1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I can think of no other response to this other than "Yes, and?'"

If the knight cannot see the end in that then he truly is lost.

Well, I wouldn't say it's only a difference of opinion. Some gods involve a little more torture and suffering than others.
    Oh, is he realising all magic is chaos?

2. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

What? You think someone's trying to frame the poor time travelling drow?!

3. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

I thought it was friendship.

Xmaster3000, Caerwen, Darko and 2 others like this.
  4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Multiple editions.

Bramble Thorn, Darko, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  5. DAT_NOOB

Friendship is chaos.

Xmaster3000, Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  6. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Nae king! Nae quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willnae be fooled again!

Huh. I wonder if any Paul has ever arrived in Discworld..

7. MyddynEmrys

MyddynEmrys Getting sticky.

I have a request. The main story spawned a number of side-story based on alternates version of the main character, but those side-stories are not easily reachable: to read them from start to end one needs to go all over the rest of the chapters, and there always is the possibility to miss one. Would it be possible to either put those in 'sidestory' labelled threadmarks or repost them entirely in a dedicated thread, a bit like the 'Story Only' one?

Thankyou in advance!

infinityDivided and DAT_NOOB like this.
  8. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Q: Did the SI also forget the particular lore for the version of Warhammer he's in?

9. Mr Zoat

Certainly. Hop to it.
    Probably.

10. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

reins

Chojin Patriarch and Mr Zoat like this.
  11. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

12. Eponymic

Eponymic Getting sticky.

Really liking the Warhammer arc, I hope we get to see it through soon.

13. Lokpik

Lokpik Not too sore, are you?

I just relistened to the story up to rampage. Is there another audio from rampage to current?

14. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

There's an audio book?

15. Lokpik

Lokpik Not too sore, are you?

On page 1 of this thread

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Friendships can be messy and chaotic things sometimes.

17. Enochi

Enochi Having way to much fun with AI.

Um. I only played WH in the post AoS phase (Least till they decided to fucking squat my army.) But I had dabbled with Brettonians previously and am curious where do you get the lore that the Lady of the Lake was apparently a lie? Or is this just chaos up to their usual tricks.

18. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

In the End Times plot before they killed the game for AoS, it was shown that the Lady, was a guise for the Elven Goddess Lileath, and the whole grail thing was mostly her form of control over the region, using the Knights as a force to hold back chaos while she built up power to try and save what elves she could from the cycle of destruction, using the souls of dead Grail Knights as sort of Proto Sigmaraites (bound spirits to defend her true children, the elves) to flee to another world. Doesn't work out the way she wanted to.

Of course in canon, near the finish line the Bretonnians have been informed of some of this, a huge chunk of the nobility is now vampires, Half the common folk are dead of plague (thanks nurgle) and then the Green Knight shows up, kicks ass, takes names, and shows that's he's actually the immortal first king of the Bretonnians, and takes back the crown to launch a new quest against all the bad shit going down.

Then the planet explodes. GG

19. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

im hoping mallobaude makes the right choice? but this is warhammer. im not gonna get my hopes up.

20. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

I'm confused. Did I miss something or does the whole party suddenly know this sheeda guy's name from nowhere?

21. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

all true. except i always saw the green knight as lileath's bitch. if the planet didnt explode, and the green knight somehow succeeded it would've been back to good old oppressive fuedalism.

Someguy Somewhere likes this.
  22. Mr Zoat

The SI told them. There were several minutes between that segment and the previous one.

23. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

The other Sheeda referred to him by name in the update before that.

zerofarad and Xmaster3000 like this.
  24. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

Considering Warhammer Paul's plan will be to starve the Gods of Chaos out of existence, as those gluttonous horrors and their daemonic hordes feed upon the drives and passions of mortalkind, how exactly does he plan to cut their supply off fully?

Instituting mandatory meditation practices, and commissioning talismans/amulets from the Asur that captures and purifies the power produced by such emotions before returning it to energy-system of the owner possessing such a object, maintaining the overall physical, mental and spiritual health of the individual?

Xmaster3000 and Ngamer11 like this.
  25. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Needs a Gold power ring if you're gonna go for Imperial Truth mandate like the Big E.

From my understanding it's more likely to just make them pointless. Why Sell your Soul to the chaos gods if your standard of living is far better following the orange goof ball, with his introduction of indoor plumbing, 9 to 5 work week with paid holidays and you know, NOT fighting a horrible battle to the death with any semi pointy object you might have on hand every day of your life.

Chaos lives for CHAOS, the emotions that feed them are one thing, but their impact on the world, aside from directly sending demons, is offering power to mortals in a bid to cause conflict, that in turns creates more of those emotions, and more mortals pushed to the fringes that are willing to cut deals. While they have direct power in the chaos wastes because of the broken warp gates that let them into this world, they don't have the power to manifest outside of those areas without someone letting them in.

Raise standard of living via Uplift, lock down external influx of tainted warpcraft (go ask some slann about that), and set up a defensive force that none can rival. Chaos starts looking pretty silly when you've got safety 3 squared meals, leisure time and a scientific understanding of what all those screaming voices want.

I mean, the 40k Eldar STILL fucked it up even after they got that, which is where Slannesh came in with the whole 'Prince of Excess' side, but they aren't going in blind with that this time, and WHFB isn't quite the power level for creating a full fledged Chaos GOD without noticing it.

Well.....maybe Nuffle

Xmaster3000 and infinityDivided like this.
  26. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

I thought it was Dragons or maybe Adventuring?

DAT_NOOB and Xmaster3000 like this.
  27. DAT_NOOB

Which word are you replacing here?

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Here's the chapter where he explains his plan.

29. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well, he did say there are fairly large holes in his plan.

Finding out ways similar if not exactly what I suggested, to deprive the Chaos Gods of some of their main power sources would certainly fill some of them.

Darko likes this.
  30. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

One of those holes is the fact that the Chaos Gods are connected to multiple universes, one of which is Warhammer 40,000. If he wants to starve the Chaos Gods of power, the Old World will just be the first of millions for him to fix.

Cuchulin likes this.