1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Missing an . at the end.

Looks like whoever said he was going to get double enlightenment was right in a sense.

Just hope these desires don't overwhelm him.

'Honden'

I think he pulled an Odin.

As in died but got stronger from it, like Odin hanging himself for runes.

I'm imagining them going through an anime like transformation now.

And just like Gary he's becoming a better version of himself.

Hopefully.

2. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Someone's got their priorities straight, apparently.

3. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Ah, Kalmin. Never change.

4. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Kalmin don't fuck around.

5. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

Regarding Ted and Dan: Ted has never been Blue Beetle in this timeline. He tried activating the scarab a couple of times and nothing happened. He believes it to be a magic artefact. More recently, he's tried probing it with some of his new magic equipment and while they're picking up something, he can't tell much about it. His present assumption is that it's a different school of magic and while he's curious about it he's too busy doing more applicable things to focus on it.

6. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

At least he's sticking to light duties, right?

7. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Alright! Time to fight q'ardajins with only Kalmin as backup. Too bad Ragnar's going to miss the fun.

8. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Kalmin in several minutes: Anti-Monitor Vult!

9. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

I've been noticing a certain callousness in Pauls behaviour before his death.

He was markably more impatient with people and was more ruthless.

This increased empathic ability is a very good thing, me thinks.

10. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Material objects within the Honden? Definitely shows that he managed at least a partial transfer. Odd that there's a piece of deck plate from a Leentniar ship, though. Debris pulled through along with the Lantern or something more concerning?

Or is he somewhere in the corporeal universe? Man, this is confusing... Though if I were a Leentniar, I would have been concerned if some alien artifact popped up aboard my ship...

A very sensible qualifier. I suspect his soul is tangled up in a big cobwebby mess of Leentniar desires right now...

Yup, thought so. Presumably that stuff will get subsumed back into the Honden when he...

...Runs before he knows if he can walk. I know you wanted to be whole, OL, but this is getting a bit hasty...

"Are you not entertained?" Show-off. Save the theatrics for when you know your spiritual structural integrity is back to 100%...

Admittedly, fooling around with the Orange Light is likely to get any would-be dark lords nommed by Best Snek... :confused: Oh, and the Quotes are back. Welp, fun while it lasted.

Now I'm picturing him eagerly rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet like he's half-ready to leap into the fray...

Good, we still don't know if the effective 'Restore from backup' process worked or not...

Anything to make him a better warrior, of course.

Heh. Few people are really prepared to behold their basest, most unknowing desires, are they?

And that swordmaster did the same thing you did once upon a time. Learning takes effort. If you want this, you have to work for it.

Like a dog chasing a car, he has no idea what to do with himself once he gets it, does he? That's a big question to ponder: What next?

What few records you have of it. Remember, OL: Off-site backups!

Yeah, I don't think Nietzsche ever contemplated people who could come back from the dead.

That sort of detail used to take a deeper gaze, didn't it? Not a quick flick of the eyes like this.

Which could be something to be careful of. Looks like he did manage to level up his Enlightenment slightly. Which makes sense, I suppose he would have levelled up after the whole debacle...

Yeah, that sounds good and all, but just how wide are those 'expected parameters'? What metric could you even use for that?

I wonder if she's even aware of that aspect to her desires...

As far as deaths go, getting disintegrated by Qwa-matter probably stings quite a bit more than having a giant flaming sword planted in your skull, if not for as long.

But you don't plan on making a habit of it? Once is fair, twice smacks of carelessness.

Maybe you did subconsciously re-spec in there. Nudge a few skill points from, say, Cooking to Empathic Vision: Avarice?

There's still the matter of memory loss, though. Maybe you should go through a diagnostic and defrag before heading out anywhere?

'Light Duties'? Like hell any Narrative will allow that. When was the last time you saw a Superhero able to take it easy without something interrupting?

Well, that works as expected, at least.

And immediately checking in on Best Snek? Such a good boy, OL.

I mean, Kalmin does know he got ashed by Qwa-matter, doesn't he? Or did that just fly in one ear and out the other as he ran his little gearing-up montage? :p

Oh, goddammit, Kalmin, he just got his ass out of the repair shop...

Not even giving him a moment to take a shakedown cruise, or look over his character sheet to make sure all his points are where he left them? Nope! There's heretics in need of smiting!

Man, Kalmin must be pissed over the whole Qwa-matter thing if he's in this much of a rush... I get the feeling he's about to engage in some regime change, Weaponer-style. Now we get to see how much of OL's character build got changed up.. in the heat of combat!

Double space.

11. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Well, that was as anticlimactic as expected. The pre-quest power up was just as expected :/ He's back in the saddle even quicker than the last time he got killed so... Yay?

12. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

13. scooterboo

scooterboo Getting out there.

Doesn't

For "I", "you", "we", "they", and "y'all": use "do"
    For "he, "she", "it", "that", and anything you can put a "a" or "the" in front of: use "does"

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  14. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

This pun is bad and you should feel bad.

Thanks for the update!

15. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

I’m certain neither the SI nor the author meant to make that pun.

16. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Look on the bright side, Zoat has now officially reached the point of having a faster main character resurrection then even official DC comics.

And of course the fact that he's died mean's he's the Black Light's bitch when the Blackest Night hits.

17. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

While I'm pretty sure the SI didn't mean that pun, I'm not so sure about the author.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  18. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Paul was already eligible to be affected by a Black Ring when the angels killed him. All this did was temporarily inconvenience him and possibly enhance his powers.

19. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

And it's not the abilities Garett is known for are particularly unique.

Jade has the same power set thanks to her darkstar uniform-flight and energy blasts, strength and armor.

Or a Nth metal armor like Silver Scarab.

Or Rocket Red armor

Or Lexcorp power armor

Or Hardware armor if he ever gets around to making it.

Or Aztek's technomagic armor.

Ted could duplicate Dan just by going the Iron Man route ala his Kingdom Come doppelganger.

20. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Hardware has already shown up a few times in the story.

Darko likes this.
  21. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Kalmin explodes!

22. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

A pleasant return from death.

Hope he will be improved by the extra empathy.

Must all the mad scientists be so unreasonable?

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They wouldn't be mad if they weren't unreasonable.

Ngamer11 and ChestBurster like this.
  24. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

"I was reasonable. Yes...once upon a time I was very reasonable indeed.....but then they called me mad!!"

25. egooo

egooo Getting sticky.

Ngl, I was all hype for Ophi-chan, and then Kalmin comes and meta-cockblocks me! }:C

I'm not sure Paul dearest is 'complete' yet, w/out Ophi giving him a look-over.
    ...No lewds implied, the Best Snek knows how his soul is supposed to be better than a ring, I'd wager.

26. TheOne320

TheOne320 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I recently discovered this story and am enjoying reading it. I am just wondering about a couple if things. I am currently up to "25th November11:21 GMT -5" and have a few questions.
    I have been skipping the "Renegade" chapters, as I do not like them as much. Will this bite me later? Will the two different versions interact somehow?
    Additionally, Paul has mentioned a mission to the Cadmus labs a couple of times up to the point I am at. I quote from "25th November11:21 GMT -5": "The Cadmus Labs building has been completely repaired since the last time our team was here five months ago." I went through all chapters before this one in detail and there was no mission to Cadmus labs except the one that was mentioned, in which Kon got rescued. Was there an additional mission which was never shown in the story? Paul spoke about a mission in which he was personally involved a few times up to now. Could someone explain?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    ChestBurster likes this.
  27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think it involved them getting Match.

ChestBurster likes this.
  28. TheOne320

TheOne320 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Darko: Getting Match is the chapter I quoted. The story mentions an additional mission to Cadmus before that.

29. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Going by the OG Source material,TheOne320, 'five months ago' would be the team finding Superboy for the first time.

There was a brief mention of a later encounter (based on the add on comic books) with a Genomorph, leading to mental hallucinations, monkey's and Joker stuff, that was mentioned as happening that was glossed over, maybe they went back to visit after that?

Regarding the 'Renegade' side of things, while there are tangential connections between the two story lines (or as some people view it, different play thru's of the 'Game') there is no direct cross over between them (Yet). However, I'd say that Renegade does....grow on folks, after a while, and gives a bit of perspective on the main story. As you keep reading you'll run into several more different Paul's that ended up in even stranger settings, so the cast of alternates does grow a bit. Paragon Paul and Renegade Grayven are still the stars of the story, but there ARE interactions between the other versions as the story develops.

Aside from that, welcome to the insanity that is the comment section, I hope you enjoy your stay.

30. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Maybe, but source resurrection usually trumps Black Light.