1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Skittering Chaos (Worm/Hazbin Hotel)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Thread Necromancer, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer Creator of "mean" and/or "excessive" things

He likely won't do it himself, but leave it to Porkins to find out for him and sum it up. Depending on how thorough Porkins is, Valentino could gain a wealth of information, or he could gain very little, or even get some misinformation.

Winged One and hillo315 like this.
  2. VisV

VisV Lost in the Dungeons of My Mind.

porkins does not seem like the type to do the due diligence.

hillo315 and Thread Necromancer like this.
  3. Thread Necromancer

What makes you say that?

hillo315 likes this.
  4. VisV

Honestly?

Being called porkins.

5. Thread Necromancer

That's just Valentino's nickname for him, his real name is Lucien De Porc, and he's a boar demon, but because Brainiache is all blindfolded and such, he can't really tell.

6. VisV

So, I did another wiki walk... turns out Vivzie has give us the level of social strata in hell.

From highest to lowest in hierarchy (in terms of social power and authoritynot necessarily actual killing power,)

Lucifer: current king of hell and the guy that's gonna have to get thrown out if anything is ever gonna get any better down in hell.
    Charlie: Lucifer's heir, and quite likely the best possible replacement for the above.
    The seven Deadly Sins: we have not seen any of these guys yet. Probably gonna have to get rid of these guys.
    The Ars Goetia Demons: Stolas is here. Probably gonna have to get rid of most of these guys as well.
    The Overlords: Basically the "Noveau rich" of hell. The Demonic Triumvirate, And Alastor are here. Most of them need to go and stay go.
    Regular ass formerly human sinners. Taylor is currently here, albeit on the upper edge of it assuming OP hasn't changed anything.
    Incubi and Succubi and the like.
    Imps and hellhounds. I.M.P are here.

I've actually got the stream that explains this too!

Even got it at the right Time!

7. Thread Necromancer

Huh, I thought that Luna was just a sinner that they brought in and not an actual hellhound.

As for the rest, that pretty much seems right except for where the Incubi and Succubi are, as I would have expected them to be above the average sinner rather than below, but other than that it all seems right.

8. VisV

I mean... incubi and succubi would be pretty easily into sex workers... so them being low class makes sense.

9. Thread Necromancer

True, but then I had more been thinking of power level than anything else. Granted, mortals depending on their circumstances can get access to magic fairly easily if the School teacher is anything to go by.

10. ToxinTurian

ToxinTurian Needs more giant bugs.

Remind me why her go-to option when she finds their location is brutal murder (with, it should be noted because Hell, intent to put in the effort to keep them dead forever)? Sure, they attacked her, but that doesn't make them evil, it just makes them young, dumb, and angry. And them being vigilantes means they at least think they're trying to make things better, which is an intent she might be able to more productively direct.

(This may have been answered before, but it's late and I haven't been paying close attention to the thread.)

11. Kuro-chan

Kuro-chan Know what you're doing yet?

I'm surprised Skitter actually drank. She strikes me as someone who absolutely hate not being in control of herself.
    The hypocrisy in this statement is strong. Khepri was able to keep casualties to an absurdly small amount. Even after Doormaker's power failed, the only reason people continued to fight Scion was because Khepri was using Canari's power on them. After all, except for a few exceptions like Chevalier, the majority of capes were settling small grudges or doing power grab instead of fighting Scion after the first failed attempt.
    Honestly, even though Weaver has an history of fighting alongside monsters, I hope Weaver doesn't bother trying to recruit Battery: if I remember correctly, Battery was the reason the S9 were able to flee Brockton Bay.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  12. Thread Necromancer

It's more about taking out a threat before they become a significant problem while also gathering funds at the same time. The vigilantes fell into the "appropriate targets" range when they began causing significant amounts of chaos across the city and even were incited to attack and try to murder her. Snipe's group in particular falls into this due to being the ones that incited the violence against her and the merchants, while also having seen her face while trying to snipe her and likely the Merchant's van as well. Not to mention that they would likely (in her mind) be trying to hunt her down to take her out for good. Due to them being a significant threat due to them being able to muster the forces of vigilantes against them, and having already poisoned the water with the vigilantes due to Brainiache's vague memories of GM, Taylor wanted to take out that early threat that might be hunting them.

As for the brutal murder and making it so that they don't come back for a bit, that is mostly to give them some breathing room. With murder being rather temporary, suddenly just straight up murdering a guy is the equivalent of a more painful knock out than actual proper murder, and Taylor, especially after being Weaver, is not one to shy away from a useful method just because it might be painful if it works. They know that they will get back up, so they are delaying it until hopefully they have a proper amount of power that they shouldn't have to worry so much about attacks from a lone or even a group of vigilantes trying to bring justice into their own hands.

She was both humouring her friend, as well as just being a little curious. She wasn't planning on having much, as she wrongly thought that just having a little should be fine to not get her buzzed. Thing is she's something of a light weight and got buzzed really quickly after just a drink or two. Not to mention that she was never properly drunk. She was just a little buzzed at most, which from her perspective, and probably the perspective of the other patrons, didn't affect her at all due to her spending most of her time listening in on what the vigilantes were saying.

Thing is, Snipe doesn't have the full picture. She never actually made it to Golden Morning, she died before it happened, it is Brainiache that was in Golden Morning, and was among the capes that were sacrificed, or just not moved out of the way fast enough, and got blasted while under the control of Taylor. He has extreme biases against Taylor from the mastering and got his girlfriend to support him. He's the main instigator for getting Snipe to get everyone else to join in on the attack.

Nah, if anything, Piggot is the main reason that the S9 managed to escape. The memory plague that was unleashed because of Piggot brought in outside help to take down the S9, something they specifically warned against, though because Piggot wasn't a cape, she thought it was fine to not listen and do it anyways. This fucked everything up and made it so that the S9 were able to escape in the ensuing Chaos.

Morphile, hillo315, Ngamer11 and 3 others like this.
  13. Kuro-chan

Kuro-chan Know what you're doing yet?

I remember Cauldron calling their favor with Battery to allow Jack to flee BB, but I might be wrong.

14. The Unicorn

The Unicorn Well worn.

You remember correctly, but Thread Necromancer is also right about Piggot doing more to ensure the S9 escaped through her incompetence than Battery did deliberately trying. Of course IIRC Battery was trying to ensure the S9 were caught while obeying the letter of the request from Cauldron.

15. Thread Necromancer

They did, but Battery was never planning on going through with it if she had the chance. She told Legend in her dying breath, because she didn't know that he was a part of Cauldron, that she had bought her powers from Cauldron, and that Cauldron wanted her to make sure they escaped. She told Legend that she wouldn't do it and would even defy them if she got the chance. She likely believed that telling the top brass of the Protectorate about the evil organisation she bought powers from would reveal them to the Protectorate and make things better, unfortunately, Legend is a part of Cauldron, and her message never got out.

16. LZB1285

LZB1285 Getting sticky.

You're close, the part in question is at the end of Interlude 12.5. It asks Battery to ensure that Siberian and Shatterbird escape BB to clear her debt.

Winged One, hillo315, Catter and 3 others like this.
  17. shakeval

shakeval Versed in the lewd.

would have been the perfect time forna government sponsored blank/stranger to snipe jack on the way out of BB.

18. VisV

New episode of Helluva boss.

Still haven't watched it, will share any relevant lore bits after I finish it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Winged One, hillo315, Ajlove and 2 others like this.
  19. VisV

Grand compendium of lore insights from this episode. Thread Necromancer.

Their is no ocean on the pride ring, but there is one three rings down.

Their are popstars in hell, this makes perfect sense.

Hellhounds like Luna are indeed a species of demon, not a transformation sinners undergo.

Succu/Incubi exist as another demon species, go up to earth to fuck people on a regular basis.

Demons are supposed to try and pass as human when on earth, IMP has not been doing this.

Luna has a magical human disguise, so do the succubi and incubi.

Whilst demons are immune to fire in the human world, human alchohol still gets them drunk.

Demon alchohol on the other hand, can mutate earth animals into giant monsters out of a B-Movie.

Winged One, hillo315, Ajlove and 3 others like this.
  20. Crazael

Crazael Could be wittier.

And a fairly nice looking transformation effect.

hillo315, Thread Necromancer and VisV like this.
  21. Thread Necromancer

I'll be honest, I just find it infinitely amusing that one of the parked cars is a damn tank. Love it that tanks are a common enough vehicle in Hell that I can justify the Merchant-Mobile being basically a heavy armoured van with a tank turret on top.

Edit: Without having to reveal the additional backstory as to why a tank was there.

Morphile, hillo315, Orannis and 3 others like this.
  22. Miller At the Wash

Miller At the Wash Experienced.

Considering what was in that parking lot, the Merchant-Mobile seems positively lame. Maybe Squealer should jazz it up.

23. Thread Necromancer

I've done the edits to Chapter 10 that were suggested, and will be working on doing the edits for the first half a dozen or more chapters to make Adam's dialogue legible.

Then I'll be working on chapter 11 of the Skittering Chaos, once more, not as much action as in this one, but more will be coming eventually, however, I do have a surprise for the next chapter that I hope everyone will enjoy to add a bit of brightness and to show that Earth Bet, is probably worse than hell itself, at least, this version of it.

I've actually have a few drawings of the progression of the Merchant mobile that I might upload if anyone wants them.

Morphile, hillo315, Ajlove and 2 others like this.
  24. Miller At the Wash

Miller At the Wash Experienced.

Lay it on me slim (because skeleton... hey they can't all be winners).

25. Thread Necromancer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hillo315 and ElegiacCrown like this.
  26. Night Hunter

Night Hunter Getting sticky.

Not surprising, I think 90% of Earth Bet was declared impossible to sustain human life and contained threats, like the Machine Army, are free.

If anything it was never show Earth Bet post-Golden Morning, only some mentions here and there.

27. Thread Necromancer

I mean you could probably say the same as Chernobyl but it can have people. Though I was more talking about Earth Bet before GM happened. If anything, were I to interpret Earth Bet post GM, it would be more like either Stalker, or Fallout. Likely survivable, you just need to figure out what survives out there and what doesn't, and maybe see about inventing some rad-x and rad-away while you're at it, or just drink yourself to death with Vodka.

hillo315 likes this.
  28. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

Those are just delivery trucks with a turret on.

29. Thread Necromancer

Basically, though the drawings aren't very good but the first one is still just a regular van that has had some thick sheets of metal strapped onto the sides of it, and the other one would be a heavier version of it that wouldn't have the problem of the first of, if firing at something to the side of it, it has the risk of tipping over. I tried to describe the merchant mobiles as basically technicals that you could possibly see in Africa used by warlords and rebel forces if the turret of a tank was working fine but the body was either shot to hell or just didn't work, thus, turret on top of van.

If I gave a different impression, then I'll have to go and see about editing the mentions of the van.

hillo315 and Winged One like this.
  30. Gaming Geek

Gaming Geek Tired of the random default stuff

....those aren't called 'tanks'.

Those are Technicals. A completely different thing than calling a car a tank. "A non standard tactical vehicle," a modified civilian car or truck with a mounted weapon and armoring.

You calling it a tank before made it seem like something much cooler. Killdozer was a tank, for example. A tank has heavy armoring. A Technical is just an armed car. :D

These words mean things. :p

I mean it's not a BIG deal, just annoying to some.