1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. AngelicKnight.

AngelicKnight. Lewd demon of negotiable affection

Yeah so I never really looked up what Georgia looked like. I vaguely recall it being mentioned she looked like a female version of her dad and... after googling it that seems not too far from the truth.
    [​IMG]

But when I googled her I saw this version of her come up first and repeatedly.... so yeah seems safe to say she made some drastic changes at some point
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think the second pictures are of her when she and her family got Captain Marvel/Shazam like powers.

She has the lightning bolt symbol on her clothes.

When someone transforms their looks change, often times to an idealised form.

Billy's form changes to be like his idealised version of his father and Theo Adams form changed into that of a bodybuilder when he stole Teths powers, symbolising his desire to be seen as powerful.

3. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Jovium, the one Paul reacted to so thoroughly they thought he’d had sex with the amazon blacksmith

Prince Charon, Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  4. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

We can always ask Mr Zoat because regardless of what he wrote in the past, his current intentions in regards to the limitations and advantages of Jovium are what truly matter and we don't even know if this weapon uses Jovium (I don't think it does).

Also like I said, for a weapon system a few magic runes being added/imprinted to the physical frames/parts are probably significantly more effective than using meta materials for their designs, with the only drawback being that the weapon won't work outside earth's arcane field.

5. fappingtoyourpost

fappingtoyourpost Know what you're doing yet?

Does dream owe OL a solid in this, or is that some other fic? Because finding a hopeful nerd who just read The Silmarillion and grabbing whoever's playing Celebrimbor might do the trick for getting a blue ring

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think you're talking about 'We Are Legion' by RagnarokAscendant.

The MC in that story rescues Dream from his imprisonment.

I don't think that any of the versions of Paul have so far met Dream.

I could see Dream being capable of making a Blue Ring though.

As for where he could find some hope, well there was that Firmament of Hopes and Dreams from the Dreaming comic.

7. LazySloth13

LazySloth13 Versed in the lewd.

Paul has only ever interacted with Desire of the Endless, when he and the Ophidian were fused together and the Green Lanterns denied their desire despite wanting to help them, and was on the moon in the toilet stall he created for Tuppence cradling the star sapphire.

And most of the interaction involved Desire observing Paul until the team showed up to save him, commenting on his mental state, and briefly brought up as blur when Paul tried to remember his time fused with the Ophidian.

Out of all the Endless Paul should try contacting is Destruction who left his realm in order to discover himself as a being and wanting create things rather than destroy, as mostly of humanity and possible other species have gotten very well at destruction themselves.

Ngamer11, Ardy and Darko like this.
  8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He also, well, sampled something Morpheus left behind, a bit of himself I think, in his prison, that time he had Hinon come with him to Earth.

Chaoswind likes this.
  9. Gilhelmi

Gilhelmi Know what you're doing yet?

He did. Paul told Zatanna after their trip to Earth -14.

Well 20% told, 80% she figured it out and asked.

And now their relationship as friends is much better. With Overgirl (age 39) now on the team, Paul could probably just tell everyone his "big" secrete.

BBJimmy, Ngamer11, Cuchulin and 4 others like this.
  10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

And Jade.

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Probably, but it still may end at least a bit badly.

Nothing too serious, but finding out that he's been lying about his age all this time may make some people upset.

Overgirl at least didn't lie about how old she was.

Any of you think that Giovanni is going to be all that happy to find out his little girl was trying to initiate a romantic, and sexual during the dragon thing, relationship with someone twice her age and said guy didn't tell her how old he was?

I'm guessing no.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    Cuchulin and Gilhelmi like this.
  12. Gilhelmi

Ya, but this is a comic universe. I think that he would be more reasonable. Heck, he knows Paul's character and knows that he rebuffed every one of her advances.........

Or we get a comedy bit of Giovanni chasing Paul with a Magical Orange Laser Rifle that he created but never sold to the public. That would please Eris greatly. :sneaky:

Ngamer11, Cuchulin, Vorian and 2 others like this.
  13. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

There is still the whole giving massages to girls in their mid-teens while pretending to be a teenager, I imagine other people would react more like Eros Zatanna.

BBJimmy, Ngamer11, Cuchulin and 3 others like this.
  14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm getting an image of Giovanni just looking at Paul and Paul not trying to see Giovannis emotions because he doesn't want to see all the red there.

One viewer once posted an omake in which Zatanna tells her dad, who's still being possessed by Nabu, that she's going to date Constantine.

Giovanni takes control and goes on to kill John.

15. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

It is, she was the Captain Marvel Jr of her family, she was defeated by Freddy tricking her into saying her own name.

I felt sympathy for her, really.

All she wanted to do with this stolen magical power given to her by her father? Enjoy being pretty for once.

So if she had her druthers, her villainous career apparently would have consisted of getting guys to buy her drinks at bars and what not. Oh, the humanity!

16. Gilhelmi

I. Need. To. Read. That. Omake. I laughed way too hard.

I only started reading just before the transition to QQ, so I never got to see many of those.

If anyone can find a link, I would be very grateful.

Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  17. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

The first post in the thread has an omake index, but here you go.

Cuchulin, Darko and Gilhelmi like this.
  18. Threadmarks: A Week in the Life of (part 9)
    Mr Zoat

15th April
    12:31 GMT +3

"Do you not think that was rude?"

"Koriand'r, if I didn't pull you away then my countrywomen would never let you go."

"Is it not good that they are so friendly?"

"That's a little complicated." We emerge into Erebos and I take the lead as we fly towards Lord Hades' palace. "I want them to learn to leave the island. If they can get what they want -which includes stunningly attractive alien warrior-women- by staying at home, they get disincentivised."

"You..? Think I am stunning?"

I glance at her with a frown. "Yes, you.. are? Especially to a warrior culture that holds physically capable women in high regard. Themyscira has been in voluntary isolation for most of the past two thousand years, so anything new gets a lot of attention… What?"

"Stunning?"

"Seriously?"

"I grew to womanhood on Okaara, and the people of Okaara have standards of beauty that are not the same as those of Tamaran."

"Okay, yes, but surely there were other students?"

"The Warlords preferred to teach only small groups, and their lessons left little time for other matters. I was there to learn so that I could lead my people, not to entertain myself. And… Since I was betrothed, I did not want to risk becoming too attached to someone I would have to leave. I have never experienced romantic love, and my only experience of sex is being raped by Citadelian soldiers."

"Oh." Ah. I know that tamaraneans process trauma differently to humans, but… I don't.. really… "Are you..? Alright?"

"Yes?" She blinks. "Should I not be?"

"I… No, I'm glad that you are, but perhaps we should make time to discuss the life goals you have that aren't related to public service? It's a poor sort of Orange Lantern who doesn't get at least something for themselves, and Vega is hardly in the same sort of state it used to be in."

She smiles. "Do you wish to 'set me up' with someone? Did Rikane telling you that you were a betrothal-breaking villain make you so concerned?"

"I… Suppose that I'd like you to be happy..?"

"Perhaps with Alan?"

I actually fall slightly in the air.

"Um."

"You do not approve?"

"Alan.. is… Fairly old for a human. Um."

"But his body is fuelled by the light of hope."

"That's certainly true. But… Have you talked about his late wife? Because him… Being involved with someone… I certainly don’t hate the idea, but I think it's something that you should think about carefully? With perhaps a greater understanding of human cultural norms than you currently have?"

She nods as we come in for a landing.

"That may be more wise."

Starfire and… Alan Scott? I wouldn't have even considered

"Ho, Lanterns." A young-looking man with tanned skin and dark grey hair and wearing.. safari gear that's so stereotypical that it makes me blink, raises his right hand in greeting as he strolls out of the shadows of a pillar. "I was wondering how long I'd be here until I met you."

I bow, and Koriand'r follows suit. "Lord Zagreus. I wasn’t expecting you."

"I'd be a poor hunt-god if my prey expected me." I-. "Oh, not like that. You simply managed to make me curious. What brings you back to the underworld?" He looks pointedly at Koriand'r and then back at me. "Not planning on parading her in front of my sister, I hope?"

"No, no. I simply wanted to ask her help in deciphering some dreams."

He smirks. "And you could hardly ask an oracle. But I'm hardly ignorant on the subject myself, even if you do prefer my sister's company."

"I meant no offence, my lord. I simply haven't had the pleasure of meeting you until today."

"But why not Hypnos? He lives not far from here. And general interpretation is more his bailiwick."

"Because I know Melinoë."

And I honestly can't remember whether Hypnos and Morpheus are distinct beings and I'd rather avoid things like the Endless if at all possible.

"Do you know what my sister spends her time doing?"

"No?"

"Custom mail order nightmares. People like them. I think people are even praying to her. A man called… Jonathan Crane?"

"Doctor Jonathan Crane, and that doesn't surprise me. He's insane and obsessed with fear but chemically incapable of feeling it without Melinoë's help."

"At least he's happy. Listen, I've got some… Bad news."

"What's that?"

"Your visits are setting off our mother's protective instincts. She's… Not cutting you off, exactly… But I'm supposed to chaperone you."

"Did she call you back from… Wherever you were, because-"

"Nairobi."

"-she thinks I'm going to abduct Melinoë? Because Melinoë could lock me in a never-ending series of horrifying nightmares."

He glances awkwardly away.

"Our.. mother is concerned that.. perhaps she wouldn't want to."

"So… What exactly is Queen Persephone's opposition to relevance in the modern world?"

"It's not the hobby. It's the man. And I don't think that having me along is really all that burdensome."

"Alright. I suppose you aren't really a problem. Where is Melinoë now?"

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  19. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Change "is" to "in".

20. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Should probably drop the 'been'. Or maybe make it something like 'been experienced with'.

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Think maybe it should be 'of human'

Zagreus is a God of the Hunt?

There isn't exactly a whole lot of info about him, aside from that he may also be Dyonisis.

22. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

This whole update is adorable.

Edit: Well, except for the rape part.

23. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Wait, Persephone is worried her daughter will be kidnapped? Kind of ironic.

24. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Yes! Melinoë is back on!

25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Potential friendship with Kori there?

Ravens not here yet, but there is another grey skinned, moody, magic girl around.

26. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

This is only the second time I've ever seen Zagreus mentioned anywhere. The other one is in the Hades game.

I like how you portray the Tamaranians consistently as actually alien instead of just Humans with different skin colour.

27. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

That is a completely and utterly fair fear.

After all, nobody should want Paul as a Son in law.

28. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

29. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

I totally read all his lines in the voice of the version from that game.

30. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, the Amazons getting a little clingy? The drawback of bringing a gorgeous orange space babe to a country of mostly-lesbians.

I mean, the rest of humanity isn't generally unattractive, but having Kori around makes it just a bit harder...

And there aren't exactly a lot of visitors, after all. So female guests get a lot of attention in particular. Yay.

For reference, Okaaran females tend to be over six feet tall, and built like male bodybuilders. Imagine the classic 'buff female orc' meme. By those standards, Tamaraneans like Kori would look like skinny children.

Ooof. yeah, I think most of us forgot that little detail of her history...

There's no little twitch in here eyebrow, is there? No trace of repressed anger? Because that sort of thing tends to come out at just the wrong moment, according to Narrative Causality...

Well... There is Robin. I know, he's all of fifteen, but she's only about seventeen. Not that squicky...

Good thing they're in a tunnel, that kind of thing might have ended up with him face-first in a building anywhere else.

Uh... Do Tamaraneans have the 'Half Plus Seven' rule back home?

Dang, he must be looking good by now. Mid forties?

And if her empathic sight is even half as good as his, she'd pick up on the Love. Even without it, you'd be hard pressed not to notice how much he loved Rose...

Because it's just... No. Just no. I don't think anyone ever considered that idea. Except maybe some particularly pervy folks.

Zagreus, greek god of the Hunt. Quite a confused and varied background there.

The Dreams of the Star Mother, eh? He's still plugging away at that one, I see.

And looking at your outfit, you've been occupied with other matters.

Eh, Morpheus was called the Oneiromancer. But given the ever-shifting nature of myth, who knows how it mutated?

Her business is her business. I doubt she'd enjoy prying.

He probably finds them quite enjoyable indeed.

Really? I would have expected Hades to be the overprotective one.

The lady is hardly unprotected. Even if she didn't protect herself, the spirits and shades dwelling in Erebos would overhear any shenanigans.

...How ironic, indeed.

Hells, he may even have some interesting input. After all, they weren't called 'Star Hunters' for nothing.

An interesting conversation. And hopefully tomorrow, we get to see that little interpretation session. Persephone's concerns are amusing. But given her love life's course, she probably would be expecting something of an 'elopement'...

...human cultural norms than you currently have?"