1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, meetings with the boss, always a fun time. Do wonder how the old boy's getting on...

Even a Tamaranean can get bored with easy wins. Good thing she's had a change of scene before she stopped wanting to do it.

Weather Wizard is a bit too interested in being a Rogue, I suspect. Can't see the forest of possible profit for the trees of superheroic interference.

At least he hasn't fobbed you off on a backup VI simulation. I would not be surprised if he had that set up, just in case.

Good, they're actually in OL's chain of command this time? That was half the problem with Manga Khan...

And he's so matter-of-fact about it. When did something like Pluto being a giant starfish stop being amazing?

Raiding the still-functional chunks of brain for useful data? I suppose it'd take a hell of a long time to decompose, if it did at all.

With any luck, that's the only Earth Bullshit they'll have to deal with. Until the next random thing comes along. Seriously, who wrote the random encounter tables for Earth?

So, he's expecting them 'Real Soon™' Which means anytime now, but probably the worst possible moment possible.

Abra Cadabra, and presumably Nylor Truggs? Though the latter may take some tracking down.

Truggs is probably the last person you want to give a ring... And yet a damn good candidate, because he knows what he wants and how to go about getting it.

Yeah, their timelines weren't nice places to start with, but having the Sheeda stomp on them might not improve them.

Ah, going straight to the top? Best way to get some action on it, I suppose.

Shouldn't be too hard to find good candidates. Might be worth going in search of the Indigo Corps, try and get them onside.

I suppose you might get Sinestro's interest by pushing the law and order angle. Just have to keep a handle on his preference for being the guy in charge...

Figures. Too many super-weapon projects on the side?

Well, that went well. I suppose Dox isn't the kins to go in for shouting over the comm. Though he might have a bit of a headache after talking with OL.

Better to look for people who won't be assholes in the name of Science!

Ah, some days you just can't get away from the phone...

Feeling him out about another Blue Ring, eh?

Eh, Kalmin doesn't give a toss about politeness, does he? Down to business!

And now Kalmin has a headache. Probably thinking 'Damn Humans...'

Oh, boy. What's he going to ask for this time? given the hoops OL had to jump through for Alan's Lantern.

Please be something easy...

...Fuuuuuck. Couldn't be something fun, could it, Kalmin?

A nice quite moment, touching base with his co-workers. At least now he has a decent goal, if a grisly one. And confirmation that the fleet he asked for on Venturia's behalf is actually en-route. So some progress on that front. What next, I wonder?

Perhaps 'whose' might fit better here? I'm not an expert...
    "I'll talk to unaligned maltusians about it...
    He's rejuvenated, he finds making constructs…

2. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

IIRC the guardians are still experimenting with it, though induced hope would likely work since induced will worked fine.

Gilhelmi likes this.
  3. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Let's look at the actual content of his post. It basically said, here's stuff she doesn't know, which alright. And yes, you are right that if it was any other person I wouldn't have replied, but given the reputation Vearmina has built for himself, his comment looked like another thinly-veiled complaint, and one without any substance to it either.

I think this was brought up in the story earlier, something about Alan not really knowing how.

Found it:

4. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

And thus we have our next major arc's title.

Bring Me The Head Of Thaal Sinestro!

5. inck

inck Getting out there.

get that mask that can make others feel any emotion you want, use it when fighting sinestro to make him feel hope, which should make him unable to use his yellow ring (unless im mistaken?), then kill him.

or team up with alan to fight him.

easy.

zerofarad likes this.
  6. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

Pluto is not a planet. If it were, then Haumea, Makemake, and Eris would all be planets as well, and analysis of the Kuiper Belt indicates that there could be anywhere from 200 to 70,000 more objects out there of comparable size. Unless you're prepared for the list of planets to get really long, to the point of irrelevancy Pluto, unfortunately, just doesn't belong.

moralrelativity and Cuchulin like this.
  7. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

maltus

Darko and Hell's Razer like this.
  8. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

Or on purpose.

Darko and AngelicKnight. like this.
  9. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Maybe OL should invetigate Haumea, Makemake and Eris to see if they have Mother Stars in them as well.

10. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

I, guess? I mean, it does seem very coincidental that the one plutoid that was discovered back in the early 20th century just happened to be the one that's mostly a Mother Star, and there's no reason not to suspect some of the others of being something similar. Then again, it is Earth, with it's massively powerful bullshit field (aka magic), so it could be causal.

Might be something to schedule for a lazy afternoon.

11. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

12. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

it’s still a dwarf planet tho, i see nothing wrong about calling it a planet.

13. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

He won't really go for that, right?

Koriandr is not so important that her changing ring colour justifies going against Sinestro.

Cuchulin likes this.
  14. Belenus

Belenus Versed in the lewd.

Watsonian: OL is powered by desire, if he wants to get Koriandr a blue ring, he's gonna get Koriandr a blue ring.

Doylist: She's a potential waifu and OL has done less reasonable things just to be nice before.

Darko, Ngamer11, nobodez and 5 others like this.
  15. Idkusername

It's not just for Corriander.

Paul wants to make the Blue and Vioet Corps subsidiaries of the Orange Corps, or at least heavily affiliated.

Darko, Ngamer11, nobodez and 2 others like this.
  16. Agumentic

Agumentic Not too sore, are you?

Not exactly assembling IKEA furniture here.

17. Gilhelmi

Gilhelmi Know what you're doing yet?

People have made crazier requests before. Almost as a joke.

Sinestro is a blight upon the Universe. A grave danger to be sure.

Or, Paul might contact Ganthet or Syad........ In secret if possible.........

18. ChiChi

ChiChi I trust you know where the happy button is?

when they form up
    that you consider
    perhaps make the link local?

ditto
    ditto
    ditto
    ring but no lantern
    than me in
    I'm not understanding the joke here
    my own?
    taken away?
    localize the link?
    perhaps the link should be made local?
    *blinks* I forget why I quoted this one
    Broken link
    Broken link?
    I don't see a typo so I think there was something about the link that needed fixing but I don't remember what
    *blinks* what the heck is up with wonder woman working at a taco whiz?
    visibly

Finally caught up on the main story... You Sir are an amazing author! keep up the great work!

19. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

I'm sure Eris would be up for a thorough examination.

20. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    No, I think I'll leave/make them them as links to the main story threads.
    Thank you, corrected.
    I... Think they were just trying to confuse Mr Hunter or make him think about specific things.
    Accent.
    As above.
    No point asking me.
    No good. I can't remember what the original looked like. Does anyone have any good armoured gorilla pictures?
    Huh. Weird.
    Can't help you there.
    Themyscira was in a parallel universe and the Justice League was shut down. She was broke and needed the job.
    Thank you, corrected.
    And I finally caught up with your corrections!

21. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Prince Charon, Xmaster3000 and Ardy like this.
  22. rdfox

rdfox Know what you're doing yet?

One point nobody seems to have made. Kalmin asked for Sinestro's head as payment for a new blue ring for Kory. This wouldn't be a problem at all, particularly if the agreement is for him to complete the ring and lantern before receiving payment.

Because, after all, he never specified that said head couldn't still be attached to its body...

23. Mr Zoat

Yes, but that's obviously Wilson. I need one that could be of the gorilla at the back.

[​IMG]

Bramble Thorn, Ardy, nobodez and 2 others like this.
  24. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Well, the text in the chapter had the SI unable to tell if "that's actual power armour or he's just that big", and most art of Grodd that I can find has him wearing two pauldrons and a helmet at most so... ok, found some that fit. How about this?

25. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

How much hope would Kalmin feel if Paul delivered Sinestro's head, but with the rest of him attached? An opportunity to personally kill the man who ruined his standing on Qward seems like the sort of pleasant surprise to stir the blue light.

Darko and Cuchulin like this.
  26. Mr Zoat

I appreciate the effort, but that's clearly strapped on.
    Not really. Kalmin wouldn't hate the opportunity, but he's a Weaponer, not a Thunderer. He makes weapons for other people and they do the killing for him.

27. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

I've heard the claim that anyone who makes weapons should know how to use them, competently (i.e. they don't need to be a Master). Otherwise, they can't do their job properly...

Cuchulin and Xmaster3000 like this.
  28. Mr Zoat

He's perfectly capable of using the weapons he builds. but his sense of personal honour and pride isn't tied up in doing so.

29. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Yes... Which is why I said Paul should ask for a copy of the Blueprints... That way Alan would actually be able to make them.

Cuchulin likes this.
  30. Idkusername

And did you miss the part where it talks about having mastery over your light? I’m not sure who quoted it, but have a look. Just because you have the blueprints to something doesn’t mean you can use them properly.

Darko, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.