1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] Mine.chr (DDLC/Minecraft)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alien-Kun, Oct 23, 2020.

?

Which android should be added to the story?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2022.
  1. 9S

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. 2B

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  3. A2

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Index: Day 1, part 1
    Alien-Kun

Alien-Kun See this guy? This is Dumb. Don't be like Dumb.

Opening her eyes, she was met with a vision she hadn’t expected. Instead of the usual empty classroom, was grass. Where should’ve been a desk with a chair, instead there were trees and flowers.

Just where was she? That wasn’t supposed to happen! She was supposed to not exist anymore! After all she’d done to her friends… to the player, too. Was that her punishment? To be alone in a forest?

...at least it was pretty.

Without a clue as to what to do, she sat down in the shade of one of the trees. Now that she looked more closely at it, there was something weird about it. It was way too straight to be natural, jutting out of the ground at a perfectly right angle. So did every tree as well, and the flowers too. Also the ground was perfectly flat- wait, not quite. A few meters away from her it jutted up with another straight angle, and returned to its flatness just as abruptly.

What was that place, really? Some geometrical purgatory?

As she was about to launch into another tirade about her surroundings, she was brought out of her thoughts by the sound of footsteps. And they seemed very fast, too.

Without any better options, she tried to hide behind the closest tree.

When the steps got closer, she spotted a figure. it seemed to be a man with rather unassuming features: tanned skin, 5 o’clock beard, dark brown hair, teal shirt and purple pants. And yet, when she looked at him, she felt a sense of wrongness. As if there was more to this man than what she could tell at first glance.

The man had stopped running just a few paces away from her hiding spot, and was looking around. His body barely moved, nor did his eyes. Only his head seemed to be tilting this way and that to see. When his neck turned too much, his torso didn’t rotate. Instead, the whole body spun in a fluid motion.

Too fluid.

She realized what had been nagging at her the whole time: what she’d dubbed her ‘meta-vision’, her ability to see the script and to perceive the world as a game, had been restricted. She couldn’t access any file, but there was… something. With some effort, she forced her meta-vision to activate to the full extent it could achieve at the moment. And what she saw… well, it explained some things.

Everything took on a more ‘blocky’ look, with very clear pixelated graphics. So did the man.

She was in another game.

And then, something more unexpected happened: on the lower-left edge of her vision, a few lines of text appeared.

<Alien-Kun>: Monika, are you here?
    <Alien-Kun>: I just want to talk. I promise.

That ‘Alien-kun’ knew her name. Was he..?

She had to try. Through sheer willpower, she tried to compose a message.

<Monika>: I’m here.

Just two words had taken more out of her than she’d have liked to admit. But she had managed.

<Alien-Kun>: I can’t see you, are you sure? Ah, whatever. You can read this; it’s good enough.
    <Alien-Kun>: You’re probably confused, and I get it. There’s a lot of things that happened between the last time we met and now.
    <Alien-Kun>: But before I explain anything else, know this: I’m not angry at you. I may have been a while ago, but I’ve had time to think. And while I may not entirely agree with what you did, I understand.

He… he did? Sure, she could understand not agreeing with her actions: she didn’t either anymore, but… would he be willing to forgive her? After what she’d done? But… it was so hard to talk back. Maybe she could just approach his avatar?

She tried that just that, stepping out of her hiding spot. In a moment, the player -‘Alien’, as he was calling himself inside of that game- spotted her. His- its eyes looked straight through her, as if she wasn’t even there in the first place. It reminded her a lot of MC after she’d…

No, that wasn’t the time to sulk. She needed to grow some courage and speak to her player!

“Hi player… Did you mean it? You’re not angry?” She asked hopefully.

----------------------------

The player could only frown.

“Just what is up with the audio on this thing? Everything else sounded fine…”

He returned to typing.

<Alien-Kun>: I can’t seem to hear what you’re saying for some reason. I’ll be looking over the files later to see what the issue may be, but for now…
    Gave 1 [Book and Quill] to Alien-Kun
    <Alien-Kun>: You can try to write what you want to say in this book, and then give it to me.

His avatar then threw onto the ground a book with a quill seemingly stuck to it. They were both floating in the air. Without any better ideas, Monika picked up said book and wrote down what she’d just asked before. Once she was done, she put the book back on the ground and stepped back.

When the avatar walked closer to the book, it flew towards its body, and disappeared just as it got within a hair’s breadth of colliding with its torso. It took a moment for Alien to write again.

<Alien-Kun>: I do mean it, Monika. I’m not angry at you. You did what you believed was the only solution to your problem. It was an awful solution, but it was all that you had at the moment. I can understand the reasoning.
    <Alien-Kun>: But to get this out before it becomes a problem: no, I never fell in love with you.

In that moment, Monika felt her heart shatter in a thousand pieces. He didn’t love her? Then why… why bother bringing her back?

She asked as much when she was given the book again.

<Alien-Kun>: Two reasons. One, because I don’t think you deserved to die. That ending was cruel to everyone, but in the end… you’re not wrong. You’re the only real person in the club. Sayori was, for a moment, but she’d gone far too crazy far too quickly for me to trust.
    <Alien-Kun>: The second reason… well, it ties in with the first. I wanted to give you another chance. That’s also why I chose this game: you can make most of anything here, so long as you have the will for it.

Monika was feeling very conflicted. On one hand, he had straight-up rejected her. On the other, he did say he wanted to give her a chance. But in the way he worded it...

“Would you also give us another chance?” She wrote, hoping against all hope that he’d say yes.

After some time, which she could only assume meant that he was as conflicted about the matter as her, he answered.

<Alien-Kun>: Why don’t we slow down a bit? I’m not going anywhere for a while, and you… well, I doubt you will be able to cause problems. So, let’s start with trying to be friends, and go from there. That good enough for you?

It wasn’t the answer she’d hoped for, but it wasn’t the ‘no’ she dreaded either! Maybe there was still some hope.

Thus, they changed the subject to the game itself. It was quickly evident that Alien-Kun knew it like the back of his hand, as he walked her through the steps as a master would an apprentice. Monika was forced to keep an open mind in this game, since it seemed to not have much in the way of physics.

Having to break a tree with her hand was an interesting experience.

Beyond that it was a simple affair. Apparently, she was able to use the game’s inventory as if she were a player herself, so she could also use the game’s crafting function. Some wood and a wooden pickaxe later, Monika felt ready to go digging.

<Alien-Kun>: I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I would suggest just getting some stone, c̕r͙̻̭̝̹̲̫͝af̰͝t̮̹͙͠i̖n͓̞͇͡g ̨̮̻̳a͖͝ ͟f̹̦͚̟͝u̫̼͎̼̳̙͜ͅr̦̹͉̹̣̘̳n̥͈̯̭ͅa̴̳̩̩͙̗̜ͅce̬̮͚̺,̺̠̩͢a̜͎̺͚ṉ͖d̶̡̲͍͖͘ͅ ̬̫͇̤̠̯t̷͓̝̗͓̀h̷̰͍̗̪͍̰͝͝e̫͙̭̟̻̩̖̤̕ņ̗̤̲͚̘̣̬ ͢҉̳̖̝̠̝̭̫m̭̩̻ą̷̞͍̦͓̘͈͝k̴̸̬̹̝̦̬͕̞i͏͎̰͢n̨̯̙̮̠͈͕̳͘g̢̲̘͇͇̖̲̣̀ ̹̫̭̻c̛͔̣͈̖̬ͅͅh͏̦͕̦̙̭̜͈ͅą͎͔͕r͏̵͏̳͔͈͕c̨̫̹̗̝͇̜͔̪͢͞o̢̝̹̺̪̱͓̱a͖ļ̻͚̩̰̣̘ ͇̝͖̤̪̪̫f̫̱͙̪͍͍o̧͈̰͞ŕ̴͙̙̪͚͙̯̮ ͖̯̬̬̳a̢̨̡̨̲̮͕̭̻̗̱̘ͅ ̴̡͓͙͍͙͓̘̗̗͕̯̳͕̻̀̕ͅf̷͚̠̙̬̠͟ȩ̶͚͇̯͈͈̦͉͎͙̫͈͉͕͟w̢̨̘̙͖͔̟̳̥̮̝̙͚̗͓͉̼̤̲̞͟͝ ́҉͎͙͈̣͎͇̗͕̬̳̭t҉҉͕̼̘̹̦͍͖͖̺̻̙̯ǫ̺̼̦͍̟̖͓̺̜͎̝̕r̸̥͉̤͖͢͝c͉͇̫̳͔̜̲͚̘̼̪͕̖̪̻͢͢ͅḩ̲̲̦̥̮͙͙̭͈̦̫̪̠͘ẹ̷̶̼̭̤̭̩́͢͞ś̢̮̬̥̪̹̥͍̠͖̥͞

The text was the first thing to glitch out. Next, was Alien-Kun’s avatar. After a moment of distortions, it completely disappeared. Monika’s breath hitched in her throat as she looked around. More and more of the world around her was being corrupted. Textures went missing, or mixing with each other. The ground under her seemed to be moving, fluid but stable at the same time. She felt like she was sinking, but when looking down she was actually rising up into the sky.

Seconds stretched out like a lifetime, her blinking eyelids feeling as if they were wading through molasses. And as she opened her eyes again-

-it was fine.

Everything was just as it had been a moment before.

Monkia forced herself to take several deep breaths to calm her raging heart- wait a moment.

She had a heartbeat. That was new. Until now her breathing, blinking, and whatnot was just simulated.

Monika stopped breathing. After a few seconds, an uncomfortable burn in her lungs forced her to take in air again.

“It’s real!” She thought, dumbfounded. “I… I’m actually breathing. My heart is beating. I can feel the clothes on my skin… What happened?”

She looked around wildly, trying to catch a glimpse of the player’s return. She found nothing. She was alone for the moment.

“Maybe… maybe he’s just taking his time to see what caused those glitches. Yeah, he’ll be back soon. In the meantime I’ll surprise him. He said to get stone, and make a furnace…” She fiddled a bit with her pickaxe as she planned things out in her mind. “Charcoal… I’ll probably need wood. I might as well get a bit more stone and also make an axe.”

With a plan ready - however barebones it may be - she set out. It didn’t take long for Monika to stumble upon a cave. It was a small hole, barely big enough for her to walk inside comfortably. After taking barely a few steps in, the light filtering in wasn’t enough to allow her to make out anything more than general shapes.

Unwilling to spend more time than she had to in the dark, she hurried to dig up several blocks of stone. What she didn’t expect, was a light-grey window to pop up in front of her just as she broke the first block.

[Discovered skill: Mining]

Monika had no idea what to make of it. She wasn’t familiar with the game except its most basic premise, so for all she knew that might’ve been a part of the game. The window disappeared after a brief moment, so she resumed her digging.

[Mining: +1 Lv]

Another window popped up after she’d dug up a few blocks. While she wasn’t sure what it entailed exactly, progress was progress. Thus, Monika was fine with it.

Once she had obtained twenty blocks of cobblestone, Monika fled the cave. After a brief moment to readjust to the sunlight, she took out her crafting table and proceeded to make herself an axe, a better pickaxe, and a furnace. Luckily for her, the crafting function came with a handy list of recipes that kept expanding the more materials she gathered.

She placed down the furnace, and examined its menu. It had its own recipe book, and rifling through it she found how to make charcoal: she had to cook wood. It made sense to her.

So, axe in hand, Monika approached a tree and took a swing at it. And then another, and so on until the first log broke.

[Discovered skill: Woodcutting]

This time, Monika cockedher eyebrow. “I already cut down a tree, why would it show me the skill now- oh! I didn't have an axe! That must be it.”

With a satisfied nod to herself, Monika returned to chopping the tree. It was a bit of a hassle to reach all the way up to cut every piece, but after placing some blocks as a staircase it was easy pickings.

Though, she did have to also break the cobblestone she used, so it looped back around to being a hassle.

[Woodcutting: +1 Lv]
    [Tier up! You gained one Perk Point to spend!]

This time, Monika didn’t really know what she was supposed to do. What was she supposed to spend the point on? Furthermore, how was she even supposed to spend it?

[Hint: open the Skills menu to allocate Perk Points]

“Oh. Well, that explains it. At least whoever made this game had the forethought to add hints.” Similarly to how she could open her inventory, Monika only needed to will the skill menu into existence for it to appear.

[Perk points: 1

Mining (Lv 2) [0/15 Perks] <+>
    Woodcutting (Lv 2) [0/15 Perks] <+>]

Monika pursed her lips in though. “Where should I spend that point? Well, I don’t exactly have a lot of options now… And I’ll probably be doing a lot of mining in the future… Oh, well. If anything, I can just put the next one I get in woodcutting.”

With her choice made, she tapped the plus sign next to Mining.

[Perk obtained: Nightvision]
    [Nightvision (Tier 1/4)
    -You can make out the shapes around you even in complete darkness]

It wasn’t what she had expected, but she knew better than to disregard it completely. If she got it right, then it was only going to get stronger as it increased in tier, possibly letting her see in darkness as if it were daylight.

As she waited for the charcoal to be done, Monika pondered what she should do next.

“The torches are a given, but what else…” She looked up for a moment, and noticed that the sun had passed beyond noon. “I have half a day left before it becomes night… I should probably either find shelter or make one. Maybe I could build a small house? Hm… that would take a while, though, between gathering the materials and building. But the player might like finding a nice house when he comes back...”

The crackle of the furnace died out, signaling to Monika that the charcoal was ready. Well, time to make some torches.

What will Monika do? Select only one choice for each category, please.

[]Resources: go mining (chance to find ores, moderate danger)
    []Resources: chop trees (chance to find food/animals, very low danger)

[]Shelter: build a house (more comfortable, takes time and resources, less time spent gathering resources)
    []Shelter: dig out a room (uncomfortable, takes less time and little resources, can gather more resources. Temporary solution)

Voting time ends when this post will be 24 hours old

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    Ergoan, bearblue, Acerrrr12 and 35 others like this.
  2. ThatGuyReturns

ThatGuyReturns Tsog the eht gosT

Alright, so for Shelter I think for now just digging out a room while we wait for the charcoal to get cooked is good, then make torches and go mining.
    Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Alien-Kun likes this.
  3. Gloweye

Gloweye Qolaassedov

1. Chop required trees to build house
    2. Build house
    3. Mine during remaining time.

4. Extras: Status
    Alien-Kun

• Name: Monika
      To next rank: 9/20
      HP: 20/20 (+1/hour)
      MP: 20/20 (+1/hour)
      Armor: 23
      Magic Armor: 8
      LV: 18 (this is the minecraft exp level, if it wasn't clear)

Perk points: 1 (Mining Only)

• -Iron Tools (+3 to harvesting rolls)
      -Diamond Saber (7 damage, +50% to unarmored foes)
      -Iron Mace (5 damage, ignore target armor if value is less than half damage)
      -Iron Shield (+3 to Combat rolls)
      -Iron Helmet (+2 to Armor rating)
      -Diamond Chestplate (+8 to Armor rating)
      -Diamond Leggings (+6 to Armor rating)
      -Iron Boots (+2 to Armor rating)
      -Old Enchanted Bow (6+2d4 damage, stagger, long-range) [DUR 5/20]
      -Bow (6 damage)
      -Basic Arcane Robes (Grants Mana Gauge: 20 MP, +2 Magic Armor)
      -Tenaci Dei (+5 Armor, +6 Magic armor, Telekinesis 250kg)

• Mining (Lv 1*, 4/10) [1/15 perks] (1 PP)

Woodcutting (Lv 7, 28/35) [0/15 perks]

Farming (Lv 4, 7/20) [0/15 perks]

Melee (Lv 6, 29/30) [1/15 perks]

Acrobatics (Lv 4, 6/20) [2/15 perks]

Archery (LV 4, 8/20) [0/15 perks]

Magic (LV 4, 16/20) [1/15 perks]

Red-Engineering (LV 4, 17/20) [0/15 perks]

• Incarnate (Tier 1/8)
        - Born of thought.

• Nightvision (Tier 1/4)
        - You can make out the shapes around you even in complete darkness

• Armswoman (Tier 1/5)
        - Melee attacks deal 20% more damage

• Nimble (Tier 1/3)
        - Your movement speed and reflexes increase by 25%

Unhindered (Tier 1/3)
        - Armor feels lighter and you can move easier while wearing it

• Respite (Tier 1/4)
        - All Defense spells cost -10% MP

• Name: Natsuki
        LV: 3 (6/25 Mobs)
        HP: 20/20

Power: 5 (8)
        Agility: 2 (1)
        Toughness: 2 (7)
        (1 point)

Equipment:
        -Iron Armor (+5 Toughness, -1 Agility)
        -Iron Overclaw (+3 Power)

-Content (no negatives)

Skills:
        -Hunting 2 [1/6]
        -Scavenge 4 [0/10]
        -Combat 1 [2/4]

• Name: 2B
        LV: 2 (11/12 Mobs)
        HP: 20/20

Power: 3 (6)
        Agility: 3 (2)
        Toughness: 3 (8)
        (1 point)

Equipment:
        -Iron Armor (+5 Toughness, -1 Agility)
        -Iron Saber (+3 Power)

-Content (no negatives)

Skills:
        -Combat 3 [1/8]
        -Exploration 3 [0/8]
        -Tactics 2 [0/6]
        -Building 0 [0/2]
        -Harvest 0 [1/2]
        -Red-Engineering 2 [0/6]
        -Magic 0 [0/2]

• Chicken - Killed: 10
        Threat: 0/10
        Food: seeds
        Drops: Raw chicken, feather
        Weakness: Low attention span, give it seeds
        Resistance: Can semi-glide to nullify fall damage
        Origin: ? (kill 25)
        ???: ? (???)

• Cow - Killed: 7
        Food: wheat
        Drops: Raw beef, leather
        Weakness: Voracious appetite for wheat, no threat assessment skills
        Resistance: ? (kill 10)

• Sheep - Killed: 8
        Food: wheat
        Drops: Wool, raw mutton
        Weakness: Catches fire easily

• Skeleton - Killed: 4
        Threat: 7/10
        Food: none
        Drops: Bones, arrows, bows (rarely)
        Weakness: ? (kill 5)

• Zombie - Killed: 8
        Threat: 6/10
        Drops: Rotten flesh, potatoes, carrots, iron ingots.
        Weakness: Sunlight, Light-type magic

• Spider - Killed: 13
        Threat: 6/10
        Drops: Spider eye, string, poison sac
        Weakness: Fire-type magic
        Resistance: Poison, Slash (low)

• Creeper - Killed: 21
        Threat: 9/10
        Drops: Gunpowder
        Weakness: Terrified of felines
        Resistance: Nothing

• Enderman - Killed: 0
        Threat: 5/10 (uninterested); 10/10 (Enraged)
        Food: ???
        Drops: ? (kill 1)
        Weakness: ? (kill 5)
        System's notes: Don't look at its face.

• Current features:
        -Tools: Iron (can break diamond and Ironwood)
        -Saber: Diamond
        -Mace: Iron
        -Armor: Helmet, Boots [Iron], Chestplate, Leggings [Diamond], Gauntlets [Tenaci Dei]
        -Defense: Iron Shield
        -Clothes: Basic Arcane Robes, shoddy pants

Upgrades available:
        -Tools: Diamond (Can break obsidian and ???) [No time cost, 5% Diamond]
        -Mace: Diamond [No time cost, 5% Diamond]
        -Armor: Boots, Diamond [No time cost, 2% Diamond]
        -Armor: Helmet, Diamond [No time cost, 2% Diamond]
        -Defense: Diamond Shield [No time cost, 5% Diamond, 2% Iron]
        -Clothes: Handmade outfit [Half hour, 10% Wool, 5% String]
        -Clothes: Adept Arcane robes [Two hours, 10% Wool, 3% String, 5% Mana Crystals, 10% Gold]

• Current:
        -Iron Armor (+5 Toughness, -1 Agility, Middling enchant potential)
        -Iron Weapons (+3 Power, Middling enchant potential)

Upgrades available:
        -Leather Armor (+3 Toughness, +1 Agility, Low enchant potential) [10% Leather, Combat 1 OR 1 day to adjust] {Applies to all}
        -Gold Armor (+4 Toughness, -1 Agility, High enchant potential) [10% Gold, Combat 2 OR 2 days to adjust] {Applies to all}
        -Diamond Armor (+6 Toughness, High enchant potential) [15% Diamond, Combat 4 OR 4 days to adjust] {Applies to all}
        -Stone Weapons (+2 Power, Low enchant potential) [5% Stone, Combat 1, 1 day to adjust] {Applies to all}
        -Gold Weapons (+2 Power, High enchant potential) [5% Gold, Combat 2, 2 days to adjust] {Applies to all}
        -Diamond Weapons (+5 Power, High enchant potential) [7% Diamond, Combat 4 OR 4 days to adjust] {Applies to all}
        -Stone Tools (+2 to harvesting actions) [5% Stone] {only to humanoids}
        -Gold Tools (+2 to harvesting actions, High enchant potential) [5% Gold] {only to humanoids}
        -Iron Tools (+3 to harvesting actions) [5% Iron] {only to humanoids}
        -Diamond Tools (+4 to harvesting actions, High enchant potential) [7% Diamond] {only to humanoids}
      • Current features:
        -House
        -Farmland
        -Animal Pens
        -Mine
        -Walls
        -Tree farm (medium) [25%/25 saplings planted. Production: +5% wood/day]
        -Training field: Simple (Gives +2 EXP to Melee, Archery, Acrobatics rolls)
        -3 spaces

Upgrades available:
        -Tree farm (large) [Requires Tree farm (medium) with full capacity (25%). 2 hour, one more Space]
        -Large Farm [4 hours, one more Space]
        -Training field: Average (Gives +3 EXP to Melee, Archery, Acrobatics rolls) [15% Wood, 10% Wool, 5% Iron, 1 hour]
        -Training field: Advanced (Gives +5 EXP to Melee, Archery, Acrobatics rolls) [20% Wood, 15% Wool, 10% Iron, 5% Redstone, 2 hours, Requires Average version, Requires Red-Engineering skill]
        -Stables (Gives a place to hold the horse(s), max 4) [35% Wood, 10% Stone, 5% Iron]
      • Curent features:
        -Kitchen (Furnished)
        -Storage (Large: max holding 500%)
        -Basement (10x10)
        -Basement: magic lab (basic) [Spell-scribing table, Mana Condenser (+1% Mana Stone every day)]
        -Bedroom
        -Material: Wood (Damage threshold: 50%, may burn)

Upgrades available:
        -Material: Stone (Damage threshold to 100%, inflammable) [8 hours, 75% Stone] [Recover 75% Wood]
        -Increase storage (Massive: max holding 1000%) [One hour, 50% Wood, requires Bigger Basement]
        -Detailed roof [3 hours, 25% Wood, 10% Stone]
        -Attic (requires detailed roof) [1 hour, 15% Wood]
        -Second floor [4 hour, 45% Wood]
        -Basement: magic lab (advanced) [3 hours, 15% Gold, 10% Mana Crystals, 30% Wood, requires Bigger Basement]
        -Bigger Basement (20x15) [2 hours]
        -Massive basement (requires Bigger Basement)
        -Enchantment Table room [2 hours, 20% Wood, 15% Sugarcane, Enchantment Table]
        -Enchanting Altar [2 hours, 45% Nether Quartz, 10% Mana Stone, Mana Condenser]
      • Current features:
        -Wheat (+2% Food every day)
        -Rice*2 (+4% Food every day)
        -Strawberries (+2% Food every day)
        -Potato (+2% Food every day)
        -Corn (+2% Food every day)
        -Size: Medium (max 6 plants)

Available upgrades:
        -Add plant: Strawberries [half hour]
        -Add plant: Rice [half hour]
        -Add plant: Potato [half hour]
        -Add plant: Corn [half hour]
        -Add plant: Cucumber [half hour]
        -Add plant: Lettuce [half hour]
        -Large Farm (max 10 plants) [Main action, requires one building slot]
      • Current features:
        -Cows (4 adults, 2 babies = 6, max 10)
        -Sheep (4 adults, 2 babies = 6, max 10) [+0.5% Wool per adult sheep (+2%)]
        -Chicken (9 adults, 4 babies = 13, max 20) (chickens need less space, maximum is doubled)

Upgrades available:
        -Extra pen (allows one more animal type) [Minor action, 5% wood]
        -Extra space (allows +5 maximum animals per pen) [Minor action, 10% wood]
        -More animals (breed animals) [Minor action, 1% Food for each new animal]
      • Current features:
        -Medium (stops medium groups of skeletons, creepers and zombies: +5 to Night Rolls)
        -Lit (prevents spawning within wall's perimeter)
        -Area: Large (Covers the home, pens, farm, mine, 2+3 empty slots)
        -Moat (prevents Endermen from wandering near the wall)
        -Material: Stone (Damage threshold to 100%, inflammable)
        -Traps: Simple (Gives +2 to Night rolls, 1d4(1) chance to break)
        -Damage: 90/100

Upgrades available:
        -Material: Obsidian (Damage threshold to 500%, Blast-proof) [Main action, 120% Obsidian] [Recover 120% Stone]
        -Height: Large (stops hordes of skeletons, creepers and zombies) [Main action, 95% Stone]
        -Area: Massive (Adds empty space for four structures) [Three Main sctions, 250% Stone]
        -Traps: Average (Gives +3 to Night rolls, 1d6(1) chance to break) [Main action, 25% Redstone, Requires Traps: Simple. Requires Red-Engineering LV 5]
        -Traps: Advanced (Gives +5 to Night rolls, 1d10(1) chance to break) [Main action, 40% Redstone, Requires Traps: Average. Requires Red-Engineering LV 8]

• Defense:
        -Emergency Jump (Self+Leap): 1 MP cost, Basic (Adds +5 to your next disengagement roll, or on any situation where jumping high could help)
        -Recovery (Self+Regeneraton): 1 MP cost, Basic (Heals 2 HP every turn, for 3 turns)

Utility:
        -Dig (Touch+Break): 1 MP cost, Basic (Adds +1 to mining rolls for each MP used. In combat deals -1 to enemy rolls for 3 turns. Stackable.)

• Owned:

-Offense:
        --N/A

-Defense:
        --Self (Shape, no cost, Basic)
        --Leap (Effect, +1 MP, Basic)
        --Regeneration (Effect, +1 MP, Basic)

-Utility:
        --Touch (Shape, no cost, Basic)
        --Break (Effect, +1 MP, Basic)

Avaliable: (Each new component is 1/2 hour)

-Offense:
        --Projectile (Shape, no cost, Basic)
        --Heavy (Modifier, +2 MP, Basic, requires Projectile) (Effects will be slightly stronger)
        --Bounce (Modifier, +2 MP, Basic, requires Projectile) (Spell effects will bounce from a target to another)
        --Bash (Effect, +1 MP, Basic, requires Projectile)

-Defense:
        --Slowfall (Effect, +2 MP, Basic)
        --Heal (Effect, +2 MP, Basic)

-Utility:
        --Stationary (Modifier, +2 MP, Basic) (Makes the spell take effect on a specific point in space, even in the air)
        --Light (Effect, +2 MP, Basic)
        --Vision (Effect, +2 MP, Basic, requires Light)
        --Binding (Modifier, +3 MP, Basic, requires Light) (Effects applied to items will last longer)

• Gains:
      +1% Mana Crystal
      +12% Food
      +5% Wood

Loss:
      -12% Food (6% Animals, 2% Monika, 2% Doggo, 2% 2B)
    • Food: 55%
      Stone: 40%
      Wood: 76%
      Coal: 108%
      Iron: 41%
      Gold: 37%
      Redstone: 4%
      Diamond: 4%
      Mana Crystals: 6%
      String: 2%
      Wool: 26%
      Lapis: 9%
      Saplings: 0%
      Rotten Flesh: 6%
      Bones: 0%
      Gunpowder: 9%

Total Storage space: 423/500%

• Challenge Quests - 2/6
      1 - Collect 100% Stone [DONE]
      2 - Gather 10% Obsidian (0/10, +15 Mining EXP)
      3 - Kill 15 Mobs (6/15, +15 Melee EXP)
      4 - Learn 3 Spell Components [DONE]
      5 - Create a Nether Portal (N/A, +10 Free EXP)
      6 - Complete all Challenge Quests (2/6, +1 Perk Point)

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  5. Froggo

Froggo Know what you're doing yet?

For resources go mining. And for Shelter Build a House

6. Ahuizotl

Ahuizotl I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X]Resources: chop trees (chance to find food/animals, very low danger)

[X]Shelter: build a house (more comfortable, takes time and resources, less time spent gathering resources)

Food and shelter first, and avoid dangerous caves till we're settled in.

7. Art333

Art333 Getting sticky.

[X]Resources: chop trees (chance to find food/animals, very low danger)

[X]Shelter: dig out a room (uncomfortable, takes less time and little resources, can gather more resources. Temporary solution)

8. The Dark Wolf Shiro

The Dark Wolf Shiro Everyone Hail to the Pumpkin King

Resource: Chop Trees, better to get at least wooden gear before she goes delving into the caves

Shelter: Build a House, why dig a shelter into to absorbed it in a couple of days to build a house anyway?

ThatGuyReturns likes this.
  9. Index: Day 1, part 2
    Alien-Kun

[]Resources: chop trees
    []Shelter: build a house

"I suppose that a small house would be a more comfortable solution than a hole in a wall. And going into a dark, damp cave isn't what I'd call 'safe'."

And so, after making herself a few torches - and saving some charcoal for later - Monika went to cut a few more trees.

Monika considered herself lucky: every now and then, a tree she cut down would have an apple fall down. While she couldn't sustain herself on apples forever, the half dozen she gathered would last her for a bit.

Her inventory was… well, not full, but very well-stocked with wood now. She had one 'stack' and a half of oak logs - as an inventory slot could hold only up to 64 of one block, as she'd found out - and almost another stack of birch logs. With all of that, Monika was certain she could build a decent house.

First, came the process of clearing out a spot. She had already found a nice, flat area, and cleared it of trees. All that was left was the tall grass littering the place.

"I doubt my pickaxe or axe will do a good job at cutting that grass… I'll need something sharper. Let's see what the recipe book can tell me."

The book did have some options. A scythe, a machete, a sword, a dagger… There several weapons that could do the job.

[]Weapon: saber (medium speed, mid-high damage, more damage to armorless foes)
    []Weapon: katana (fast, medium damage, two-handed)
    []Weapon: sword (medium speed, mid-high damage, sturdy)
    []Weapon: dagger (very fast, low damage, throwable, easy to use)

Another weapon may be chosen in the future

After clearing out the grass - and finding several seeds - Monika had a clear space for building a house… well, more of a shack for the moment. She didn't have that much time in the day left. She had enough time to build a main room, and…

We have three hours. Choose which things we can add to the base. We can expand it more later on. More than one option can be chosen per category. Choosing an option and then its upgrade adds the time taken to make it. Example: basement (medium) requires also the time needed for the small basement. Total: 1 hour. Taking the large basement adds another hour. I won’t explain this again.

[]Interior: bedroom (1/2 hour, won’t have a bed for now)
    []Interior: storage (1 hour)
    []Interior: attic (requires detailed roof, 1/2 hour)

[]Structure: detailed roof (1 and 1/2 hours)
    []Structure: basement (small) (1/2 hour)
    []Structure: basement (medium) (requires small basement, 1/2 hour)
    []Structure: basement (large) (requires previous two basements, 1 hour)

[]Exterior: farmland (small) (1/2 hour)
    []Exterior: farmland (medium) (requires small farmland, 1/2 hour)
    []Exterior: walls (small) (1 hour)
    []Exterior: walls (medium) (requires small walls, 1 hour)

After several hours of work, it was complete. It wasn’t perfect, certainly, but it would serve its purpose well and she could expand it another time. For now, the sun was setting.

Monika strolled into the house’s main room, content to take a seat at the table and munch on a couple of apples. She thought back on several things while mindlessly chewing, but mainly…

“Why isn’t he back yet? Was it something I did? I didn’t make him upset again, did I? And that massive glitch from before, what was up with that? I wish I could access the files, but… I feel alive. More than ever before. I can breathe. I get tired. I get hungry. I can actually taste these apples, not just the idea of what they taste like.”

“...One step closer to our reality, huh? I wonder how many more I’ll need…” She muttered.

Almost as if the game was waiting for those words, it responded with a new screen.

[New quest: Our reality (1/?)
    Objective: Defeat the Ender Dragon

Reward: Next quest, New content, Book of Origin (page 1)]

Monika recoiled away from the screen. She took a moment to calm herself down, not having expected the screens to appear on their own.

“This is new… I’m starting to think that this isn’t just a simple game anymore. For one, the timing was too perfect, and that title… there’s no way that this is a generic quest of sorts. This was specifically tailored for me.” Monika narrowed her eyes in contempt. “That means that there’s someone or something watching. Another AI, maybe?”

[Incorrect]

And that, was the last straw.

“Oh, incorrect, is it now? Then how about you give me some answers then?! Where is the Player? What caused that glitch? Was it you? Where are you? Who are you? What do you WANT?!” She screamed, her worry and fatigue working together to fuel her anger.

[Player status: not in this universe
    System’s motives will remain secret for the moment
    Cause of glitch: Creator, not System
    System location and identity: indescribable through human concepts
    System’s goal: follow main directive]

Monika forced herself to take a series of deep breaths, trying to make sense of the information she was presented with.

“This is fine, Monika. You have a chance to get answers. The player… isn’t in this universe? What does that even- no, no, just move on. Of course this thing won’t say why it’s doing… whatever it is doing. Why would it?” She snorted. “There seems to be something above this ‘System’. A creator… maybe I can talk to them? Though, nothing guarantees that they won’t just ignore me. And… There’s really no answers here! It’s just a bunch of words that mean nothing!”

[That is correct. System may not divulge information freely. It must be earned by User, AKA you.]

The anger built up again. Why would it just not give a straight answer-

[System has already breached protocol. System should not contact User. System will not contact User again. User will complete the quests, and earn answers. System will help User… but will not disobey Creator again.]

[System apologizes.]

Monika didn’t want to accept it. Her only source of information couldn’t just leave like that!

...And yet, the only response was silence.

Expect my future updates to be around 1k or so words for now, I'm still learning how to make quests flow, so I'll keep my workload light while I'm learning. In the future I'll write more.

Also: when selecting an option, copy and paste it into your comment. Makes it easier for me when tallying up the votes... and unless specified otherwise stick to one option per category (looking at you Gloweye).

Voting time ends once this post is 24 hours old

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    Ergoan, bearblue, Acerrrr12 and 30 others like this.
  10. Dreadis

Dreadis No idea whats going on

You have a missspelling on the medium walls Alien-Kun. this could cause problems if anyone corrects teh spelling in a vote and screw up the vote tally program if you are using it.

[x]Weapon: sword (medium speed, mid-high damage, sturdy)
    [x]Interior: storage (1 hour)
    [x]Structure: basement (medium) (requires small basement, 1/2 hour)
    [x]Exterior: walls (small) (1 hour)
    3 hour total

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  11. ThatGuyReturns

ThatGuyReturns Tsog the eht gosT

Alright, normal sword or a saber for now. Sturdy sounds good or extra damage on unarmored enemies is also nice.
    For the house let's go for an attic (so detailed roof + attic = 2hr) and a medium farm (small + medium = 1hr)
    Looking forward to more Alien.
    [X]Weapon: saber (medium speed, mid-high damage, more damage to armorless foes)
    [X]Exterior: farmland (medium) (requires small farmland, 1/2 hour)
    [X]Interior: attic (requires detailed roof, 1/2 hour)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  12. Alien-Kun

Thanks for catching that. Also, you forgot to vote on the weapon... unless you don't want to vote for one? Your choice.

13. Dreadis

Forgot that Thanks for pointing it out.

14. The Dark Wolf Shiro

Weapon: dagger (very fast, low damage, throwable, easy to use)
    Interior: bedroom (1/2 hour, won’t have a bed for now)
    Structure: basement (small) (1/2 hour)

Exterior: walls (small) (1 hour)

15. Ahuizotl

Ahuizotl I trust you know where the happy button is?

Going for essentials. A bedroom to sleep in, storage for crafting materials, and farmland for food.
    Building a wall around our house to add a defense against enemies sounds good.

And either the sword or saber sounds good. Going with saber because I think most of our starting enemies will be unarmored.

[X]Interior: bedroom (1/2 hour, won’t have a bed for now)
    [X]Interior: storage (1 hour)
    [X]Exterior: farmland (small) (1/2 hour)
    [X]Exterior: walls (small) (1 hour)

16. mugnter

mugnter Getting sticky.

17. Slothththth

Slothththth Existence is pain. Give me money.

Okay, hear me out.

Discount stealth archer using throwing daggers instead of a bow.

[X]Weapon: dagger (very fast, low damage, throwable, easy to use

18. Ryan Lozano

Ryan Lozano Versed in the lewd.

[X]Weapon: dagger (very fast, low damage, throwable, easy to use

19. zebrin

zebrin Chopping trees down, and making elves cry.

Can use with a shield. Need to get a shield first, but... Still, shields are basically needed for fighting skeletons anywhere remotely open. That means no two handed weapons, and this has armor piercing.

(Total of 3 hours.)

Storage for what should be obvious reasons, and starting the farm is important if you want to not starve. Walls because oh dear god the zombies and skeletons. And creepers. Dear gods the creepers. I really hope Monika isn't an arachnophobe...

The bedroom is just another empty room without a bed, and can be added when she gets something to put in it. And the only thing larger walls might help with is stopping spiders if they are done properly, but that only really requires making them have a slight overhang at the top to prevent the spider from crawling over... Unless the game is more realistic than normal.

I wonder if this game of Minecraft is modded. And if it is, what mods? Some of them are pretty mean to new players.

20. Alien-Kun

The mods are listed in the "status" threadmark, under Extras. More will be added as the story goes along.

zebrin likes this.
  21. zebrin

Well, here's hoping for something with magic. Couple of good ones in there. Not gonna start suggesting mods or things will definitely get out of hand though.

22. Alien-Kun

Ah, don't worry. I have a full list of all the stuff I want to add, and it'll definitely get out of hand after a while.

23. Papi Chulo

Papi Chulo Not too sore, are you?

(Total of 3 hours.)

Hoping that you wouldn't limit yourself to a pure physical build , but more of a mix , or a necro build , full on discount on all boney and fleshy minions !
    Anyways excited for the rest this seems fun!​

Shaaazaaam likes this.
  24. Index: Day 1, part 3
    Alien-Kun

A sigh left her as she worked to clean up her hands. Too much was happening, way too fast.

... At least, she had a home to call her own… however barebones it was for the moment. It was just a hub room with a couple of chests, giving way on one side to what she planned to be a kitchen in the future - but for now only had a table with a pair of chairs - and on the other side an empty room she was going to use as a bed… as soon as she figured out how to make one.

For now, she was forced to sleep in a chair. Not an exciting prospect, but there wasn’t much of a choice… well, it was either that, the table, or the floor. She was admittedly used to sitting in a chair for long periods of time... her past actions were proof of that, as much as she wanted to leave them behind her.

Her talk with the 'System', however brief it had been, had brought some answers among the myriad of questions: someone was out there pulling the strings, and was the reason why her player had disappeared. And if she wanted them back... all she could do was follow the 'breadcrumbs' that this mysterious entity had laid in front of her.

...Which meant she had to defeat a dragon, of all things. Great.

With another weary sigh she dried her hands off, and got back up to her feet. A stuff breeze blew, carrying with it the evening chill. Monika shuddered lightly, her clothes not providing the best defense against the weather.

"Why did the developers design me with stockings anyway?" She asked herself. "Oh, right. Men." She scoffed silently to herself, allowing herself to enjoy the silliness of the thought for a moment.

"I should probably head inside at this point, at least the walls sould block out the cold a bit," she thought, eyeing the night sky.

Even in an unfamiliar place such as that, she could appreciate the beauty of an unpolluted sky... even though the square moon ruined it just a bit. Nevertheless, the scenery was truly breathtaking. The river's water twinkled whenever it caught the light of the stars, and the soft glow produced by the moon gave the woods on the other side of the riverbank an eerie sense of wonder.

The idyllic - albeit chilly - scene was ruined by a foul smell reaching Monika's nose. It was then followed by what she could only describe as 'a groan horrific enough to make devils cower'.

While the effects may not be quite that grand, the sound was frightening enough to make Monika whirl back.

It might have been human at some point. The signs were there: two arms, two legs, clothes, a patch of dorty brown hair of top of its head. The visible part of its skull probably wasn't human. The green flesh couldn't be human. The blackened eyes were not human.

It was dead. Decaying. An abomination that shouldn't exist.

And it was coming right at her.

I said 1k word updates... yeah. Sure. Look, I'll be the first to admit I had no bloody idea what I was doing when I started. Now I have... an inkling of an idea. At least I should be able to keep going now. I'll have shorter updates to only have one choice needing to be voted on, and try to write something every couple of days or so.

So, options:

[] You're a big girl, Monika! (Fight the zombie)
    -Monika's chances are 50/50, if not a bit lower. Something might come out of this, though.

[] Not a big enough girl for this! (Try to escape)
    -Less chance for Monika's death, though she might still get hurt: she'll need to go around the zombie to get to her base.

Monika still has her saber with her.

Voting is closed.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Ergoan, Acerrrr12, Keligan and 22 others like this.
  25. The Dark Wolf Shiro

[x] You're a big girl, Monika! (Fight the zombie)
    -Monika's chances are 50/50, if not a bit lower. Something might come out of this, though.

Give us victory or give us death

liquid_oni and zebrin like this.
  26. Dreadis

[x] You're a big girl, Monika! (Fight the zombie)

27. Papi Chulo

Papi Chulo Not too sore, are you?

[X] You're a big girl, Monika! (Fight the zombie)

28. zebrin

A single Zombie. Basically the easiest fight Monika can get at this point. The only way it would be better is if she had armor on. Basically, if she can't win here, then she has no chance in hell against a bloody dragon.

On the plus side, now she has a good reason to want walls up fast.

29. Insontis

Insontis Getting out there.

Well, with odds like that it's certainly risky. But what's life without a little risk? Rip and tear, little Monika.

30. Coleray

Coleray Nahabino Overlord