1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Cleanse NSFW of all non-NSFW.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Venumize, Nov 14, 2020.

?

Move stories to their correct section?

1. Yay

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. Nay

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. Venumize

Venumize The Tinker Based Taylor.

What I mean is all the stories that are not in fact NSFW should be removed from that section. At the moment there is 167 pages worth of stories there and having read pretty much all of them has left me wondering why no one has moved these clearly SFW stories to their correct sub forum?

Out of so many pages probably more than half are not in any way NSFW. A large chunk of those are a single posting that never went any further. Why not move all of these to their correct section instead of where they are at?

Unsure why so many people posted there when their stories barely rate a T for age.

Yay or Nay? Thoughts?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

Eh, just because stories may currently be SFW doesn't mean they will stay that way. It would be a hassle for mods to move stories back and forth.

january1may and Ddmkm122 like this.
  3. Venumize

For the newer ones or those that are still updated sure, but the vast majority are dead from years of inactivity and just taking up space in the wrong section.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Bob Knob

Bob Knob Getting sticky.

It would still take a lot of effort. I'd say for mods who scan old ones to keep the idea of moving them in mind if nothing else.

Venumize and Ddmkm122 like this.
  5. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

See, my feeling is that if they've been dead for years, who cares? It's not like they're taking up space on the front page then.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Bob Knob

Bob Knob Getting sticky.

I agree. I just believe that it would be unreasonable to demand mods to do this. Setting up an expectation that if they run across one that's mislabeled and fix this is a different story. Include an emphasis for older stories. Maybe something over a certain amount of time.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Venumize

A lot of effort? I could do it in a single day by myself let alone having more than one person splitting up the work, on top of that it is kind of their jobs to do this sort of thing. Open up a thread, speed read through it for things clearly smut as anything less is fine in SFW, scroll through thread for images that might need to be purged as they don't go in SFW, move thread to proper place finally after half a decade for some.

Most of the stories as I pointed out are just a single snippet and are in no way full length stories.

We have tons of showings with forums going downhill because things are allowed to slip more and more and it would be a real shame if that happened here.

Saying it is old and so doesn't matter is just lazy lol Do agree if nothing else is to be done because of laziness then at least the newer ones should have that done. The problem then becomes what if the story adds such later on? That is why all the dead ones could safely be moved.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Bob Knob

Bob Knob Getting sticky.

I suppose that you could just focus on the threads that are threadmarked. That's still hundreds if not thousands of threads to check. I feel that would take more than one day. My estimate is that there are about 3,300 threads in the NSFW category. So basically if you were to spend 1 second on each thread it would take an hour to scan every thread. You're also relying on a mod wanting to put forth the effort. Unless I miss my guess, no on is getting paid to be a mod unless they directly run this site.

Basically I agree that this would be a good idea to do. I just feel that you are underestimating what would be required to make the effort. I also feel that approaching this project as anything more than another thing for the mods to watch out for is a bit unreasonable. The best option would basically to try to recruit mods who agree and like the idea.

It's one thing to do something. It's another to point and say, "You there! Here's a simple project that should only take a minimal effort to accomplish." Mods main thing here is to watch to make sure people aren't committing rule violations. This would fall under the nice but secondary aspect of keeping watch and trying to improve things.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

I mean, I suppose if you're volunteering to provide the mods with a list of threads to be moved/not be moved and why, that rather changes the calculus.

But keep in mind that "has smut" is not the only reason for a thread to be in NSFW. Notable example is that serial killer!Taylor thread that moved from SB to here and went in NSFW "because of the murder".

Ddmkm122 and january1may like this.
  10. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Also note that NSFW stuff isn't necessarily the stuff that is thread marked. Images and text posted by views also count.