1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Ooh... sounds cool... link?

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Sorry, that was years ago. I've got no idea what it was called.

3. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Luna digs into the way Star Swirl's Mirror works. It would seem to combine inter-universe transport and shape-shifting in quite an elegant way, maybe a magical intelligence of some sort to figure-out the target shape. Now, if you can unpick this...

Could be rather useful if you want some shape-shifting done, without using your own power...

Cuchulin and Xmaster3000 like this.
  4. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

She was warned. Some people just have to pee on the electric fence for themselves though.

5. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

*dryly* that's only because the inmate who has a pet holding a "lobotomize AI into mindless puppet with access to anything network connected"button for the person running it is an idiot with a complexity obsession/ was seceretly a corpse-puppet for his own Shard. the birdcage as of the start of the story is compromised due to the AI running its systems being compromised-
    even without the idiot salvage diver's stolen admin credentials, there's the free-will override forcing her to follow "lawful orders"from higher authority....

if Teacher was smarter/was still in control of his own body (timeline is vague) by that point, well....
    ... you know, i was thinking....
    ironically, if the reveal had happened in a less traumatic way, there's a decent chance that there'd have been a Demand for Dragon to hand over control of the 'cage specifically because she COULD be ordered to let people out if higher authority was of malicious intent/subverted,instead out of Frankenstein-complex induced paranoia...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Xmaster3000 and Cuchulin like this.
  6. l---erddad---l

l---erddad---l Wait, google can see this?

Point of order: That is entirely within Jack Slash's powerset. Mind you, I'm not debating that Shards aren't willing to play GM as necessary (see WoG about how if Moord Nag had had her monster nom down on a bunch of cloned nonsentient beings, it would let her get away with it for a little bit before balancing how much that's worth), but Jack Slash's "primary power", if his slasher ability is his secondary power, is a combination Master/Thinker power that gives him information about other parahumans and alters the 'conflict drive' that parahumans normally have to instead be thoughts useful to Jack. Thoughts like "this guy is too dangerous", "I should go left", etc etc. Both of those combine together to make him seem much more intelligent than he actually is: he expects you to go left even though that's a bad move, you move left because your gut instinct, as supplied by ShardCo, told you to.

Xmaster3000, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  7. Mr Zoat

My understanding is that his 'official' power is to instintively understand how to persuade parahumans to do things, not to compel them to do things.

8. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Funny enough almost the knock offs I have seen look like G1 ponies or G3.5 ponies. Nickelodion at least has cared to use a different art style for their knock off shows.

9. cereal_lurker

cereal_lurker Getting sticky.

Has the Renegade been cleared by Scott yet? If so, how did Scott react to finding out about a potential 'cure' for the Anti-Life?

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Most likely with a little happy dance.

Vorian and Ardy like this.
  11. l---erddad---l

l---erddad---l Wait, google can see this?

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/worm-quotes-and-wog-repository.294448/page-11#post-20250752

"A combination of what Jaki said (Imp gets nudged away by her shard, she gets a bad feeling as she prepares to attack, and if and when she does attack her attack is off-target, or she hesitates, creating a window), intuition on Jack's part (suspicion, a hyperawareness of odd details, the movement of air in the room, 'it's too quiet', etc., happening to move to another location just as Imp strikes out), and leverage of the broadcast... Crawler wakes to initial commotion, he uses his full senses with his shard happening to kick into full gear (a la Skitter and her varying range) and/or moves across room, forcing Imp to back up from Jack, Shatterbird lashes out in a blind attack that happens to connect.

On that last point, the Nine can be considered to be an [editing to add 'unconscious'] extension of Jack for all intents and purposes. To Imp, it's just a 'This feels like a bad idea, I'm going to do it anyway! Fuck, missed! Oh shit, ow! Well now I'm bleeding and, it's pretty damn serious. That must be why it felt like such a bad idea!'"

If WoG disagrees with the text I tend to ignore it, but this fits with what we see in Worm.

Ngamer11, Vorian, Xmaster3000 and 2 others like this.
  12. Siiracai The Supernal

Siiracai The Supernal Shadows and Balance

I remember suggesting a Worm snip a while ago. It feels like ancient times now.

13. monochromaticPrism

monochromaticPrism Getting out there.

Thank you for the swift reply.

Sorry for not being clear on the first part, my feelings at the time were split between the sympathy I built up for the specific struggles of many of Worm's characters and the Lord Protector's decidedly swift and extreme response to a number of those characters (particularly nazi mom since she was trying to be better), with a little bit of back-of-my-mind lingering on why he wasn't dealing with the Slaughterhouse 9 (although tbf I do realize that us seeing his realization about the brain modifications probably means he had only been in-universe for a few minutes).

Looking forward to the next entry in this storyline, whenever that will be.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Cuchulin and Xmaster3000 like this.
  14. Gilhelmi

Gilhelmi Know what you're doing yet?

I have more questions that I just thought of for the "week in the life".

Is Raquel (Rocket) still trying to become a leader on the team? I assume so, but would like to see her develop more.

How is Wallace's Alchemy studies coming along? Is he about to become one of the youngest Billionaires with his breakthroughs? (I assume not, mostly because Boss Smiley has not been beaten yet, speaking of the devil.)

When are we going to hear see Paul confront Boss Smiley? I know Paul was questioning whether or not it actually happened after he escaped pseudo-purgatory.

Mr. Truggs has been quiet as well. Are we going to get to see him study the dialer he stole?

I also really want to see Ganthet and Siad again. I hope that All will be well with them soon.

Cuchulin likes this.
  15. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Well. Apparently if you ever feel like using him for any reason, DC has decided to bring back Snowflame.

[​IMG]

16. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Oh, god, the Eighties-ness. It burns like his cocaine flames...

Bramble Thorn, Cuchulin, RGFJ and 7 others like this.
  17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Anyone think that Snowflame may be the mystical avatar of the eighties use of cocaine?

Kinda like how Uncle Sam is the embodiment of America, Snowflame could be the embodiment of eighties drug use.

Cuchulin, RGFJ, Xmaster3000 and 8 others like this.
  18. Threadmarks: A Week in the Life of (supplementary, Renegade Option)
    Mr Zoat

13th April
    15:03 GMT -7

Luna manages to keep her nerve as I step forwards to slightly discourage them. Children here aren't afraid of me, but I register as 'adult' and 'authority' and they're not quite as eager to-.

"Mister Grayven?" A small girl points at Princess Luna as her mother catches up with her and gives me a slightly embarrassed smile. "Is that your pony?"

The boy next to her stares at Luna. "Is it an alien pony?"

I nod. "Technically, yes."

There's a small disruption at the back of the huddle as Clare and Sarah are gradually recognised by their peers and their peers' parents as being my children and permitted closer. Lynne and my namesake are hanging back with the others, with Knockout keeping watch over the crowd of parents and children for potential attackers.

"Everyone, this is Princess Luna. Luna, these are the students and parents of Rifle, Colorado."

Luna metaphorically girds her caparisons and steps forward.

"SALUTATIONS, DIMINUTIVE HOMINIDS!"

Her legs are spread and braced against the playground tarmac, her wings are unfurled and on full display and by the Source I think my right ear is ringing.

The front rank of children stagger backwards into their wincing parents' legs. Even Clare and Sarah are cringing, their hands covering their ears.

"WE BRING WARM FELICITATIONS FROM OUR NATION OF EQUESTRIA, AND HOPE THAT WE MAY PROCEED IN THE SPIRIT OF FRIENDSHIP!"

She pauses for breath, and the crowd are torn between risking uncovering their ears or covering their ears harder.

"Luna…" She turns her head towards me and I raise my eyebrows. "Volume..?"

"WE SPEAK WITH THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE, WHEN…" She sighs. "When.. We.. hath no need to at all." She trots forward and extends her head towards a child with both arms over her head. "Art thou well, small child? Hath Our speech injured thine ears?"

The boy blinks at her and lowers his arms.

"You're a really loud horse."

"We are a pony."

The boy smiles.

"You're a really loud pony."

"Thou are suredly a most astute human."

"You talk weird."

"We speak in the proper manner for an Equestian princess."

The girl next to him perks up.

"You're a princess?"

Luna gives her a mildly puzzled look, then glances upward to check that her crown is still in place. "Doth thou not see the crown 'pon Our head?"

The boy looks thoughtful.

"I put a plastic crown on my dog's head one time. That didn't make him a princess."

"Couldst thine crown'd canine speak?"

"He barks."

"And didst thou understand his meaning?"

"Ah… No? Not really."

"Then We shall continue to consider Ourself to be his superior."

The boy doesn't have a response, just taking a half-step back and shrugging. The small girl is already stepping forward to replace him, right hand nervously extended.

"Can I pet you?"

"We-. Ah…" Her ears twitch and I see her consider looking at me for support. "Are not entirely averse to-"

The girl places her right hand on Luna's muzzle, causing Luna to momentarily go cross-eyed.

"-thine-. Yes, that…"

The girl sort of rubs the fur a little, while Luna… She's trying not to sneeze. I'm not sure whether that's due to the pressure on her nose or the scent of modern perfumed detergent.

"This is not quite-. Yes, that is Our nose. Do not wear it-"

And that's the cue the rest of the ragamob needs. The horde advances once more, lapping around Luna's sides to lay their hands… About as gently as could be expected, on her neck and barrel, with one or two of the braver souls daring to brush her darkly-feathered wings.

"-out."

I… Get ready to perform an emergency pony extraction if she gets distressed, but she.. seems to be handling-.

A different girl finds herself lifted into the air by Luna's thaumokinesis and brought to float in front of her face.

"Grooming Our pelt is acceptable, but pulling 'pon Our mane is not. Doth thou understand the difference?"

The girl nods shamefacedly.

"Very well."

Luna carefully sets her down a little back from the scrum, then notices that the children are now staring at her horn.

"You're a magical pony?!"

"Didst Our wings and horn not providst thou with sufficient evidence?"

"I thought it was stuck on."

"Our horn is most assuredly affixed to Our face, in much the same manner that thine nose is affixed to thine own."

I step around the huddle of curious children and address their bemusedly smiling parents.

"Sell out toy for Christmas twenty twelve?" There's a quiet chuckle. "But seriously, there's a whole country of magical ponies where she's from. How do you feel about interplanar tourists?"

A fellow named Chet -his son Davis is friends with Stephan- waves his right hand at Luna.

"They all her size?"

"About half her size."

An amused hissing-exhalation whistles through his teeth. "Well, I don't think they'll cause much trouble, but… Ah…"

And the children have lapped around to her haunches.

"I don't know if the kids'll be able to keep their hands off them. How'd you two meet?"

"Sunset-" Who is standing well back and letting events unfold. "-wanted to visit home, we bumped into each other in the palace. And now we're dating!"

Chet looks uncertain about that. "You're dating a horse?"

"I'm an alien dating an alien. Not all intelligent creatures are humanoid, you know. Heck, not all Apokoliptians are humanoid."

Sunset reluctantly takes a step forward. "Yeah, in Equestria, most intelligent species have four legs. Not all, but bipeds are pretty unusual. I think it's just yetis and minotaurs."

The first small girl stares at our equine guest. "Princess Luna?! Are you dating Mister Grayven?!"

"We have tentatively accepted him as our consort, though-."

"Oh?" I mug for the crowd. "Sounds like I'm getting promoted this evening."

Luna's ears prick up, followed by the rest of her head as she glares at me.

"Thou art most certainly not 'getting promoted', rapscallion!"

I bow my head in mock shame as my fellow parents laugh.

Demoted to 'thou'.

Darn.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  19. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Do they make Grayven sized couches? 'Cause otherwise his sleeping situation might be awkward for a while

20. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

Time for another exciting episode of "Rascal Does Not Dream Of Alicorn Sempai".

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey worse things can happen.

Just ask Juan Marine.

Vorian, Gantradies, Cuchulin and 5 others like this.
  22. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

This would have been the absolutely perfect moment for Krypto to fly by.

23. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

He has a power ring. Grayven makes Grayven sized couches.

Alexandercctv, CTrees, Rebu and 2 others like this.
  24. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Plus, yeah, they do. Couches tend to fit 3 - 4 people lengthwise.

Lupercal likes this.
  25. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

x3 Muhahahahaa... Oh, this is going to be adorable. And hilarious.

She's technically her own pony, thank you. And bless that boy for asking the important question.

At least the Brood are giving Luna space. I don't foresee the rest being quite so restrained.

Haha, the nerves got to her! She only uses Royal Canterlot Voice when she's nervous!

Not a good first impression, Luna. Not helping Grayven's image either, with the evil queen impression.

"Please make her stop shouting..."

At least she understands that she messed up. That's progress.

Like really loud, yes. But a horse, she is not.

I like this one. He understands the importance of correct nomenclature.

Oh, Luna... You shouldn't have dropped the Princess bomb.

And cue the starry eyed awe.

...A fair point. But he was a dog. A perfectly normal dog.

To be honest, most dogs in Equestria don't speak Equestrian either. Do they?

Can't argue with that logic.

Yeeesss... Touch the pony... Touch the fluffy tail.

Adorable! I do hope Grayven is recording this. Discreetly, so he can show it off later.

Either one would be cause to sneeze, yes. Probably best to try and hold back though. Don't want to ruin her first meeting with regular humans by covering someone in alicorn snot. :D

Daaaaw. Just watch for the grabby ones.

See? Betcha she tugged on something she shouldn't have.

Betcha she won't ever pull someone's hair again.

She talks. That's not magical enough for you? Did they not notice the swirly, floating mane and tail?

In other words, don't go tugging on it, it will not come off.

Heheh. Rifle is gonna become first stop on the Pony tourist trail.

Adorably and inoffensively compact.

At least she can control her reflex to kick someone touching her from behind. You wouldn't do that with a regular horse.

Wow, he just drops the bomb so casually. And it's not so much 'bumped' as 'she attacked me assuming I was someone else'.

So it's not zoophilia, it's xenophilia. Probably a distinction most people won't get...

Well, he is a prince, after all...

oooh, wrong thing to say. Especially in front of Luna.

Yeah, if they were living together, that'd earn him a night on the couch. Or two.

Oh, don't worry, let her get petted by the kids for a while, she'll calm down.

Oh, this was great. And she managed to not make too many mistakes. But the idea of Equestrian Tourism on Earth? Hilarious. Can you imagine a group visiting New York? "Wow, it reminds me of Manehatten!"

Spellcheck's picking this up as an error. Perhaps 'DIMINUTIVE'?
    "Our horn is assuredly affixed to Our face...
    Extraneous space.

Cuchulin, Gilhelmi, Lupercal and 12 others like this.
  26. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Luna is best princess.

Deserves all the heckin pets.

Gladiusone, Cuchulin, nobodez and 3 others like this.
  27. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

And then Darkseid shows up and sits on it. Because he's Darkseid.

Cuchulin, Ardy, Lupercal and 3 others like this.
  28. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

OMG I'm loving Lunyven (Grayuna?) so, so much...

Cuchulin and Lupercal like this.
  29. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

I'm pretty sure that Krypto in the Young Justice universe is named Wolf, and I think Grayven killed it in his timeline?

PurpLexed likes this.
  30. Mr Zoat

They aren't sleeping together as yet.

I did think about what their first time would be like, and I decided that since what the Renegade finds attractive about Luna is her personality rather than her appearence that he'd probably struggle to get an erection at the start.
    Thank you, corrected.

Bramble Thorn, Ngamer11, Ardy and 6 others like this.