1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. ForestDweller

ForestDweller Versed in the lewd.

Oh, they did?

What else did they add in Golden? I never got around to play it even though I loved the original. I know about Marie (which is a controversial character on her own) but other than that?

Velk likes this.
  2. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Nah, they didn't add it into Golden or the PC port of Golden. Two of the newer SMT games have the Light and Dark spells acting the way I mentioned, Persona 5 (+ Royal) and SMT4:A.

As for Marie being controversial... how? I mean... The only thing I can think of that makes her controversial is deep into [SPOILERS] territory and I feel that that isn't controversial all that much.

3. ForestDweller

ForestDweller Versed in the lewd.

I dunno. I just heard that some people don't like her.

4. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

I think people just think that she's unlikable and that her sudden importance is irritating.

Velk likes this.
  5. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

This I could understand but I haven't seen any, Royal had it's own SS about the new Waifu/Phantom Thief though that was more grandstanding and virtue-signaling from my understanding.

But anytime you remake something, people are going to have one of two sorts of reactions (My Opinion):

Hey, someone's redoing something I liked. That's bad, the original was good enough.

Hey, someone's redoing something I liked. That's neat, I wander whats different from the original.

Imabot likes this.
  6. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

gadeel and Eisen like this.
  7. Valikdu

Valikdu Not too sore, are you?

I haven't bought anything on Steam sales for years, but this time Gaben's temptation was too strong.

So now I've got Mechanicus, and Battlefleet Gothic 2, and Battlestar Galactica, and Saya no Uta.

...I feel like one of these doesn't belong o_O

8. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Daemonic entity driving the population of a world insane through seducing a mortal whose mental affliction causes him to see the world as meat. Yeah, I think it belongs.

jobn, Bacon_commando, Imabot and 3 others like this.
  9. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

To anyone playing Bug Fables: there's a great way to farm Berries (the in-universe currency) once you get to chapter 3. There's this sidequest where you take part in a stage play that has you fight a sequence of 4 battles in a row. It should only take 5-10 minutes, and your HP/TP get back to full after each battle. Your reward is 30 Berries. Then the quest giver says that the audience wants an encore performance. Restore your health at the inn across the street (or if you bought the house do it for free) and talk to the quest giver to start the play all over again. Rinse and repeat as you rapidly build your Berry count. Oh, and you get XP from each battle, so if you're lower leveled it will help you level up without any real risk.

Selias likes this.
  10. Eisen

Eisen Avant Garde

11. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

Is it worth picking up? I’ve finally started playing Mario Odyssey, but it’d be nice to have something in the queue.

12. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Did you like Paper Mario? Because this is Paper Mario. The game structure and look are both modeled directly after Paper Mario. The classic Paper Mario's, 64 and Thousand Year Door. No dumb gimmicks like all the other ones, just a fun RPG that has a paper aesthetic. I would highly recommend it. It is a great spiritual successor to those games, and if you want that Thousand-Year itch scratched, it'll do just fine. It also has some minor but welcome innovations for battles that feel like a natural progression Paper Mario might have taken had it not entered gimmick land. It's definitely worth the 25 bucks I paid for it

Amazon Climber likes this.
  13. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

What platforms is it on? I'd look it up myself, but I'm on my phone ATM.

14. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

All, I think. Not sure about PC. Switch, PS4, XBOX.

15. The-Lewd-Dude

The-Lewd-Dude Experienced.

so with the steam summer sale going on I've been looking to get some new games to wait out covid with, does anyone have any suggestions for what to get? I've been looking into that ARK game and it seems like it could be fun
    EDIT: so after doing some more research and finding out that the ARk is a buggy mess I've kind of given up on that. the idea of making my own little castle and crafting my way to the top is still rather interesting tho. does anyone know of a good game that can scratch that sort of itch? cause right now the two biggest contenders are Minecraft and Conan exiles.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  16. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

There's always Factorio. It never goes on sale, but you can easily rack up over a thousand hours - and then discover the modding community.

wayne82444 likes this.
  17. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Also recently released on Steam is Satisfactory, which is Factorio but in first person with more focus on base design and exploration instead of tower defense since Satisfactory has infinite resources and no overarching alien threat, so efficiency and throughput are more important than combat.

As someone with over 1600 hours in ARK since very early access I feel I must defend one of my favorite games.

It does have bugs, but rarely are they game-breaking in and of themselves. Where they are a problem is also where the vast majority of the complaints about the game come from, the Official Servers. An un-moderated mess where bug exploiting and being the biggest asshole to ruin everyone elses fun is the only way to really play because it's nearly impossible to play at all if you don't because everyone else is. The official rates are also an extreme problem, where breeding is slow as all hell(a Gigantosaurus, the largest carnivore takes literally two real life weeks to grow from egg to adult, requiring care, food, and attention the entire time or it will starve to death), gathering is only slightly less tedious, and on top of that when you log out your character simply goes unconscious and the world continues to run while you are offline so you have a rather significant chance off logging on to find yourself dead, your base looted to bedrock, and all your dinos you worked so hard to get are dead.

However, all of these problems are beyond simply to avoid. Never play on the official servers. With an unofficial server, either rented or a private world you host on your own comp for yourself, moderation is up to whoever owns it and the rates are what they decide they will be.

Don't feel like waiting for breeding? Whatever, it's a few numbers in the config file to change the Giga from 13 days and 18 hours to 10 minutes from egg to baby.

Gathering is too much of a chore and resources are too heavy? A couple numbers in the config and a mod to adjust weight values and you get 100 stone per hit with a basic stone hatchet that weighs 0.001 lb per item.

Don't like a change the devs did? Usually within an hour of unpopular changes there is a mod to reverse the change.

Want a different map but don't want to pay for the DLCs? There are so many mod maps it's not even funny, hell Ragnarok, Valguero, and Crystal Isles are all now official DLC's for free that were originally mods.

Mods alone are why you want the game on Steam. You are only one click from a complete change in the game, and before logging in I would suggest subscribing to either Super Structures or Structures Plus(aka, S+), they are massive mods that give so many Quality of Life changes the game is a whole lot more fun. Once you play with them on, you'll never understand how anyone can ever play without them.

It does have problems, but there is no game that gives an experience even close to what ARK does. Even if you play solo and adjust the rates to your liking, I would highly recommend the game. If you want to play with other people, there are hundreds of unofficial servers open to join for an number of ways to play, or if you want to just play with a few friends and people you trust there are services that you can rent a server from for maybe $15/month for a 10 person server.

Really the main problem the game has is the official servers. If you avoid those, it really is a enjoyable experience about building up from nothing, taming dinosaurs to ride and fight with, and generally taming a primal world for yourself. There's really nothing like it. There are dozens with similar base building mechanics, but for the taming and riding aspect ARK is the top of a very small list.

18. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

While I do see where you’re coming from, saying a game is terrible but that if you’re willing to mod it to hell and back you can potentially get a good game out of it isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement.

19. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

The point I was trying to make is that while it isn't a perfect game, what problems it does have are easy enough to reduce or remove that they aren't really a reason to completely avoid it.

Even an unmodded locally hosted private game using only the ingame sliders to adjust the rates is still a hell of alot of fun, there's a reason the game is still going so strong. Mods only make it better. A rented private server with you and a few friends to avoid assholes ruining your fun because they can is something that can hold you for months.

If you buy the game and join the official servers? You life is going to suck, you leave a negative Steam review, and miss what the game has to offer because the devs didn't feel like neutering the assholes giving their game a worse reputation than it deserves. Avoid them and you have a game that gives an experience like nothing else available.

daimahou likes this.
  20. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Factorio does have a peaceful mode. Aliens are still there and you'll have to clear them away, but they'll never attack until you do.

I still want to play Satisfactory, but I've been advised the steam version is data mining, so I'm waiting.

21. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

Laura Bailey (Abby's VA for The Last of Us 2) is actually getting death threats because of the game.

[​IMG]

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

Bacon_commando, Jiven and wayne82444 like this.
  22. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Angry at the game but unable to actually shout at the characters so they go to the next "best" thing.

23. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

It's fucking beyond pathetic.

24. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

Just saw a new announcement trailer from Devolver, which asks us a very important question: Who wants more Wang?

25. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Aww, he's wearing a mask that looks like Hoji's face. That's sweet.

And it's about darn time. The second game ended on a cliffhanger. I just hope that it doesn't keep the looter shooter aspects of the second game and returns to a smaller, more curated set of guns like the first game. Really looking forward to the Gameplay trailer.

26. Marix Reaver

Marix Reaver All the dragons shall be lewded!

Hmm, Far Cry 6 was just leaked, talking about the basic stuff, such as the villian and basic stuff. This time it is apparently/possibly based on Cuba. The devs are taking it better than TLoS 2, thank god. Hope it turns out well.

Here is the IGN video talking about the leak.

27. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

I wonder how many minutes you will have to wait and do nothing at the beginning to get the true ending.

28. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Or how many logical backflips they'll do to ensure that the villain was right all along. :V

29. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Well, only Far Cry 4 did it right imo.

30. gadeel

gadeel Know what you're doing yet?

New Bloodstained game out. Ought to scratch a Metroidvania itch, particularly with Grimoire of Souls about to die.