1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Being human has nothing to do with it.

DC also has- Czarnian/Durlan, Coluan/Kryptonian, kryptonian/ogigi, Branx/Okaaran, New God/Martian, New God/Kryptonian, Korugaran/Ungaran, Imskian/Daxamite, Coluan/Bgztlian, and Almeraci/every planet they've ever conquered hybrids.

And that's just the ones I can remember off hand.

2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    For goodness sake, Maxima, you're not playing vaginal pokemon here.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think she is.

4. Twilight666

Twilight666 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I don't get it:confused:
    Aren't almost all of the powers (other than flight) supposed to be because of the Psion experiments?
    And wouldn't that mean that said plasma vision would be something only Koriand'r and Komand'r have?

How did Koriand'r connect plasma vision becoming freeze vision to Komand'r being pregnant

I doubt it had happened to Koriand'r already;)
    Or is it something that happened to X'Hal and they have legends of it:confused:

ashadowalker likes this.
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

In the fic Assimilation, Tamaraneans have gained powers before.

Every few centuries their planet would be bathed in solar radiation and a few people would gain powers from that.

If something similar happened here, then maybe there were records of super-powered Tamareans experiencing these things when they were pregnant.

That, or the eye-beam thing may be something they all have after they go through their puberty cocoon cycle, but Kori and Komand'r got the ability to shoot starbolts from their hands when they were experimented on.

Cuchulin and Tyrantviewer like this.
  6. Mr Zoat

Was it ever explicitly stated that was where their powers came from in Teen Titans? Because Teen Titans Koriand'r escaped the gordanians, not the psions or the Citadel.

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

You did write that a Psion apparently experimented on her.

Maybe after Komand'r betrayed her people and sold Kori, both she and Kori were taken by the Psions and experimented on, but instead of escaping like they did in the comics, they were separated and the Gordanians took Kori, but she later escaped.

I don't think it was stated if their powers were natural or due to experimentation, but if they were because of experimentation, then maybe you can use my above theory as for what happened in your version of the TT cartoon universe.

And that whole 'bathed in radiation every few centuries and gaining powers' for how Kori would know ice beams were a sign of pregnancy.

Or that eye beams were something every Tamaranean had, but due to experimentation, Kori and her sister also have the power to shoot energy from their hands.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    Bramble Thorn, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  8. Mr Zoat

How did she know that activating her super strength required a particular emotion?

9. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Trial and error?

Cuchulin, Ardy and Darko like this.
  10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Maybe that's something every Tamaranean can do.

They all have super strength, compared to humans, and Kori may just be stronger due to the experiments.

And if she was trained by the Warlords of Okaara, then maybe they taught her certain techniques that will allow her to become stronger.

Or again, there's the Assimilation thing where others have gotten powers before and it may be recorded.

Or before she escaped, the Gordanians wanted to test out her fighting ability and she figured out certain emotions made her powers work in different ways.

Cuchulin likes this.
  11. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

I'd have likened it to the Borg myself, but yeah. The Almeraci would conquer a planet, if the planet was impressive enough, one of the survivors would be "lucky" enough to be the sex slave of the person who committed an act of genocide against their people.

So Maxima's ancestors were probably rolling in their graves that Maxima's idea of foreplay don't include genocide, conquest, and rape.

Kind a makes one wonder what the GLC was doing all that time that the Almeraci Empire was genociding its way to apotheosis.

I always figured that Tamaraneans in the titans cartoon just naturally had starbolts, flight, and strength.

Chaoswind, Cuchulin, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Just a theory of mine, but maybe they were too busy with the Reach to bother with Almerac at the time, and after they finished their war they told the Almeraci to stop what they were doing, and that's why Maxima does things the way she does.

Because if she tried it the way of her ancestors, then the GLC pays her a visit.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  13. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Seems things have been going very well for Raul.
    Wonder if it was seeing how OP his alts have become or just fighting a high-end demon that prompted his enlightenment?

Title is a little concerning. Liberty isn’t something you want killed in most circumstances.

Prince Charon likes this.
  14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think it's a kind of a joke that now aside from having a ball and chain, which is Komand'r and fits her much, much better than calling any other wife that, what with her basically being Bitch Queen Supreme and selling people into slavery, he now also has a kid and has lost some of his freedom.

The previous chapters where he showed up were called Sororicide and Uxoricide, which means the killing of a sister and the killing of a lover, but no sister or lover died during those chapters and was just a play of words in the episode in which Komand'r first showed up in the cartoon and on the relationship between Raul, or Red Daddy, and Komand'r for the second.

15. GhostKing 666

GhostKing 666 Know what you're doing yet?

That's the comics. In the Teen Titans cartoon, all Tamaraneans can do starbolts and developing eyebeams is a full on puberty thing(complete with an episode dedicated to it).

16. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Ah well, congratulations?

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I don't really remember any other Tamaraneans displaying such abilities, and I thought that if she got eye beams post puberty then it may be because her puberty adapted to the experiments and gave her those.

18. GhostKing 666

GhostKing 666 Know what you're doing yet?

When Raven and Starfire switch bodies, Starfire talks like her powers are just normal Tamaranean powers that they all have.

19. Clell65619

Clell65619 Making the rounds.

I know it's the wrong version of the Titans, but this needed to cut to Bruce and Gordon together laughing.

20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If this is true then maybe Komand'r was the only one that was experimented upon, and the disease that robbed her of flight also robbed her of the starbolts.

Though I don't think it was ever mentioned in the tie in comics if she had this disease.

I think Kori just got more attention than her, but nothing about the Citadel attacking on the day of her birth or about any disease.

Cuchulin likes this.
  21. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

The Teen Titans incarnation of the species is actually pretty damn different from their usual portrayal.

In the Teen Titans cartoon, all Tamaraneans have the same powers that Starfire and Blackfire can use.

The Psions are never mentioned. I think all we're really told about the rest of their part of space is that Blackfire handed Starfire over to the Gordanians in exchange for the Gordanians not invading Tamaran. Whereas in the comics Blackfire helped them in their invasion and they were almost driven to extinction before they surrendered.

So I'd say the fact that they were never invaded in the cartoon is a pretty big change.

In the comics they were also supposed to be a pretty peaceful race, but in the cartoon they're a warrior civilization.

Tamaraneans are principally a warrior culture. Children are brought up to be tough and self-reliant; weakness is frowned upon. While personal affection is permissible, it apparently must not be shown in general public, or at least to strangers.

Though apparently one of the things they value the most is friendship, complete with some special friendship festival.

22. Mr Zoat

No. He just hated Trigon that much that it overrode all of the normal civilised blocks people put on their hatreds.
    If you have children, you no longer have liberty. You are bound to them. Your first job is bringing them up.

23. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

What's the name of the Crisis of Infinite Pails episode again? I wanted to check something.

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Komand'r actually did betray her people by giving info to the Gordanians in the TT cartoon, who did invade the planet.

It was shown in one of the tie in comics.

I also think that TT Komand'r betrayed her people and sold her sister just because they seemed to like her more, instead of her losing the throne due to a disease.

And I also think that they were a warrior race in the comics, but while they valued martial skills they also valued friendship and kept their warrior ways out of a sense of ceremony and tradition, but were otherwise peaceful and non aggressive.

The only version of Komand'r who gave her sister away, but did not betray her people, was the n52 one, who would do a lot to protect her people, but otherwise regretted it and still loved her sister.

Called it.

Repetition and Duplication.

It's a two parter.

25. Mr Zoat

Ah. I was thinking of... The recent comic. The version who looks like a fat Raven.

26. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

God almighty, why do you think of that instead of repressing it like a normal person?

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If Zoats personality is even half like what his SI's is, then calling him normal may be a bit of a stretch.

28. Hotcoco

Hotcoco Making the rounds.

Ok, I am sorta confused so one of the Paul's got sent to thunder cat land , did that same paul also go to worm, how? He was talking to nodburg I think at one point, how did he get from thunder cats to worm?

Cuchulin likes this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Apparently a Tinker managed to open a portal to Third Earth and left some of their stuff there.

Lord Protector Paul discovered said stuff and managed to travel to Earth Bet.

Now he's killing criminals and making deals with deranged psychopaths.

Ngamer11, Ardy and Cuchulin like this.
  30. Hotcoco

Hotcoco Making the rounds.

Oh what post are those named again sorta want to re read them