controls are destroyed." I explained the effect, overcoming my previous surprise.

"Wow, I did not know you knew the effect of my HERO!"

"I like the archetype of Heroes, but I have not been able to get any, they are hard to find."

In spite of the strong flames in the field, a strong blizzard whipped the place, freezing and breaking into pieces the 3 monsters of Crowler.

"My Golem!"

"Battle! Terra Firma attacks Crowler! Earth Magma Slash!"

Creating two huge fire swords in his hands, Jaden's powerful HERO lunged forward, determined to skewer Crowler.

"Not so fast!" He shouted in panic. "I activate my Trap card, Mirror Force!"

"Oh, come on!"

Damn!

"Now all your monsters in attack position are destroyed!" A blue barrier appeared in front of Crowler, stopping the swords of Terra Firma, but that was not all, the barrier changed color to red and returned the attack towards Terra Firma and my Dark Blade, destroying them both.

"I was so close!" Jaden pulled the hairs from his head, frustrated by our destroyed monsters. "It doesn’t matter, Yuudai and I will definitely defeat you!"

End of turn 6-Jaden-Cards in hand 3

In the stands, people watched amazed that Jaden has managed to destroy Crowler's monster and that he has almost reduced his life points.

"You ... how dare you humiliate me like this!" Crowler did not look very happy, now that I remember, this guy like many Obelisk Blue have great pride, he must be furious that a rookie has managed to defeat his Golem and almost reduce his life points, especially if It is considered that it was seen by a large number of people. "I had planned to go easy with you, but I changed my mind.

Yeah, I have a bad feeling.

Turn 7-Crowler-Cards in hand 4

"I activate Fusion Sage and add a Polymerization to my hand from my deck!" What?! "Now I activate Graceful Charity, I draw 3 cards and discard the graveyard to Red Gadget and Ancient Gear from my hand." A wicked smile broke through his face. "This is the end! I activate Polymerization and from my hand I fusion the 2 Ancient Gear Golem with Ancient Gear Soldier! Appear, Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem!"

"What?!"

The three monsters in Crowler's hand fusioned! And in the middle of the field appeared the strongest and biggest monster I have ever faced!

Having an appearance similar to the Ancient Gear Golem, its shape resembled that of a Trojan horse and its size easily eclipsed Crowler's previous Golem, its huge uneven arms and the electricity coming out of its body only made it look more intimidating.

Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem-ATK: 4400/DEF: 3400

"4400 ATK Points ?!" Jaden shouted, amazed by the monster's absurd strength, but he was not the only one, the stands were also filled with scream of astonishment, no doubt none of them had seen such a powerful monster before.

"Shit." I whispered. "The field is empty, that means ..."

"Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem attacks directly! Ultimate Punch!" The huge monster complied with his order and running on all fours shook the arena floor. The machine threw its left fist in the shape of a pincer towards us, reducing our life points to a critical level.

Jaden-Yuudai-2600LP

"I finish my turn, this is the end, in my next turn I will annihilate the rest of your lifepoints."

End of Turn 7-Crowler-Cards in hand 0

"What are you talking about? The only thing Yuudai has to do is summon a monster in a defensive position and then we can go up in my next turn!"

"No, Judai." Speak, calling him by his name to convey the seriousness of the situation. "Crowler's monster can do penetration damage, and magic and trap cards cannot be activated when he attacks."

"W-What? That can’t be!"

"That's right, on the next turn you lose, so go ahead!"

Shit, he's right.

"You're wrong, the duel is not over until the last card is drawn!" Judai still did not seem to understand how fucked up we were, suddenly he turned to me and pointed at me with his hand. "And remove that face! This is not over yet; you just have to have faith in your cards!"

"Faith?" Is he kidding? I know that the cards have spirits and that they can help me in the duels, but even so ... I've never really had a real connection with my deck. How can they answer me when I do not even trust them?

"That's right, you said it yourself, the most important thing in a duel is the ties that a duelist has with his deck, so you only need to trust your cards and they will help you!"

Can I really do it?

I looked at my deck, I know what I said before, but even so ... I'll never know if I don’t try. If they can really feel my emotions, if they can really help me.

"Then I will have faith in you, so please help me." Gathering all the confidence that I could, I closed my eyes and draw my next card with force, waiting for them to hear me. "My turn! Draw!"

Turn 8-Yuudai-Cards in hand 2

With fear I slowly opened my eyes and ...

"He, I guess it worked." A slight laugh escaped my lips, it really worked. "I active Swords Of Revealing Light, during your next 3 turns your monsters can not declare attacks."

Swords made of light fell from the sky, forming a wall between Crowler's monster and us.

"Tch, a stroke of luck."

"I told you!"

I sighed, saved by the cards, what luck.

End of turn 8-Yuudai-Cards in hand 1

"You will not summon your monster?" Crowler asked.

"I prefer to save it for something else."

Turn 9-Crowler-Cards in hand 1

"My turn, draw." He looked down at his hand and frown annoyed. "Nothing good, but it does not matter, I finish my turn."

Turn 10-Jaden-Cards in hand 4

"I summon Winged Kuriboh in defense mode and finish my turn."

A small ball of brown hairs appeared in the field, his huge black eyes shining giving him a cute appearance and, on his back, there were two small wings with white feathers.

Winged Kuriboh-ATK: 300 / DEF: 200

Damn Judai, did not you hear what I told you?

"I finish my turn."

Turn 11-Crowler-Cards in hand 2

"I equip to Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem with Ancient Gear Tank, now his ATK is increased by 600 points and I finish my turn."

Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem-ATK: 5000

Of course, make your monster stronger than it already is.

Turn 12-Yuudai-Cards in hand 2

I look at my drawn card, it's not bad, but I'm not sure if I should use it ... but if I do not, Crowler will attack in the turn after Judai ... I just have to have faith, right?

"Here goes, all or nothing, I summon Armaggedon Kinght in attack mode." A dark knight appeared in the field.

Armaggedon Knight-ATK: 1400 / DEF: 1200

"I activate its effect to send a dark attribute monster from my deck to the graveyard, I choose Makyura The Destructor."

"Pathetic, was that why you were saving your normal summon?"

"From my hand, I activate the Reckless Greed card trap to draw 2 cards from my deck, but Judai and I cannot draw during our next 2 turns."

"What ?! We can’t draw?!"

"A trap card can’t be activated on the first turn! And not from the hand!" Crowler shouted.

"On the turn that Makyura is sent to the graveyard, I can activate trap cards from my hand." I look at the 2 draw cards, well, all or nothing. "I activate my second Reckless Greed!"

"Another?!" Judai shouted again, looking at me scared and surprised.

"Now I active Reinforcement of the army and add a level 4 warrior monster to my hand, I continue to activate the Poison Of The Old Man magic card and inflict 800 damage to your LP."

Crowler-LP6200

"And I ... I finish my turn."

"What?!"

"Sorry, I do not seem to have enough faith." I said, disappointed in myself, I look at the 2 cards in my hand. "If we both had one more turn, then I could ..."

Turn 13-Crowler-Cards in hand 2

"I'm disappointed in you Signore Yuudai, I expected a lot more from you, but I guess you're not as good at duels as I thought." Crowler said, sounding truly disappointed. "Even that boy with the worst grades has fought better than you, well, better luck next year, I finish my turn, and now the effect of Swords of revealing Light disappears."

The swords that held a wall between us finally left, leaving Crowler's monsters free to attack.

Damn, I was not good enough.

Turn 14-Jaden-Cards in hand 3

"Hey, you said you only need one turn to win, right?"

I looked at him, confused as to his question. "That's right, but if you had something in your hand to win another turn then you would have used it." I changed my look towards the Golem, remembering his ATK points and the remaining Crowler LP. "Also, even if we managed to survive until my next turn, I think that Crowler would still have enough LPs to defeat us."

"How many?" Judai asked seriously.

"Uh ..." I felt a little out of balance to see him so serious sudden. "200LP?" Finally, I said. "We would only need to reduce his LP by 200 or more and survive until my next turn, but-"

"Perfect! Leave it to me!" With confidence, Judai turned back to look at Crowler. "I summon Elemental HERO Stratos in attack mode."

What are you planning?

The monster, powered by motors in its wings, appeared in the field, not intimidated by Crowler's powerful monster.

Elemental HERO Stratos-ATK: 1800 / DEF: 300

"Battle!"

"Attacking with a weaker monster? Have you given up yet?"

"I activate Stratos’ effect." Wow, wow, wow, wait a moment. What? "Stratos can directly attack the opponent, but his ATK points are split in half."

Elemental HERO Stratos-ATK: 900

Stratos ignored the Golem and instead, from its engines on its wings produced strong gusts of wind that impacted on Crowler, reducing their life points.

Crowler-LP 5300

The Obelisk professor clicked his tongue, annoyed that he had received damage once more. "Never mind, now it's my turn and I'll destroy your foolish hero with my Golem."

Judai gave a mocking laugh. "That monster isn’t even that strong." Excuse me? "I bet he wouldn’t be able to destroy any of our monsters."

"What did you say?" He asked annoyed.

"What you heard, I mean, a penetration damage effect?" Judai asked mockingly and sounding a little disbelieving. "It is impossible for that monster to have that effect, the only thing he has in his favor are his ATK points and nothing else."

"You are kidding me?"

"I'm just saying one fact, not even the legendary Blue-Eyes has so much power." Judai shrugged. "Unless you prove otherwise, then your Golem is nothing special."

Damn Judai, what do you plan?

"Then I'll show you!" Shout Crowler with a furious face. "Draw!"

Turn 15-Crowler-Cards in hand 3

"I activate my second Ancient Gear Castle! Now Ultimate Golem gains 300 additional ATK points!" The castle of the beginning of the duel reappeared, increasing the huge ATK of the powerful Golem.

Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem-ATK: 5300

"Battle! Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem attacks Winged Kuriboh! Ultimate Punch!"

It's everything, it's over.

My hopes of entering the Duel Academy vanished the moment I saw the huge fist of the Golem destroy Jaden's Kuriboh.

I sighed sadly. "I guess I'll have to try it the other year." Or find another way to earn money.

"I would not be so sure, why do not you take a look at our LP?"

"Uh?" Confused I did what Judai told me. "Impossible! H-How?" It's-this is- "

"Impossible!" Crowler completed my sentence. "You should not have any LP!"

He is right, at the moment that Ultimate Golem destroyed Winged Kuriboh, the duel must have ended.

"You said it yourself Yuudai, not everything in a monster are his ATK points." Judai looked at me smiling. "The effect of Winged Kuriboh prevents us from receiving battle damage."

What? But I thought that effect only worked after Winged Kuriboh was destroyed.

"I finish my turn." Crowler finally recovered from his previous surprise. "I must admit that it took me by surprise, but in the end, nothing has changed, you only prolonged this duel by 1 turn more."

"A turn is all we need!" Judai spoke enthusiastically and turned to see me. "Come on partner, show them the strength of your bonds with your deck!"

A faint smile shot from my lips, Judai, you're a lucky bastard.

How can I deny when you ask me in that way?

"You do not need to tell me twice." I smiled, knowing that victory already belonged to us. And I decided to announce it in the best way I could think of.

"Final Turn!" Yes, I'm copying Vanguard and Fuck the copyright.

Turn 16-Yuudai-Cards in hand 2

"Sorry Crowler, but this duel ends here."

"Please, we both know that the monster in your hand does not have the ATK points necessary to destroy my Ultimate Golem." His mocking and scornful words only made me more excited. "But go ahead, you're free to attack with Stratos, even so, it will not change the outcome."

"You're wrong, Crowler, and I'm about to prove it to you! I summon Amazoness Swords Woman in ATK mode!"

A muscular woman with little clothes materialized, wielding a unique and sharp sword.

Amazoness Swords Woman-ATK-1500 / DEF: 1600

"Now I activate the magic equip card, United We Stand! The monster equipped with this card has increased his ATK by 800 points for each monster in my control!"

"That's just an increase of 2400, even if you equip Stratos is still not enough to defeat my Golem."

"You're right." I smiled "But i do not equip it to Stratos, I'll equip it to your Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem!"

Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem-ATK: 7700

"But, why would you do that?" Crowler seemed confused by my decision.

Well, it's time to end this duel.

"Battle! Amazoness Swords Woman, attack Crowler's monster!" I took a second of silence thinking before screaming again. "Amazoness Slash!"

"Idiot! You have caused your own defeat! "

"When Amazoness Swords Woman fights a monster with higher ATK, my opponent is the only one to get the difference between the ATK of both monsters as it damages their LPs." I shouted with a huge smile on my face.

"Oh yeah!"

"It can’t be!"

With a jump, Amazoness Swords Woman struck with her sword the imposing Golem, being she destroyed by a blow of this, but not without first throwing her sword, which flew directly towards Crowler incrusting in his chest.

"Noooooo!"

Crowler-LP 0

Jaden winked an eye and pointed two fingers of his right hand towards Crowler. "Gotcha! This was a fun duel! "

I sighed, relieved to have defeated Crolwer.

"It can’t be." Crowler spoke, sounding incredulous at his loss. "I was defeated by 2 rookies. What a humiliation!"

"I told you to have faith in your cards!" Jaden spoke cheerfully as he wrapped his right arm around my shoulders. "We would not have passed the test if it were not for you!"

I was about to answer, but before I did, I saw a ball of brown hairs flying above our heads, looking at me curious.

"Kuri Kuri."

I sighed. "Thank your Kuriboh." I point to the monster that was flying, ignoring Jaden's astonished gaze. "If it were not for him then we would not have won."

"You can see it!"

"Yes, whatever." I've had enough emotion for a day. "See you later, I'll wait for the results with the others." I walked to the stands, right where Bastion and Sho were.

"Wait for me!"

I kept ignoring Jaden's questions, instead I thought about the outcome of the duel, I hate to say it, but it was a stroke of luck that I passed the test. I do not complain about having won, but doing it this way has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I need to improve my deck, and I know someone who can help me.

"Come on Bro, answer me!"

I hope the days at the Duel Academy aren’t so noisy.

24. Drakonpie250

Drakonpie250 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Oh, so it is a crossover with the manga version.

25. KenNM

KenNM Actually 23

So it's a manga&anime fusion. Nice.

And I'll be honest. The dialogue felt awkward and kinda too stiff. Like they're too used to formal speaking.

Still, I'm happy to see this update.

ICantRember, Kolekzionera and Tunak23 like this.
  26. Tunak23

In contrast to this rude and discouraging comment I am really happy to see you coming back even if it is with a chapter you've already published (correct me if I am wrong) as it feels really familiar to the last released on SV.

Overall glad to see you up on your feet walking the path of creative Fanfiction once again.
    No complaints with the duel only encourage you to continue and that one or two hurting comments do not stop you.

Crowley the transvestite,that comment always makes me laugh...
    Bless you man on that fragment surviving the edit!

KenNM likes this.
  27. kingslayer98

i liked the first chapter but the mc's attitude is off putting. I am not sure what kind of personality you were trying to imbue him with but right now he is coming off as weak, I probably am not doing a good job of describing it but the mc isnt likeable right now him being weak (duelwise) is fine him being op from the beginning would ruin the story but its one thing to be weak another to just give up like he did towards the end rather than fighting to the end. I suggest checking out A Subtle Knife for how to make a mentally weak character likeable.
    crowler was on point tho, and the duel was interesting but the mc and jadens dialouge felt forced

28. Katorishi

Katorishi Not too sore, are you?

preety good

29. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

"So Stratos is just an 1800 beater that can attack directly for half damage?"

"Yup."

"So it can't add HEROs from the deck to your hand or pop a S/T card?"

"Nope."

"I don't want to live in this universe anymore. Truly this is the darkest timeline."

xcv45, Konami-kun and Drakonpie250 like this.
  30. awesome

awesome ,,,

The dialogue is a little stiff but the humor and rapport between Judai and Yudai more then makes up for it. I'm looking forward to more!