1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Safe For Work Worm Ideas thread

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by Prince Charon, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Blackenedthorn

Blackenedthorn Too many ideas, so little time

I've held on to this one idea for a while, it's yet another crossover between Worm and Kantai Collection but instead of the usual "[Insert Character] is a shipgirl" it is Taylor as an Admiral. Taylor's powers take the form of her being able to summon the shipgirls of her fleet, having a pocket dimension for her shipgirls to reside in when not summoned by Taylor, and her first showgirl whom is also her secretary ship happens to by Monty aka U.S.S. Montana the leadship of the last battleship class designed by the United States Navy.

Taylor's Miscellaneous Powers
    • Every passing day since Monty rescued her from the locker, anywhere between one to three shipgirls manifest in her pocket dimension. Starting with older Predreadnoughts and similarly old vessels before going up from there.
    • If Taylor enters her pocket dimension, time outside the dimension slows to a rate of one day inside equaling one hour outside, with the added bonus of the mess hall containing replication of all food eaten by Taylor since gaining her powers. She can also take food from her pocket dimension and bring to the Real world unchanged.
    • Taylor can summon any firearms or equipment that would have been on board the shipgirls while they were in operation, she still has to undergo training to learn how to properly use them though.
    • Shipgirls cannot be mastered, attempts to master shipgirls will result in immediate retaliation.
    Through a miscommunication and while being observed by the Protectorate, Monty contacts Taylor under the alias 'Admiral T' however the Protectorate hear Monty call her 'Admiralty' and that ultimately becomes her cape name. Monty is an inexperienced Battleshipgirl who wants to like up to the legacy of the Iowa sisters and earlier Battleshipgirls, so she generally acts very headstrong and slowly develops a crush on her Admiral.

2. Kolejny dzień

Kolejny dzień Another Day

There’s a man. With sad eyes and a tiny smile.

and it feels like, maybe, it’s just for her.

But she does not want that smile, does not want those eyes.

And for all that she wishes some days he would talk to her and she could maybe fall in love with him…

She does not want to know a man who seems to know her. Her, that is still a fifteen year old girl, who is also a super villain. A sixteen year old girl who is also a warlord or a hollow eyed hero, The her, who became a monster to save everyone she loved and everyone else too.

Taylor Hebert looks at that sad bespectacled man and flinches from the truth in his eyes.

She does not want to know this man who can empathize.

Because when He talks to her for the first time and she feels the sound of his voice shivering through every nerve in her body.

She knows.

He’s just like her.

A monster people needed.

Who wouldn’t let himself run away.

A murderer, usurper, butcher, genocide, tyrant and savior…

An Oncoming Storm.

“Please don’t make me do it!” She begs. She’s so close to tears and she hates herself for it a little. Once upon a time she would have acted without revealing herself. Once upon a time was nearly a decade ago and a decade is not nearly long enough to find herself prepared to kill again.

The first man, the man with the tiny smile, is bound. He’s the man she’s seen in passing since she appeared on this world. Nineteen and exhausted, barely alive in her father’s arms. He smiles at her, seemingly unconcerned by the gun to his head, nor the one she is holding on the two well dressed men behind him.

Nodding to the small tinker device he certainly seems to have anticipated having thrown out of his hands. He shrugs. Subtly enough she only barely catches it. Almost like he’s saying

‘Give that here, yeah.’

“You should just come with us Miss Hebert.”

“It would be much quicker and far more painless that way.”

“If you do not, there is always your father.”

“Or, The Boy.”

“Yes. The Boy.”

That they know about Alec shocks a hitching sob out of her

The man standing with his wrists and elbows tied. Flinches. Like he’s just seen a bad call made by a general on the field.

His eyes flicker for a moment. Compassionate. Granite Hard. Kind and Calculating.

The well dressed man behind him pushes him forward and down with a growled,

“No moving!”

Taylor flicks the device into his hands with the toe of her slipper. Disguising her own movement as a lurch to keep them in her line of sight.

Her finger has only just begun to depress the trigger when an oddly oscillated buzzing causes not just her own, but the two well dressed men’s weapons as well, to disassemble in their hands. The short concrete tunnel echoing with the clanking of falling steel and tinkling of bouncing brass.

He whirls around on them. Face open and cheerful and bright. But his eyes shadowed and fathomless and old. With another oscillating buzz the well dressed men are none to gently locked rigid and fall like planks of wood.

“Now then, now then, now then. What ever shall I do with you two, I can’t very well let you go, but I did just go to the trouble of saving at least one of you from a fairly terrible death. So that’d be a bit redundant… Ah… I know just the lady. Friend of mine. British armed forces. Sweet girl. Knew her uncle. But I digress.”

Something screams at her when he turns around again. Something deep and primal and altogether terrified.

In a moment, she finds herself lifting the disassembled pistol grip in her hand, as though to fire at him.

“Miss Hebert?” He enquires softly of her. “Miss Hebert, I assure you, I mean you and your son and your father no harm. Do you think you might find it in yourself to stand down for me? Just a deep breath, it’s over, you can step back. It’s not too late. See? The situation’s been contained. I’m happy. These two hooligans are well restrained. Everyone is relatively safe and no one had to die! Honestly I think that makes it a good day! Good days mean ice cream don’t they? I think they ought to anyway. Would you like some ice cream? I’ll buy!”

It’s only as she hears the clatter of the pistol grip on the concrete that she realizes she started trying to wipe her eyes with the sleeve of her sweater.

“W-Who are you?”

“Ah, yes. Well I suppose introductions are in order. I am called The Doctor.”

3. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Well, she may not have wanted that, but perhaps she needed it.

Death by Chains and Ajlove like this.
  4. Blackenedthorn

• Couple other Ideas of mine, this time a Crossover with the Hundam Multiverse where Taylor becomes an MS Girl with the ability to mix and match mobile suit parts ala Gunpla style.
    • All weapons used by the mobile suits are downscale significantly, for example a GM's 90mm Bullpup Machinegun would be downscaled to a 9mm Bullpup SMG or the 76mm Beam Rifle of the Cosmic Era would be downscaled to a 7.6mm Beam Rifle.
    • When clad in her MS Girl Armor she has all the defensive capabilities of the mobile suits whose parts she is using.
    • However when donning distinctive MS Armor which was piloted by a distict pilot said pilot would begin to imprint themselves upon Taylor and remain part of her psyche even after dispelling the armor.
    • While she is known to the Protectorate, Taylor is sandbagging hard by resorting to only using melee combat oriented MS Armor and weapons, this combined with assumptions has her listed as a Tinker by mistake.
    • Debuts the same date in canon but does so while fighting Oni Lee instead of Lung, Armsmaster manages to successfully tranquilize Lung and also steals the credit from Taylor defeating Oni Lee.
    • Taylor stops Sandbagging during the fight against Leviathan really cuts loose with everything in her arsenal, undergoes a second trigger during the fight and gain the ability to make her weaponry hit as though they were their full sized variants.

This Next Idea is one where it has a main pairing already figured out, Alt!Taylor × Circus.
    • Taylor's power manifests as the ability to descend into a side dimension parallel to Earth Bet in which she can use to travel unseen by entering her side reality at one location and exiting at another.
    • Taylor can also use a separate side dimension as a storage space, in this space she can store anything in there and it would remain exactly the same as when it entered. For example if she were to store a fresh from the oven pizza in this side dimension, the pizza would remain in the exact same state it was when it entered no matter how long ago it was but this excluding anything currently living.
    • In her primary side dimension; Taylor can pass through anything in her path, she can listen to people in Earth Bet albeit they would be muffled to anyone listening, Taylir is the only one capable of creating portals in and out of her primary side dimension.
    • Taylor saves Circus after Circus runs afoul of Oni Lee not long after they refuse Coil's offer of employment.
    • Circus is Gender Fluid in nature and answers to the name Jaime, Taylor is attracted to Jaime regardless of their gender.
    • Danny is in the know about his daughter being a cape.

And my third idea, a crossover with MHA where Lung/Kenta wakes up in Mustafa as a kid and encounters Midoriya Izuku. Izuku, upon learning that Kenta was more or less homeless, invites Kenta to a sleepover and there begins Kenta's new journey in a world of heroes.
    • Kenta basically replaces Bakugo Katsuki as Izuku's best friend and unlike Katsuki, Kenta has no issue with Izuku's quirkiness.
    • Between the two, with Kenta's knowledge from his previous life combined with Izuku's analytical mind, they've worked out profiles for all possible scenarios in the future.
    • Katsuki hates Kenta's guts, meanwhile Kenta finds Katsuki to be an annoyance and treats him as such.
    • Izuku tells Kenta about offer to inherit All Might's Quirk and Kenta offers yo help Izuku train with All Might.
    • Izuku and All Might are the only ones prior to the Exam, who know what Kenta's 'quirk' is and it's escalation clause.
    A Worm Crossover where Kenta/Lung is the only Worm character of the fic

macdjord and Ajlove like this.
  5. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

You know, Kenta going "Fuck it" and entering UA would be hilarious.

Lung would be a hilarious counter to both Bad-Touch-Lad and Nomu.

One because he regenerates ridiculously fast, and the other because he just keeps ramping up and there's nothing Nomu has that can down him fast enough to do fuck all. Esp in a target rich environment where he'd be going full rage dragon in seconds... by the time All Might Arrives he'd probably look something like this:

[​IMG]

6. DuskAtDawn

DuskAtDawn Of the Thousand Faces

My brain goes to strange places when I'm bored. Thus, an idea for a Worm/Clifford the Big Red Dog crossover, Let Slip the Dogs of Friendship!

Shortly after Annette's death, concerned for his health and his daughter, Alan suggests to Danny that maybe it would be a good idea to get a pet of some sort. If only to distract the two of them from their shared misery, though he doesn't quite put it that way. Initially, Danny doesn't want to - he's in no condition to take care of an animal, but Emma and Taylor overheard Alan saying it, and together manage to convince him it's a good idea. Lots of "I'll take good care of it, you won't have to do anything!" and that sort of thing.

So, Danny and Taylor go to a shelter, and pick up a tiny red dog, one that's an outcast for being by far the runt of the litter.

He doesn't stay that way. Years pass, and Clifford grows ever bigger. Taylor does, indeed, take the majority of responsibility for taking care of her dog, walkies and such. At some point, she realizes Clifford's grown big enough that she's not walking him as much as he's walking her, and she starts riding him around town in the mornings.

Of course, there's concerns when a dog the size of a bus is wandering around town, but it's not like him or Taylor have anything to hide - She's not a parahuman, after all, Clifford is just like that. And for all that he's a lovable friendly giant ball of fur, that doesn't make him harmless - the few times that someone has tried to start something with Taylor, they're confronted with the face of a multi-ton animal several dozen times their size and promptly fuck off.

Longer-term, Clifford becomes Taylor's regular ride to school, and once people realize he's careful not to do too much damage to their stuff he becomes a community figure in her little corner of town.

Definitely still need to workshop this - it doesn't really fit in too well with the shithole that BB is in general, or the gangs. And it'd be Taylor/Bitch, so I need to figure out how to work that in.

7. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Have you read the story of Mazel the Wolfdog?

8. DuskAtDawn

DuskAtDawn Of the Thousand Faces

I have now. That is great.

9. Blackenedthorn

This idea is a Crossover with the Series Bungou Stray Dogs in which Taylor has the various characters from the series in her head, she can use the abilities possessed by those characters and can allow for her body to be puppeted by a character in order to get the most of their abilities. Between the time of gaining her power and her debut against Lung in Canon, the cast from which she gains her abilities has influenced her personality a fair bit.

Came up with this idea partially due to the disparity of Crossovers with BSD and because I honestly think their respective abilities combined with Taylor would make a potent combination, plus having Taylor no sell someone's ability with just a touch while either channeling Dazai or having him puppet her body would be worth the reactions of onlookers.

AcridComet and Ajlove like this.
  10. Prince Charon

Vaguely thinking of Taylor, after she triggers, finding out that she's being stalked by an attractive collage student. Annette was the student's favorite professor, and the student has been justifying the stalking as just being worried about Annette's daughter. Of course, said student can't follow her everywhere, he/she has classes, and can't really follow her in school, et cetra, so they may miss the bullying to some degree (and this person is generally shy, and may have become more so after Annette's death). They can't miss that she keeps getting more and more depressed, and doesn't hang out with Emma anymore (said stalker may or may not find out who Shadow Stalker is in the process of trying to find out why).

Currently thinking that the locker incident (or some other horrible thing the bullies do that makes Taylor trigger), and the fact that they didn't know that anything like that was going to happen, and couldn't prevent it, causes the stalker to trigger. Not sure what power, but Taylor now has the option of teaming up with another newly-triggered parahuman, who is crazy about her, and may or may not be crazier than Taylor is.

Ragura, macdjord, Ajlove and 2 others like this.
  11. The Rat

The Rat Experienced.

There's a non Taylor idea that I had a while ago that I'm surprised that no one else had.

Geoffrey Pellick's bad day starts with Ascalon being missing. A card with a stick figure with a halo is the only clue to what happened.
    Mr. Pellick's day goes downhill from that.

DIT_grue, Ajlove and Blackenedthorn like this.
  12. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

I dun' geddit.

Ajlove likes this.
  13. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

It's The Saint.

I'm not surprised that no one else has had it, simply because barely anyone even knows what The Saint is.

14. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Wait, was that the one where the main character was a thief and conman who'd had a really religious upbringing and had the names and stories of every Catholic saint memorized and had a preternatural ability to use them to come up with fake identities on the fly? I think I saw, like, one episode (or possibly movie) of that once.

Ajlove and Prince Charon like this.
  15. The Rat

The Rat Experienced.

SwiftRosenthal is right, it's Simon Templar vs Geoff Pellick.

Prince Charon likes this.
  16. Blackenedthorn

A crackish crossover with Ranma 1/2 where an Alt!Power Taylor Herbert's power to to launch out water attacks but where the water itself has a 25% chance to imbue a random Jusenkyo curse upon those soaked in the water she launches out.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Ajlove likes this.
  17. Prince Charon

Permanent or temporary?

Ajlove likes this.
  18. Blackenedthorn

Temporary, as in anywhere from a three days to a week at most.

Prince Charon and Ajlove like this.
  19. The Rat

The Rat Experienced.

A parahuman wrestling league has an exhibition match at Madison Square Gardens, hosted by the Protectorate, in an attempt to get approval to start having matches in America. One of the stars of the league is a trump/shaker whose shaker abilities allow normal people to do superhuman feats and a field that prevents serious injuries. The trump part comes from the fact that his shaker field is semi-contagious, anyone wearing a mask that is around him for any length of time will get a copy of his shaker abilities and a noticeable boost to their powers.
    All of his powers are connected to masks, so he embraces the mythology of the masked wrestler.
    Of course the league does not advertise all of his powers, he's a huge grab-bag cape. One of his powers is a thinker power tide to anyone who wears a mask similar to the traditional luchador style of mask. He can also either teleport to or send a projection of himself to anyone wearing that type of mask.
    It turns out that Taylor's Skitter mask is close enough to count and the first time she tries it on, she is in range of his thinker power all the way from New York.
    So Taylor gets an unexpected mentor to start her hero career.
    She not only learns theatrical tricks she can use with her bugs, but during her fight with Lung, she'll definitely end it with a suplex.

20. Prince Charon

A fairly scary Stranger power to link with a human-affecting Master power: No-one believes that the cape is a Master (including the victims), and may not believe that the victims have been Mastered. Pretty much any human-affecting Master power gets much scarier with this added. My original thought was to add this to a Taylor with a human-affecting Master power, but she's not the only option. It would tend to make her less reluctant to use the power, though.

21. sunspark

sunspark Experienced.

Is it more or less scary if it affects the Master?

22. Prince Charon

... that is a very good question. I think it could go either way, depending on where the writer takes it.

macdjord and Ajlove like this.
  23. The Rat

The Rat Experienced.

The card game
    Taylor sat looking at the card in her hand. The last thing she remembered was the abandoned Earth and Contessa. And now she was seated at a massive table with an equally massive card game in progress.

"Khepri you gonna stare at that card or take your turn?"

She looked up at the question. The four closest players were a demon, a devil, an angel that resembled the Simurgh too much for Taylor's piece of mind, and a sentient shade of the colour blue.

"Lay off her," the demon snarked, "Ta-Khepri was probably distracted by something in the mortal world while waiting for you to finish your turn Blue."

"You okay T- Khepri?" the devil girl asked.

"Yeah." Taylor nodded, "I thinking..." She had achieved her win condition and her Web of Intrigue was almost revealed. She could burn the card and reveal her completed work and end the game.

But, she was certain that no one else had attained their win condition and that no one else's win condition would threaten hers.

Taylor glanced at the angel, instinctively knowing what her reaction to her probable move would be.

Taylor played the card. Not as planned. Ever copy of Just as planned was removed from the game. Every player with the card in play either hidden or revealed had to remove all copies of any contingencies that they owned from the game.

Everyone but the player that played the card had to destroy their Web of Intrigue and then shuffle their destruction deck into their resource deck. Then everyone would draw to their maximum hand size. She had to burn a contingency to activate it. She sent Against the Perfect Path to the destruction deck.

There went my Omniscient Narrator for now. I'm just glad I don't run Just as Planned.

Blue looked thoughtful, "Interesting, but your web is almost fully revealed. What purpose is there in this move?"

The angel interrupted, "I'm burning my precognition and playing It's a Secret to Everyone as a flash effect targeting Khepri <Taylor>"

Taylor smiled as she turned over her plan/plot and contingency cards and separated them. She then drew an equal number of each and shuffled the plan/plot cards and the contingency cards before drawing a number equal to the contents of her original web.

She then distributed the cards still face down into a new web without looking at the cards herself. She felt confident that her win condition was unthreatened.

"You know it's not against the rules to look at your cards and arrange your web right?" the demon asked.

Taylor smiled at her and answered, "This will be more interesting?"

And the game continued...

I had a weird dream last night. This was part of it.

I was one of the players in it. This was what I could remember of the part that related to Worm.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Lethality, macdjord, Muroshi9 and 9 others like this.
  24. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Go back to bed; I want to hear the rest of it.

ParaDXThrowaway and Ajlove like this.
  25. Prince Charon

Had a vague thought about Marquis having a son (Armand, maybe?), but then it occurred to me that there's no way in hell Carol would be willing to adopt him, so he'd end up being the third Pelham child, and might be in a better headspace than poor Amy. I suspect he'd still get a crush on Vickie, but since they're raised as cousins, he isn't likely to feel as guilty about it. Also vaguely thinking about Taylor having a crush on him, for some reason.

Thoughts?

Ajlove and Ragura like this.
  26. Ragura

Ragura Versed in the lewd.

The name reminds me of armor. Maybe self-biokinesis?

27. Sydonai

Sydonai Versed in the lewd.

So he has Prototype-esque powers?

Ragura likes this.
  28. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Knowing Carol she'd have him shipped off to CPS and watch him like a hawk until he became a villain.

Chojomeka likes this.
  29. Chojomeka

Chojomeka Sexy and I know it

Could always go with Marquis having more than just Amy as his kid, say he had an older son living away from Brockton Bay 'cause it's a shithole city and said son later learns of his father's capture, arrest, and sentencing to the Birdcage, leading to him vowing revenge/vendetta against the Brockton Bay Brigade/New Wave. Whether he triggers or not would be up to the writer.

30. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

I have an old outline where Browbeat is Amy's older half-brother (and Taylor is her younger half-sister on the other side). Marquis intended him to become his heir, but he was too much of a softie for the role. He isn't around in the present day because Amy accidentally turned him into an immobile and insensate face on the wall shortly after she triggered, and never worked up the courage to try to turn him back.

Ragura, ParaDXThrowaway and Ajlove like this.