1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Steaming along happily, I see. And every success strengthens him, too. I bet he's having fun. Oooh, that's a lot of Godspeech. It'll be inline during my commentary, methinks.

Yep, he is really losing himself in his role. Quite the power-up, it seems.

Man, just imagine the stat buffs they're getting through that armour link. One of the few times this build really pays off.

And now I'm reminded of Chemo again. With a mix of the Mindless Ones from Marvel, the servants of Dormammu.

Heh, he understands their mentality. Show your strength, dominate their leader, and the rest will fall in line.

Seriously, this scene needs a metal soundtrack. A picture of this would look like something straight off an album cover.

Now that's an entrance! You even got the tinkling glass tumbling down, technically.

At least he's still modest. And another aspect of his strategy: He's pulling all the aggro while his troops face distracted or weakened defences.

Zerg rush can't beat a hero drop! I suppose you could say, he's in their base, killing their dudes?
    Web? Seriously? I know, mental effect too, but honestly, they just pulled the old Web trick?

Unfortunately, the Daiklaive is a bit too big for her to take any reach advantage.

Dang, missed. Always fin taking down one dude with his buddy's weapon. The only thing better is taking one guy with with his buddy, 'Grevious harm with a body' style..

Dual-wielding reach weapons is OP, pls nerf.

ooh, got to watch them boss stage hazards. Always fun when the boss gets tagged by their own toys.

One warning, 'lady'. Take the hint.

Yeah, people never expect you to grab your own sword-blade for in-close fighting...

Ooh, the double whammy: physical beat-down and metaphysical barrage. That'll put most anyone out.

I see he's not concerned with being stabbed in the back. She belongs to him now.

Heh, that's a surprise. Hardly the weapon you'd expect a Sheeda to use...

...Okay, seriously, how long has all this taken? Or is she suffering more heavily from the Vampire Sun?

"Long time no see, kid. Did you do something with your hair?"

Sounds like she can't believe her eyes. Might she have had to deal with imposters before?

"Mea Culpa, Mea maxima culpa. What can I say, these idiots need a firm hand."

<Facepalm> And here he thought he'd be coming to her rescue, charging in on rocket-beetle cavalry.

Now, that's an easy mistake to make, what with the disappearing into the clouds thing...

Assuming it's come down to two rival empires steam-rolling into each other... Kind of a waste of resources (and Sheeda lives, but they don't really count, do they?)

...That better just be a 'happy to see you again' kiss. I really don't think there was that kind of spark between them...

Well... Looks like the fightings all done, bar a few holdouts. Maybe now they can get down to solving the real problem at hand. But boy, I hope there's some temporal reset thing or mana-fueled rejuvenation ahead for her, or her relationship with Xu Tao is going to get weird.

2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    No, the spells are on the shield.
    When you're 30, and 15 year age difference is a big deal. When you're 300, not so much.

3. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Um. Holy shit. No wonder Artemis's hair whitened, if they actually spent centuries.

4. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Something something "if you were the last new god on earth"

5. Pez

Pez Spaceman

Maybe it's just me, but I always like the ArtemisxGrayven pairing idea. I don't expect this to turn into a thing, because of Jade, but Arti and Gray always clicked better than Gray did with any other team member. I'm sure her being along with Sheeda for so long has had a negative impact on her. She's more of a social person, so the isolation from more human-like contact affects her in ways it doesn't to Renegade.

I'd much rather see Renegade with Artemis than with Luna. While that arc was cute, it was also weird (for me, at least).

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Just look at Diarmuid from Fate Zero. Guy managed to weaken the King of Knights after their first duel and could have killed her if he didn't destroy his spear.

Probably not that big of a surprise, seeing as they use weapons that seem primitive, but are still able to do some serious damage.

Or like the renegade she has also been evolving here divine nature and the white hair is a symptom of that.

Not really.

If they've only been there a few months, or even just a few years, then it wouldn't be that weird.

Wait does this mean that they've been stuck in the Sheeda timeline for centuries?

7. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Yeeeesh the Source Wall is dangerous.
    Wait a second were those red lasers actually arrows fired by Artemis down on Earth? Attempts to search for Grayven basically?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  8. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Not really surprised, but not sad either. They work pretty well, as noted previously, and it makes sense that conquering a planet would take a long time given the resources Grayven started with.

SemiAnarchist likes this.
  9. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

The MC, as I see it, is any variation of Paul. We see those two the most.

Otto von Saurion and RGFJ like this.
  10. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Conquering the world on foot takes time apparently. I wouldn't have guessed that it's been that long though. She's gonna have trouble relating to anyone when they get back.

11. BlueMangoAdea

Yes, but they are separate characters from each other, and it makes no sense to me to consider all of them simulataneously unless you specifically address them collectively.

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well she may relate more to the renegade.

He can also introduce her to Adom, and there's Diana.

Also Scott Free and Barda.

Hammerfury and Prince Charon like this.
  13. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, shots going into space is what happens when you fight with non-attenuating beam weapons.

14. BlueMangoAdea

I wonder if Grayven built Artemis that clock before he went to space. Maybe Artemis has been counting the individual days as they pass by.

15. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Just how long did he play global conquest? Decades?

How? Even if he landed too far away to just run back to his only friend/ally in this godsforsaken place how come he didn't just message her that he's fine? Do Sheeda really don't have any radio equivalent? He couldn't be bothered to send a zombie messenger pigeon with a letter in the implied decades (judging by her hair)?

Oh-kay... That's new! Luna might be pissed though.

Wut? 300 years? 3 centuries? It took him 3 centuries to get back in touch with his only real ally??? I know time flies when you're having fun but this is ridiculous. This is rediculous even.

As a matter of fact he did. This is from part 11 - just before he went off to become the first new god in space (using arrows and beetle jetpack):

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The previous chapter mentions that the Sheeda don't have reliable intercity communication during war so he couldn't send her the message, and he was on the other side of the planet.

As for the hair, that could just be a side effect of her growing into her godhood more and not a sign of decades or centuries passing, other New Gods that are much older than her still have non white hair.

17. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Mr Zoat
    Didn't he promise to make a timepiece way back when?
    Did he do that?

18. Fellow

Fellow Know what you're doing yet?

I certainly hope so. Otherwise, poor Tao :(

Darko likes this.
  19. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That was most likely just relief at finally having a friendly face she can trust, which will lead to glad to be alive romance. It might not last after they get back.

Fellow, Darko and Doccer like this.
  20. Fellow

'Thought'

21. Agent Orange

He apparently had new beetle jetpacks made. He could've just flown back. Even if he had to have a new one built every few cities it can't have taken him more than a few weeks/a month to get back to where he started from. 300 years of no contact is nuts!

He did. In part 11.

Nobody gives a shit about some GA wannabe. Besides, what happens in Vegas at the End of Times an' all that!

Doccer and DAT_NOOB like this.
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

GA wannabe?

This kid was doing divinely blessed arrow shots long before Artemis was, and his skill with a bow and arrow is much, much superior to GA.

23. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

There was mention of a beetle clock a couple chapters ago.

Prince Charon, Darko and Fellow like this.
  24. Xelloss

Xelloss Know what you're doing yet?

*Mass effect gunnery chief speech intensifies*

BR549, Alexandercctv, PDV and 2 others like this.
  25. Agent Orange

You obviously haven't seen the new version of boxing glove arrow GA patented. Thy cover any amount of skill discrepancy.

Also, I was talking about familiarity/popularity. I (and I'm gonna bet 95% of the readership) never even heard the 'Divine Archer' or whatever his name is until Zoat pulled him from obscurity. It doesn't help that he's perpetually offscreen (since Grayven is no longer part of the Team). I can care about Artemis but I cannot care about her offscreen boyfriend.

26. Fellow

Damn dude, pretty harsh. Is he not that loved a character in the fandom or something? I thought they made a cute couple. I can't really fault Artemis if this is gonna go any further as, if I'm understanding the situation correctly she's been trapped in the future for years now. The sad thing is that when they do make it back, it won't have even been a day for Tao. Sad situation all around aside from the Harrowings no longer being a thing of course.

Prince Charon and Darko like this.
  27. Agent Orange

Centuries if Zoat's comment is to be taken at face value. But I'm sure some blonde hair dye will fix everything. Artemis will just shrug it off and slot back into her life like no time has passed. Because that's how comicbooks work right?

28. Fellow

'bow hanging'

Mr Zoat and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  29. Fellow

He proved it too in the little competition they had. Was very humble afterwards. Sweet kid.

Cuchulin, DAT_NOOB and Darko like this.
  30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No, the being gone for years from her home and her friends, and fighting a war while surrounded by psychopaths, is probably going to leave a mark on her psyche.