1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

How I Saved History (Fate/Grand Order SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Charles Flynn, Apr 22, 2020.

1. EVA-Saiyajin

EVA-Saiyajin Connoisseur.

Charles Flynn
    In terms of pure swordsmanship how would you compare Siegfried and Lancelot? I mean, the latter is better at fighting in general obviously, but what about pure swordsmanship?

Lancelot won against Siegfried (and Cu) because despite them both being high tier Servants, they didn’t have much experience working together and frankly Lancelot Saber is a horrible, horrible matchup for them between his high (and enhanced) Luck, a choice of a temp stat boost, stat boosts across the fucking board from Arondight, and of course Siegfried's draconic nature being bad against Arondight. I get that.

And if you remember anything, what differences in Skills, parameters and Noble Phantasms would you assign Archer and Rider Karna compared to Lancer? Karna is one of my favorites.

Charles Flynn likes this.
  2. Charles Flynn

Charles Flynn I trust you know where the happy button is?

In pure swordsmanship, Lancelot would win. Siegfried's fighting style was patched together from his experience fighting dragons, and consequently, is less suited towards purely human opponents.

Of course, Lancelot tends to win against pretty much anything so long as he can get into melee. He was the top knight of the Round Table for a damn good reason, after all.

3. Delta Green

Delta Green Know what you're doing yet?

Really, Charlie needs to have someone other than Galahad on his side openly.

Like a Bunny Pharaoh or a Prima Donna Imperator.

4. EVA-Saiyajin

Cursed Arm is on his side. Siegfried seems ok with it. Saint Georgios may not like his actions, but he seems to but he’s been naught but supportive, seeking only to bring out the beet in his Master without breaking him.

The difference is Galahad is much more expressive and literally with him in every combat situation.

Edit: Think Caesar is too, we just don’t see him as much.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Don't forget Cu.

All of the versions seen so far seem to have a pretty good relationship with him.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Oh, and Sasaki Kojiro also seems like a good match.

7. Jedarol

Jedarol I trust you know where the eject button is?

not to mention his wives nero/galahad

Silver W. King likes this.
  8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Galahad is asexual and just considers Charlie a friend.

Though he probably has no idea why.

Nero is unlikely to be summoned, at least according to the author.

But I really wish she was summoned.

Winged One and Charles Flynn like this.
  9. Jedarol

Jedarol I trust you know where the eject button is?

the galahad bit was a joke, as they act like an old married couple at this point, Nero however is sadly absent.

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

We can always hope that the author changes his mind and decides to add her again.

I also hope they summon Jackie and she becomes Charlies and Neros daughter.

Just imagine the parent teacher conferences that would occur when she stabs another child for some reason.

I can see Nero actually giving her advice on how to do it better.

And let's not forget granny Medea and uncle Vlad.

Silver W. King likes this.
  11. EVA-Saiyajin

I thought it was based on Charles summoning her IRL?

Charles Flynn likes this.
  12. Threadmarks: Chapter 142
    Charles Flynn

Of course, even amidst our madcap quest to gather more Grails, life still goes on within the walls of Chaldea.

Or, in some cases, ends.

---​

I stare up at the body dangling from the ceiling, quietly reflecting on the fact that, as of today, I'm one of only twenty-three human beings left alive on the planet.

"I can't believe- I didn't see this coming." Roman's crying as he looks at the fleshy former residence of one Tom H. Morrison, Chaldean bridge tech and section head.

It doesn't make that much of a difference, in truth. All the human staff save for me and Roman could be safely replaced with Servants by this point. All the same... it's still disheartening.

It's almost a betrayal, of sorts. After all, we were all in this together, the last humans on the planet. And he abandoned us.

Part of me wants to rage at him, to cuss him out for not standing with us to the bitter end. But then, I catch myself. He's dead now, and the living.... the living come first.

I put a hand on Roman's shoulder. "I don't think any of us saw this coming. Trust me, if anyone should be kicking himself over not spotting this in time, it should be me. I'm the one in charge of security, after all." And I have a massive spy network that I use to constantly monitor Chaldea, but that's best left unspoken.

"Yeah. Maybe so. But I still feel like I failed him."

"Did he leave a note?"

"No. Probably figured that writing one would just give away his plans." Roman sighs, and slumps into a chair. "How do we break this to the rest of the team? It's going to be hell on our morale."

"That, I leave up to you. God knows that I'm not good with normal people, even if I can manage Servants." I sigh, and take the chair besides him. "Are we holding a funeral? I know that we didn't for Jack, but that was mostly because, well..."

"There wasn't enough of a body to bury?" Roman finishes. "We held a memorial service, but you were on deployment at the time."

"So, where and when are we burying him?"

"I was thinking we could put him in one of the spare Klein Coffins. Preserve his body so that his family can send him off according to his wishes."

"You know wasting power on refrigerating dead people decreases our odds of actually winning, right?" I raise my eyebrow sardonically. Much as I respect Roman, he's still a little too sentimental for everyone's good. "Kind of hard to hand the body over to his family if we're all dead, you know?"

Roman shoots me an unimpressed look. "Really? You're on about this now?"

"Hey the issue's not going away, why should the debate?"

"Flynn, I don't care how many times you ask me, I'm not taking the A-Team off life support."

"All right, fine. Waste our electricity and mana on keeping Lev's #1 victims alive long enough that they can all die instantaneously the second you defrost them." I roll my eyes. "But don't say I didn't warn you when it all comes back to bite us."

"I won't ever regret keeping them with us, Flynn. You can count on that."

---​

Tom's death casts a shadow over Chaldea for weeks. We all knew him, after all, so we all mourn him. I mourn considerably less, of course, but then, I've never really been one to feel all that bad about someone's passing, a fact I prefer to keep to myself, since it tends to make people look at me funny.

But we proceed onwards. Always onwards. Deploying to secure more Grails, and, of course, summoning more Servants.

---​

"Servant Archer, True Name Gilgamesh!" the cheerful little blond boy announces, making me do a double take.

"Ah- Um- W-Welcome, Your Majesty!" I finally manage to get out, still slightly in shock at having summoned the chibi version of humanity's oldest hero. "I am honored beyond all measure to welcome one so magnificent as yourself to Chaldea."

"You don't have to suck up to me," the mini-Gilgamesh says, looking ever-so-slightly disappointed. "I'm not a total jerk like the older mes."

"Oh, thank God," I say, sighing with relief. "Well, then, Prince Gilgamesh, it is my pleasure to welcome you to Chaldea. If it's not too much of a bother, we'd love it if you could help out around the observatory. We're always understaffed, and your help would be welcome."

"Glad to help!" he says cheerfully. "Dr. Roman's office, right?"

"Yes."

And so he leaves, leaving me profoundly grateful that we didn't get an older version. Overwhelming power or not, that would just be a nightmare.

---​

"Servant Saber, True Name Bedivere," the silver-armed knight says crisply. "It would seem that fate has chosen me to assist you."

"And I can hardly fault that choice," I say with a grin. I actually liked Bedivere, after all. "We're glad to-"

"I wouldn't wish to waste your time," Bedivere says, all apologetic politeness. "If it's not too much of a bother, I would prefer to go to the Acting Director's office, so that I may be best integrated into Chaldea. Is that permissible to you?"

"Well, yes."

And with that said, he's off, leaving me utterly confused as to what I did to deserve the cold shoulder.

---​

"Servant Ruler, True Name Sherlock Holmes," the dapper detective says, professional and dashing as can be. I think Mash is hyperventilating as she looks at him. "I suppose that I'll take your case."

"It's an honor to have you with us, Mr. Holmes," I say, and I really do mean it. Looking at his stats, it's readily evident that, even if he's only a detective and investigator, his incredible deductive skills effectively make him a budget version of Fionn. And I've never been more effective in destroying humanity's enemies than when Fionn Mac Cumhaill was on my side.

"I suppose so." He takes a puff on his pipe. "May I ask where I am to be quartered?"

"I can't step away from the summoning, I'm afraid, but I'm sure that my assistant here, Mash Kyrielight, would be happy to show you around Chaldea."

"Senpai!" she squawks, looking simultaneously enthused and mortified. "I can't-"

"She's just being self-deprecating. She's more than up to the task."

"Very well then," Holmes says with a nod of acknowledgement as he makes for the door. "Miss Kyrielight? Are you coming?"

"Um, yes!" she gives me a half-glare as she make her way after her personal hero.

And now nobody can say I never did anything nice for her. "Alright, Marjani, fire it up!"

The circles spin and the light flares, revealing-

"Ooh. Hydra blood dagger! Score!"

13. EVA-Saiyajin

Hypocrital self-righteous prick.
    ...huh.

14. Me. Joka-r

Me. Joka-r Professional Procrastinator

Aren't most of them like that?

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The guy did have to do some things that he seriously regrets to stop the tyrannical reign of someone he once greatly respected.

He seriously regrets how everything turned out and may not want to spend time around the guy that killed someone he cared about, even if it was necessary and he helped.

He's not exactly thinking all that rationally now, but at least he's being cooperative with them.

That was just a shit show that was going to have a lot of bad endings, and he may not want to think about it.

The fact is that most people would act like him after everything that happened.

Romani is a doctor and takes his duty seriously.

He's just lost a coworker and is trying to compensate for it by keeping others alive, even if it isn't the most practical thing to do.

Most of the people, both human and Servant, aren't the extreme pragmatist Charlie is.

Letting all those people die may also be a greatly demoralising act to the rest of the crew.

16. Potates

Potates Degenerate Spud

True, it also sends the message that if you're hurt too much, Flynn will let you die instead of spending resources to help you. After all, to the rest of Chaldea, the A Team is best of the best, the cream of the crop. If Flynn is willing to let them die to save electricity, what is everyone not named Romani really worth in comparison? That'd destroy morale which is abso-fucking-lutely important.

17. guisniperman

guisniperman Pregnancy Fetishist

...What did he do with all the OTHER ones that he's so happy to get this one?
    Also I think Bedi was a bit mad about putting Lartoria's head on a pike without making sure she was actually dead.

18. HelloThereItsMeGeralt

HelloThereItsMeGeralt Know what you're doing yet?

Fuck the lostbelts could have been butterflied away....

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

There is no such thing as too much dakka, or Hydra blood dagger in this case.

20. Drake D Zero

Drake D Zero The one with nothing better to do

please tell me he is gonna call him up for this in the future, although Romani will be gone by then.

21. Deep_Blue

Deep_Blue “There Is No Strength In Flesh, Only Weakness”

Slow down a little, there is no race and, it feels like you are rushing. With the rushing the writing feels like it’s not as good.

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

In fairness Romani has no real way of knowing how his decision will turn out.

Yeah he would most likely regret it, but he can justify it by saying that he honestly didn't know about it.

It would be like blaming a guy for the murder of another guy just because he saved the life of the murderer without knowing who he was or what his intentions were.

23. Drake D Zero

Drake D Zero The one with nothing better to do

I agree, until this point everyone, even us, never expected that the other masters were somehow relevant and what was gonna be their role. I am just saying it for comedic effect if anything seeing Flynn doesn't hold back with what he says

24. guisniperman

guisniperman Pregnancy Fetishist

I think we're going to have a Old Man Hassan interrupt before Romani try to do his selfless sacrifice so he might live to get "I told you so!!!"

25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No I don't think he knew about that whole Lostbelt thing.

As far as he knows he just saved the lives of a bunch of innocent people.

26. Charles Flynn

True. The Crypters were in fact the best of the best. Of course, Roman knows they're beyond saving at this point, but he's still holding out hope that his injured comrades can be saved.

Flynn, on the other hand, is considerably less optimistic on whether the Crypters can be saved, seeing their cryofreeze as being less "preserve them so we can save them later" and more "let's put off having to admit that they're 100% dead for as long as humanly possible." Wodime's spine is currently in his digestive tract, and that's actually his least severe injury. Nothing short of a miracle from on high can put them back together again, and Flynn has absolutely zero interest in wasting Chaldea's time and resources on a fundamentally pointless endeavor.

27. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

So out of curiosity, the guy who killed himself, what happened? What lead up to him deciding to pull the plug early rather than just wait till Solomon won? I mean, is being around Charlie really that demoralizing?

28. Charles Flynn

No, but it didn't help that he'd run out of his anti-depressants two months prior. Coupled with the revelation that they missed a whole Singularity, and his growing, paranoid fear that Charlie was turning Chaldea into a police state, he reached the point where... well...

You know the rest.

29. EVA-Saiyajin

I don't disagree. There's lots of fascinating character interactions that could be going on.

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Seeing how some of the staff and Servants are interacting would be interesting.

Like how Cu is dealing with that pregnant woman who may be carrying his child, how they're dealing with Santa Vlad, maybe some of the staff debating the merits of communism with Spartacus etc.