1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Discussion in 'General' started by Ack, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Narwhale

Narwhale Know what you're doing yet?

Honestly, I enjoyed both your SFW and NSFW works, they were all very well written and honestly, very interesting story wise. That said, it is a shame that people can't disconnect a writers NSFW from their SFW, or they can't see the line between them and I am sad to see you were forced to delete them. At the very least, I hope things get easier for you in the future.

2. Chojomeka

Chojomeka Sexy and I know it

It is a shame that this happened honestly though at the same time maybe having so much cut out will be a boon in your other works Ack, so don't despair but find ways to turn this around and bounce back better than before! :D

Ack, Jamsieboy and Prince Charon like this.
  3. Scythro

Scythro Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

ahh thats a shame. Ive seen some posts about people warning others about it being an ack fic like its something bad. I've seen some others smut/reg fics combined and non of them that I have seen have received similar levels of caution. I was quiet mad at the post and even logged in to downvote. =(

4. Shifu15

Shifu15 Getting out there.

Well that a shane. I enjoy both your SFW and NSFW stories though.

Ack and macdjord like this.
  5. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

At which point we shall ascend another story to the pantheon.

While this probably won't make you any friends on there, I do appreciate the sentiment.

Anyways, that's a chapter of my writing career that's over and done.

Chojomeka and HearthBorn like this.
  6. Wytsfs

Wytsfs Know what you're doing yet?

You'd have been better off just not tying your original works to 'Ack'. With the animosity some of them have towards you a lack of a fic to link to won't stop them from spamming your reviews if they know it's you.

7. Scopas

Scopas I trust you know where the happy button is?

Damn. This is another example of some utterly stupid bullshit. People can write explicit torture scenes, play video games that graphically depict mass murder, and TV shows enjoyed by hundreds of thousands can depict narcotics and drug traffickers, but everybody clutches their pearls as soon as someone writes a sex story about a fictional character, or as soon as someone draws a cartoon of a loli getting railed.

That outrage doesn't help anybody - if someone's jacking it to loli hentai or explicit stories featuring underage sex, they aren't hurting anybody. The people who are actually hurting children, or the children being hurt, are completely unaffected.

I'm sorry that some fuckwits are screwing with you, Ack. I sincerely hope they experience severe and prolonged acid reflux in the next couple of days.

8. Ack

My problem was, I did SFW and NSFW versions of the same story, so I couldn't really separate them.

january1may and HearthBorn like this.
  9. Chojomeka

Chojomeka Sexy and I know it

Honestly though Ack if I were you I'd keep an eye out just incase this leads to a copycat or two plagiarizing your NSFW stuff.

Vanrus, Ack and Prince Charon like this.
  10. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

I think he means that you should have published your original, professional stuff - the stuff you're worried about some ass killing by creating a review linking to your NSFW work - under a different pen name. It wouldn't matter much if people thought that 'Ack' is a pervert if they didn't know that, e.g., Welcome to Utopia was by Ack. (The downside, of course, would be that people who are fans of your work as Ack would not be able to then follow you to the new stuff.)

11. Ack

Always a good point, but (le sigh) I didn't think of that before publishing my book on this damn site.

12. Ack

I honestly don't give a flying fuck about that.

In fact, I'd love it if people did that, and made it uncertain about who actually created it.

13. Robert Stadler

Robert Stadler Getting sticky.

Also, I would not have bought the book if Ack hadn't tied it to this name. I don't usually buy random self-published books.

14. Ack

Cool.
    So, did you like it?

15. Robert Stadler

Robert Stadler Getting sticky.

The truth is that I prefer your fanfic. I thought the book spent a lot of time with characters' ooh-ing and ah-ing at the city. This both slowed down the actual story and seemed implausible on it's face, as it's unlikely that anything like Utopia City could exist in our world without having absolutely everyone learning about the details from TV shows and the like.
    I'm hoping that the next book is able to spend less time touring through engineering marvels, since we should already be familiar with them.

Tronno and Ack like this.
  16. Ack

I drew a good portion of that mindset from the fact that when I visited the US (in 1996), I'd already read about New York, seen movies, etc, etc, etc,

But still, I took a day riding a tour bus through the city and took photos of everything. It's one thing to see the Statue of Liberty on the small screen or even the big screen. It's another to walk around it and take photos. And that's stuff that's mundane.

Moreover, the tech that's prevalent in Utopia is still trickling out to the outside world (partly due to the fact that licensing aircars outside the city would be prohibitively expensive). Thus, you'd hear about flying cars and maybe even see them on TV, but to watch one one land five yards away is a whole different kettle of fish, and to ride one in person, mindblowing all over again.

Sense of wonder. It's a thing.

However, the tech is acknowledged but not explained all over again in the next book because as you say, the reader will already know about it.

17. twilightwanderer

twilightwanderer Making the rounds.

[X] Confrontation II - 6
    [X] One More Trigger - 5
    [X] Alea Iacta Est - 4

18. Ack

19. Ack

Twilight666 and HearthBorn like this.
  20. Septumus

Septumus Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Thanks for the fics Ack, it honestly sucks that you're forced to take your fics down. Is there a place we can download them?

21. Ack

22. Threadmarks: Vote 169: I, Panacea
    Ack

Thanks, as always, for voting.

Voting points this round: 743

Announcements
    Throne3d 's vote counting system is once more working well. Thanks, Throne!

It has come to my attention that I have been slacking off. I'm going to try to speed up my posting of vote stories.

I have removed Meet the Heberts and NSW from my vote lineup. Danny & Taylor will be strictly SFW from here on in. Apologies to everyone who was voting just for those.

Novel is PUBLISHED. [Welcome to Utopia]

I'm posting it, one chapter per week, in my sig.
    Link to get, if interested: https://books2read.com/u/b68xeZ
    Amazon: https://www.amazon.com.au/s?k=welcome+to+utopia&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Any votes to any stories not on the list will not be applied to any stories, on or off the list. The stories that have been taken off the list will not be abandoned, just put on hiatus until I've actually finished a significant number of stories that are actually still on the list.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

Afraid of the Dark [0] (Danny is an expy of John Wick. Taylor just went through the Locker. Be very afraid.)
    All Alone [0] (Emma dies in the alley, so Taylor makes a new friend. Sophia Hess. But after some very bad decisions. she's all alone again. Or is she?)
    Another Way [0] (Marquis beat shit out of BBB, then spent the next eight years in Boston. Now that his daughter has triggered, he's come back. She's having a ball.)
    Conflict [0] (It's 1980. Contessa managed to shank Eden without getting nerfed. Doctor Mother now has Eidolon's powerset, without the insecurity complex. They've got two years to prepare before Scion shows up.)
    Entanglement [0] (Taylor has her bug powers. However, she is now randomly body-swapping with a Taylor from an Earth without super-powers. Both are rather confused.)
    Fuck Worm! [0] {NSFW} (A double SI, where a couple gets dropped into the Wormverse on opposite sides. Only just started.)
    Gravitas [0] (A crossover fanfic with a novel I'm in the process of writing).
    I'm HALPING! [0] (Taylor has a new friend. He's a cute teenage boy, who also happens to be an Endbringer. Cue hijinks.)
    One Bad Day [0] (Sophia murders Grue. Taylor murders Sophia and Madison. Lisa murders her new team leader. Amy mindwipes Vicky. It's one hell of a bad day.)
    Prodigal Daughter [0] {Taylor isn't quite right. But that's okay. She's Jack Slash's daughter. Brockton Bay is in for ... a time.)
    Yet Another Way [0] (A spin-off of Another Way, where Carol killed Amy. The BBB is now out of the picture, and Marquis has managed to adopt the Dallon and Pelham kids.)

A Friend At Winslow - Non-Taylor-centric, but involving Taylor.
    The Centre Cannot Hold - Taylor gets a really weird power, and makes full use of it. Crack.
    Dinah Alcott, Ruler of the World - Exactly what it says on the tin.
    EverYthiNg YoU kNow iS WroNg - The Birdcage is a luxury resort. Marquis was sandbagging. It's all a LIE, I tell you! Pure crack.
    Force Projection - A sequel to my original fiction Number Two.
    Hostile Takeover - Marquis had a son. He's just come back to Brockton Bay.
    Identity Theft - An international freelancer needs to hide out in Brockton Bay. Guess who she looks like?
    Isel - Prequel to my original fiction King's Man
    Parallel - A time travel story, involving Taylor's son from after Gold Morning.
    Living in Brockton Bay is Suffering - A perfect storm of bad events happens, leaving Tagg in charge of the PRT, based in Brockton Bay.
    Library Blues (working title) - A massive AU where Taylor is an adult, working in the library of Winslow High. Brian is the principal, and Sophia is the head coach.
    Terminal: A cancer sufferer triggers with powers. His life does not improve. News at eleven.

User Errors:
    Kejmur - Alea Iacta Est was incorrectly spelled. I fixed it for you.
    Rodon - Recoil does not have the number 279 attached. I fixed it for you.
    Chase92 , 1986ctcel , Sol Mark-1 - The fics Meet the Heberts and NSW have been discontinued. Sorry.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 467
    Confrontation II 547
    Danny & Taylor 294
    Hostage Situation 147
    I, Panacea 0 (615)
    One More Trigger 68
    Reality Intrudes 599
    Recoil 577
    War Games 467
    Wyvern 344

Following the unexpected drop-out of two fics (see Announcements) we have I, Panacea, probably to be shortly followed by Recoil, Confrontation II and then Reality Intrudes.

Check out Sleepyfoo for a reasonable prediction.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

Vote format looks like this:

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

23. EJH

EJH Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Confrontation II - 6
    [X] War Games - 5
    [X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
    [X] Wyvern - 3
    [X] One More Trigger - 2
    [X] I, Panacea - 1

24. Togashi Rogi

Togashi Rogi Getting sticky.

[x] Recoil - 6
    [x] I, Panacea - 5
    [x] Alea Iacta Est - 4
    [x] Hostage Situation - 3
    [x] Wyvern - 2
    [x] One More Trigger - 1

25. Fishyface

Fishyface Not too sore, are you?

[X] Recoil - 6
    [X] War Games - 5
    [X] One More Trigger - 4
    [X] Alea Iacta Est - 3

26. Garganator

Garganator Experienced.

[X] Recoil - 6
    [X] One More Trigger - 5
    [X] War Games - 4
    [X] Wyvern - 3
    [X] Alea Iacta Est - 2

27. Sleepyfoo

Sleepyfoo Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Wyvern - 6
    [X] Hostage Situation - 5
    [X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
    [X] I, Panacea - 3
    [X] Recoil - 2
    [X] Danny & Taylor - 1

Predictions:
    Vote 170: Recoil by 67 Votes
    Vote 171: Confrontation 2 by 24 Votes
    Vote 172: Alea Iacta Est by 64 Votes
    Vote 173: Wyvern by 49 Votes
    Vote 174: War Games by 71 Votes
    Vote 175: Reality Intrudes by 157 Votes
    Vote 176: I, Panacea by 13 Votes
    Vote 177: Recoil by 185 Votes
    Vote 178: One More Trigger by 30 Votes
    Vote 179: Hostage Situation by 65 Votes

Notably the prediction is perfectly stable (some minor margin adjustments) from the updated prediction from last time. It will be interesting to see if that holds.

HearthBorn likes this.
  28. HearthBorn

HearthBorn Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Hostage Situation - 6
    [X] I, Panacea - 5
    [X] Reality Intrudes - 4
    [X] War Games - 3
    [X] Wyvern - 2
    [X] Confrontation II - 1

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  29. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

[] Harem Protagonist Marquis - 42
    [X] I, Panacea - 6
    [X] One More Trigger - 5
    [X] Hostage Situation - 4
    [X] Wyvern - 3
    [X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
    [X] Recoil - 1
    [] Reality Intrudes - 0

30. Dan Tobias

Dan Tobias Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Confrontation II - 6
    [X] Recoil - 5
    [X] Hostage Situation - 4
    [X] I, Panacea - 3
    [X] War Games - 2
    [X] One More Trigger - 1

Up for voting and I'd like to see it, just not quite enough to get a vote this time...
    [] Alea Iacta Est
    [] Wyvern
    [] All Alone

Not up for voting but I'd still like to see it: (hopefully more stories will be added to the voting soon!)
    [] Entanglement
    [] Slippery Slope
    [] MirrorVerse
    [] I'm HALPING!
    [] One Bad Day