1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm kind of perplexed as to how Gambit is a part of this equation.

It's not like he's doing anything to get a technological solution, so why on earth would Paul get a forcefield for him, instead of the obvious choice of getting one directly for Rogue herself?

I mean, if the point is to give Rogue free will in who to pursue a romantic relationship with, wouldn't the obvious choice be to just give her the means to touch anyone, rather than giving her the means to specifically touch one other person?

Feels like getting a forcefield for Gambit would just hang a lampshade on the fact that he could have got one for Rogue and chose not to.

2. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

This chapter is pure crack. I think Paul was just looking for an excuse to visit... Stark. Wait a minute! Wasn't the last chapter him trying and failing to rescue Stark from the Mandarin?

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Honestly thought this would be the whole cake eating thing you mentioned.

There it is!

Was that orange also Paul's instead of just Rogues, due to watching a woman doing what she is doing being very arousing.?

We were thinking 'Ohh, Hot!'

Such a considerate man.

It's Gambit, isn't it?

Yep.

Well there's your answer, enter a threeway relationship with Rogue and Gambit.

Thought it was Jubilees fault.

'I've seen'

To be fair he may have thought that if the Professor hasn't given her something like that then it may not exist.

The Mandarins ring.

anirocks, Ardy, Relyt33 and 8 others like this.
  4. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Please let him tackle the Jean situation next?

Logan and Scott just need to fuck each other and they could all be happy together.

I get that relationship drama sells, but it gets ridiculous at times.

Doccer, anirocks, Ardy and 8 others like this.
  5. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Untrue.

Demonstrably false.

Arguable. Some would say it’s the opposite.

Then you have shitty friends. Also objectively untrue.

I’ve literally never touched checkers in my life.

My strategy in any boat game has always been ‘Ooh, shiny’.

See above.

Go where?

Patently false. Eating cup noodles has never lost its shine despite the four years I’ve continued to indulge in them.

First thing we can agree on.

Ask any man, 99% of them will tell you they masturbate regularly and the remaining 1% will lie.
    Belides, what if I become immortal, huh? You ever think about that?

Not yet I haven’t.

6. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

Spending one of these precious alternate universe Paul segments I really like on sparring with Gambit is whatever I guess. Now that I've read it I'd have rather seen something like Mystique comes up to Paul alone while he's shopping or something and turns on the charm and tries to get him alone and when they are Paul says "What do you want, Mystique?" because the ring detected the x-gene and her shifting physiology instantly. And that conversation.

anirocks, BBJimmy, Ardy and 6 others like this.
  7. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Word of Zoat does seem to indicate this Paul and Rogue do end up together, which while understandable is a bit of a shame since I've always liked the Rogue and Gambit dynamic.

A fun solution, especially if Gambit is any degree of bisexual (which isn't something I've seen evidence of, but wouldn't be surprised if there were comics hinting at it, considering the history of X-Men comics).

An alternate universe Wolverine was in a relationship with Hercules, I believe, so that's one possible canon source facilitating this outcome.

Doccer, Relyt33 and Otto von Saurion like this.
  8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I don't think so, but I haven't seen this show in nearly a decade.

Though it's unlikely a lot of guys looked to be trying to get into a serious romantic relationship with her due to her powers, so Gambit may not have felt all that threatened.

It's a weird romantic thing.

Paul may sometimes seem like a Vulcan with his logic, but he's also a romantic at heart and has stated he was worried that Rogue will be with him just because she doesn't have another choice, and Rogue may like Gambit.

I also don't think Paul was talking about getting a forcefield for Gambit to wear, but rather getting him a forcefield to give to Rogue so she can wear it.

The decision may not seem logical, but then again humans aren't logical creatures, especially when romance is concerned.

Also Gambit may have honestly thought that there wasn't a solution for her powers aside from her learning to control them because if the professor didn't give her something like that then there most likely wasn't anything like it

No Stark apparently escaped.

He just went after them because he thought it would be easy and they were criminals.

9. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

I really hope she picks gambit. That was pure fucking arrogance.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  10. Dur'id the Druid

Dur'id the Druid Know what you're doing yet?

I do like these other what ifs. But I would like to go back and see how the Gateway segment continued. Has there been anything more done with that?

ChestBurster likes this.
  11. Idkusername

I mean, yes, Orange ring.

12. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Damn. Good one. That's the perfect and obvious solution and I could have thought of it, but didn't.
    I think you can leave out the "at times". It just gets ridiculous. Full stop. Every. Single. Time. God I hate that trope, it's bloody everywhere.

ChestBurster, nobodez, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Why?

Paul made some good points about why Gambit may be unsuitable for her, his flirting with other women and the fact that he didn't seem to put much thought about how their relationship is going to be like, and that he seemed to be more pissed that he was seemingly trying to start something with someone he saw as his, rather than because he was acting rudely and inappropriately with her.

He's also giving him a shot at actually getting into a relationship with her by having him give her something that will allow her to touch others, when if he was really arrogant he could have had Stark make the device and give it to her himself instead of having another guy do it.

That's not exactly bastard like behavior or all that arrogant.

14. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

Whoa, i missed the decisions that have a quick time event. I hope we see them used more in the side stories (since GRayven and Paul seem pretty muchlocked in to Renegade/Paragon.)

ChestBurster likes this.
  15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think that's what Paul was implying here.

That being giving the forcefield to Rogue to wear so she can touch people and Gambit can touch her.

ChestBurster, PDV and moralrelativity like this.
  16. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Does that deserve an 'Oh, my'? :p Because it sure as heck sounds like it. I'm sure it's completely innocent...

Ah... Now, I doubt any kind of cake could explode, so it sounds like a certain Cajun is playing the rival card, very childishly...

Oh, please. Like anything Gambit could do would get through his shields? I doubt he could do anything to a construct, either.

True. Clearly, Gambit didn't think of what might happen to anyone else. Can you imagine the damage that clay shards could have done to Jubilee if she'd been in the room?

And if the explosion was loud enough to be heard throughout the mansion, it must have been big. Man, Gambit needs a smack upside the head for this...

Ah, there's the 'Oh, my' moment. Where's that clip? <digdigdig>

Also, the teased 'eating cake off each other' moment Mr Zoat promised!

:rolleyes: Oh, please, honey. One day you'll want to do just that. Not for a few years, though...

Yeah, You just get the feeling this is not the weirdest thing he's seen over the years, even if he doesn't remember it.

Damn, horny teenager burn! Not that he wouldn't mind being in a similar position with Jean...

Well, you'd think he'd never had a romantic rival before... Seriously, Remy LeBeau is quite the man-child...

Easy there, libido. Last thing you need is to get spiked by the Tang.

Oh, she is just loving being the apex of the love triangle... Which is really just a bent line, really...

...Or maybe not. I mean, sure, Gambit wears armour with sculpted abs, but the personality a bit's of a turn-off. Joy of bisexuality, huh?

Not that I expect either of them would follow The Duke's example of manliness...

Well, that was quick! I suppose Remy was coming to see the result of his prank?

Yeah, Gambit would lose just about any fight they could have. I suppose being massively overgunned makes it a lot easier to be the better man.

Or rather, who it is... At any rate, if the initial prank is indicative of his methods, probably easier on the walls if it's headed off now.

Yeah, Remy really does like to tease and play the field...

Kind of hard to argue against that interpretation, really. :rolleyes: Seriously, throw a pretty girl into the enemy ranks and he's practically humping their leg...

You know, that is a good point. I mean, I don't know how Rogue would take being offered such a device, or seeing him using it, but hey...

I mean... They haven't met Forge yet, but he's probably not the best idea... But hey, this is a universe in which Reed Richards, Henry Pym and Tony Stark exist...

I'll give him this, he was probably not expecting his perceived 'romantic rival' to offer to help him try to get the girl himself...

Ha! Now that's a good analogy.

An even better analogy! And one they have a clear example of. Seriously, though, Scott/Jean/Logan is just annoying, but they way they seem to have handled it in the current comics is just worse... Look it up if you want to, but know that it seems way out of character for both men...

I mean, it is true that, in the comics, she does eventually get a handle on her powers. After years of suffering and several cosmic retcon events...

As pointed out, he would still have the Mandarin's Ring he looted. I'm sure Tony would be very interested in getting a hold of it, even if it would paint a big target on wherever he ends up storing it...

I mean, unless you want to be waiting for a couple of hours while Remy gets a ride... (Seriously, Westchester is at least two hour's drive from New York. They can take day trips down there...)

Not the result any of us were expecting, was it? Still, even if he does find something for Rogue, or convince Tony to build it, there's still the matter of her deciding which man she likes more. ;) Who shall it be, I wonder: The Cajun bad boy, or the English gentleman?

What, succumb and drain you to death?"

Gilhelmi, anirocks, Ardy and 17 others like this.
  17. Massgamer

Massgamer I trust you know where the happy button is?

At least give other people a fighting chance I suppose is fair enough, even if they don't deserve it. Let him fail at catching Rogue's eye on his own merits, not because Rogue is attached to Paul because he is only one not effected by her power.

anirocks, Ardy, Prince Charon and 6 others like this.
  18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Sadly not yer.

But it will soon.

That he is.

Though seeing as he's also an attractive bad boy, he honestly may not have had an actual rival, at least not one that lasted long.

The recent X Men comics haven't been exactly all that enjoyable.

My threeway idea still stands.

19. Jack of Olives

Jack of Olives Knows just enough to be dangerous.

I ship it! :D

ChestBurster, Caerwen and Darko like this.
  20. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    I'm reasonably confident that these are correct.
    Because he's living and working with Mr LeBeau, and therefore their relationship matters as well.
    No, Stark had already freed himself at that point. This version of the SI was trying to kill or apprehend the people responsible.
    That was the SI.
    Maxx, you're not allowed multiple accounts on this site.
    It could detect the x-gene, but it wouldn't necessarily detect that she was a shapeshifter.
    Or Jean could just mind control him gay like she did with Iceman.
    Not yet, but I'll note your interest.
    I don't know. Logan's got quite a lot of facial hair.
    Thank you, corrected.

21. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Ok, I have morbid curiosity in this.. "current comics" event that you are referring to. Unfortunately, I'm too lazy and discouraged by "current comics" so I don't really want to investigate what happened. Could you please be so kind as to explain this?

Ardy, BBJimmy, SemiAnarchist and 2 others like this.
  22. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

In that particular universe, power-suppression devices are practically available at the corner hardware store so it's immersion-shattering that she never snags one.
    It's not even fridge logic.
    It's.
    Just.
    Fucking.
    Dumb.

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

My guess is that she's not using them due to moral and emotional reasons.

Those collars are mostly used to suppress the powers and enslave innocent mutants, instead of helping those that have trouble controlling their powers or who can't do it.

It's like accepting a medical procedure that was made by the Nazis by experimenting on victims. Sure you won't be as bad as them if you accept the procedure, but you may feel like your profiting off the suffering of others.

It may not be a logical decision, but it is understandable if this is why she chooses not to use them.

24. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

I'm sure that TammyJean could quickly burn it off.

ChestBurster likes this.
  25. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Mr Zoat, just to confirm, is this version of the SI the same one that meets up with Magneto to try and wipe out Sublime?

ChestBurster likes this.
  26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No, the one that met Magneto was the one from the Avengers EMH cartoon.

The Magneto from this universe is still active, while the one from EMH seems to be retired, at least according to the chapter where he showed up.

27. Idkusername

The first one is correct, I just think it could flow better, but it's a matter of aesthetic. The second one is grammatically wrong though.
    Professor think Rogue -> Professor thinks Rogue

28. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Word of warning, I have not been reading the comics in question... So, Johnathan Hickman is writing the X-books, or at least setting the current meta-plot.

Apparently, there's some big retcon about who's working with who, all the mutants now live on Krakoa and are serially immortal (via cloning or something?) and every mutant, hero or villain is welcome, complete with amnesty. Which is earning them no favours with the rest of the world...

Meanwhile, as far as I understand, the current plan is for the Love Triangle between Scott, Jean and Logan to turn into a three-way relationship... Which means making the 'heterosexual life partner' thing between Scott and Logan go all the way from 'bromance' into romance... o_O And I just can't see it...

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They basically brought back a lot of dead mutants by using the powers of a handful of the mutants there and now if they die the same method can be used on them.

The fact that some of those villains have committed horrible crimes, tried to conquer the world, or even tried to commit genocide, multiple times, is probably why they're not so enthusiastic about the whole thing.

30. Idkusername

I can't speak for their chemistry, but Wolverine has slept with Nightcrawler before.
    [​IMG]

I haven't read the comic, but are you sure it's a three way relationship and not just polyamory on the side of Jean? Not that I trust Marvel not to fuck it up somehow.