1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Official launch trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 just got posted to youtube.

Renko likes this.
  2. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

And for those looking for the full cover of Never Fade Away from the trailer, here it is:

Call it a bit of a lore wish, but I hope that version of the song shows up in game sung by Alt Cunningham herself. Considering that we know Soulkiller is a big part of the game's plot, I would not be surprised if she shows up.

Edit: Turns out there was a secret in the launch trailer at the 2:09 mark. A message from CDPR confirming that along with future expansions on par with the Witcher 3's Hearts of Stone/Blood and Wine, there will be free DLC packs coming early next year.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Bacon_commando and Derek58 like this.
  3. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

Just a random thought but even if they never decide to remake it, I'm kinda surprised Ubisoft never put the original Assassin's Creed on PSN with trophy support just so they could say you can now play the entire AC series on one console.

4. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

AC1 was just a glorified tech demo. It's barely playable compared to AC2 and ACB.

5. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

Does CP77 have level scaling enemies and/or weapons?

6. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

The second-most important question!

7. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Got 2077. First start: Immediate crash. Second start: Black screen, then crash. Updated video drivers.

Works now... for a while. After about an hour, it crashes, though. Autosave hasn't failed me yet, fortunately.

Between that and the looting system, it's reminding me a lot of New Vegas so far. I'm not off the leash yet, though. And I hope the first patch will clear that up a bit.

Also, can confirm:
    You can put a dick on your girl.

EDIT: Oh. One major complaint is that nowhere does it tell you how to open the fucking menu.

I can get there by pressing I for the Inventory or M for the map, but I still have yet to figure out what the intended button for the top menu is.

Edit2: Wait, no, I figured it out just before the last crash, it's P. I forgot.

8. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

WELL.

I think no one saw that coming.

9. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

And we have more reasons to thank the Emperor:

And while not videogame related, Disney released word of what is coming on Disney+. Along with Season 3 of the Mandolorian, a Rouge Squadron series, the announced Obi-Wan and Lando series, trailers for Star Wars: The Bad Batch and Marvel's What If?, an confirmed Ashoka series and two suprised announcements. A Ron Howard directed Willow series and the return of a legend:

[​IMG]

10. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

Vermintide in space is looking good.

11. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

Oh? They're remaking Young Indiana Jones Chronicles?

Raven1138 likes this.
  12. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

I hope so, or if they do Indy in WW2 proper, Harrison Ford is brought in as a creative consultant/director. But in the Marvel side, Loki looks to be an even bigger magnificent bastard in his own series than in the movies. Namely how the trailer ended with the reveal that Loki was D.B. Cooper. And yes, Tom Hiddleson is returning as the God of Trickery.

Bacon_commando, Imabot and Derek58 like this.
  13. Knightfall

Knightfall Nui Harime lover, Cynic, and Archivist

Loki must have been bored that year to steal two hundred grand from an in process flight.

14. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

And a bit of a

st/[​IMG]

TGA is sus. Saw him vent with a new Among Us map.

15. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

Sephiroth one shots the guy that killed everyone, but then still loses to Cloud.

Smash powerscalers, where you at?

16. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

I actually kinda like this, especially as it looks like they're also adding in a new boss fight. Maybe even an addition to story mode?

UnthinkingWisdom likes this.
  17. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

I did not but I guess I should of because of final fantasy 7 remake.

Anonnermus likes this.
  18. Slider Zero

Slider Zero Know what you're doing yet?

I sure as hell didn't.

As an aside, The Smasher Essence just got ULTRA busted as opposed to merely super busted like it was before.
    I'm surprised that the net survived the reveal, honestly. TGA must not have gotten as much coverage this year...

19. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

The implications that Sony allowed one of its flagship franchises to cozy up to Nintendo are interesting.

Also, Doomguy in Smash when.

20. OverReactionGuy

Considering what happened to fire emblem when they were let in smash, they'd be stupid not to.

Being a part of smash really helps business, more exposure and people might buy more of the remake which stupidly only has the tutorial level on it.

Plus it looks like Sephiroth is going to be the Bayanette or Metaknight of ultimate from what his kit looks like.

He has an pk style explosions, his sword has ridiculous range, he might have a gauge that makes him have a super form.

Which means he basically has everything all the DLC characters but steve has.

But Steve can probably be more bullshit if people let you set him up. He just nopes recoveries with 1 button.

-edit-

And given that he's a later DLC what he has would be the more improved versions. Comparing Joker's tether to Byleth's for an example.

21. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

The next Mass Effect

Velk likes this.
  22. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

In before people say the game is shit without any gameplay.

23. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

Doubtful. Most of them are too busy blowing their loads in their pants over the announcement.

Also maaaan some people are getting so salty over ME: Andromeda even being mentioned it's fucking hilarious.

Velk likes this.
  24. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

I know a guy who played ME:A. He said it was decent on it's own, but fell flat as a sequel to ME as a whole. So... I really don't have too negative of an impression of it.

25. Derek58

Derek58 Rocket Punch is Best Punch

There was a time when I'd have bought a Mass Effect game without even waiting for reviews...that time was years ago.

Drak4806, Biofan09, Desalis and 3 others like this.
  26. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

I was about to say "nobody cares", but that works too.

Anonnermus and Malcolmo like this.
  27. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

I can't wait to see how EA is gonna ruin that one.

28. OverReactionGuy

29. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

In Cyberpunk, the best Melee Weapon is the Shotgun. Convince me otherwise.

Even if it does make enemies get stuck in walls and think they're dead. That's a bonus sometimes. Other times, it keeps you from getting at their loot somehow.

Also: I need a meme. On top, people complaining about Cyberpunk being glitchy. On the bottom, an image from New Vegas and Bane's speech about being born to the darkness, but with glitches.

The 1.4 update has at least reduced the crashes, and I hope it will continue to improve.

30. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

Wrong. The strongest melee weapon is the bullets fired from the gun. These badasses go straight up to a gangster and guts them as they dive straight through them.