1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

or move red leaders and green rascists instead. better neighbors on earth his way.

2. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Only problem is I don't think he is dead.

3. Xelloss

Xelloss Know what you're doing yet?

Haven't we seen Karmang previously ? With Grayven IIRC. Which chapter was it?

[Edit : typo]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  4. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Here.

5. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

If you’re talking about how Martians can’t stay isolated for long, you’re wrong, because they will of course move in a group.

At least try harder if you want to nitpick.

Relyt33, Ardy, Vorian and 6 others like this.
  6. webxro

webxro Benevolent Bystander

Here's the thing Paul forgot : Mars is not Earth.

People cannot asspull in a few short months/years a complete magical system just because, the moment somebody that's not read would use magic it should be a warning at least for OL that somebody is teaching magic.

I mean I can understand not noticing it, I mean after the insanity of Earth it might be easy to forget that Mars is not Earth, but still.

7. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I wasn't, I was talking about how people are stubborn and don't wanna leave places even if that place is really bad for them.

Austin Pharos likes this.
  8. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

So this 'leader' won't let the White Martians leave, but won't even consider the idea the Whites are not serf-types. So she basically wants slaves and for them to accept that.

I'm curious what Martian Manhunter would think of this bitch. She could probably hear of all J'onn's accomplishments and talents and still demand he prostrate himself in front of her like she has the Green Martians do.

9. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Heh, this is usually what most of OL's arguments inevitably come down to, at their hearts.

P'thet, huh? More like 'Pathetic', am I right? :p I assume all the pomp and ceremony is intended to awe 'lesser' personages into 'proper respect'...

:confused: Oh, gods, that's the worst kind. They honestly think they're being helpful... And: 'Divinely Revealed'? She's the ultra-conservative religious type too? This is going to be flat-out impossible.

Ugh, every one of them is... I know it's not their fault they were raised this way, but seriously.

Great, Racist, religious and she knows the law inside out. Just the sort to almost literally hit people over the head with The Law and completely missing the inferno for the smoke...

Okay... OL, maybe this time, you need to try working around the standing authorities? Honestly, I doubt this witch would be capable of understanding that isn't written in her sacred texts...

o_O ...Now I really want Karmang to make an appearance and set her straight. But of course she wouldn't believe it, because he's White.

Because in the former, he can probably go track them down in whatever heavenly realm they dwell in and ask him to come sort things out. The latter merely makes matters quite a bit trickier.

Heh. I wouldn't pout it past some ancient Martian Magus to have discovered an immortality elixir, but alas, no... Of course, on the timescales we're looking at here, that would be like asking a modern Arab if he's ever met Gilgamesh.

...Heh. To be fair, that's a logical option. :sneaky: Too bad, as we know, Karmang isn't dead.

And she would probably still oppose it, on the principle that the Law is the Law. Man, what's John thinking right now? "Oh, not this again..." :D

Yes, suspicious, isn't it? Oh, man, is his face going to be red when he learns the truth.

And a logical angle to check. Likely to piss her off at the mere thought, but...

Ah, but our White mage is the one who taught them, isn't he? Not that they know that...

...Rite of Ending... Boy, that doesn't sound ominous or anything. Guessing something designed to break any ongoing magical effects, no matter how vital...

That would be a lifetime's work, wouldn't it? Working things out from first principles? Could any Martian have managed that without getting on someone's radar? Yet more big, stinky clues that there's something rotten on the red planet.

Because of course it is. :rolleyes: Does she wipe her arse in the one way prescribed in Karmang's traditions? What if she discovered someone wiping in a different way? Would she declare them a heretic? :confused: Am I overextending this metaphor? Quite likely! :p

If they have to interact with her, I'm not surprised they would. I bet her mental 'voice' is the equivalent of a shrill shriek when she gets going.

Yeah, I would bet she is not popular. And if she manages to ruin it for the rest of them, I suspect she would not be facing a pleasant future. Or a long one...

Good. I bet he's glad to be on his way, after that frosty reception...

To transport the Whites and their allies to, or do drag these ostriches away to be dumped? Because I'm not sure which would improve matters more... No, wait, yes I am. :sneaky: Guess which I'd prefer.

:mad: The most obstructive of obstructive bureaucrats... And all the worse because they think they're doing the right thing. My god, these people need some sense slapped into them, preferably with a flaming Clue-by-Four. And now I hope Karmang turns up to do it, just for the sight of them squealing that, "But... But... He's WHITE!"

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They probably wouldn't want to leave.

Nope, he's still alive.

Just because Earth is the craziest planet in the universe that doesn't mean other planets can't be crazy.

Plus Martians can live for centuries, so one of them making a new magic system in a few decades is not that weird.

He'll probably be disappointed that this type of behavior exists among his people.

11. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Sounds like a Dispel Magic cast at seventh level.

Relyt33 and Darko like this.
  12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

This is just one of the things that happens if racism exists.

I'm reminded of that guy from TTS who says 'I am the Law' all the time.

She may think that he's just a White that figured out magic.

And I'm betting some of the Hyperclan may also think that about Karmang, he's just some magical White who thinks he's Karmang, but they're playing along with it because he gives them powers.

Assuming the Martians in this universe have gods or an afterlife.

In the episode in which Karmang showed up it was mentioned that one of his disciples was H'ronmeer, who is a god in most other works.

Karmang did discover a way to increase his life, by essentially hibernating.

By bet is that it is some kind of spell meant to get rid of the magic in them.

Plus seeing as the Hyperclan is one of the most violent groups they probably have hurt a lot of innocent people, so them being given a death sentence would probably not even be that unusual in even the most liberal cities.

If they had a talent for magic, then maybe.

Relyt33, Cuchulin, Ardy and 1 other person like this.
  13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I recommend you watch SNL's "The Day Beyonce Turned Black" video.

14. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Not really. The relevant part is that it's a ritual countermagic.
    Thank you, corrected.

Relyt33, Bramble Thorn, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  15. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Then... why specify Martian psychology at all? :confused:

Relyt33 likes this.
  16. Flightless Man

No they wouldn't. But OL already terraformed mars, basically claiming it as an OL corp protectorate. if the Red leaders and Green rascists want to oppose eqality, choose your side in the war and move the assholes to some out of they way world. By force when nescesary. I would rather have a world of none bigots who owe me a few favors then leave the rascists in charge and hating me and anything i represent. I wouldn't have involved myself in the manner paul already has. I really wouldn't want MArs inviting the reach to move in to spite me while im fighting on the reach front.

(What i would have done when i first gained knowledge of burners)
    .i would have created hundreds of fake ancient monoloths and inscribed them with martian history with M'gann's aid. hide most on the surface and a few near some cities below ground. Release information to everyone that i unsealed/uncovered monoliths of ancient history, starting mass pilgrimmage. all the colors go on pilgrimage looking for answers and find them if they have the drive. I would even have some kind of bigot detecter that kills anyone looking to use the knowledge for power over others.) If i'm in a comic world i'm going for a creative answer not something that might work in real life. Basically busy work for the martians who are most extreme on each side.

(what i would do in current situation)
    being in the middle of a reach war, i would settle this as fast as i could. since this is the situation, i don't want to be pulled between two fronts if mars goes hostile while i'm gone or a reach front opens while on mars. I would be very close to using empath vision to remove asshole reds who are in power and green manhunters who are onboard with staus quo. As fast as i can, world wide remove who i can in a single hour, going FTL. Once i have all i can grab, bring them to some world for forced isolation/ or maybe put them all on a ship with no navigation and send them to the guardians to deal with.

Doesn't Paul have to spread Hellenism to worlds with no gods/after lives?

w34v3r, Cuchulin and Xmaster3000 like this.
  17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He built a temple for Hades on one alien planet in the hopes that it will bring the ghosts of that planet to Erebus, but so far we haven't been shown if it works.

Relyt33 and Flightless Man like this.
  18. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

It was on mother of mercy planet.
    It's been mentioned Hades has been busy with work.
    Paul asked Mother of Mercy how she feels without the restless ghost haunting her planet and she mentioned she feels better and described as feeling less heavier, but not in a literal sense.

Paul has spoken about building other Temples in other planets, but we have no evidence he has done so in any other besides Mother of Mercy.

DrThoth likes this.
  19. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Paragon mentioned Dream as his Martian form Lord L'Zoril a few episodes back, but I don't think M'gann or J'onn noticeably reacted to the news. At this point I'd assume he should have a breakdown of Martian religious beliefs. Hopefully there isn't a god of Red supremacy created from the widespread cultural belief in the concept in a high-magic environment for millennia, but if there was that could be a fun fight.

I wonder what the circumstances were behind the original covenant between the eyeball deity and the ancestors of Lantern Coutara's homeworld- I don't think we're going to be revisiting that in the story.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  20. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Oh so now war is ‘special’. Strangely he has expressed the opposite view on every other occasion.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He didn't build a temple on Mother of Mercy.

He just put a Dolmen Gate there and had the ghosts enter Erebus.

During the Jiggity Jig episode he asked some Karnans if he could build a temple on their world and later on he did it.

Xmaster3000 and Galler like this.
  22. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, he doesn't regard wars as 'special', but it's the obvious time when you might need a decision made right now.

23. Mastigos2

Mastigos2 Versed in the lewd.

I wonder if anyone involved realizes what a ridiculously huge opportunity this is. I mean we're talking about Maltus, bastion of one of the highest tech civilizations in the universe. And the chance for tech transfer is even greater because as telepaths, Martians can lean on the locals for the mental context needed.

w34v3r, Ardy and DrThoth like this.
  24. Flightless Man

After all the time in Sheeda land, I can see this Paragon viewing of Mars being 85% set here and finished in a Grayven arc where him and Artemis conquer Mars.this is leading to what i hope is mars' religious beliefs and/or gods coming into play beyond Karmang. And God battles always feel better with a Grayven PoV

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Well discovered something.

It turns out that post flashpoint, Vril isn't an only child.

He has a sister, Techne, leader of the Coluan Resistance, which is oddly reminiscent of the Guardians of the Galaxy. It includes a foul mouthed bunny rabbit who owns a ship.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  26. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Post flashpoint, aka New 52? The only good thing to come out of New 52 is Superman's cat.

27. Alexcorvin

Alexcorvin Goodbye

*Sees what you did there* *Giggled a little*

Idkusername likes this.
  28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hopefully this Vril doesn't go crazy like that version of himself.

And the Aquaman, Swamp Thing, Animal Man comics, just to name a few other good things.

Along with the friendship between Jon and Damien.

And let's not forget, Jarro!

Anyone who is tired of Jarro is tired of life.

29. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

well martians are into role play

I imagine some would go for it as a fresh start and others would be enraged seeing it as exile from their rightful home.

RichardWhereat, Ardy and Darko like this.
  30. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Ow...right in the feels.