1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread functions

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by Sinner_sb, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Sinner_sb

Sinner_sb Experienced.

While I am admit to being a somewhat older member of QQ, I will also admit that I know very little about thread functions and this is the one that I am trying to remember but cant:

How to I Mention a fellow user? I mean in the way that not only warns said user that I mentioned/tagged him or her, but makes the mention a link to said user's profile.

Ttw1, Seraphina and Ddmkm122 like this.
  2. theBSDude

theBSDude Space Ace

Seraphina, 0vrLrd71, Ddmkm122 and 2 others like this.
  3. Sinner_sb

Sinner_sb Experienced.

Thanks.

0vrLrd71, Ddmkm122 and theBSDude like this.
  4. Sinner_sb

Sinner_sb Experienced.

After seeing it in some other threads in the NSFW and SFW story threads I have been wondering how can I add more threadmark labels/types to my own story threads, beyond the extra, index and the one just called threadmarks.

Can anyone tell me how?

Ttw1 likes this.
  5. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

The list of threadmark categories is predefined by the software. Users have to choose from the list of options. Creating a new threadmark category requires one of the admins to edit configurations on the server. I think there's like five or six categories counting the "staff post" category, though, so your number seems low to me.

I've never run a thread, so I'm guessing with this part, but:
    When you go to threadmark a post, there should be an option to select a threadmark category. I expect it to be a dropdown menu. Just choose whatever category you want here, and if there aren't already threadmarks for that category in your thread, the forum will start showing the category to readers.

Does that address your question?

Sinner_sb likes this.
  6. Sinner_sb

Sinner_sb Experienced.

Not much but thanks for trying.

When I am using the threadmark system here I get the option for the general threadmark, index and extra, nothing else. I wanted to add another option for my story called rules, where I would post the rules of the story, it is a gamer story, so people know that what isn't allowed in the story. My current non-story posted one relates to adding new characters not from the setting that the story takes place, it is for me not to add countless new waifus nor readers to ask for their favorites. Later if needed other rules would be added if I don't want to just write them in the chapter notes or just make a new post.

7. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

I did some digging, it seems that you have identified all the threadmark categories available to you.

The way to do that would be to create a post for rules, and threadmark the post with a title mentioning something appropriate about rules. On SB or SV, such a post would be expected to be found under the "informational" category. We don't have that here, so I would put it under "index". Later if you need more rules, you might edit the post or create a new post with particular rules and threadmark the new post as well.

Ttw1 likes this.