1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Massgamer

Massgamer I trust you know where the happy button is?

I actually feel bad for Khan here since he obviously values L-Ron a great deal in his own way. I pity the fool that did this because the Comic King will have no mercy for stealing his property.

2. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

'roll'

edit: ninja'ed. I was about to post an edit from my iphone ten minutes ago, but it was an iphone. You can probably guess what happened.

Darko likes this.
  3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Considering that Dr Mist has white enlightenment and is a 11.000 year old sorcerer I think he'd have at least some skill in reading the emotions of other people using his magic and any powers he may have gotten, aside from his immortality, when he saw the White Entity.

Probably not as strong as the paragons since his soul is made of a piece of an Entity, but still.

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    No, that's correct.

5. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Today on "What resources did Paul forget he could use" we have.

Super Geniuses living on Venus

Kyrptonian Space Station

Scott Free and his Motherbox

6. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, I think that's okay.
    Thank you, corrected.

7. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

USA and Justice League: I see this as an absolute win!

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Was referring to this:

He has a power ring, one of the universes most advanced pieces of technology.

The tech Supes and the Sivanas have may be more advanced than a large portion of the universe, but it still may be inferior to a power ring.

Supes may not even have any scanning devices with him, he may have the knowledge on how to build them in his records of Krypton, but probably not physical versions.

The Motherbox that Scott has is one Barda took when she killed a soldier from New Genesis, unlike the renegades FatherBox and later MotherBox that one didn't use to be one of the Boxes belonging to a brilliant New God scientist, so its unlikely to have some of the more advanced functions of the renegades Boxes.

9. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Oh, boy... This is going to be a loooong day for OL, isn't it? With any luck, it'll be something simple he can take his frustation out on without regrets...

And those below are going to get shit on from such a height, they'll think God himself is taking a dump...

:eek: ...Is he on the 'phone' to his Insurance agent?

Honestly, I am not surprised. This is entirely in character for him.

He needs the proper 'Karen' haircut for best effect... Which simply raises amusing images of him with hair at all...:V

Can the smarminess, gape-face. This is a serious investigation.

<Pinches nose> Khan... You might be forgetting something.

He better be amazingly powerful when suitably motivated, because he is not making a good showing of worthiness right now.

Well, since he hasn't answered... I'd say that's a sucker's bet.

Good thinking. What's the frequency, Kenneth Khan?

Hiuh, he really is powerful when motivated. I hope no-one takes that pulse wrong, though.

So his brain (as it were) is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention. How Blanc-ian of him.

Not the L-Ron he wanted. That's a damn good motivation to track him down.

Because they might think of something he can't. Good plan.

Oooh, scary. But I'm hoping it's something less predictable than that...

And such things tend to be flashy, whether by nature or by design. And if some Malign Hypercognitive had done this, they'd be crowing about it...

Must have been some magic, to operate this far from a planetary Thaumaturgic field...

Bugger. A random bleed portal, perhaps? Or would that be detectable with Maltusian tech?

What the... Something he didn't want to say? We've seen that before. Please tell me he has spare meds ready.

Or some hidden feature of the alien tech they used as the design. Who knows what hidden trojan horse code was in a black-boxed system?

Yeah, that would not have gone down well in the court of public opinion, much less the theatre of international politics.

At least, someone you'd never heard of before your arrival, eh, Mr Zoat? Research!

Fingers crossed that they are willing. Hopefully the shouting and such in Moscow is finished.

Gotta admit, Doctor Mist would almost certainly have ways to emulate his empathic vision, assuming as Darko said, he didn't already have some form of it.

And the guessing games of 'Whodunnit' begin. Place your bets, folks. What The Eff happened, and who's responsible? Was it an intentional attack, or some cosmic fluke? From the Future? The Past? Another plane altogether? Let us see!

10. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Actually the Sivanas already showed they could defeat everything his Power Ring can do besides Avarice teleporting.

No... The Kryptonian Space Station with the Kryptonian AI that Paul brought back from the Rao system...

All Motherboxes have the same functions.

moralrelativity likes this.
  11. Idkusername

When, exactly, did this happen? The one time they hacked his subspace pocket was because he didn't know how to secure it properly, or that he even should.

12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

The last time he visited them...

Or possibly the second to last...

moralrelativity likes this.
  13. Idkusername

And...? What happened?

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They showed that they could take some of his stuff from subspace when it wasn't closed, not that they would have any better scanning equipment than a thing made by a race of immortal super geniuses.

Kryptonians were advanced, but not as advanced as Maltusians

A MotherBox that was made or FatheBox that was used by brilliant scientists, one of which is their inventor, is most likely going to be more advanced and knowledgeable than one used by a common warrior. As well as have more adavnced features added into it to make it useful for the scientist to perform certain experiments.

Think he used the Honden to travel there not because he wanted to get past any security they may have, but because it was the quickest way back.

15. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

I’m going to place my bet on “New God or Apokalypian powers/technology” as the source of this strangeness. With that said, I think Paragon-Paul is correct in that he is not currently familiar with the exact perpetrator. I reckon this will be some splinter group or faction, though there certainly are individuals with the resources to pull this off alone.

I just really, really hope this isn’t Mister Mxyzptlk from Superman storylines.

Ardy, Arghonn and Darko like this.
  16. Sorrow

Sorrow Getting sticky.

What if its Douche Bag Paul from the alternate world? He wants something? "I'll just take it".

Arghonn and moralrelativity like this.
  17. Idkusername

Ok, this is just getting silly now. How, and more importantly, why the fuck would he do that?

18. nogoodnames

nogoodnames Getting out there.

Since it was Russian ships that disappeared then the comic book answer would be able me sort of anti- communist, anti- Soviet character. Someone who strongly detests Russians getting a space fleet. That would be the supervillain way of thinking. Other motive could be to keep Earth relatively isolated.
    If this is a magic based attack as Paul pointed out it's hard to do magic in space so the magic has to be advanced. So a radical Atlantean in an attempt to get rid of the threats to them.

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Probably not him.

He has a lot of advanced equipment with him as well as several powerful magic users, one is Circe, the other is a Lord of Order, so that solves the 'How' if it was him, as for the why, well we've seen him do some fairly evil and pointless things that serve in virtually no practical way, and might harm him in the long run, just for his own amusement and pleasure, so that would explain the 'why'.

It's still probably not him though.

It wouldn't be all that surprising if it was the Light though.

I know OL said that they could just negotiate for the tech there, but they may view someone like Manga as being too beneath them to do something like that.

Their stated goal is to advance Humanity, but we know that's just bullshit they tell themselves to justify their actions for what is essentially world domination, as well as to make themselves feel like noble people that are being prevented from achieving their noble goals from those they see as stagnating the world.

If given the choice between ruling the world, but the world no longer advances, and the world advancing, but they are not allowed to rule it, most of them will chose the first option.

This is honestly fairly plausible.

Another person responsible for this could be Boss Smiley.

While it is true he is altering the way he does things, an alien ship coming to Earth to trade would throw a big wrench in his plans and he may think it necessary to remove it.

He was able to convince the Angels to attack Paul, so if he could convince another powerful being or beings to help him then it's possible.

Paul also never got to scan Boss Smiley with his ring so he wouldn't know how he worked if he did this himself.
    He may have been connected to those theurgy machines like Karrien was, seeing as he was able to conjure some of that angel fire, and Angels can apparently affect things on a planar level, like making it so that Power Lanterns are no longer connected to their respective elemental plane.

Joxa likes this.
  20. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Seriously, Aperture Science would be like: too far ClusterCorp, too far

Prince Charon likes this.
  21. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

Can Paul detect hush tubes? I'm assuming normal boom tubes leave some sort of residue (though I guess they wouldn't make noise in space)?

My guess is Uncle Sam. A sufficiently motivated, literal Spirit of America, pissed off first by the threat from ClusterCorp and then by the Russians having a space fleet before America? And run like Zoat has been running the personifications of different countries (Russia, Nazi Germany)? Quite possible. Or maybe the Spirit of China? A national personification, at any rate.

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He may have asked Scott to give him some data to detect them so he can deal with any that open on Earth to bring Apokaliptian trouble to it

He could have also gotten the data from the Controllers or Dox, who was working on something that looked like a Boom Tube.

It's probably not Uncle Sam since I don't think this is in his power range to pull off.

He also needs patriotism to be at full power and America is most likely not as patriotic as it was during WWII.

23. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

Trouble is, culture is so fragmented these days that expecting anyone to get any particular cultural reference can be... rather optimistic. Tricky problem, because a punchy cultural reference can be fun. Sometimes I compromise, throw in a Wikipedia link, or stick something in a Spoiler.
    We can't really tell if who made a MotherBox makes any difference. But, they do seem to pick-up characteristics from their owners, like Orion. FatherBoxen? Who knows? Might be the New God super-scientist types (just) get more mileage out of them?

Trouble is that a MotherBox is a 'dea ex machina' ('dea' is goddess as opposed to 'deus' god). They do whatever the story requires, if the writer isn't Kirby.
    Probably not, if he knows it's coming from SI OL's world. When he found out about Enlightenment that appeared to really worry him...
    OL could do worse than go have a chat with Hephaestus about this... The whole world (that pays attention to news media) knew about ClusterCorps, and the Russian spaceships might've been enough to trigger creation of an Old God, who is the Defender of Earth from Space? And, neatly removed both of the problems?

That would be an interesting twist...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Vorian and Darko like this.
  24. Akatsunami

Akatsunami The Potatoist.

DC earth being kept in a tech stasis by a unseen force + Alien Company trying to uplift earth with uncontrollable Capitalism + Russian Spaceships potentially starting a space race + Both conveniently disappearing as soon as they get close to each other = ?

Boss Smiley, what are you doing?

crazygrox, Vorian, Joxa and 2 others like this.
  25. Xelloss

Xelloss Know what you're doing yet?

Reading "STELLAAAA" makes me think of this instead :

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well Manga did just release a big burst of energy after shouting L-Rons name.

Xelloss likes this.
  27. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Sivana dabbles in magitech.

28. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Isn't the obvious alternative that it was earth that was planar shifted, instead of the ships being stolen?

Navi-Hank likes this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The Power Ring is basically an extremely advanced piece of Clarke tech.

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  30. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

Also, the Sivanas are a lot smarter than him. It doesn't matter who could beat who in a fight, they'd think of methods and ways to use his existing stuff that he might never.

Also also, Mother Boxes are hax

Cuchulin likes this.