1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

All I can say on glancing Disgaea 6, is well....

Oh my baal of a lord. We're going Dragon Ball Super in Level Grinding now, aren't we?

2. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

I imagine the super reincarnation thing is part of the number embiggening so we'll have to see how that impacts the gameplay this time. Hopefully, they won't be stupid about this and it equals about the same time investment as the others or it's gonna be a real bitch of grind.

3. StreamingViking

StreamingViking Man from the Nordic

Except they aren't doing that.

4. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

Big bit of news today on the Night City Wire stream. CD Project Red has revealed the PC system requirements for Cyberpunk 2077. And, it is surprisingly within the realm of mere mortals:

Cyberpunk 2077 minimum system requirements

• DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-3570k or AMD FX-8310
    • Memory: 8GB
    • Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 780 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 470
    • Storage: 70 GB HDD (SSD recommended)
    Cyberpunk 2077 recommended system requirements

• DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
    • Memory: 12GB
    • Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
    • Storage: 70 GB SSD
    Yeah, this can be considered the 1080p/60hz recommendation sans any Ray Tracing, but it is a good sign that you may not need to plunk down too much on any upgrades.

5. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Nice, my cyberdong won't cost my other two legs.

Derek58 likes this.
  6. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

My pos Windows laptop might be able to run it... Maybe. I got it second/third hand four or five years ago, can barely run Dead Space 3 at times.

7. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

This is two-is days after my last post.

Finally broke down and got a Nintendo Switch, what games would you guys recommend? I bought it with LoZ Breath of the Wild + Awakening and I have Darkest Dungeon + Terraria on Steam.

8. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

Odyssey is the 3D collectathon Mario that should have been made in response to Banjo-Tooie. I've wanted something like it for over 15 years and it delivered.

Smash Ultimate... is still Smash. My last Smash was Melee (still have the disc) and I didn't have any trouble getting back in. "Ultimate" is not without reason - the character roster is "literally everyone+" and the only stages missing either have modern versions that made it instead (Flat Zone -> Flat Zone X) or always sucked anyway (Icicle Mountain, Poké Floats). Adventure and the other single-player modes are actually good, too.

I'm watching a LP of the new Paper Mario and it looks really fun, though I'm holding out for a PM64/TTYD/SPM equivalent to 3D All-Stars. (I skipped the Wii, so I'm getting it even though I learned its version of SM64 is a port of the original and not the DS version. It'll be my first chance to play Galaxy.)

I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 last year and haven't gotten particularly far in it. The stream of the XC1 re-release I've been watching loves XC1 and shits all over XC2 because the latter's designs are "too anime-fanservice-y." I can understand where they're coming from, but a) don't threaten me with a good time and b) the amount of fanart that XC2's waifus have spawned speaks for itself.

9. The-Lewd-Dude

The-Lewd-Dude Experienced.

Katana zero is a fast paced amazing slash them up that oozes style, when you get into the groove you will feel like a fricking badass
    Hades while I've only played on pc so i dont know about the quality of the switch port is a fucking fantastic rouge like and absolutely gorgeous. Plus dude is best girl fricking fight me.
    Hollow knight is a similarly gorgeous metroidvaina.
    Note that all these games can and will kick your ass unless you get gud

Velk likes this.
  10. SwiftRosenthal

There are really three different questions here:

Which games are exclusive to the Switch (and worth buying)?
    Switch exclusives (Wikipedia)
    Which games from older Nintendo systems have been remade for the Switch (and are worth buying instead of playing the older ones)?
    Games remade for Switch
    Which cross-platform games are better on the Switch than other systems (or simply aren't on $OTHER SYSTEM YOU OWN$)?

I have the Switch version of Trials of Mana, but I like seeing my Steam achievements number go up and probably should've gotten it on PC instead.

11. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Have it, have all but one(?) achievement on steam.

In the middle of it, I need to get back to it tbh.

And the answers that I found, in addition to the ones I already planed to get once I have the cash, are: Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Xenoblade 2 + DLC, SMT 3: Nocturne Remastered (I'm a sucker for SMT + Persona), Resident Evil 6 + maybe 5, Bayonetta 1 + 2 and Doom [2016] + Doom Eternal is my current wishlist.

12. Melmar

If you're into that sort of game then there's also Astral Chain.

Bacon_commando, Anonnermus and Velk like this.
  13. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Never actually played that sort of game, or at least not anything that sticks out in my memory.

14. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

If you discover yourself to like those kind of games after trying Bayonetta, then I'd definitely recommend Astral Chain. It's fucking great.

15. Maragas

Maragas Versed in the lewd.

*sighs
    Gonna have to buy a switch.

16. Melmar

I imagine that's only temporary. It'll probably end up on PC eventually as well.

Edit: If it's even an exclusive at all and it wasn't just a misunderstanding since it's also on PS4 and PC in Japan.

Edit 2: Checked the official site and apparently it is just the Switch for now.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  17. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

The emulator is pretty good, ditto for the 3ds one.

18. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

Just had a bit of major industry news hit:

Microsoft has just purchased ZeniMax Media, the parent company of Bethesda Software, and all of its affiliates and IPs. This includes The Elder Scrolls, DOOM, Fallout, Dishonored and other series.

From the sounds of it, I doubt any Sony or Nintendo bound games like Deathloop or the Switch port of DOOM Eternal will be impacted. Much like how Obsidian is still releasing games like The Outer Worlds and Avowed on a multi-platform basis.

Though considering that the acquisition was at the tune of $7.5 billion, I would not be surprised to see them leverage some exclusively on top of more promotion of Gamepass as Bethesda games will likely become launch day titles on the service.

19. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

What was not named here yet...

Octopath Traveller is great and there's a demo on Switch if you wanna try it out.

There's Fire Emblem Three Houses for a strategy RPG games, obviously, but you probably did not miss the name.

Hyrule Warriors Complete Edition good if you like the genre.

Some others games may come to my mind later.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  20. Hunter 1

Hunter 1 Know what you're doing yet?

Don't ask me for a link (because there's too many options), but this has absolutely been confirmed: All future Bethesda titles are heading straight to Game Pass; the only waiting will be for release day(s).

21. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

Do not get Bloodstained. It’s a great game, don’t get me wrong, but the Switch version crashed on me a dozen times before I beat it. Play it on the computer. I’m not sure I’d recommend playing anything you can play elsewhere on the Switch, to be honest. Of course, if you can’t, then Celeste and The Messenger are high recommendations.

Also, if you have a friend who wants to play games with you, Unravel 2 is lovely. There’s some stages where the co-op mode is detrimental, but most of the time it makes things a lot more fun. Luigi’s Mansion 3 is also good for co-op.
    The day they manage to combine Odyssey and BotW is the day I will die in my chair, system still in my bony hands.

searcher8 likes this.
  22. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

For Switch recommendations, if you like Xenoblade and other JRPGs, I do suggest grabbing Dragon Quest XI S. It's a great JRPG and besides looking good has several extras including a 2D mode and additional story content to boot.

As for indi titles, I've played several great rouge-likes including Dead Cells, Enter the Gungeon and its sequel Exit the Gungeon. All three are great on the go and you will get your money's worth out of them.

23. SwiftRosenthal

My only disappointment with Odyssey is the relative lack of interconnectivity between worlds (beyond the hint art, the portrait warps, and a few sets of other moons). The way Banjo-Tooie did that was mind-blowing at the time, even if it was a total pain in regular gameplay, 100%, and especially 100% speedrunning.

also I've always been kind of bad at 3D platforming, even in SM64 20 years ago

UnthinkingWisdom likes this.
  24. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

If you're hankering for some OG Paper Mario styled goodness then check out Bug Fables

25. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

Considering that they are two of Bethesda's biggest sellers, MS would be stupid to make the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games exclusives and lose that sweet, sweet PS money.

Like a lot of people, I'm hoping this might mean there is at least a tiny possibility for an NV remake with all the stuff they had to cut.

searcher8 likes this.
  26. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

Exclusives also tend to be more frequent when the console is new, but by the time the next Fallout/Elder Scrolls game is ready, that won't be the case.

searcher8 likes this.
  27. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

If someone had time for exactly one Elder Scrolls game, which one would be recommended?

28. SwiftRosenthal

Skyrim. The lore and aesthetics may be weaker than Morrowind's, but the actual gameplay holds up a lot better and there aren't any leveling traps like what Oblivion infamously had. Just be sure to get the PC version so you can mod the hell out of it.

There are plenty of library mods that add all the in-game books that weren't included in Skyrim, so that issue is completely avoidable.

29. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

Skyrim or Morrowind. Modded the hell and back of course.

Skyrim is a bit easier to mod, newer so it's helluva lot prettier, and has better gameplay. Downsides are weaker lore and shit magic.

Morrowind has better plot and flavor, can run heavily modded on a potato, and has far better magic. Downsides are weaker gameplay, less Quality of Life stuff, and looking like arse.

There was an open source project somewhere to port Morrowind to an open source engine that's less shit alongside giving it a bit of a touch up, but I have no idea if they're anywhere near done.

30. BrokenAscendent

BrokenAscendent Filthy Heretic Moderator

If only there was a modding for dummies guide, especially regarding text size.