1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Feb 5, 2015.

1. 3ofSpades

3ofSpades Not too sore, are you?

[X] Accept Azazel’s offer and go to his base with Homura and the others.

Azazel + a group of ninja magical girls. nuf said.

TheWave, ZipLopz, Diller and 5 others like this.
  2. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

Have a like, and a welcome to the quest ^^

kinglugia, Crow, Diller and 1 other person like this.
  3. Scottsman

Scottsman Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Accept Azazel’s offer and go to his base with Homura and the others.
    Hey, just finished reading through the quest a few days ago, it was actually the reason I made an account, love it. As for the reason for my vote, we've been working for/with Azazel longer than Sona if memory serves, including prior agreements before this to help him with experiments and training, so it makes sense to honor older commitments like that. If I'm wrong and we started working with Azazel after our first deal with Sona, I will change my vote.
    I should probably mention I'm not gonna be the best at minmaxing Isei's stats, so I'll stay out of crunch discussion for the most part. Hopefully though I can be helpful in other areas.

4. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

Welcome to QQ Scottsman hope you enjoy being here.

EternitynChaos likes this.
  5. BlackThief12

BlackThief12 Nihon no Kokujin Dorobō

-[X]Call Azazel and tell him that he'll be there in a moment then tell the girl about Sona's request except for Homura.
    -[X]After that take Homura to Azazel's base to test it out.

Okay I'm new here and I decided to take the third option in style.

Alexander and Blight Gecko like this.
  6. Blight Gecko

Blight Gecko Not too sore, are you?

Mi like the idea, except what if it turns out the girl Sona's delinquent girl turns out to be an uber badass monster?

7. BlackThief12

-[X]Tell the girl to find a delinquent girl and watch over her movement, and report back on what they learn.
    -[X]Take two or three of the girl with you to meet with Azazel for testing it.

Does this fix?

8. Blight Gecko

I wish it dude. The problem is that it's an overwhelmingly large number of people on this forum seem want to just blow off Sona's request, drop everything, and go train ninjas with Azazel.

Azazel is pretty cool, so he might understand if we are trying to juggle multiple tasks at the same time. Unless it is urgent, there probably won't be serious consequences for putting our chance to redeem ourselves in Sona's eyes over Azazel's mad science shenanigans.

Least Devotee and UberJJK like this.
  9. BlackThief12

Yep, but you may never know, beside choosing both at the same time wouldn't hurt right?

10. Blight Gecko

I would like to choose the least risky path. That way, we can get to the Excalibur arc alive and sane.

11. EternitynChaos

....Sane? as in sanity? how are we going to get there with something we never had?

TheWave, Mu-Sensei, TmDagger and 3 others like this.
  12. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

DETOUR. A fucking detour that should not last that long. The idea is introduction, not send her into the training course right away, dammit.

TheWave, Zeromaru2, TmDagger and 3 others like this.
  13. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

I wonder if the girl is Korean, remember Reuinion exist in this quest.

kinglugia and EternitynChaos like this.
  14. Blight Gecko

"Detour", eh?

I have been getting the feeling that we have been strung along. Now that we are just about to finish the last important task before the Excalibur arc, suddenly, out of nowhere, a call comes in from Azazel wanting to test out his newest deadly contraption.

I knowledge that he has been a huge help to our side, but why why why did the author feel the need to write this in right before we go off on our first real mission with the ninja girls?

15. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Ask Alexander, not me.

16. Blight Gecko

I wish I could. I don't know if he's here this late though.

Hey Alex, do you know why you decided to complicate the last thing before we beat this extra arc? I understand that, as a writer, you have to make sure things aren't too easy for the hero, but I kind of feel like you are being less challenging Issei and more stringing along the people who just want to get to the Excalibur arc.

17. BlackThief12

You know, it might be a bad idea to ignore Sona's request, the girl she mentioned might be way dangerous.

Blight Gecko likes this.
  18. EternitynChaos

...you seem to think we are ignoring it, we are not, what we are doing is checking in with someone who we have been working with a lot longer then Sona *who we have yet to actually work with* and see what he wants, heck if he has anything that could help then get on with it, you don't ignore Azazel he's as powerful as heck for all he's a chill guy

Bloodshifter likes this.
  19. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

*Ignoring because the person can be dangerous*

You haven't been here long, have you?

TheWave, kinglugia, ragoogar and 4 others like this.
  20. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

You also don't ignore him because he's a mad scientist and you guys know how mad scientists can be like.

21. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

What happened to just calling him and letting him know we're busy, can this wait? He should be able to understand that we have our own things to do as well. We really don't need to always drop whatever we're doing to answer Azazel's every call immediately. How about we try to focus on one thing at a time?

Least Devotee and Crazael like this.
  22. Crazael

Crazael Could be wittier.

Right when we're about to get started on something for someone else. Besides, the testing he wants to do can wait. Sona's request has already been waiting for a while.

23. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

You know what? I am going to advance a possibly radical position that I know not everyone will share: Sona is an overly entitled bitch. She treats us like crap. And if we really want that tour we can just go convince the Headmaster to allow it using the fact that we're the most convincing mortal on the planet. So lets go see the guy we actually like and who wants to show off his shiny new toy to us.

24. cross_grave

Except that she is one of the people who's RESPONSIBLE for the territory we live in. We cause a mess for devils in any way, shape or form? It's on her head to fix this. And considering what happened the last time we picked a fight with a devil on school grounds, she has every reason to be pissed at us, seeing as we very nearly got the existence of supernatural confirmed, causing her gods only know how much work trying to erase the evidence before someone pins the blame on her for letting this happen on her watch. And she doesn't have fancy fallen angel magitek bullshit to help her, just her own resources. She's a young girl who already has more responsibility on her shoulders than many adults do and I do not envy her position, especially with how we've started to upset the political landscape of the territory that falls under her administration. Any fallout from this is something she will have to deal with as well, and she doesn't have our luck, protag status or bullshit powers. We're not the center of the goddamn world. And Sona hasn't treated us nowhere near as bad as she could have.

Also, chasing after shiny is a terrible habit. I do not think I have to explain why.

UberJJK, Least Devotee and BBJimmy like this.
  25. Stroth

By who's authority? The god's? No, that would be Issei by acclimation of the local kami. The Government? No, the Historical Preservation Society recognizes.. oh yeah, Issei as the person to talk to. By the actual residents? No, they recognize the head of the Hyodo Clan as their leader. Now that would be... Oh Issei a third time. Hell's? Yeah sure. Sort of anyway. Rias as well. But they don't actually have any kind of authority to make that call.

The problem is that she's used to Rias being her only rival and ignoring everyone else as unimportant. But Kuoh has three leaders now, not two. Our clan is equally powerful to her peerage, if we're going to be generous to her, and is the only one that is acknowledged by anyone that actually has the right to do so as the only supernatural authority in the region. We hold no contract with her, owe her no fealty and have certainly never sworn to her service. We're her equal, technically her better in these lands, and she does not have the right to storm into our home and treat us as a subordinate.

I have no problem working with her, my problem is she see's us as a minion.

26. cross_grave

She doesn't see us as a minion. We fucked things up for her royally, then came around asking for a favor. She asked us for a favor back. If anything, she was reasonable. Also, you seem to be forgetting that the authority of Hell is NOT to be dismissed so lightly. And it is recognized by the Fallen and Heaven, including Azazel. Also, HSP (which also recognizes the three factions) came to Issei at first because they needed someone who WASN'T a devil or strongly tied to them to do them a favor. I don't recall whether they were related to government, though - I think they were an unrelated organization keeping the supernatural hidden? The clan head thing came later, anyway, so they were looking for a helpful soul to do them a favor, not a political figure. The local kami is a minor one and we have yet to recieve any sort of message from the Celestial Bureaucracy itself, so I'd hardly say we have backing from them. Eiko might be related, but she's our familiar and acts in that capacity, not as their agent. The residents? I can give you that, as far as youkai go. I'd also like to remind you of the incident that involved a certain devil dealing with those youkai in the past, one that ended with a shitton of ice everywhere, so how much their opinions matter can be a subject of debate. Do not dismiss Sona. The authority she represents has more weight behind it than you give it credit and we do not want to fuck with that, especially after we've already established a relatively friendly relations with devils.

UberJJK, Least Devotee and BBJimmy like this.
  27. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Causing problems for Sona could potentially get us on Serafall's bad side. This is a Very Bad Thing.

28. Stroth

After she stormed into our house like she owned the place and shouted at us because she doesn't approve of our associates.
    None of whom seem to have any actual authority in Japan beyond being private citizens.
    Doesn't matter, they've got one now.
    The local gods don't have the power to recognize his in the name of the Celestial Bureaucracy, no. But they do have the power to recognize him as the local guy in charge, because that's their business and the Heavenly Bureaucracy doesn't care about things on the small scale unless they become a major problem.
    While rulership on the basis of "I murdered the last guy in charge so now this land is mine" does have legitimate precedent, I rather doubt that Hell is willing to enter open conflict with the Shinto by actually invading Japan.
    No. We've established relationships with the Gremory and Phenex clans, which is why I don't bitch about Rias ordering Issei around. She's earned that right and we hold contract with her to prove it. The Sitri clan has done no such thing.

edit: But, as I said, I know it's an unpopular opinion and I'm okay with that.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    Bloodshifter likes this.
  29. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Err narp? Serafall loves Sona yes, but it would literally take us challenging her to a Rating Game before the Satan makes our life a living hell through her fanhitmenboys and if we continued it would likely be us harming Sona outside a Rating Game that drives her to... Talk to us.

The same talk that turned a roomful of diehard Old Maou supporters into her #1 Sera-Tan Fanclub. In three Hours.

30. cross_grave

First, it was less about disapproval and more about the fact that we're suddenly popular in CRIMINAL circles. A student is popular among Yakuza. That's a big thing. School is also Sona's responsibility. She was scared of what we might be up to and how it could end up affecting Kuoh. Considering we have a history of causing lots of damage, I can understand her reaction. And I imagine part of that scene was played for comedy anyway, like much of the scenes with her.

Second, kami and youkai don't have any authority like that either. The first are unknown outside of supernatural side and others are also private citizens. On the supernatural side, they have to respect Sona as a representative of a major faction.

Actually, we've yet to be given an official response from the HSP in regards to the change in Issei's status. We've let them know and drove one of them to drinking, but that's all we've seen so far.

The local gods also don't have the power to do a damn thing if devils decide not to listen, because of the difference in raw power. And the Bureaucracy hasn't recognized Issei in any capacity yet. Even if they can, it doesn't matter until they do.

Hell doesn't need to invade Japan, it's likely that Shinto are recognizing this territory as devil territory in Japan, seeing as they have raised no fuss over deaths of youkai. Otherwise I'd expect clashes between Rias, Sona and the local kami. So it'd actually be a case of kami meddling in devil affairs, not the other way around.

Even if Sitri have no relationships with us, they're still a respectable clan among devil upper society. They are not to be dismissed.

Personally, I just think you hate Sona.

UberJJK, Least Devotee and ragoogar like this.