1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yoh Asakura Quest (Shaman King)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by burningclaw2, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

[X] Try to use Reishi and your words to get the punks to apologize to the dead for their actions. If words fail use your martial arts enhanced by chi strikes and subtle Shamanic Healing on yourself to force them to apologize.

2. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

[X] Try to use Reishi and your words to get the punks to apologize to the dead for their actions. If words fail use your martial arts enhanced by chi strikes and subtle Shamanic Healing on yourself to force them to apologize.

3. Zeromaru2

Zeromaru2 Versed in the lewd.

[X]Read their hearts and use your words to extract and apology. You hands if that fails.

4. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Votes Locked.

Tally Please.

5. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Vote Tally : Yoh Asakura Quest (Shaman King) | Page 60 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.1.15
    No. of Votes: 5
    [X]Read their hearts and use your words to extract and apology. You hands if that fails.
    No. of Votes: 3
    [X] Try to use Reishi and your words to get the punks to apologize to the dead for their actions. If words fail use your martial arts enhanced by chi strikes and subtle Shamanic Healing of yourself to force them to apologize.
    No. of Votes: 2
    [X] Try to use Reishi and your words to get the punks to apologize to the dead for their actions. If words fail use your martial arts, enhanced by chi strikes and subtle Shamanic Healing on yourself, if necessary, to force them to apologize.
    No. of Votes: 1
    [X]Read their hearts and use your words to extract and apology. Your hands if that fails.
    No. of Votes: 1

Total No. of Voters: 12

So the winning vote want us to heal ourselves if we fight them?

6. Threadmarks: Wooden Sword and your Fiance
    burningclaw2

You attempt to use Reishi to determine what to say to get them to apologize for disrespecting the dead...however you could find nothing.

Thus with a heavy heart (AN: yeah right), you will resort to force if they don’t apologize.

Revealing your presence within the graveyard you say, “I will only ask you all once, apologize to the dead whom you have disrespected and leave this place. If you do not I will be forced to resort to violence.”

Unfortunately your rather lithe athletic build did nothing to intimidate the delinquents as they laughed in the face of your threat.

“Ha!” exclaimed the leader, “You! Against “Wooden Sword” Ryu and his gang!” It seemed like this “Wooden Sword” Ryu really didn’t you as a threat as he sent some of his boys to scare you away.

You promptly throw both goons into the ground without bothering to pay them any attention, you proceed to do the same with the rest of the gang.

“You!” “Wooden Sword” Ryu mutters darkly before exclaiming, “How dare you humiliate my boys like that! Horiaaaah!”

With a warcry Ryu charges at you swinging his wooden sword with reckless abandon. You however manage to easily dodge Ryu’s attacks before grabbing a hold of his arm and slam him head first into the ground.

Dusting your hands you then round up all the thugs and throw them out of the cemetery. As you leave however you feel gratitude from the samurai ghost whose grave was desecrated.

Smiling you give him a small wave as you leave.

Xx.xX

After the entire spectacle in the cemetery you continue to live your days with little interruption.

As time goes by, Anna had managed to finish her training and moved in with you after transferring to your school, she even openly announced your engagement with her in order to keep boys from hitting on her and to get girls to stop if they tried in the first place.

She rather liked the inn the two of you live in, even though it is slightly run down looking from the outside, the facilities were decent.

Well that and she had the brilliant idea of running a hot springs inn some time after moving inn.

Do you want to do anything to help supplement the inn’s future income?

[ ] Work as a Diviner/Fortune Teller at the inn
    [ ] Become a Manga Artist/Writer, you like to draw and write after all. Besides inn’s that house famous people tend to have great business, right?
    [ ] The inn won’t need you to supplement it with another job.

After Anna’s arrival things once more stabilized until-

[ ] You decided to check out a rumor about a crying sword.
    [ ] Wooden Sword ‘Ryu’ Strikes again.
    [ ] A Half-pint with a lot of anger issues appears.

Xx.xX

AN: Whelp done, sorry its short, but boring SoL what can you do.

As always; tell me about any spelling errors, ways to smoothen things, how you guys are feeling about the quest, and your votes.

Also for why this is slightly late, here’s a hint: FOOTBAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!!!!

7. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

[X] Work as a Diviner/Fortune Teller at the inn
    [X] You decided to check out a rumor about a crying sword.

8. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

Fit well with the oldie charm of the inn. Plus no deadline on the Manga either, more flexible timetable.

Harusame!

9. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

[X] Become a Manga Artist/Writer, you like to draw and write after all. Besides inn’s that house famous people tend to have great business, right?

Anyone knows who the angry Half-pint is?

10. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

It is probably Ren.
    With the first option we go for the Amidamaru Arc, with the second we skip directly to "helping" Ryu, with the third we skip to just before the first matches of the Shaman Fight.

11. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Wooden Sword Ryu.

Bokenryu and Bokken no Ryu sound cooler.

12. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

[X] Become a Manga Artist/Writer, you like to draw and write after all. Besides inn’s that house famous people tend to have great business, right?
    - [X] Use your divination ability to include references to events that haven't happened yet in the mangas you draw.

We could do well either as a manga writer or a fortune teller here, so I'd love to do something that uses both talents just for the sake of it. Making manga of people's fortunes doesn't really work, so becoming a manga author famous for his ability to predict the future sounds like the next best plan. Granted a lot of people won't notice very fast, so it will take a while for the divination aspect to pay off, whereas working as a fortune teller would likely get us know for it faster, but I'm willing to wait. This is more for the sake of making use of all of Yoh's talents than the money after all.

For next arc I'd like to help Amidamaru, even if we don't decide to keep him as a guardian ghost. He was one of the main characters in canon, so helping him just feels right to me.

AZATHOTHoth likes this.
  13. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Since burning didn't put write-in I think you can't put the two options together.
    I think it's better to gain money as fortune teller, as a mangaka has a very strict timetable (one usually works almost all the day, at least 10 hours most of the time, especially if they become famous, with little time for family, friends, etc..)
    The Amidamaru option is better as we can gain experience and don't rush things, and we probably a chance to gain Harusame even if we don't take Amidamaru as spirit, and it would be good as it is a pretty good sword medium.

Kerfirou likes this.
  14. Lalzparty

Lalzparty Functional Alcoholic

15. jake jack

jake jack I trust you know where the happy button is?

16. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

If Burning says no I'll change it, but for all intents and purposes it is basically the manga writer vote with a bit of flavor text and possibly some added fame a few years in the future. Not a huge change, so I'll stick with it until he says otherwise. Really I'm more looking to make use of Yoh's talents than voting on what would necessarily be best is all.

17. Zeromaru2

Zeromaru2 Versed in the lewd.

18. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

Yoh got 200 in total in Onmyoudou, which is where the divination came from. We only has 100 in drawing and 55 in writing in comparison.

And honestly, the fame that coming with the divination can be great especially if we start serving some politicians and other occupations *coughyakuzacough*.

19. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

And Yoh has a 0 in Dowsing and another 0 in Tarrot Reading. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those both considered traditional skills for a fortune teller? We might not be perfect as a manga writer, but we aren't perfect as a fortune teller either, even with the amazing skill in seeing the future. That said a little practice and some studying and we can probably fake those well enough to pass since our ability to see the future is so good, but we are already good at writing and great at drawing. We also have so much background in various Shaman arts that we could write a fantasy manga based solely on those, and we have a 100 in imagination on top of that. So being a manga artist/writer is not a bad idea by any means, even if you might still prefer being a fortune teller.

20. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

No, those are totally a different type of fortune reading: in other words, we are perfect fortune tellers and artists, but mediocre writers.
    Also, where do you think we can find time to write a manga, especially when we will start the Shaman Fight (less than a year from now)?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  21. burningclaw2

Where do you think Anna found time to run an Inn?

22. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Anna is Anna, and she never run the inn personally, as she left the work load to Tamao who trained in the arts in the course of the years, which is totally different thing for a mangaka as he can't leave his work totally on his assistants, or use ghost since the majority will be probably have a lesser skill in art than us.
    Also, the inn started his activity after the Shaman Fight, while we would start our career much sooner, with a huge break which is the tournament, in which Anna didn't even partecipate for the matter, only helping Yoh in the place when she came to teach his team about Hao's notes (which we already know this time).

23. burningclaw2

Thus your argument is invalid, the vote is for the future not right now when the inn isn't about to start up.

24. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Then there is room for the activity itself, but my point still stands on the fact that we have a near perfect divination ability, while our writing ability is nowhere perfect, even with mastered drawing abilities.

25. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

And I was never trying to argue that being a manga artist is better than being a fortune teller. I was arguing that it is a perfectly viable career for Yoh, that even as a fortune teller we aren't perfect (we know nothing about other forms of fortune telling that people would outright expect a fortune teller to know), and that I was voting for what I was because I wanted to use all of Yoh's talents rather than just some of them. If you don't like that then just vote for being a fortune teller, I won't complain if it wins.

Also worth noting is that I would imagine writing would be our technical writing skill, not our ability to come up with a story- that would be from imagination, which is 100. All that means is that we would have to have an editor proofread our work to sort out any kind of glaring grammar or tense issues, and with our skill being 55 I would imagine even those wouldn't be to bad. Now I could be wrong about this, but it is what makes sense to me. Feel free to say something if you think otherwise.

26. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

What I personally wanted to say is that in my opinion being a fortune teller is better for Yoh: for all we know by the manga Yoh's grandpa is a famous fortune teller and he only knows Onmyoudou divination techniques, and he is probably barely at level 100 of Onmyoudou, since he shouldn't have read Hao's notes.
    Yes, we can be mangaka, but as now I don't see Yoh as one. Imagination should be how we came up with the ideas, but they're written on the paper by us, possibly not bringing out the best of them: for example I too have a lot of good ideas, but without good enough means your product will be a mediocre one, and I'm not talking about grammar.

27. Ruisu

Ruisu Know what you're doing yet?

28. bdbooksrule

bdbooksrule Know what you're doing yet?

29. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

[X] Work as a Diviner/Fortune Teller at the inn.

30. cskey0

cskey0 Getting sticky.