1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Osaisen, commision'd Arts and Stories.

Discussion in 'General' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Someone requested a continuation for the Great Hero, so after mashing my brain against it for a while, the saga of Sir William Smythe continues!

---

Billy took a moment, possibly as many as a hundred miles away, to rest and catch his breath.

"Man.... the parties are great, but these people just keep expecting things." he sighs, adjusting his shades.

"Eeeeeek!" A painfully shrill voice calls from nearby.

..... Billy studiously ignores the shriek.

"Someone... help! Surely some brave hero must be near, to save a damsel in need!" The nasally falsetto calls again.

Nope. Nuh-uh. This is someone's problem, but not Billy's, no sir.

"There's.... there's fire, and brimstone! The virgin is going to be sacrificed!"

Nothing doing.

"They, they're drowning puppies!" The call tries again. "And bludgeoning poor little baby seals, and eating kittens and baby birds! They've started up an orphanage just so they can bar the doors and burn it down! Ooooh, the goblinity!"

"Humanity." Billy calls back, voice flat.

"Ooooh, the humanity!" The voice tries again, theatrically.

.... Billy lets loose a long, heartfelt sigh.

"I don't know who piles this shit on me." He grumbles. "Man, if I just ignore it, then they're going to jump me down the road anyway... what a pain."

Sulking a little, Billy stalks off the road and through a narrow patch of woods to a cleared area with an old man tied to a pole.

"HAHAHAHAHA!" Goblins shriek, dropping out of trees and popping out from false ground. "It was a trap, iiiidiot!"

"OF COURSE IT WAS A TRAP." Billy yells, punching one in the face. Unconscious, he takes it by the feet and uses it as an impromptu bludgeon against all the rest. "Do I look stupid? It's obviously a trap! And come on, you retards are like a foot tall! What the hell? Stop following me around!"

"The hero is too strong!"

"Run awaaaaaay!"

Having retreated almost as soon as they appeared, Billy snorts and tosses the last goblin aside into the bushes, and cuts the man down.

"Oooooooh...." the withered wretch groans faintly, rubbing his wrists. "Thank you kindly, son. I don't know how much longer I could have lasted. I wonder if there is any way I can repay you...?"

"Do you have any money?" Billy suggests, cutting right to the chase.

"Hmm.... but I am but a simple and humble vagrant. What might I have that a hero such as yourself...."

"If you have any money then that would be great." Billy hints subtly again.

"Hmm.... Hmmmm..... Ah. I have it. Take this, hero.... a blade handed down from father to son for the past hundred generations. It pains me greatly to break this tradition but, well, after the war injury and all.... I won't be able to anyway. Please, take it."

Billy holds the short dagger away, looking at it suspiciously.

.... Oh well. At worst, he can pawn it for a few coppers.

Onward, then.

Back on the horse, the Great Hero rides for hours yet before coming to a halt in a small, riverside village, where he charters passage further west on a fishing vessel headed out to sea, where it is to drop him off on a tropical island. Tired from the flight, Billy boards and rests.

Late in the morning, and hung over, he wakes to the sound of screaming, fire, and death.

"HERO" the dragon bellows. "I HAVE WAITED FOR YOU. AND I SMELL YOU KNOW. PREPARE, FOR THE NAME OF YOUR DEATH... IS KARNGORAC!"

"... oh, bullshit." Billy croaks. "I got on... the wrong damn boat."

"PREPARE. FOR I COME FOR YOU."

"Fuck oooffff!" Billy roars, hurling the dagger in his pocket in a gesture of infuriated futility.

The blade flies straight and true, piercing the great dragon's eye and driving itself further and further still.

"THE.... DRAGON... SLAYER." Karngorac howls, slumping. "HOW COULD YOU... POSSIBLY HAVE....?"

With a great crash, the dragon collapses, defeated and dead. It takes another few moments for peasantry cheers to start rising.

The great hero, for his part, stares blankly, before quickly striking a pose. Hung over or not, confused as hell or not, clearly things went better than expected and he was damn sure going to take advantage of it, and the hospitality of generous and grateful local housewives.

Or his name wasn't Billy Smith.

2. Chibi-Reaper

It's that time of the month again.

The time where I look at some numbers, and consider how prospects for employment have gone in the interim, take a deep breath and say....

Well, I say a lot of things, most of which aren't at all fit for polite company. But that's neither here or there.

As always, I'm open for writing short fiction at your direction, or drawing things that you want to see. The same guidelines as ever still apply, of course, so keep those in mind as well, and the paypal address is still in the same place. Having consulted Stuff, it seems like the magic number is, again, probably ~$300.

That said, I'll be putting pictures up to both get attention and get my hand back in once I decide what to draw and my sinuses stop rebelling.

This revolution will not be tolerated, bodily functions.

3. Chibi-Reaper

Alright.

Feeling much better, or at least measurably nowhere near so terrible, I return from physical turmoil of illness to the mental turmoil of finance!

Now, let's see, drawerings. How about..... another crash character, that tiny, tiny naga.

[img width=362 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/t5ea7r9b3/image.png[/img]

We start with obviously the most important characteristics. Probably going to be later edits made, but for now, building off of this.

4. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=319 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/7144avl5r/image.png[/img]

After too many failed attempts to scribble in a reasonable face first for me to feel comfortable relating, I instead sketch out the rest of the body first.

We can come back to Copper's head later.

5. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=298 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/spua6mpjx/image.png[/img]

I throw a couple faces up, decide I'm not happy with any of them, and instead continue adding detail to the Snakey Bits.

I can't put off head details forever though, and it looks like those are next. I'm noting, once again, I am drawing too damn small. Bah.

6. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=280 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/d3h9huwv1/image.png[/img]

First off, I'll note that the previous post features a Totally Fucked Link. Trying to fix that hasn't immediately gone anywhere, because I can find a thumbnail of the image on the host, but I can't make it show the whole image. Thiiiiis is what happens when my preferred Free Imagehost decides that they're going to become a Paid Subscription Only host and I have to learn new sites, I guess! Don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or if it's an error with the host, but so far I'm not really sold on the new site.

That away, I work some with actually humanish features. Hair has to be short, because personal grooming options for wild naga are kind of limited... kind of wide face and mouth, because that jaw completely unhinges to swallow things that shouldn't be small enough to choke down. Two tongues because fuck it why not. Not sure about the ear yet, might change that a little or a lot.

No arms, obviously.

Nipple status is currently in a wondrous realm of mystery because this is still in a worksafe section of the board. If people want pics with visible nipples or genitals, I guess those will go in PM's.

That said, looks like aside from some fine tuning, all the details are in place. Now it's just clearing up the lines and I guess coloring? Well, when color happens, it's going to be very heavy on shades of Pink, so. That comes a fair bit later, though.

7. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=296 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/3o5zie47z/image.png[/img]

AND THEN I FUCKED EVERYTHING UP WITH INK.

Anyway, we'll see how this progresses. I guess there'll be a colored pencil version and one where I keep playing with ink shading or something.

8. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

...wait, how the hell does she keep her hair in such perfect condition without arms ? Do Naga have magical hairdo powers ?

9. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

She holds the brush with her prehensile tongue, obviously.

10. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Magic. Aint explanin shit.

11. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Well. That sure doesn't look like I just vomited all over an otherwise clean sheet of paper!

Colored pencils might not be a good go-to medium here. Bleh.

12. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=282 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/rozjxzvtr/image.png[/img]

Leaving color aside, I throw some complexity into the black and white image with the magic of LINES. SO MANY LINES. Lines at varying distances from one another! And what if, just hear me out.... lines.... at a different angle!?

Madness.

At a more serious tone, I like this better than the colored pencil. That's not to say I like it, I just don't think it's as terrible.

I guess... from here, I should go back and see about digitally coloring this thing. Or find a pack of, I don't know, crayons or something. No, the scanner is going to twist the colors anyway no matter what. I'll just have to figure out computer coloring.

13. Chibi-Reaper

Checking shows me still sitting at halfway to the goal line, so I get to play with MSPaint.

Then I accidentally close the program and fuck everything up.

So instead I poke at the new Paint.Net program, and use layers to digitally re-draw all of this crap and put in some veeeery basic coloring in the lines.

[img width=296 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/jvlx9b6xr/wip.png[/img]

..... Needs work. Though, it's just dumping even color with the tool, so of course it does. New stuff for me to mash my face into until I Learn Things!

14. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=296 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/tldwjlsyn/wip.png[/img]

After some frustration involved in trying to make the tools on Paint.net do what they are supposed to, I just open it in MSpaint and put in some basic color shading on the hair, then quietly nurse frustration and a cup of coffee.

15. Chibi-Reaper

Still at 150 of the 300 goal line, and PIXELS are not.... well, there's a whole lot of issues with paint.net functions and for some reason I can't both art programs and listen to music at the same time or shit crashes or something?

It might be time to put the old laptop out to pasture, but can't really replace it right now either. Oh well.

[img width=296 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/kkvzdk9nj/wip.png[/img]

In any case, in between fighting with the computer, I finally manage to progress shading a little bit with MSpaint. I'll keep moving forward when my hatred for all life wanes a little and I can start beating my head against this again. So... couple hours, at least.

16. Chibi-Reaper

I look up at the pic above and, no, I can't. Hate it so much. So much.

In a different direction, happy belated valentines, all. In honor of the holiday, as I sat back to consider possible Things to Draw, I've decided to edit a certain story.

See this?

[​IMG]

It's a nice set of scissors. A good one. Fancy. But thinking about it I really don't like it as much as I did initially.

So, reworking the design while keeping all the details noted in story present, and in the spirit of the St. Valentines Day...

I give you the weapon that is going to take it's place. The Heart-Breaker.

[img width=463 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/9yj7sispr/Heart_Breaker.jpg[/img]

That's just a rough sketching out, mind you, there's plenty of work yet that can be done. That said, showing off that I can draw Things as well as Characters isn't the only reason I'm bumping this thread, not at all. There's also my charming good looks and sparkling wit!

Also, once again, the quest for gainful employment has gone nowhere, at a startling pace. So, once again, I'm opening myself up for story and picture compensated requests, or donations. Exact numbers are still sketchy, but for the time being it seems like $300 is the magic number once again.

.... I guess I might finish mucking with the Naga at some point, although, crap, it just looks so horrible from the ground up at this point. Even for a snake person, why did I make the neck so long....

17. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Chibi, I can't see the damn thing.

18. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Click it to increase the size.

19. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

When I meant I can't see the thing, it's at its maximum size, and the most I can see is a blur. -.-

20. Chibi-Reaper

That's odd. It's a graphite sketch, though, and grayscale, so... it might by your monitor quality?

Alternately, it might be more weirdness with the filehost. It's just been drawn to my attention that a few Direct Link images have just completely disappeared again, and it doesn't want to give me direct links in the code list like it's supposed to for them....

Headaches. Whee.

21. Chibi-Reaper

So instead of going to bed, I putz around in paint programs to throw some harder lines and a touch of extremely simple color in.

[img width=463 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/9zt5lxujj/Colors.jpg[/img]

That look better, Lugia? It's not all of it, of course.

22. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Better, CR. Can't see the words (still blurrish), but the pic can be seen.
    Thanks.

23. Ghoohg

Ghoohg Getting some practice in, huh?

Seeing the one half of the scissors makes me think Kill la Kill.

24. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Same here.

25. Chibi-Reaper

I should have a picture or short story prepared for bumping this thread.

Instead, while I put my hat out on the ground, I want to say 'stay tuned'. Something interesting is about to happen as I test out new screenshot software, as I grab for attention in the [NSFW] side of the forums. I just have to decide whether it counts as a quest or not.... I'm thinking not, but not sure.

Well, worst it comes to, I get the thread moved.

26. Chibi-Reaper

And this time, still seeking out commissions or donations, hat at my feet, I do in fact have a demonstration of putting pencil to paper!

[img width=489 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/6gdp2wpgf/SMIRK.png[/img]

Ah... briefly, anyway.

Finally decided to go with it and scratch out a proper face for Ruby, but lots of the details are taking a bit to settle down in my mind. I started off with 'Genderbent Red, ala pokeymanz', but that doesn't really seem to quite fit any more.

There's one detail that is pretty solidly in place, mind you.

A massive, shit-eating grin. And can you blame me?

"Is this a wizard? It's a wizard. Let's ask if we can loot his garage."
    "I squeeze hot sauce out into the brawler's eyes."
    "Is that a Slender Man? I punch the slenderman. Right in his big, dumb not-face."

..... The impression, and expression, just sort of sticks.

27. Chibi-Reaper

I think about Ruby's face. Try to form a picture in my mind.

It doesn't seem to go anywhere. Leaf through pictures, looking for something to click, nothing.

So instead, I try to stop thinking, and just scratch pencil at paper, trying to make marks that give a sense of 'Ruby'.

[img width=600 height=593]http://s25.postimg.org/enfc5cb8f/Foxy.png[/img]

..... Face looks kind of like Gin?

It's not what I would have said, but looking at it it does seem to fit. Probably needs a lot more work, though.

With that said, sitting at 50/300 of the goal I'm aiming for, and growing steadily more nervous since February is a short month. As a reminder, something you want drawn or short original fiction!

28. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=575 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/sxy38b6cf/Eyes.png[/img]

I go through a few different eyes, open and closed, before settling on these.

Some detail still needs to be settled, but general facial features seem to be set. Still very smirky.

Now... hair, and maybe a hat?

Ruby is kind of a challenge.

29. Chibi-Reaper

Comes down to it, I might be able to scrape by with 250. But at this point, still only at 120/250.

That said, polling for Hats in the quest thread.

30. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=570 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/7bafu8yxr/Hoo.png[/img]

So, guess how long this has just been sitting next to my laptop, untouched?

Actually, don't. It makes me feel like I was spurning obligations when it wasn't anything of the sort. Anyway. Scribbled in some 'hair'.

There are some... actually, many, details that I'm starting to look at and say 'no, I don't actually like this so much, maybe I should...', but for now I'll leave it as is. There will be room for editing after I've sketched the hat on over the hair. Speaking of, I guess it was settled on 'beret'? Berets are cool. I'll have to look at a few to consider how they would sit on Ruby's head.

In any case, it's that time of the month, and aunty Flo, no no no, that's not the right joke at all excuse me. Notes. Um.

Well, guess who has two thumbs and is still unemployed?

.... No, it doesn't come off quite right anymore. Useless garbage lines. Your pardon. Anyway, after getting both hard numbers and shrugs, I'm again looking for a sum of minimum $250, and christ someone has to have heavy things that need moving from one room to another or large angry dogs that need regular walks or something, right? Well, and not have much closer friends and family to foist the chores off on for free, I mean.

What a pain.

In any case, still as ever open for short original fiction and drawings.

You know, I think the issue with the latter is that I try to get too detailed and I'm still way out of practice so detail takes time and frustration. Maybe I should ease waaaaay back and try something more stylized and cartoony than high-class animu.

It's something to think of after I finish the hat, anyway. Maybe some coloring.

Anyway. Paypal address is still in the OP, hearfelt gratitude in advance and all that.