1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

AMV Theater

Discussion in 'General' started by Guile, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

This batch is kind of all over the place. They all have some aspect of their construction that I'm in love with though, even if it's just the color palette.

For the Glory
    Overlord AMV. I feel like Overlord's initial success (before all the bad 3d) hung on the villain protagonists' incredible badassitude. Basically, a hard rock song like this was always playing in my head while I watched (the first season of) Overlord, so putting it to an AMV just makes sense to me.

Digital World
    Fate/Grand Order AMV. Some AMVs try to tell a story, or explore a theme. This one... lots of people are fighting or something, I'unno. But the Fate Grand Order trailers have some excellent animation, so just crank that up to 11 and set it to a pulse-pounding track and you get something that's pretty neat anyway.

Kyber Soul
    Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures (?) AMV. I dunno what this source material is. The scene transitions are amazing, though.

So Far Away
    Medley AMV. Sometimes, you feel like the creator was definitely trying to tell a story, but you have no idea what it is? I love the colors, though.

boredbird likes this.
  2. Metraxa

Metraxa Well worn.

Galaxy of Adventurers would be correct

3. Guile

Then I gotta know, are the scene transitions like that in the original?

Somebody out there really knows their craft, and I'm not sure if it's the artist or the AMV editor.

4. Metraxa

Metraxa Well worn.

Some of them are, some of them aren't. Galaxy of Adventures is a bunch of different videos, so the creator will have had to do some of their own legwork to bridge the gaps.

5. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

6. Guile

I love that they chibified Bell's face and stuck it on the Hellenistic Greek amphoras and made a gold statue of him and stuff. They put the work in, holy shit.

Got another batch with no particular theme or order:

Stupid
    Konosuba AMV. This one does a good job showcasing Konosuba's excellent animation chops used in service of stupid humor. Plus, uses bits from the Konosuba movie, which I loved to pieces.

Muninn
    Vinland Saga AMV. I don't really know what the hell the point of this AMV is, but I'm confident it's trying to make one. The music has a hypnotic, droning quality, like a meditation.

Body of Water
    Kaiju no Komodo AMV. Basically a love song to water animation, set to a light pop song that floats.

Dragon Size
    Kobayashi's Dragon Maid AMV. Frantic action from start to finish, whether that's Kanna and Tohru breaking in a new bed or breaking the sound barrier during a dodgeball game between dragons. Syncing Lucoa's gainax tit bouncing to the music was surprisingly... elegant? Good culture.

boredbird, GeshronTyler and kinglugia like this.
  7. Guile

Clean AMV
    A homage to women in horror movies, both victim and monster. Pretty neat.

Hands Up
    AMV Medley. Spends a lot of time on hands and feet. Does some interesting scene transitions that are hard to describe, but you'll know it when you see it.

Quetzalcoatl
    Fate/Grand Order AMV. I generally skip AMVs that use video with subtitles; I kind of consider it one of the cardinal sins of AMVs. But the song is fun and appropriate, and Quetzalcoatl in motion is a pleasure to watch, so...

Life's a Bitch (And Then You Die)
    Zombieland Saga AMV. Great lip synching, song is hella appropriate, and it's only like a minute long so it doesn't overstay its welcome.

8. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

Been a while since I watched this, but it's one I remember and I just found this thread.

9. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Not sure if this counts as an AMV or original work.. but its adorable...

10. Kakanma

Kakanma Know what you're doing yet?

pepperjack likes this.
  11. Guile

I think I need to watch El Hazard and Getter Robot now. The animation on display is super fun.

12. Guile

Messed Up and Ignite
    Fire Force AMVs. This show has got some of the neatest screen wipes, the coolest sakuga moments and absolutely the best fire effects of any anime out there. Also there was music and stuff.

Soldiers
    Medley AMV. The action in this one is also good, but what really stands out is the way it builds intensity.

Whatever It Takes
    Medley AMV. I love sound foley and you should too: the AMV. Not quite as razor-sharp sfx as, say, the Hands Up AMV, but close.

Animal
    Medley AMV. A QQ-worthy AMV, I think. I'm not generally a big fan of AMVs with text crawls, but these at least are unobtrusive and worked into the background.

13. Kakanma

Kakanma Know what you're doing yet?

Ah Getter Robo, the series that gave us memorable adversaries like cyborg dinosaurs, alien demons, hyper-evolved plants, crimes against God and nature, and of course time travelling alien cyborg demons.

And Shin Getter Robo: Armageddon gave us one of the most epic openings ever. That goes with (almost) every shonen ever, observe.

Crayon Shin Chan, GaoGaiGar FINAL, Gurren Lagann, Godzilla, and so much Dragon Ball.

14. Keldin

Keldin Well worn.

Hot damn that is a lot of "Video is unavailable".

Anyways, an AMV thread with seven pages, five years and its only been mentioned once? I am disappoint son.

Now all yall best recognize, the one, the only, the true king high on top of his castle, looking down on all these pretenders to the throne, presenting:

Started back in '04, back when 4chan was a mere newborn babe, when Encyclopedia Dramatica hadn't even been created, when "meme" wasn't even used in reference to internet sensations and were basically just popular in-jokes on Something Awful, AMV Hell is part of the back upon which modern internet culture was founded and created.

Sadly Youtube's constantly changing and progressively more BS copyright claims have wiped out a number of them over the years but they're all archived for download and personal viewing pleasure via amvhell.com.

Well all of them aside from AMV Hell 0 and AMV Hell 0/.

we don't talk about them

Guile likes this.
  15. Guile

Hey, this thing exists! Have more AMVs.

Dreamland
    Fate (FGO and movies I think) AMV
    Champagne dance party is what Fate is all about, as a property, right? Where did they even find that footage, seriously

Impacts
    Genshin Impact AMV
    The song has nothing to do with the footage, far as I can tell, but it's catchy and that scene transition between Ganyu and Zhongli was godly.

Flash in the Pan
    Lovely Angels AMV
    I miss 80s anime, sometimes. The Lovely Angels have good Coqwboy Bebop energy; of being constantly in the red, skin-tight escapes and having a great time anyway.

Youth in Motion
    Place Further Than The Universe AMV
    Perfectly captures the joy of my favorite Girls Doing Things anime.

GeshronTyler likes this.
  16. Guile

Welcome to the Show
    RE:Zero AMV
    This AMV seems to be designed to remind people that RE:Zero isn't just a dark psychological drama or about punching Subaru in the face forever; it's also a pretty damn good action anime.

Alive
    Mushoku Tensei AMV
    If there's one thing Mushoku Tensei does well, it's take joy in its own world. I am also the world's biggest sucker for sliding some sfx or one poignant line into an AMV.

Fairytail
    Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu AMV
    The absolute best possible song for this show. Every second of this AMV is promoting Irina and to a lesser extent Lev as the most adorable person on the planet.

Dance Monkey
    Medley AMV
    An energetic ode to dance in anime, plus it is definitely going to get me to watch Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul. That arm-wrestling competition looks like it had pin-point comedic timing and both of the young people's character designs are on point.

GeshronTyler likes this.
  17. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

P.A.R.T.Y
    A Kamen Rider MAD/AMV that celebrates the series' 50th anniversary.

Super Hero Getter

A Super Sentai MAD/AMV that celebrates the series' 45th anniversary. Song is from a Gokaiger Movie, so it mainly features the Gokaigers.

Tokusatsu 45th X 50th X 55th
    A MAD/AMV that celebrates the anniversaries of Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, and Ultraman.

Guile likes this.
  18. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

... What do you mean, "Re:Zero isn't an anime where its MC gets punched in the face forever"!?

19. Guile

Well, it's not... just that!

Subaru spends at least 50% of screentime un-murdered!

Trying to find a RE:Zero AMV without his bloody death is basically impossible though. Even this one only gets through on a technicality (that time he froze to death wasn't very bloody):

Braver - Luck Life

Or this one:

(Fake) RE:Zero Season Two Trailer

But it kind of feels like a happy lie What If scenario, so...