1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gamer: Year of the Pig edition

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by ClayZombie, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Index: Chapter 1
    ClayZombie

ClayZombie I prefer Monsters

Where am I? What is this? I'm floating in a v o i d . . . I'm S Le e PY. . . .

[×#@=%]

What? What's that? It's bright, why is it there? I just want to sleep.

How long has it been? The bright thing won't leave. I want to sleep.

[S#& *f S€£th a@ded]

It hurts. But what hurts? It's in my center. It won't leave! stop. Stop! STOP! STOP! And stop being bright! I should put them together and make them only one problem. I open something on my face and push it into myself, close to the pain.

[$!n 0£ GГuttθny @dd€d]

The pain stops and the brightness is gone. I'm happy. Time to sleep.

The brightness is back. Why is it back?

[Welcome Gamer]

What's a gamer? Why do I know how to read? Wait, what's reading? Why, would I ask that!? Of course I know how to read. I love reading! Do I?

[Wonderful! You're cognizant! I'm The Gamer System assigned to you, lovingly called Fr4-NKY, or Franky. Unfortunately, your soul was in storage for far too long and that screwed up your code, causing it to leak into the Void and surrounding codes. I've been trying to get it back in order, but while I was fixing it, your soul lashed out at me. My own code assigned traits to you every time you lashed out as an automatic penalty. But we'll deal with that when we can.]

What's happening!? Who am I? Who are you!?

[Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and activate Gamer's Mind.]

What do you m-! Oh, that was really refreshing. Like a wave of cold water, just washed over my mind. I still feel the panic, it's just not at the forefront.

[Yes, that was Gamer's Mind. A Skill given to most gamers to help them survive their initial world. Now onto the first step! What's your name?]

I… uh? What is my name?

[Psst. Just make one up, I couldn't find most of your memory.]

Oh. Umm… I guess… Salt?

[What?]
    [Just what, like the mineral?]

Yeah, I like it. Is- is it not good?

[No! No. Its just… underwhelming for a Gamer. But you're the Gamer and this is your choice, Salt.]

Thank you. I. I appreciate that. Umm. What's next?

[Oh, now we select your Race. You have the bog standard Human and three other randomized choices. One equal to Human, one better, and one worse.]
    [?][?][?][?]

Am I supposed to choose randomly? Cause if so I'll take the last one.

[Ooh, I wonder what it is! I stopped myself from peaking so we could both go in blind.]
    [Race:Swinub chosen!]
    [Racial Skill: Swinub Physiology added]
    [Skill: Geomancy Novice added]
    [Skill: Cryomancy Novice added]
    [Primary sense is now scent]
    [Perk: SnowCloak added]
    [D'aww. You're gonna be a little piggie!]

I'm gonna be a pig, like pink and bacon? But those skills sure do make me think whatever a swinub is, I'm gonna be trouncing Fire users!

[Now normally I'd ask you what world you would want, but you have no context on these choices, so I just hit random.]
    [Ok! Let's get to your Class! But I gotta tell you now, because of your Race you can't choose classes that Align with Fire, Draconic, Air, or Electric elements.]

Crap, I really wanted air magic.

[Wh- oh. When Pigs fly, Duh. I'm just gonna show you your class options now, before I can make myself look dumber.]
    [Physical][Skill][Magic]

I'll take Physical. The word Ganon keeps popping in my head, and I feel like I'll need to be big for that.

[Berserker] [Tank] [Earthbender] [Firebender(Locked)] [Swordsman(Locked)] [MartialArtist(Locked)] [Carrier]

Oh, I'll take Tank! I think that would get me some size for whatever Ganon is.

[Class: Tank added]
    [Tank: “The man exuded safety in the same way a tank promised protection. A tank might be dangerous, but only if you got in its way.”-Cindy Skaggs. +7 End and +3 Str per level.]
    [Medium and Heavy armor proficiency(Novice) added]
    [Skill:Wall added]

[Normally this is where I'd offer you a chance to roll for Perks and Traits, buuuut since two traits were already added to you, I can just give you two random Perks! let's see what they are!]

[Perk: Bound Elements- You will be able to level pairs of elements up simultaneously]
    [Perk: Stamina Caster- you will be able to substitute Mp with Sp for an extra 50% cost]

[Okay, so maaaaybe I nudged the Perks a little bit. But, hey you're going into this blind. Unlike other Gamers.]

Thank you Franky, you actually give me hope I'll live through this game.

[I guess it's time to send you off. Don't worry though! I'll still be with you and the more power you have, the easier it'll be to find and fix your code! So carry on my wayward son!]

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Urghh, why does everything smell like copper? No scratch that it smells like copper and shit and dirt and snow an-[Gamer's Mind activated] oh thank you. I can smell something large and very dead hunched over me. With my eyes I'm only able to see a large white lump with crimson almost covering the smaller lump that I assume is it's head. Shifting a little to the side, I tumble out of something and land on my side. Shakily righting myself, I quickly find out I'm a quadruped. Looking to where I fell, I see a shattered yellowish eggshell. What? Feeling the thick gooey stuff all over my bare skin, I can only think, " I thought I was going to be a mammal?"

[Hey Salt! How ar- oof. Looks like something ate your mother. At least she stopped it from crushing your egg.]

Ignoring, the very brain scratching, delema on being an egg born mammal. (The word "platypus" echoes in my head) Hi Franky. Do you mind explaining how to use the game stuff now? And what's all over me?

[That's what I'm here for. First things first, think Menu. Second thing, I would recommend eating that goop.]

Hesitantly, I stick my tongue out and lick some of the goo off of my wrinkly, pink skin. Ohhum, sorta tastes like egg whites. Continuing to lick up the goo that was my home, I mentally say 'Menu!'.

[Menu]
    Status
    Inventory
    Quests
    Map
    Settings
    Help

[Okay, Statuts will show your stat sheet and all of your skills. Inventory will allow you to store anything you want into a timeless, infinite pocket-space.Quest will display any active quests or nearby available quests. Map is obviously a world map that fills out as you explore, it'll also show nearby enemies and allies. Settings are very buggy right now, so we'll skip it for now. Help is basically an ask bar for when I'm unable to respond to you. You'll unlock the rest as you progress or receive updates for the Game. Do ya have any questions?]

While this wall of text was filling out, I had crawled into the base of my egg to get some more of the goo. Poking my head above the side of the shell, I read it all and try to think of anything that pops into mind. "I can't think of anything right now, so what's next?"

[Let's check your Status.]

Nodding along, I'm about to do just that when I feel an itchy sensation all over my body. Suddenly a coat of peanut colored fur begins growing rapidly. And as soon as that was done, I felt a second wave coming o- GAHH! FUCK! That itches so much! I thrash around trying to relieve it, letting out high-pitched squeals. Falling out of the eggshell and to the ground. Calming down after a minute, I feel a thicker coat underneath my first. Note to self, Kill anyone who tries to shave me, with prejudice.

[That sounded painful. Maybe I should have read up on Swinub's biology.]

Okay, what were we doing before I felt like a fire ant's chew toy? Oh yeah, Status.

Name: Salt
    Race: Swinub (0/3 to evolve)
    Class: Tank lvl.1
    Hp: 230/230 ((100×lvl)+(Str×10))
    Mp: 200/200 ((100×lvl)+(Int×10))
    Sp: 270/270 ((100×lvl)+(End×10))
    Str:13
    End:17
    Dex:10
    Int:10
    Wis:10
    Cha:10
    Lck:10
    [Perks&Skills]
    Swinub Physiology lvl.Max: Beginning life in frozen caverns have gifted the Swinub line (Elphas Swine) Ice properties granting it an immunity to the cold and some control over the element, but their true connection is to the Earth. Able to dig through stone and mud as if it was sand, these swine easily toss the stuff around to defend themselves and dampen their highly flammable Fur. Immunity to Electro based attacks. Halved damage from Cryo based attacks. Double damage from Pyro based attacks. Burning lasts twice as long.

Cryomancy Novice lvl.1: You have started the long journey of learning to control Ice. Better start stripping to get better. Cryo spells cost 5% less and slow 10% longer.

Geomancy Novice Lvl.1: You have started the long journey of learning to control Earth. Time to get the mud between your toes. Geo spells cost 5% less and have 10% more durability.

Wall lvl.1: By planting yourself in place and bracing you take 1% less damage and halved knock-back. You could probably take a stiff breeze. Maybe.

Novice Medium-Heavy Armor lvl.1: You understand how to strap heavy stuff onto you. Weight of armor decreased by 2%

SnowCloak: Truly, you are one with the Ice. You are capable of moving through snow and ice as if it wasn't there and seemingly disappear when among it.

Bound Elements: You never understood how others could focus on a single element. Learning a new element will allow you to freely choose a secondary element. Elemental Pairs will both receive 100% of the experience earned. Focusing on a single element is near impossible.

Stamina Caster: What you might lack in Magic, you can force through the force of Will. Or boneheadedness. you will be able to substitute Mp with Sp for an extra 50% cost.

Sin of Gluttony: By having the sin of gluttony written unto your soul, you now have it's traits. If you haven't eaten in the past 12 hours all stats are halved and all regeneration is halted. By eating the corpse of an enemy you have defeated, you will receive an additional 200% exp.

Sin of Sloth: By having the sin of sloth written unto your soul, you now have it's traits. If you haven't rested in the past 12 hours all stats are halved and all regeneration is halted. When resting you envelope yourself in a bubble that has a durability equal to your End×2.

Huh, hopefully I don't run into Fire mages. Anyways, Franky, what's the name of this world? I might remember.

[It's Avatar The Last Airbender. Good luck, im going data mining now.]

2. Stormbringer117

Stormbringer117 Soulless

I think the word for this kind of fic is TrailBlazer.

This is going to very good. I can tell!

ClayZombie and xizsec01 like this.
  3. ArcaneReader

ArcaneReader Master Of The Arcane (Not)

Not sure how I feel about the swinub thing but otherwise seems pretty cool.

ClayZombie likes this.
  4. Domar7431

Domar7431 Not too sore, are you?

When I saw Sin of Sloth and Sin of Gluttony I thought he got the MonRein cyoa powers, which are pretty damn good.

Sage Hidden Bear and Toguro like this.
  5. RThomas

RThomas Not too sore, are you?

Okay I’m just imagining him being like the mascot for team avatar until he eventually evolves and becomes a fucking beast. Then I imagine him like 10 times larger than the average mamoswine in Legend of Korra, just like sleeping when team korra finds him and they think he’s like a hill or something but her polar bear dog won’t go anywhere near him out of fear lol. Just for reference Mamoswine is 8 ft tall and 650 pounds according to the Pokédex, so like 80 feet tall and like 3 tons of pure awesomeness.

Toguro, ClayZombie and xizsec01 like this.
  6. ClayZombie

Oh hoho, you think he'd be that small. I fully intend for Calamity Ganon to look up at him

RThomas, Toguro and xizsec01 like this.
  7. Sig

Sig Making the rounds.

I really hope he won't be a pet for someone or just try to help humans just because he was one a lot of non human fics do that I wonder why,become a true calamity beast stomp a few villages eat the food of others XD

ClayZombie likes this.
  8. xizsec01

xizsec01 Making the rounds.

there is no gamer mind description in the list?

ClayZombie likes this.
  9. ClayZombie

Shhh! No one was supposed to notice that yet.

Unclesup, irontony9065 and xizsec01 like this.
  10. irontony9065

irontony9065 Making the rounds.

This could be a good story.

Hope to see more soon.

ClayZombie likes this.
  11. Unclesup

Unclesup Know what you're doing yet?

I think this is the only sfw story I've read/going to on this site

ClayZombie likes this.
  12. ClayZombie

Good news, the Chapter's almost finished! I just need to go back and reread it make some adjustments to make it read better and fix spelling errors.

RThomas, xizsec01, Sig and 2 others like this.
  13. Index: Chapter 2, eletric boog-a-loo
    ClayZombie

Dismissing the screens in front of me, I turn towards the giant white thing. Looks like I found my food source for the next few days. Walking closer untill im almost touching the thing with my nos-er snout, a black screen pops-up above it.

[Polarbear Dog lvl.13]
    [HP: Deceased]

Uh, did that happen because I got close to it or because I focused on it? And is that some breed of dog that hunts polarbears? Ill find out later. Now, how do. I get this into my Inventory? Thinking about Inventory, caused a screen to pop-up with lots of little boxes to pop up. Well, at least I dont have to go through my Menu every time I want my Inventory. Okay, lets see if this works. Biting onto the large dog, I pull the skin as much as I can towards the screen. When the large teeth on my bottom jaw pierce the skin and I taste the sweet- delicious- blood!

[Sin of Gluttony triggered]

Its so good! I have to have a bite! Mmm! Another! Another! Maybe one more! So Crunchy! Ohhh that's so good! Uhff, why does my stomach hurt? I feel so full and stretched.

[Overindulgent status effect acquired]

Backing up and huffing, U feel sticky blood all over my face and head. I only ate a few bites right? Looking back to the corpse, a tenth of it is gone and a slowly growing puddle of red is spreading across the stony floor. I have to get up and put into my inventory now, while I'm full, or I'm never going to get it in there. Waddling over there, summon the inventory screen again, it having been dismissed in my feeding crazed, and pull a flap of skin to the screen. Suddenly the corpse disappears, leaving an empty spot in the blood puddle that rapidly shrinks. Ughh, I feel so full. If I dont leave this cave now, I might never leave. Shuffling over towards the dim light coming from the entrance of the cave, I have to close my eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(? POV)

Arrgh, Stupid Sister! Stupid Iceberg Boy! Stupid Magic! What is Katara thinking!? Inviting that freaky bald kid into the village! Obviously he's a Fire Nation Spy! Not to mention they didn't finish their fishing trip, so the village is still low on food, with an extra mouth to feed now too! Now here I am out in the tundra, during mid-winter hoping to find anything stupid enough to still be out this late.

Adjusting my grip on my spear, the only one left in the village after the old snow tower fell. Can't afford to miss. Looking out over the snowy land visible from the top of highest hill i could find, I see nothing. Darn it! There's not even a hole in the the ice from Leopard-seals!

snrt! Snk-snk!

What was that! It was from the base of the hill! Shuffling over to left, where the sound was coming from, I look down to see a little red thing crawl out of a hole. Wait, that's just blood. It looks a small elephant-seal, only with out the trunk or large ears. It seems to be sniffing the air around it, probably to check for predators. Ha, stupid thing won't even see this coming! Come to papa, little guy.

Raising the spear above my head i prepare to throw. Ooh, i can taste the seal jerky already! In a fluid motion i thrust my arm forward and let the spear go.

Sqhrrrrr!

Ha! A solid hit! It thrashes around a bit before falling over. The thing is so small it probably wont be able to put up much fight. Sliding down the hill to it, im careful to not bury it in snow. Now on level with it i walk confidently over towards it. Its on its side and gasping for breath, with its head tilted to look at me. Grasping my bone knife from its sheath in my boot, i prepare to give it a quick death. I raise the knife and line up a strike to its eye, being unable to see a clear neck, and… STAB!

Chrnk!

What!? A smokey dome appeared over it and broke my knife when it struck. Stupid Magic! Can't even let a man enjoy his hunt! What's next Fireben-!?

Shrnnk!

Huh? What's tha-at? Why is it so hard to breath? Why do I taste blood? Looking down I see a muddy spike of ice in my chest. It's not even as thick as my arm. Huh, how did it get there?

Hrrghck

Oh, I just coughed up blood. That's bad. No. No! NO! I can't die! I Can't Die! I need to protect the tribe! Struggling to push off of the ice, the tip snaps off inside of me. Uggh, what do i do?! What did GramGram say about stabs? Hold it? I can't do that with the tip still in! I have to pull it out! Trying to grab it, I feel a sharp pain! Did I just push it deeper? That's… that's bad. I feel tired. I look back down. Oh the tip fell out. Ah, my parka's covered in blood. Katara hates cleaning blood. I shouldn't make her mad. Mom says i shouldn't make Katara angry. Dads says that too. Wait! They're gone, and you're here! Focus Sokka! Uggh! Why is it so dark! I need to hold the wound!

Ghrrggckl

Why does it feel like I'm drowning! I can't breathe! Dad! Why can't I breathe!? Dad! dad! da d. d a d d d

the moon looks so pretty.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Salt's POV)

[Sokka of the Water Tribe (lvl.7) defeated!]
    [You have leveled up x 3 times!]
    [Skill Ice Strike created]
    [Ice Strike has leveled up]

Jesus! That was so close! I nearly died there! If I didn't have Sin of Sloth I would've had pork, quite literally cooked. Looking at my health I see that my health and stamina refilled when I leveled up. Good, I didn't want to chance pulling this spear out with only four health left. Pushing myself up I struggle to turn my head enough for the spear to catch on my snout and knock it loose. Backing up I look back towards the man who stabbed me. Huh, this guy couldn't be more than twenty. Sad, but it was me or him and I'll always choose me. If I wasn't surrounded by snow that spear could have struck my head. After having that thought I go ahead and shovel snow into my inventory. You know what, i'll go ahead and add that spear to my inventory as well as anything this guy has.

Looking over everything i got off of this Sokka, i see [Whale-Bone Spear Dur: 8/10], [Koalotter-Bone Knife Dur: Broken], [Metal Boomerang* Dur: 20/20], [Koalotter Leather Belt Dur: 6/10], and some damaged cloth from his clothes. That done, it's time for the dirty part, that extra 200% exp. I'm hesitant to actually eat him, but if this is a level seven kid and he nearly killed me… well, at least I won't Tasmanian devil him. Time to eat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uhhhg, eating that kid whole left me so full and groggy that I fell asleep almost immediately. The sun is almost at the top of the sky, so i must have slept for hours. Wasting time where I didn't have to spend eating. I'm now sitting at a comfortable level Eight and ready to take on some more kids with spears. Unfortunately, i don't think I'll find any more. Only time will tell though. Maybe if i'm lucky i'll find a village of children and the elderly. Ha, fat chance it would be that easy.

Name: Salt
    Race: Swinub (0/3 to evolve)
    Class: Tank lvl.8
    Hp: 1110/1110 ((100×lvl)+(Str×10))
    Mp: 900/900 ((100×lvl)+(Int×10))
    Sp: 1460/1460 ((100×lvl)+(End×10))
    Str:31
    End:66
    Dex:10
    Int:10
    Wis:10
    Cha:10
    Lck:10

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  14. Stormbringer117

Stormbringer117 Soulless

Huh, never seen Sokka getting killed off before.

Kinda Satisfying.

15. Kolarthecool

Kolarthecool From dusk till dawn

How does his race level up to evolve? Is every 100 class levels an evolution?

ClayZombie likes this.
  16. ClayZombie

Theyre requirements that have to be met to evolve, even though only two are needed to evolve. I.E. specific level requirement, Age, or Class in Swinubs cass

xizsec01 and Sage Hidden Bear like this.
  17. RThomas

RThomas Not too sore, are you?

Huh that was... I don’t even know. I’m not used to a character from a series getting killed because they wanted to eat the mc of all things. Like the mc didn’t want to steal from him, or murder him because they didn’t like his character. Just straight up animal kingdom shit with no hard feelings. Kind of hilarious actually.

OBytheGRT, Grigori, Rikallyn and 6 others like this.
  18. Sig

Sig Making the rounds.

Nice finally a non human mc playing the jungle rules

Grigori, Rikallyn, xizsec01 and 2 others like this.
  19. Toguro

Toguro I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well, that happened... :eek:

ClayZombie likes this.
  20. ZeroK and Angel

ZeroK and Angel Not too sore, are you?

lol I'm almost laughing as much at peoples response to Sokka's part in the food chain as the scene. Reminds me of when my teacher in the...second grade? Anyway, when she freaked out when I included humans in the food chain chart other then at the top :p

21. Linus Bengtsson

Linus Bengtsson Getting out there.

im out. already from the chapters so far i already know im not going to like this fic. good luck with the rest of the fic.

BraveVesperia and ClayZombie like this.
  22. ClayZombie

Thank you for giving it a try. I hope you find a story you like.

23. ClayZombie

I dont know MonRein, could you send me a link?

24. KnightofTempest

KnightofTempest Versed in the lewd.

Why are you not capitalizing your I's?

It's wrecking my head, man. . .

The entire first paragraph has lowercase I's. . .

Grimmouse197 and ClayZombie like this.
  25. Sage Hidden Bear

Sage Hidden Bear Not too sore, are you?

The concept is simple. Gluttony makes it so that you gain stats from everything you eat, and all the powers and skills of the thing you ate. Basically super assimilation through eating. You can also eat literally anything from animals to people to metals earth, lava, even air if you put your mind to it. Your basically a bottomless pit.

Sloth causes you to gain stats and skill xp and lvl xp simply by sleeping or resting. Anything that can be considered slothful will make you grow more and more powerful.

ClayZombie likes this.
  26. ClayZombie

Cause I thought I had capitalized them. Sorry.

27. ClayZombie

Thanks for the information! The Gluttony is pretty standard in other gamers and i wanted to do something different. But yeah, I wanted the Sins to be burdens as well as boons.

28. Josendorr

Josendorr Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Hp should be 1110 while Mp should be 900

ClayZombie and TripleH98 like this.
  29. KnightofTempest

KnightofTempest Versed in the lewd.

You still have a bunch of uncapitalized I's. . .

ClayZombie likes this.
  30. ClayZombie

Just fixing the errors pointed out to me. The next chapter shoul be coming out soon.