1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. TheLastNanaya

TheLastNanaya Experienced.

For 10th anniversary since the first game release, Inti Creates announced Gal Gun Returns, remaster of the first game to be released in 2021 for Xbox, Switch and PC. Both JP and Worldwide version(handled by PQube) are to be released in same year.

The first game was never released in English for PS3 and 360 so this remaster will be the first time for us to be able to experience the original game in remaster form.

If you noticed anything different, yes, no Playstation version.

EDIT: fixed some misinfo.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  2. Hunter 1

Hunter 1 Know what you're doing yet?

Deathsmiles 1&2 is coming to Switch and... PS4 and Xbox One. Included are Deathsmiles (arcade, 1.1, normal), Mega Black Label (arcade, 1.1, normal) & Deathsmiles II (arcade, IIX, arrange).

Given how Sony's been in the past few years, that shouldn't be a surprise. Ask Compile Heart/Idea Factory about what happened with the localization of Mary Skelter 2, or Matrix and D3 how the localization of Omega Labyrinth Z went, or how the dev cycle of Omega Labyrinth Life proceeded.

(If anyone doesn't know and doesn't feel like looking it up, Mary Skelter 2 was denied approval for a localized PS4 version, making IF resort to PC and Switch releases, and MS3 is outright getting an initial release on the Switch as well as PS4. As for Omega Labyrinth... Z remains Japanese-only, and Life is on the PS4 as a severely censored and toned down version named "Labyrinth Life"; ironically, the Switch version of Life is technically inferior to the PS4 version, but is preferred by players due to being as close to uncensored as you can get and still have a commercial release.)

3. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

A shame what is happening to Sony. I like the PS4, but the new censorship policies are stupid. Hopefully they'll stop trying to appeal to soccer moms and pull their heads out of their asses.

4. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

For any of you who are also trying to download Genshin Impact on PC, I have some tricks I've figured out trying to get the dang thing to work.

Unable to Download/Launch the game.
    The game hates VPNs, probably because of something funky going on in China. If you're getting messages about the game being unable to connect to the network and a transparent Launch/Download button, it's because the game is taking issue with your VPN. Switch it off, and the button will appear. You can turn your VPN back on as soon as the download starts.

Slow Download Speeds/Error Connecting to Network.
    You'll probably notice that this game has an atrocious download speed right now, and that you get a bunch of popups about the game being unable to connect to a network if your VPN is on.

The secret to getting around this is to use a VPN to set your location to Hong Kong. You'll notice that you immediately begin to download the game much faster, though still very slow. It's the difference between waiting an hour or so and waiting an entire day though, so it's worth it if you want to install the game.

Setting your location to Hong Kong will also stop the game from flooding you with error popups about connecting to its network. Once your location is set as Hong Kong, exit the game and restart it. You'll have to turn the VPN back off to resume the download, but once you've started you can flip it back on and enjoy those Hong Kong download speeds popup free.

Bacon_commando and Maragas like this.
  5. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

I pulled out of Genshin Impact. At first it was salt speak after some rerolls but after sleeping on it...

Breath of the Wild feature a prettier and better world map to travel on. The combat system, I was already meh on it in GI even before reroll attempts. But then I realized that if I didn't care to play soem DLC characters in games just because of how they are, then the waifus there wouldn't keep me interested either. If I wanted to play for waifus alone, I would play Azur Lane.

As it is, for world map like that, I have BotW. And a online MMO with better combat gameplay, I have PSO2 for that.

6. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Such a disappointment reading about all the failures in Genshin Impact. The early trailers actually hade me pretty interested

7. Maragas

Maragas Versed in the lewd.

Game is good if you are wondering about it, especially for a first week free to play gacha mobile game.

It's not BotW good because there are incredibly few games I would rate same as BotW.

But compared to 99% of mobile shit out there and even among MMORPGs I would say it's good.

MinorGryph and GiftofLove like this.
  8. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

What are these failures you've read about?

9. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

I'm enjoying it so far. Not too far along yet. Got the auto-get Combat Maid and an Ice Shota in my first ten-pull, both four stars, so that was nice. Some good weapons too. I'm really enjoying the elemental interactions.

I am playing it on PS4 instead of PC like I originally planned though, as I understand the game's anti-cheat on PC is put straight into your kernal. Which is "What the Actual Fuck" level DRM.

GiftofLove likes this.
  10. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

I also enjoy Genshin. Only waifus I was interested in getting were Chinese Cook and Buxon Librarian and they are free so eh. I would love to get Bard Trap/femboy but maybe once I have enough for pity. I'm okay with saving for months.

Exploration ain't very amazing but it's ain't that bad either. It's quite comfy and easy and it have enough room to improve and expand in future updates. For now I'll continue playing at my own pace... Ok maybe a little bit faster to get free Barbara to have team with all elements.

GiftofLove likes this.
  11. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Anyone still play FFXIV? I've been playing the free version for something to do and trying to decide if it's worth seriously getting back into after... five years, I think?

Anonnermus likes this.
  12. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

I play and I love it. It's definitely worth playing and the latest expansion is absolutely amazing story-wise. The game does get bogged down in between the base game and the first expansion, and it used to be even worse until very recently because they cut out about a quarter of the quests. But once you reach Ishgard, the story and quest progression improves dramatically.

giodan and Anonnermus like this.
  13. Melmar

I played it for quite a while originally and I did like it. I got up to the first eight man raid in the story against that Garlean general guy or whoever he was. I just had other things going on and lost track of it after that. I'm currently trying to decide if I really want to try tanking for the first time or if I should just switch to being an Arcanist like my OG character was cuz tanking sounds stressful.

14. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

The most boring slog in the game starts right after that dungeon, so good luck. Tanking isn't all that difficult, as far as gameplay goes, and shouldn't be stressful unless you plan to tank endgame Raids.

Rakdos92 and Anonnermus like this.
  15. Anonnermus

Anonnermus UnDedicated Lurker

A lot of the roles have been simplified recently, including tanks.

Used to be the Marauder was a shit tank because of TP and the cone AoE enmity skill just couldn't hack it next to the Gladiator's Flash and no tank got their aggro stance until 30, which went a long way to making tanking possible. Now you get the aggro stance at 10 for every tank job, there's no damage stances and TP is gone; you can spam AE aggro skills if you feel like it and the only way to lose aggro to your deeps is to just not pay attention.

Savage raids and Extreme trials tend to have tank swaps and other mechanics targeting main tank/off tank but things get nutty for every role there. For normal content? Just turn on your stance, smack a d00d and pop a defense cooldown if the healer is making you sweat (or if you want to ease the burden for those guys, I guess.)

EDIT: Also the question came up earlier while playing, so quick summary of the Tanks:
    Paladin is a straight tank with the most utility of the four - this is the one to play if you want to actually protect the party.
    Warrior is a very selfish tank - all but two of it's non-damaging skills are self-buffs of one sort or another, the exceptions being an admittedly very good barrier buff that eats up to three of your defensive cooldowns to make it stronger, and a self-and-friendly-target buff that heals self and target for about 6/8 seconds based on the damage of each hit while the buff lasts.
    Dark Knight's more like the paladin with more DPS options - it can still protect the party a bit more then WAR but it's not the focus the way it is for PLD. Also has the (arguably) best defensive cooldown in the game in The Blackest Night.
    Gunbreaker's a PLD that traded in some of the utility for a second, stronger combo - it's a DPS with tank stats and more party utility then WAR.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    Rakdos92 and Melmar like this.
  16. Mistodon

Mistodon Invading the city of Alexandria

New Smash fighter reveal coming in less than an hour. While there are a few characters I wouldn't mind seeing, I otherwise have no expectations because it could be anyone.

17. Sword Stalker

Sword Stalker Dead or Alive. Your choice.

I'm takin' the long odds, 3 potatoes on Waluigi!

18. Melmar

Aaaand it's the fucking Minecraft guy. My apathy is maximum. :V

Edit:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    Anonnermus, searcher8 and GiftofLove like this.
  19. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Is this some very out-of-season April Fool's joke?

Rakdos92 and wayne82444 like this.
  20. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Heh, why not?

21. Melmar

2020 strikes again! :V

I'm not gonna hate on it, although even Sakurai seemed kinda nonplussed by the fact that they did this.

Rakdos92, Malcolmo and Anonnermus like this.
  22. C.Weiss

C.Weiss White Winter Wondermind

I mean, as Sakurai said - it is one of the best selling games of all time. Don’t get me wrong I can think of characters I’d prefer but I won’t say that Steve doesn’t deserve a place.

GiftofLove likes this.
  23. S_K

S_K Know what you're doing yet?

I think the biggest mistake you made was rerolling, the intro section is pretty damn long, and 5 Star characters aren't even that much better early on. The big paywall character-wise is getting duplicates which, AFAIK, is how you fill out their "Constellations" (Skill Tree), so you're better off just getting repeats of 4-star characters to make farming content easier.

The time-limiting system in GI, "Original Resin", doesn't seem to be too much of an issue ATM. It's used to open up the chests you get for completing some repeatable overworld content which basically just boil down to "Interact with object and fight 10 enemies" or "Kill a Boss".

As for the positives, the game doesn't have godawful level scaling like some others. Best example I have is me needing a specific item to boost the level cap of one of my characters, you can either buy it with a rare currency or fight one of those Overworld Bosses I mentioned earlier for it. The problem was, my team was level 20 (the first level cap), and the boss was level 36. And it was... actually pretty simple.

So, my F2P experience is pretty positive so far, but I'm still doing story quests and haven't really hit the paywall yet. Did pull a 5-Star though, which was nice.

GiftofLove likes this.
  24. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

The problem with this argument is that Minecraft is one of the best selling games of all time for the combination of building anything you want and mods. Especially mods. Such as ones which replace Steve with a custom character. A lot of people don't even know that Steve has a name, so when people try to compare Minecraft Steve to other characters and use Minecraft's popularity as a defense of him? It kind of falls flat.

Rakdos92 likes this.
  25. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Imabot, Derek58 and GiftofLove like this.
  26. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

No, seriously, that joke is old. It's like everyone important suddenly conspired together to screw with the customers. What's the real reveal?

wayne82444 likes this.
  27. Renko

Renko Look closer ~☆

Still salty that Mai got shafted for Terry cuz ratings boards said no tbh.

:V

28. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

29. C.Weiss

C.Weiss White Winter Wondermind

And yet we have had Custom Characters before - Pokemon Trainer, Robin and even Link are meant to be blank slate characters. And yet they get in, I’m not using saying that Steve deserves to be in. I’m saying that Minecraft deserves to be in.

searcher8 likes this.
  30. searcher8

searcher8 Are you trying to harden my Nanomachines Son?

On anouther note, since Microsoft now owns Zenimax, and by extension, ID, that means that if Minecraft got in, we unironically have a chance of seeing Doomguy for Smash at some point.

doomlord9, Imabot and Raven1138 like this.