1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

This chapter is everything I didn't know I wanted out of the DC universe.

2. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Hmmm will this vacation include a one-update stomp all over an Equestrian villain? Or perhaps Grayven will reconnect with his sweetheart. Wait, “sweetheart” is probably a different pony, whoops.

3. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That should be thought.

4. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

yeah thats a good idea. hand the former villian off world colonies to control. thats not gonna lead to human rights abuse or anything. im sorry, but correct me if im wrong but is this not the same man who created an entire new species and used them as slave labour? can grayven keep that much of an eye on him? where is the oversight? and can they be bribed.

Eld_Tiger, WereDragon, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  5. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You have to remember, Grayven is super short sighted.

6. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

In the Renegade's defense, he has gotten through to Luthor and helped him (somewhat) improve as a person.

7. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I mean at this point hasn't Grayven committed multiple genocides and uses the same species as slave labour? slaves that he stole? or does he pay them? I don't remember

8. transhumansage

le sigh. it just feels like when the american gov put norman osborn as head of shield during civil war, in marvel.

9. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

I'm absolutely certain if Lex creates colonies they will either be Meritocracies or Noocracies. Probably end up as a post scarcity societies, he is the guy who made a time machine with a straw, can and some tape afterall. Not much need for slave labour in that case. Just let him smugly laugh at The Alien while asking "why didn't you manage this"?

Cuchulin, Ardy, Alexandercctv and 2 others like this.
  10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    He pays them.

11. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

That "of" really bugs me. It could be a "frustration of mine, and for Lex as well" or "frustration, both for me and for Lex."

12. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Lex's space fleet being deployed really put the cat amongst the pigeons, I see. I expect international relations have been a bit strained with them hanging over the world's heads...

Hey, at least Lex hasn't pulled some stupid shit like "Hand control over the Earth to me or my fleet starts blowing up capital cities." But then, Grayven would hand him his head if he did, and he knows that. And Grayven would make sure he lived long enough to see his headless body, too, you know he would.

I mean, they were looking at the slowly-progressing shipyards in central Africa, and not seeing anything threatening, I guess? Just a big boondoggle that would never pay off, even with Lex Luthor behind it. Bet some people are eating crow now.

"After all, you never said I should stop him doing anything like that, did you?" Ah, Grayven... New God of Trolling in fine shape, I see.

Hell, if he posted online about placements for off-world colonies, the servers would crash under the weight of people applying. Even after weeding out sci-fi fanboys hoping to chase up some blue space nookie or thrill-seekers who wouldn't cope with the hardships of actually working for a living, there would still be a hell of a lot of people willing to try.

Better than Blackjack and Hookers! As long as he promises not to call it 'Lexor' or something silly like that. His ships may have silver-age aesthetics, but that might be pushing it.

Sour grapes. They just want some of Lex's money, and are annoyed it's going to 'some shithole of a country in Africa.'

I mean, just because they promptly signed on with Lex's space program, doesn't mean anything, after all. <whistles innocently.?

Hell, that still applies to anywhere in the galaxy. And Lex knows that. One step wrong in Grayven's eyes and he gets to learn what it's like to be living Tang. At least, I expect that's somewhere in the back of his mind...

And expensive. But then, it's never been about the money to Lex, has it? It's the acclaim. The recognition. Proving to everyone else he's better. That's one of the biggest drives of his conflict with Superman, after all.

Pfft. The League is a couple of dozen people running around in long underwear fighting crime and upholding the Status Quo. Lex has bigger ideas than that.

See? Recognition. Acclaim. Approval.

Bitch, please, America could have had Cosmic Reactors in the fifties. But Big Oil pissed itself in fear of its bottom line, and the Military drove the creator a little crazy for a while...

A stronger Humanity, for one. What's a little internal political upheaval in the face of not dying to the next alien species who thinks Earth is a soft target?

Ans you don't want to be left behind in this scenario. Unless you want to be the new Third World?

Heh. Basically telling him, no one country gets to have the big toys to itself. Probably safer that way.

Shortsightedness again. What could one man do? With the right powers: A lot of damage.

Oh, yes. Just look at some of the stranger local laws left on the books and never enforced, because it's too much effort to. At least they get a good chance to set up a proper system before things get out of hand. Not that they'll realise that...

I'm reminded of Red Son. And in the end, that Lex won. He won it all.

Never mind all the little dogs barking to try and be noticed...

As I've said before: Casanunda, second-greatest lover on the Disc said it best: Second Place works harder.

And no, that is not a joke. I bet Twilight Sparkle could work wonders in the diplomatic circles once she found her footing.

He doesn't like the idea of the Ponies, does he? Too girly for him, or just insulted by the idea of a country that defends itself via godlike powers?

And that makes one hell of an exit. Grayven: Trolling in style.

Spatial discontinuities, probably. Light would do weird things as it passed through and had to completely change its' physical properties...

Wait until they get stuck somewhere together for several thousand years. See how they feel about it then.

Aw, yeah. New Goddess of Ninja Archers visiting Equestria? This would be hilarious. Alicorn again, I expect. Bet she has an archery-related Cutie Mark.

Heh, telling how he felt comfortable stripping down in front of her without any hesitation. Not a hint of romance between them, is there?

Man, two months skipped just like that. I hope Artemis is feeling a little more comfortable in her skin now, having had a chance to settle back into her old life. Perhaps the pony trip might do her some good?

The sentence is a little mangled. Deleting this word should improve it.

Vorian, erebus1994, Gilhelmi and 16 others like this.
  13. transhumansage

he pays them and treats them well. also if they want to leave and build a home he would help.

DAT_NOOB, WereDragon, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  14. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

So happy. Can't wait o see how meeting the missus goes and if she can see/sense bond.

moralrelativity and Agent Orange like this.
  15. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Sam? Sam Wilson? Sam Neil? Sam(antha) Carter? There's too many Sams lately! Which one is this? Somebody help?!

"And shark tanks!" No seriously, for all his (many many) faults Lex is a businessman first. Earth populace is his main consumer base. He might start selling to (space) aliens but he won't forget you little people. Only complete nutters like Owlman would want to blow up their own farm.

Ha! :D Don't worry Sam, it's not happening. Without Big Gray around to spritz him with a plant mister every time he gets 'ideas' he'll just revert to his Plot enforced characterization.

And his massive ego, we can't forget that one. And because Gray wants him to stray where he is doing what he does. And because the Alien is here and Lex can't rub his face into his success from the other star system no can he.

Finally! This is bound to be awkward considering that Gray will be bringing another 'alicorn mare' that he marked as his to his girlfriend's (?) metaphysical senses.

Vorian, Lord Ernest, BBJimmy and 2 others like this.
  16. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

General Samuel Lane, father of Lois Lane and an actually reasonable American general. He's associated with the Renegade.

17. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

I mean... technically he's still an American capitalist in the world's eyes. Whether the US considers him one of theirs is another story.

Yet. He hasn't done it yet. I'm betting it happens while Gray, Arty and Luna are playing out the worst of the romcom tropes in Equestria.

Exact words. He may have spent too much time with the fake Fae.

I know right! He'd have more applicants than spots.

After she recovered from her nervous breakdown you mean? DC politics is to MLP politics what RL politics is to DC politics.

New Goddess of Stealth Archers thank you very much!

Nope. Not. At. All. ;)

Much obliged!

Cuchulin, Darko, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  18. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Ah, it's always nice to see backwards oriented idiots be confronted by reality.

They had decades to prepare for this and now someone else moved ahead they are whining about it. Morons.

19. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

So how long until Artemis meets the other Artemis?

20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'anti-iron'

Paul does have Melmoth to help with any potential records.

Ohh, pre 52 Hal would have done the same thing.

There is assimilation.

If it works it can be anything he wants.

Again, there is Melmoth.

Me thinks not.

More in the Chinese sense of the word.

HERETIC!

He will call it that.

That and a whole host of unresolved sexual issues.

They are also trying to improve the world, like Diana with civil rights for women. Bruce with his charities etc.

Paul pointed it out in the Guys From Gotham episode that one of the reasons the League doesn't do more to improve the world is because they need to make sure some lunatic, like Luthor and his friends in the Light, doesn't burn it down,and by the time they stop them they are too tired and exhausted.

I don't think it was the oil companies as much as it was Knight not wanting another of his inventions weaponized.

I'm now picturing her being dismissed by the politicians of Earth due to how she looks and acts, only for her to utterly play them like fools.

He was probably wearing clothes underneath.

Well reasonable in this story and in the n52.

The pre flashpoint version, yeah not so much reason there.

21. Joelseph14

Joelseph14 Know what you're doing yet?

Fuck yes bring back the ponies

22. DeathlessProficiency

DeathlessProficiency Know what you're doing yet?

agreed. Thanks Mr. Zoat.

Oglymogly likes this.
  23. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

... and now it's happened in both timelines (although the one in Paragon was less... conclusive, IIRC, and was a slightly different 'thing that they should have done/figured out how to deal with decades earlier').

24. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    He has clothing on underneath his armour.
    He has helped them. The tamaranians gave them a large island.
    There's an achievement for having all five do a mission together.
    Not sure about that one. Antihydrogen is written without a hyphen on some professional-looking websites.

25. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Well its seems Grayven is going to be out of DC for a while indeed.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Even if it's true, most times it tends to be written with a hyphen.

27. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Ugh, I wish we could have seen that talk.
    I want to know what actually went down when she got back and revealed that she'd been gone for a long time.
    Instead, it's an offhand line before yet another trip into ponyville.

28. Mr Zoat

Hm. See what I can do.

29. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Yay~

Edit: honestly, I would have thought grayven would have been there for the initial debrief.

Whatevr reservations he previously had about going back to the mountain or being associated with the league... those issues must seem like such trivial things after everything they went through.

Surely the only thing that would actually matter would be being there to give moral support to his other half as she tries to reconnect with her few friends?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  30. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

There are also practical concerns with the relative lack of current communication and coordination between Renegade and the League, as shown by the circumstances that landed Artemis and Renegade in the future to begin with. Granted, Renegade wasn't fully aware of Sivana's suicide plan either, but it still represents a potential risk that could have been mitigated (mostly to the survival of League members, which Renegade should care about because of his personal attachments).

A tangential question, but does Batman suspect the existence of the New Light?

moralrelativity likes this.