1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sorting Hat Syndrome (A Thread for Self-Classification)

Discussion in 'General' started by FurikoMaru, Sep 13, 2013.

1. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

So I've been reading Exalted stuff lately and I'm thinkin' I'd be either a Chosen of Serenity or a No-Moon. Not having a terribly deep understanding of the setting, I might be wrong, but those two feel like the best fit, with Changing Moon a runner-up.

What about you guys?

(Oh, and for the obvious one, Slytherin or Ravenclaw; maybe Gryffindor at the outside, but I'd turn the Hat down.)

2. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Yeah, I'm Hufflepuff.
    No one suspects the Hufflepuff.

3. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

Puff. Everything else takes too much drive.

Exalted, I'd be an helpless bystander.

4. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

If you get any Exaltation at all you've won the superpower lottery. Barring some incredible circumstances where I happen to get obscenely lucky, I'm with Liam: helpless bystander.

HP....well if I MUST be in HP, then probably Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. Depends on which point in my life I'm drawn in from, but probably Hufflepuff.

Screw the excitement of the books, Vetinari puts it best. What people want is for tomorrow to be pretty much like today.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Hufflepuff...

Also... dragonblooded. Earth aspect.

6. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Getting access to magic? Obviously, I would want to learn everything I could. Ravenclaw. Then again, I suppose that it would probably be hard work to learn all of that, so maybe Hufflepuff.

7. Ct613hulu

Ct613hulu Experienced.

Based solely upon my love of Books and the fact that the ravenclaw common room has a Library I would have to say Ravenclaw. I think that you would make a good Chosen of Serenity based on your writing of Cosmos Quest and your liking of Lupin.

8. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

I'm guessing probably Ravenclaw.

As for exalted? Well, I don't know jack shit about the setting, except it's made by the same guys who did the WoD games.

On the subject of WoD, either a Redcap or Ogre, probably.

9. mkire

mkire Lee-ko is adorable

Hogwarts would have gotten all of my nope at age eleven. No computer? nope. I have Red Alert and Xcom to play.

10. FurikoMaru

The reality-warping evened things out for me. Also I was always more of a book kid than a video game kid. What I'd have missed most would probably be the internet; eleven was when I discovered fanfiction.

11. mkire

mkire Lee-ko is adorable

more thinking leads me to believe if i exalted, i'd be one of the ones who exalted for a failure: Six years ago i raised my right hand and swore to the constitution to defend it. Four months after that i'm headed home, having failed basic combat training.

I dream about a second chance about once every month, and in most of them i fail that too.

12. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

...What if all Hufflepuffs are secretly Terrestial Exalted?

13. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

Probably Slytherin.
    Otherwise Ravenclaw.

14. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

It's kind of a pity Lilithium isn't here to answer Kimbery-favored Infernal. She has so much scary love to give.

Me, I love Infernals, because each and every one of them are flawed fuckups that are slowly becoming more and more estranged from anything that could be called normal.
    ... Ouch.

That's okay, we can be Infernal buddies!

15. mkire

mkire Lee-ko is adorable

Honestly I prefer the failure dreams to the ones where i succeed. because when i succeed dream BCT, i wake up and i'm home, and the fake success is ripped from me.

16. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

... ah Kimberry. If only.

Hufflepuff tho, what is a yandere if not loyal.

17. Hymn of Ragnarok

*high five*

I friggin' love inhuman characters. Not necessarily want to BE one, but they're still fascinating when done well. Especially when they start out fairly normal but they slowly reshape themselves into something alien.

18. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

If I where to go on HP Houses... It'd probably be either Ravenclaw, or Griffindor, leaning towards Griffindor due to wanting to be some Hero or do good deeds in my life.

As for Ravenclaw, it's probably because I now want to learn... But knowing myself as a kid, it'd have probably been Griffindor.

As for the other houses, I doubt I'm a hard enough or loyal student to suit Huffflepuff (I do have loyalty I think, but I'm not really 'determined'), and even with being cynical on politics, I'm FAR too Naive and fail at Social Fu to even suit Slytherin.

-

As for Exalted, also know jack shit. Miiight be leaning towards a Fair Folk exaultion, but knowing how fucked up I'd be with Eldritch Insanity at that point, and being 'out of touch' with reality...

Is it really worth it?

-

And lastly, since we're going on classifications, if I where in a MegaTen setting; I'd TRY to be Neutral if I can... But I sometimes can't help but lean towards Chaos, even if it's with Lawful intentions. Or wanting to 'solve' the dilemna that the world is facing.

19. Felius

Felius Experienced.

HP - I'd rather go Hufflepuff, but Ravenclaw is more likely, and Slytherin is a possibility as well. Would have severe withdraw crisis due to the lack of computer, even at age 11 (seriously, I get cranky if I spend a week without proper internet. Most of the year? Were not the reality warping powers, I wouldn't even consider :p)

Exalted - If I can have the choice? Gimme a solar shard, baby. Ideally either a twilight or a eclipse shard. Maybe a night shard in our reality. More likely? I'd say I would receive a Sidereal Exaltation.

Megaten: Depends on which game I on. On most of them both sides are assholes, and even while they do have a few valid points, neutral is the way to go. On some, such as Strange Journey, they are so assholish that the way becomes "omnicidal neutral", where you muderize both sides until all assholes are dead. On others, compromise and negotiation might be possible though.

20. FurikoMaru

Any HunterXHunter fans in the house?

I'm a Transmuter, by Hisoka's unscientific test. Hymn of Ragnarok seems to be either a Manipulator or a Conjurer, judging by his playstyle.

21. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

I'd probably be an Enhancer, which is funny, because I'm as weak as a girl physically. Maybe my Enhancement would primarily effect my mind?

22. Guile

I would likely be a Manipulator, inasmuch as any of those apply to me. Which is convenient because that seems like a neat power.

Attacking people with animate gazebos and such.

23. Hymn of Ragnarok

Not an HxH fan, but you certainly seem to have my number. Yeah, that sounds like me.

24. FurikoMaru

You should give it a try! It embraces the moral shrugging of normal shounen as a conscious ethos and the fights are fun to watch. Plus, Killua is best yandere.

25. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Eh. Not especially, but go ahead and post the test so I can see what I score as.

26. Guile

It is quite good, and Gon is a more engaging 'idiot savant protagonist' than Goku and similar folk.

Although that mood whiplash during the chimera ant arc was almost physically painful.

27. FurikoMaru

Personally I love Killua's character arc. I love that he failed at a crucial moment that wasn't in his backstory and he's still dealing with the repercussions of that failure. I love that he's a rival character who actually expresses emotional depth, even as he every once in a while gives off the vibe of a high-functioning sociopath.

And as I said. Best yandere. The best. Yuuno wishes her love was this pure.

28. Guile

I just wish Leorio was around more. Punchin' Portals is the best power, and he's an interesting mix of easy mark and knowledgeable fellow.

29. FurikoMaru

I did. Scroll down in the link and the general character analysis of the various types is listed in point form.

30. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Bah. I'm terrible at self-diagnoses- I always just write in 'All the things' and expect people to go for it.