1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Think it should be 'Tamaran and Emana' not 'Tameran and Ermana'

Don't you dare call Princess a wretch you damned bastard.

2. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

Well, got to at least acknowledge his commitment to the wording (when he can remember what he picked in the first place).

3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I appreciate the offer, but I don't have one.
    Basically, all of the formulae that are worth using are magic-based, and his weird soul structure means they don't work reliably. Cybernetics are a possibility, but Earth's cybernetics aren't all that advanced and he has a power ring, which can generally sub in without becoming a part of his body.
    Remember how series 2 Kon-El mentioned that he wouldn't ever physically change? Or how Overgirl mentioned that she was sterile? Mixing the genes of different species has have a lot of unintended side effects.
    The SI has reached the point where 'more power' isn't the answer to the problems he's facing.
    Because running a company takes a lot of time, and skills he doesn't have. Which means that getting someone else to do it is generally going to be a better option for him.
    Thank you.
    That's kind of a 'Dumbledore's gay' thing until I actually write something with it in.

4. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Does Paul mean Earth, not himself?

ChestBurster likes this.
  5. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    No, because he's the one who did it.

6. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Paul being a female Gazorpazorpian confirmed.

Morse code translates as: LORD AND MANGA

7. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

What's going on here? Has L-Ron's desires managed to transmit themselves to orange rings nearby? Has OL's ring developed the ability to convey Themascyran in-jokes? Is Dox forgetting what language Paul speaks?

8. jmartinez8089

jmartinez8089 Getting out there.

your?

9. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Oh, I misread it as Paul saying he had enjoyed Lantern support for years.

Darko likes this.
  10. HatsAreHats

HatsAreHats Wears sunglasses at night

It says "Lord and Manga" in morse code. Well, LORDANDMANGA. Mr. Capitalism demands to be addressed by his full title.

11. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Given he inadvertently provided the Queen with sexual pleasure, however briefly, when he fingered the wrong hole, so I'm not exactly sure why scans would indicate she can't "interface" with other Guilders.

She has whatever the spider equivalent to fuck-holes are. Were the male Guilders engineered not to have spider dicks?

12. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    No, they have spider dicks, but male Guilders couldn't fit into the available space.

13. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Well, it's nice that Koriand'r is going to have her own harem, I suppose.

...though we probably won't ever get to see the massive orgy that results, sadly.

14. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Eminently sensible. And now that their threats are negated, what does she plan to do now?

Good to see the not-quite-as-bad guys behaving. Presumably, as the Spider Guild's rep for ship repairs and upgrades spread, people will get more relaxed...

Admittedly, he knows whether that's what she believes, or what she wants.

And he did recruit them personally. That gives him something of a paternal interest in their performance.

Never underestimate upbringing. She'd have been under a lot of pressure not to show weakness...

And something just occurred to him, didn't it?

Because of course he wants to be home sooner, so he's faster.

Yes, we've seen the effects of that multiple times... Maybe in future, you'll have to do some team-ups?

Yeah, much quicker than waiting for her. After all, you've got that little 'spider-fucker' thing hanging on Themyscira...

I doubt many have the focus to achieve enlightenment the way he did, forcibly experiencing every slightest unconscious want and choosing to accept them... Few people are so introspective.

But so few are really good at it. isn't that the very reason Dox is running his experiments on desirable qualities in recruits?

:rolleyes: Unfortunately...

o_O ...How did Manga Khan even hear him leave those parts out?! Some manner of omniscience when someone speaks his name wrongly? Rule of Funny?

Ah, OL. Underselling it so much...

It's been what, ten minutes? I'm sure they've laughed themselves out by now...

Then again, it was a very funny coincidence...

:eek: Oh my god... I've had moments like that, but I can usually settle myself down quickly enough...

And that is basically her name now, isn't it? Until she chooses something else for herself.

"We were not dating, canoodling, wooing or otherwise involved."

...Good question, that woman. She does have suitable orifices, given her, uh, reaction to his massage...

Yeah, they saw what a Guilder looks like. Do they want images of them mating stuck in their heads?

Ah, the perfect distraction: Tits! And the amazing woman they're attached to. I think he just improved his reputation nicely.

As if he'd bring a young girl here. Don't you know how dangerous Earth is?

Oh, yes. They'll happily take her up on that...

And he no longer exists. Well done, that distraction.

Not jealous? Given how the Amazons seem to enjoy strange and unusual sights...

Oh, she's a big girl, she can take care of herself. I'm sure she's capable of seeing off over-amourous suitors - plenty of practice from Okaara no doubt.

I suppose that's one way to get people to forget an embarrassing detail about you. I have the feeling Kori will be very popular on the island...

15. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Regarding augmentation, just fixing the idiocies of human body would probably be worthwhile, if tricky enough to be a whole project. I mean, eye nerve, or the nerve used for swallowing, or determining sufficient oxygen by measuring CO2 or any of the thousand other evolutionary missteps.
    Of course, you can't just change things since stuff like the timing between an impulse and heartbeat may be sensitive and fiddly, so it's a whole research project.

Cuchulin and Vorian like this.
  16. Belenus

Belenus Versed in the lewd.

Well... Good for them.

AtomicGeneral25 likes this.
  17. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

In Victorian times, in England, there was a belief in 'female hysteria', and that certain... procedures could relieve this. Given typical human ingenuity devices were created to help with this. Now, not having electricity, things like steam-power were used. And, these were not small, furnaces, boilers, someone to attend to all this.

I recall a steam-punk story (I couldn't tell you the source) where the lady of the house was... treating her hysteria. A call came down, from the master bedroom, to the boiler room, "Stoke! Stoke!". :)

(Just in case: stoker.)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  18. Belenus

Belenus Versed in the lewd.

I was more referring to the fact that male spider-dicks are apparently enormous.

RichardWhereat likes this.
  19. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

But isn't power rings not being too reliable in detecting and maneuvering around magic one of the few issues left? If he learns magic he'd be able to shore up that weakness.

0zymandias, Vorian and Darko like this.
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He still has issues with that, but in that Guys from Gotham episode he was able to overpower some of the wards placed on a warehouse using his empathetic vision to a high degree.

He is also able to absorb magic with his ring now, as he found out after the Hell episode.

Cuchulin and Doccer like this.
  21. Mr Zoat

It's like this: there's no prize for being the most powerful being in the universe. When you get to where the SI is now, the time needed to add to your current power in a meaningful way is time you could have spent using the considerable power already at your disposal.

22. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Traditionally, "learnèd", though I recognize this can be difficult to type.

She's got huge... tracts of land!

23. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

I'm not so sure. If I remember correctly she's straight in 90% of the sources you could pull from. Though I do vaguely recall her being bi in one of the more mature sources, so I guess it's possible. Bit still, I think it more likely we're about to see what sexual harassment looks like is a lesbian majority society.

Ardy, Cuchulin, Istaran and 2 others like this.
  24. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

Enjoy learning Themyscerian Greek!

25. Enochi

Enochi Having way to much fun with AI.

Well I must admit this update was amusing. Still vastly prefer Renegade. Almost hate the little one note update on him because it teases something so much better then we are returned and feel the main story is sub-par by comparison.

Istaran likes this.
  26. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

Their son was arrested for raping a 13 year old and then killed himself. Unsurprisingly, they didn't feel up to continuing after that.

Ardy likes this.
  27. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

Oof. I'm not at all familiar with Erfworld, but I can imagine that would be the death knell of any creative pursuits I had for quite a long while.

28. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

My first thought was 'she has a power-ring translator' but then I remembered that classic Tamaranean quirk. Was that always a part of Starfire's original incarnation or a later addition by a different writer?

We've seen different levels of translation technologies, both in this fic and in canon, and it makes me wonder where the linguistic proficiency via Tamaranean-kissing would fit in that hierarchy. There may be a possible market niche they could fulfill as low-tech and aesthetically appealing translators in galactic diplomacy.

Ardy, SaltyWaffles, nobodez and 4 others like this.
  29. GodKiller999

GodKiller999 Getting out there.

I agree with the general sentiment, used to advocate for some simple to implement, yet useful upgrades myself, but while the SI is for trans humanism he's rather unwilling to really make a push for it on an individual level, it's hard to say if it's due to Zoat not wanting to make him stronger or something else.
    How would you define the problems he's facing?
    Power projection and the ability to fix issues that require to be powerful, ending Darkseid would be a powerful net good for the universe for example. The issue most people who reach that level have is that further improvement takes a very long time with marginal gains, but the SI has spend very little time one that relatively speaking, there's a ton of low hanging fruits for improvements that are painfully easy to implement compared to others thanks to his orage power ring.

SaltyWaffles and Darko like this.
  30. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Look, the SI's body is a perfect representation of 'him' as an idea, of his self-concept. He doesn't want bodily upgrades more than he wants to be him. Even if he did do it, he would have to constantly focus on stopping his ring from changing him back to his fully human form.

Though it could be argued that if he spent long enough with whatever upgrades he would get (I personally think that the Garrick formula is of much more use to him than the Danner formula), they would pretty much become part of his self-image and thus his default state.

Ngamer11 likes this.