1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sorceress (Mortal Kombat SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Castage, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Jarudazuigu

Jarudazuigu Sealed, for now

In the original game, the MK numero uno, the whole MK was just entertainment for Shang Tsung owner of a magical island ... who did so every two decades or so to ritually harvest souls from defeated participants.
    Goro was his trump card, the frikkin half-dragon was so annoying to beat up, and frankly speaking a more difficult encounter than Shangy himself.

I remember to this day, when I played MK on an arcade as a snot-nosed teen, that initial appearance of Goro shocked me so much that I lost first round just standing there with my jaw on the floor. Good times.

Anyway Sub Zero and Scorpion were from two rival factions with huge hate boners for each other. Sub Zero was the most talented Lim Kuei, sorta-kinda magical kung-fu warrior from China's secret martial arts society, and Scorpion was a vengeful ghost of an ninja killed by Sub Zero earlier in the timeline. Sub Zero entered Mortal Kombat for prestige, because his win means that he becomes a sect head of his Lim Kuei kung-fu cryomancy warrior-sect and sweeps trough all dudes their sect had grudges with.

With Sub Zero at the forefront of the blizzard, if you catch my drift.
    Hopefully there will at least be some hot yuri-yuri kisses.;)
    And implications.

Well, there is always sacrificial magic ... of the stupidly evil variety.
    1) Powerup for more demanding Sorcery like life-prolonging, if you aren't as talented as Shao Khan. Or literal god, like fucking Rayden.
    -Ritual place, Aztec style pyramid seems solid choice to amplify Sorceress's magic for the task.
    -Ritual combat, not dissimiliar to Mortal Kombat but on much lesser scale and scope, where dudes fighting instead of bleeding have red "smoke" go out of their injuries that is collected by Sorceress.
    -Winner, and of course Sorceress, benefit with rejunevation and healing at the expense of the losers ( lets say five people per one benefitting from it).

2) Torture dungeon, designed to channel magic of the Sorceress and imbued not unlike Wraiths are, with various sacrificial devices that lead with mini-streams cut in stone towards central sarcophagus covered in even more complicated sorcery.
    -Put victims in the torture implements ... they bleed and suffer, while celebrants chant around the sarcophagus ... as the blood of the victims slowly flows towards the center, leaving drying tortuously slowly husks behind.
    -At the climax of the ritual all the essence is absorbed by sarcophagus, including blood so no sign and smear is left outside, that is currently like red marble instead of white-bone one.

Both methods could be used by MC to for example heal someone trough necromancy. What? Necromancers don't do good and nice especially in Mortal Kombat verse where everyone among them is a douchebag.

2. Threadmarks: Cultivation
    Castage

Castage Not too sore, are you?

“Is this some kind of joke?” I asked, not sure if I should laugh, be mad, offended or embarrassed... I was sure as hell confused.

“Can you tell me, what sort of twisted logic, made you think that I am discarding you?” I asked Skarlet, who, despite my words, was still kneeling, with her hands on the ground and her forehead touching the floor.

I admit I did my best to instil loyalty in her as I adopted her... but that kind of misinterpretation of my intention was greatly embarrassing... and tad worrying.

“Tsk. So, I leave you in care of Master Kuai Jin for a few days, for recovery and training... and you start thinking that I decided to discard you, because of your failure? Because you were defeated?”

I narrowed my eyes as Skarlet stayed unmoving on the floor.

Wasn't she overreacting? It isn't like she...

Ah.

I winced as I realised that yes, I was all she had in this world. All she had was given by me. All she knew was thaught by me... And if I decided to leave her, she would literally lose her whole world. From her standpoint, she wasn't overreacting.

The old me, from a different time, from a different realm, would be disturbed and disgusted with the way the situation developed. But for me right now, could only think of how to capitalize on the situation. I have learned long ago that good deeds come with a cost, compassion was paid back with betrayal and mercy was the fastest way to pain and death. These were the rules of Outworld.

“Master Kuai Jin.” I turned to Cyromancer. “I apologize for the foolishness of my daughter. I will be taking her now – would you be willing to take her, in the future, for training?”

“Of course, Lady Izana.” He raised his hands in salute and so did I.

I turned and started walking away... only to realize something and stop at the door. I sighed loudly. Has this one defeat shaken her so much?

“Are you coming?” I asked Skarlet, who still hasn't moved from her spot.

* * *​

“Are you sure it's wise, my Lady? Shao Kahn might object. His orders were-”

“I will obey his orders, but I intend to bend them as much as possible.” I silenced my advisor as I walked to the window, to look at the lands that were granted to me by the Emperor ages ago... Shao Kahn would not care about me bending the rules, as long as I won. Knowing the bastard, that little move would make him laugh.

“My decision stands. Spread the news - a tournament is organised in the domain of Sorceress Izana, the best warriors will be allowed to partake in Mortal Kombat. Only those who live in her domain can partake. Entire Outworld must know this. Also spread the news independently, that there are places in my domain to settle.” I waited for my advisor to bow, acknowledging my order. “Skarlet will be the one taking care of the organisation of the tournament. You all will be assisting her. That is all.” I declared, turned and started leaving.

I did enjoy the look on Skarlet's face. Suprise, confusion and horror were as clear as day. I managed to make my way out of the hall and make halfway to the courtyard before Skarlet caught up to me.

“Mother, you can't-”

I spun around and faced her.

“Oh, I can and I did.” I hissed. Okay, so I might have been still pissed of for that idiotic challenge she issued to Kuai Jin. She backed off, surprised by the intensity of my statement. “I have thaught you and trained you, so you could become someone to whom I could trust with important tasks. Someone who would be my right hand. Do you think, I adopted you just for you to be a simple bodyguard?”

“Yes...”

What?

Her singlet word stopped my rant.

As I looked at her, it dawned on me. She... she did not resign from taking part in Mortal Kombat, yet, has she? Was a beating that she received not enough?

I sighed.

I give up.

“Then...” I started again, slowly. “After the tournament, you will train under Master Kuai Jin – he will teach you, what I can not. And if he declares, that you are ready, by the time the Mortal Kombat starts, I will allow your participation.”

The redhead looked at me with eyes full of determination.

“I will not fail you, mother.”

I smiled, despite myself. I put my hand on her head.

“I know.”

I turned and started walking again.

“Where will you be?”

“Recruiting, thinning up the herd and hopefully, picking up a few things.”

* * *​

“These are your best?” I looked over three Saurians.

“Indeed my lady. As thou has commanded, these are the finest warriors from among our people.” the female Saurian, taking a form of an older regal woman answered my question.

“Can they change into human forms?”

“Of course.” She nodded and three Saurians altered their forms and in a moment three humans were standing in front of me.

“Females?” I looked at my companion.

“I know that you would be more at ease with them.”

“Indeed.” I nodded appreciatively. It was a small gesture, but I appreciated it. “Hmm... have you considered sending your best to Mortal Kombat?”

“Is that thy command?”

I paused. Was it?

“No. I will leave the choice to you. But I would like to have few of your people under my command for the duration of the tournament, to act as observers and spies.”

“It shall be as you command.”

“Also, I want your people to start regularly scouting my domain and area surrounding it. Double the patrols for when the Mortal Kombat tournament shall start.”

“Do you except troubles?”

“...I just prefer to be prepared.” I answered shortly. “In case Shao Kahn tries something.”

“We swore vassalage to you. There are no rebellions in your domain, no rumours. The Emperor has no reason to doubt our loyalty.”

I shake my head and state bitterly.

“Shao Kahn was always the suspecting type-” my eyes widen and stopped as if I was struck.

Was it that simple? He always was distrustful and most of the factions that I gave refuge in my domain, had earned his mistrust. I guess that my good deeds caught up to me...

No...

More then them, he had a reason to distrust me...

Damn you, Shao Kahn! After all those years, have you finally decided to get rid of me? Or is it some elaborate test?

“I will give the orders to my other subjects, but I want you to be prepared to evacuate.”

“You won't have us stay and fight?”

“Against Shao Kahn?” I almost laughed as I looked at her. She smiled back.

“Indeed. We shall make preparations.”

“I thank thee, for your assistance, Queen Sytholin.” put my hands in salute.

“Always, my liege.” She responded with a salute of her own.

* * *​

The portal closed behind us.

The three Saurians given me by Queen Sytholin and Sabe followed me, as I stopped on the edge and looked over the valley.

“So... this is Edenia.”

* * *​

AN: Have you noticed? During the invasions in Mortal Kombat, there are no logistics, no tactics – only simple charges...

3. Castage

:eek:
    Damm it!
    I messed the order and skipped the chapter. The contents of the last chapter was switched and the next was published.
    Sorry everyone

4. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

Makes sense. For tens of thousands of years, Outworld invasions have accompanied a merger of the realms.

Two worlds mash together and suddenly every map you had becomes worthless. Western Europe is now inserted between the Hunted Forest and the bloodstone mountains. There's now an ocean flooding into the lowland plains. Half of North America is now fused with the Zaterra badlands. Hong Kong is now a suburb of Shao Khan's capitol.

Frankly, 90% of the damage inflicted on your enemies probably comes from the natural disasters and utter breakdown of society that comes suddenly and violently merging the realms. As for Outworlds own armies, barbarian hordes that are basically self-sufficient through raiding and can just attack wherever they happen to end up after the merger.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    purpleee, Aoinfinity, Castage and 6 others like this.
  5. Zentari2238

Zentari2238 Versed in the lewd.

And the guys and gals that can rally the people into a coherent defense are kinda dead, on account of the champions being picked for the death tournament. Funny how that works, no?

6. Jarudazuigu

Extacly how you said, Breadnaught, and in case people rally and can fight the horde of Outworld barbarians? There is always Shao Khan using his brand of sorcery to kill people with laughter. After all he's nearly godlike when not stripped of all his "will not die" things during Mortal Kombat.

Fret not, everyone have performance issues some times.;)

Castage and Grimmouse197 like this.
  7. Threadmarks: Hunting
    Castage

“It's him.” Kiri, one of my saurian followers pointed at the man walking down the road with a couple of companions.

It was surprising to see a two meters tall Edenian with a body of culturist and the face of a fashion model. It was... strange, yet somehow, it fit.

“Your sure?” I asked as I observed. He had six companions, more like bodyguards.

“Yes.” the woman answered. “He was boasting in the inn about his exploits, as he and his companions drank.”

Drinking, huh? Well, it certainly would make things easier. Alcohol has a tendency to influence performance. But, I couldn't be too sure of myself. That kind of arrogance was a quick way to defeat. I have thought myself years ago not to ever underestimate any opponent.

“Kiri, Ankha, Sabe. The three of you will take care of the man's bodyguards, while I will deal with the leader myself.” I ordered my Wraight and two Saurians. “Khameleon, you will stay in the back – kill anyone who would try to run.” I turned the most skilled from my retinue. “This is important. No one can escape.” I kept my eyes on her, as she nodded, silently accepting my command. Khameleon faded from sight as she camouflaged herself.

I turned and with a deep breath and walked out of the forest, Sabe, Kiri and Ankha silently following me, barring the way of the Edenians.

“Well boys, it looks like we have our entertainment for tonight.” The leader grinned to the laugh of his companions.

Overconfident fool. A smile crept over my face.

“I will take care of the big dumb. The rest is yours.” As soon as I said that, three women run past me, staying away from the leader. The man didn't even look back at his companions, as the sounds of combat filled the air.

We both started circling each other, carefully observing, evaluating each other. He carefully stalked, his steps were surprisingly light for someone of his built.

“Not that I have anything against meeting such a beautiful woman,” He said as he eyed me. “but, wouldn't a warm bed in an inn be a better place for a meeting?

I took off my robe and allowed it to slowly slide down my frame. That left me wearing a loincloth with thongs, halter top and thigh-high boots.

“Ah, want this body to heat you, Harun?” I asked, arching. As expected – his eyes roamed over my curves.

Hook.

“Ah, a bounty hunter. And a... 'gifted', one at that.” He commented as we approached each other. His eyes were still on my chest.

Line.

“I'm more of a collector.” I commented.

He clicked his tongue, as we were about arms reach.

“I never understood. Why the females insist on those impractical heels and clothes that leave little to no protection~ Not that I am complaining, mind you.” He chuckled.

“Mhm~” I hummed, putting my index finger to my lips. This was disappointingly easy. “Allow me, to educate you~” I said hotly, as my finger travelled from my lips, down, between my breasts. Harum's eyes moved, glued to my finger.

Sinker.

My free hand shot forward, open palm striking man's nose. There was a satisfying crunch.

As the man grabbed his face and stumbled back, I kicked the side of his leg. Already unbalanced, he fell on his knees. I spun around and my foot hit the unprotected abdomen – it was rather painful. The man's hand let go of his face and travelled to his stomach. I grinned savagely as my fist darted, aiming at the man's now unprotected throat.

But as it was about to connect, the man suddenly was two meters away. It was as if the wind blew him away.

“Tsk.” A smile dropped from my face. Edenian magic. It would be reckless to attack now. I was not entirely sure what the bastard could do.

As the man shook his head, regaining his composure. He spit out blood and got up. His nose was bleeding rather strongly. I guess I broke it.

I dropped my stance and started circling him, arching my body.

“Usually, a woman cannot compete with a man in matters of strength.” I started speaking, my voice sensual. I had forged an image that helped me numerous times. One of a woman filled with sensuality, lust and sex. That made my opponents to generally underestimate me. More interested in what they would do with me after the fight, instead of considering me a threat. “That's why armour would only hinder us. Instead, light clothes give us mobility and allow a... visual distraction.” I finished with a smirk, my hand sliding down my bear side.

“Well, I will be sure to enjoy that body you so proudly put on display... Before I remove your head from your neck.” He said, somewhat warily. But there was rage there and desire. I could use it.

“Hm~” I purred. I smirked as I saw him shiver. “I wouldn't mind that, after all-” I moved my hand to the sides of my chest, down, to my abdomen, then lower. “-to winners go the spoils.” I finished.

Harum's eyes again traced behind my hands again.

Idiot. I just told him that clothes were a distraction that I used as one of my weapons and he still fell for it.

My leg darted up, in a roundhouse kick, travelling straight at the man's jaw.

He blocked it.

A moment later he was right next to me, our faces almost touching.

“!” I grunted as his fist landed on my stomach. He spun around and backhanded me. The hit had enough force to make me spin around.

I threw a fist blindly, but as I faced the man again, my hand went over his head. Harum was again inside my guard. His open palms right next to my stomach, forming a sphere of wind.

“Ugh!” I grunted as the wind magic threw me several meters back. I rolled on the ground, stopping with my face in the dirt.

'He tricked me. He used my overconfidence and tricked me. That little bastard played me!'

The magic was already healing my wounds but not my pride. To think that after I thought myself careful, I would become so overconfident. I gritted my teeth.

“!” The man grabbed my hair and raised me to my knees. The bastard thought it was over?

Pure rage washed over me.

I grabbed his hand and using my own weight, threw him on the ground. I rolled with him, holding his hand. As we both stopped and started getting on our knees, I spun and threw a kick straight at the man's face.

His wail filled with pain brought me immense satisfaction.

“This is why I use high heels.” I got up and kicked the side of his head, stunning him. “A flat would leave you just a bruise. But a high heel?” I let go of his arm and grabbed him by the throat. I held my open palm in front of his face. “Well, now you are a one-eyed bandit.”

I reached out with my magic and grabbed his soul. I wouldn't be delicate. Having your soul ripped out while you were alive, was extremely painful. It couldn't be done on a strong warrior in his full strength. But now, when the man was broken? He would resist – but that would only enhance his pain.

And I wanted him to suffer.

Because he has humiliated me. Because he has tricked me. Because he has reminded me, about the feelings, I wanted to stay forgotten.

But he also gave me a lesson about my overconfidence. I would not make the same mistake again.

The man's screams finally cased, as his soulless body fell on the ground. It took a little to subjugate him. My retinue gathered around – all of our opponents were dead. I waved my hand, sending a fireball to the dead body.

“Burn the bodies. We will leave no trace.” I commanded. My followers moved, to execute my orders.

As the fire started eating away the carrion, I changed my shape, now looking like the man I just killed.

“Harun, the leader of the host of thousand bandits... your soul is mine.” I closed my fist. “And so is your army.”

8. Scion of the house of hal

Scion of the house of hal Know what you're doing yet?

Why is she attacking this guy? His soul? His body?

Castage likes this.
  9. naarn

naarn Versed in the lewd.

I had presumed because she was ordered to, given that the previous scene had her going to Shao Kahn for orders.

Castage likes this.
  10. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

I initially thought this guy was one of the Edenian champions for Mortal Kombat, but now I'm thinking that the bandit army is more important.

Possibly a distraction or a way to bog down said Edenian champions?

11. mightykk

mightykk Getting sticky.

Isn't her approach too practical and effective? In my head canon in MK, conquest is decided in tournament death matches.

Castage likes this.
  12. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Ish?

Victory in Mortal Kombat gives the winner, in this case Shao Khan, the right to merge the losing Realm with Outworld.

If he wants that Realm and it's people to belong to him, then he's gonna need slightly more mundane methods of conquest to insure obedience.

13. SIDoragon

SIDoragon Dragon of Story and Song

I always saw the tournament as a means of opening a door. Travel between realms is difficult. One or two people at a time is possible, but armies is impossible. Like the Elder Gods put a shield around each realm to keep everyone out.

So, the Tournament unlocks the realm. Drops the shield. Afterwards, you can then begin your war of conquest.

That said, unlike the other realms, Earthrealm has nukes. I want to know why the various nations never thought, "hey, lets just bomb Outworld until they stop sending armies after us?" Shao Khan might be strong, but he isn't strong enough to survive an exploding star to the face. Even if he could, his armies can't.

14. Aigloss

Aigloss Experienced.

Answer is probably magic

Castage and Jarudazuigu like this.
  15. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

Apparently he's the "leader of the host of thousand bandits". So I guess she's going to put them to use.

The Elder Gods expressly forbit the merger of Realms without achieving 10 straight victories in Mortal Kombat. Just traveling between Realms is possible, just difficult.

Like, "a dozen people on the entire planet are capable of that kind of magic" level of difficult. And the number of them that can open large portals, over a long period of time, to allow an entire army to pass through ... then you're talking a handful.

As for nukes ... there's probably a large degree of "it's a fighting game franchise, so just suspend your disbelief." But IC reasoning, it's probably a combination of issues.

1) Raiden and the various Ancient Mystic Orders are the guys at the forefront of the Outworld issue, not the modern industrialised nations that have sprung up just recently. Nukes have only existed for a short period of time, while the people making the decisions in this conflict don't have nukes, and the people with nukes aren't the ones making the calls here.

2) Shao Khan is the greatest Sorcerer in Outworld, while also having most of the second tier Sorcerers under his command, so it's a safe bet that his Palace and the surrounding area are protected against Sneaky Portal Bullshit. As for the rest of Outworld ... he doesn't really give a shit. It's a vast expanse of fucked up wasteland 10 - 20 times the size of Earth. Go ahead, drop a few nukes. Earth on the other hand, has nice big population and industrial centres. I'm sure Shao Khan can throw Bad Things through portals too, if you really want to start playing that game. And Earth both has more to lose, while being the only side to actually give a shit about the losses involved.

16. Castage

You know, I never thought about it that way. It would explain so many things.
    And that's why I like the comments - they help to shape the story and cover my own lack of knowledge.

What do you mean?

Common sense and explanations, that game, provides not.

I think I shall not be touching the subject of nukes.
    Besides, they will be invented far in the future.

RamiroGalletti and Jarudazuigu like this.
  17. Threadmarks: Interlude: Interference
    Castage

AN: There was a trailer for the Mortal Kombat movie out recently, and it looked great! So, here you are - the next chapter!

* * *​

The room was filled with laugher. The fire danced, merrily illuminating the chamber. The people sat around the table, feasting, talking, laughing.

An old, grey-haired man sitting on top of the table stood up.

He started speaking, from the place, captivating everyone. His voice was authoritative and strong... a voice that made you feel secure.

When he finished, all of the gathered cheered.

He smiled and raised the cup in a toast. And everyone, became silent again, looking at him, with eyes full of devotion... One look at them was enough to tell that they would follow that man, to the ends of the earth.

All raised their cups, the walls shook from their cries of support to toast.

They drank and return to talking, cheering, being merry... but not for long.

A moment after the old man drank from his cup, he became pale.

A scream of servant brought everyone's attention to the host. A silence filled with disbelief resigned for a moment, as blood started purring from man's mouth. Then everyone stood up and started running to the old man, to catch him before he fell on the floor...

The scene paused in the middle of the chaos. Everyone stood still, even the drops of wine that were spilling out of an overturned cup did not move.

Then the scene started rewinding, stopping only when the old man got up.

The time started playing, repeating the scene, following the old man carefully. Then when he fell on the ground, it stopped, and rewinded and then started playing again, this time, entire attention was concentrated on the old man's cup.

As the scene played, it stopped as the old man raised his cup. The surface of the wine was disturbed. The scene started rewinding. Slowly.

As the time was moving backwards, the surface was disturbed again, then a drop – a colourless drop of liquid started travelling up. Up to the ceiling, until it disappeared.

As if it appeared from thin air.

* * *​

The woman breathed deeply as the vision ended.

“General Barong was poisoned.” She said loudly. “I could not find by whom.”

Her face was covered by black and red headpiece, that obscured her eyes, leaving only her lower mouth visible. The black skirt was held by two wide red belts that also served as her chest piece.

“That's not good.” The bearded man next to her frowned.

The woman closed her eyes again, as she started her search again.

* * *​

A woman with black hair tied in a ponytail entered the room. She smiled as she closed the door behind her. She put her swords on the table and started untying her coat as she spoke something.

The vision swam as the sound slowly started taking shape.

...appreciate it.” The woman said as she threw her coat on the chair and untied her robe, allowing it to slide off her body, leaving her naked. “I sure that I like what I see...” She said, her voice warm as she started climbing the bed-

The shadow covered the bed.

The moon travelled and the sun started rising behind the window when the shadow started finally withdrawing... unveil the body of a familiar woman... grey and lifeless body. A moment later shadow covered the bed again and as it disappeared again, there was no trace of anyone in the room.

The time moved back. To the time the woman entered the room.

The vision shifted, focusing on the bed... on the shadow.

It moved forward, trying to pierce it.

* * *​

“Agh!” The woman exhaled as she fell to the ground, throbbing pain pulsing in her temples. “I am alright.” She calmed the man who held her.

“What happened?” He asked. The man wore a black robe with a red cape and gold armour that covered his chest and shoulders. His aged showed, with grey hair.

“Cypher was assassinated by a sorcerer.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. But I could not see who it was. That sorcerer is skilled in hiding his presence, hiding before my sight.”

“That... is troubling.” The man said stroking his beard, his tone full of worry, as the woman started concentrating again.

* * *​

This time the location was a square in front of the house.

Two women clashed, a sword striking against the spear.

The spear wilding woman showed maturity and dignity, one could only find on the face of a woman who experienced motherhood. There was also a grim determination there... as well as anger and fear.

Her opponent was visibly less skilled, but stronger, fiercer... the vision slowed concentrating on the sword-wielding woman. It was subtle, but there were slight signs... her veins more visible then normally should, a light green fire in her eyes that became visible as she was pushed back...

That woman was a Revenant – undead brought back to life.

As the fight continued, it became more and more apparent, that the Revenant would lose this combat. For all of her unnatural enhancements, she was simply not skilled enough to compete with the spear wielder.

Suddenly, both women stopped and looked in the direction of the house.

The spear-wielding one froze, the with a gentle smile, she relaxed and let go of her spear. She made no move to defend herself, as Revenant charged at her. She still had that smile, as the undead pierced her heart.

The vision stopped and rewinded.

As both women stopped, the vision shifted to the house – it was covered by shadows. As time started flowing again, nothing was visible. After a moment, sounds became hearable – the silence of the night was interrupted by a soft groan of a dying woman and cries of a child.

* * *​

“Raze is dead.” The woman sighed as the vision ended. “Her child was used as a hostage."

“Raze was one of our best warriors.” The man growled. “Someone is eliminating Edenia's champions.”

“I agree.” the woman nodded and closed her eyes.

* * *​

A cheerful-looking man finished his song and took another sp of wine. He stroked his moustache as he looked at two skimpily dressed women that were eyeing him. He smiled and started playing again. His eyes did not leave the two women as he started singing

Time passed and now, a slightly drunken man walked out of the inn, with one woman under each arm, and a bottle in hand. As they entered the room, the trio lost no time and immediately got into the bed... stripping their clothes on the way there.

Time passed again – the women left the room, leaving a decapitated body of the men on the bed.

The vision followed them, until they walked into a bandit camp, walking to the tent... covered by the shadow...

The vision shifted, moving around the camp until it stopped on the familiar looking banner.

* * *​

“Zyn the bard is dead.” The woman said making the man curse. “Harun's bandits are somehow connected.”

“They were more active recently..." The man frowned his eyes narrowing. "They slaughtered a few skilled individuals and raided a couple of places that stored artefacts..." He paused. "I need to investigate them.” The man said as he started moving to exit.

“I will check on the state of other champions... Argus, be careful. That sorcerer... his interference was unexpected.”

The man smiled at her.

“Worry not. An Elder God is not someone to be trifled with.” And with a flash of light, he was gone.

Delia frowned, as her husband left. The man could be sometimes too arrogant, too prideful...

She frowned as she recalled the shadow. The assassination of Champions, theft of souls, undead worrior... it had to be Shao Khan's doing.

But why she did not see it? Why has her vision failed her?

She concentrated again, reaching for the shadow. She could not find the shadow itself, so she sought the familiar emptiness. It took some time, but finally, she found it. She frowned, as she noticed it's purple eyes looking at something, observing. She shifted the vision and noticed a silhouette that shadow was observing. She clenched her teeth. Which Champion was the shadow after now? She shifted her vision, to see the face of the Champion.

She froze, her face palling... as she looked at her own face.

She ended the vision, and slowly turned and looked up.

High up, on one of the windowsills of the large window, she saw a woman standing. Her face was covered in shadows, but she could easily make out her purple eyes...

18. Rmajere

Rmajere Pleased to meet you, can you guess my name?

That's a huge break. Killing Argus's wife will be a massive blow. This is the equivalent of flipping the board.

Castage and Aigloss like this.
  19. Castage

Killing and taking her soul, or allying with her. She is a powerful seer and skilled sorceress. That, and we never got to see just how far she did plan the future...

Aigloss and Jarudazuigu like this.
  20. Threadmarks: Negotiations and recollections
    Castage

With a soft click, I landed on the floor. Still looking at Delia, I walked up to the table and took a cup of wine. With my eyes on the veiled woman, I took a sip.

“Your husband has good taste.” I said as I put down the cup. My eyes looking the sorceress over. She had well… defined body. “Both in drinks and women, I would guess.”

Shao Kahn's sorceress.” Delia said, her voice calm, but I could feel what was under that tone. Fear, uncertainty... that was good. That meant that I successfully blocked her sight.

I took another sip from the cup, as a silence hanged between us.

“Harun, was most useful.” I started. “After claiming his soul and taking over his bandits, I could easily move around. He surprised me, you know. He actually managed to land a hit on me. That... made me warry...”

I took another sip.

“After plundering a few places for artefacts, and eliminating a couple of stronger travellers, I decided that it was time to move on bigger targets - General Barong. With all of his skilled subordinates around, direct attack was unwise... and it would bring the unwanted attention of your dear husband... so poison was the best choice.” And as always, Khameleon has done an excellent job. She was quickly becoming one of my most trusted minions. Soon, I should start giving her more prestigious tasks.

I tilted the cup, making the liquid inside swirl.

“Cypher 'the seven steps' was an easy target. Dangerous and screwed in the head – and believe me when I say this, I have experience with screwed people.” Onaga and Shao Khan being in the first ten. “She was actually surprisingly easy to seduce.” I paused. “I genuinely feel bad, that I had to kill her... But I gave her a... pleasant send-off and quick death. She did not even see it coming.” It's been a while since I had to kill someone I liked. I had almost forgotten how much that feeling sucked. “Did you know how she got a nickname 'seven steps'? It was because no one ever escaped her farther than seven steps.”

I took a sip, the liquid helping me kill the foul mood. At the current moment, I was soo pumped with potions, that it had absolutely no influence over me. I was no fool – I had no intention of dying because of poison, like Onaga.

“Raze... one of the best warriors of Edenia. I wanted to test my Revenant against her. If my minion had not continuously aimed at her daughter, she would have ended up in pieces a few moments after the battle began. It took me some real effort to shape that Revenant and I did not want her dispatched... So, I intervened.” And wasn't it a disappointment? Sabe was completely out of her league. I would need to invest far more into her to except any returns... or just leave her as she is, and concentrate on improving the next Revenants.

I put the cup on the table and started refiling it.

“You would think, that an experienced thief would be more careful about his surroundings... But to get drunk enough to let your guard down. Zyn the bard was rather disappointing.” I was hesitant about sending saurians Kiri and Ankha. They were still young, but it seemed that Queen Sytholin's trust in them was not misplaced. “On the other hand, the news of his lover's death at the hands of Harun's bandits might have hit him harder than expected.” It was worth taking my time and investigating each champion. And making sure of learning their weaknesses. Zyn's lover. Raze's child. Cypher's preferences. Barong's love for parties.

I put the goblet down and picked up the cup. I took a sip as I started slowly moving to Delia, making sure not to project any hostile intentions.

“And now, here we are. Two sorceresses.”

“You came here to kill me?” She asked, not moving even an inch.

“Gods, no... Well, not if I can help it.” I shook my head. “Why do you think I am telling you everything? Because I have some need to brag? To monologue about my achievements? No.” I shook my head. “I am here, to ask you to join me.”

“You expect me to join you? After what you have done?”

“What I have done, changed nothing! The Edenia was destined to fall!” I barked. “Tell me, in how many futures, does Jerrod wins?” I paused. “And in how many of those futures, do realms survive?” It was just a guess, but why did Delia and Argus not repelled Shao Khan's invasion of Edenia in one of the future timelines? Why did they concentrate on Armageddon? The conclusion was one. Edenia winning made the situation worse.

“Is that your reason? The outcome would be the same?” She whispered.

“Of course not.” I paused. “I am sorceress Izana.” I bowed with respect, as I introduced myself. “I am Shao Khan's new Grandmaster of Mortal Kombat Tournament. The tenth of Edenian tournaments.” I finished the introduction and took a sip from my cup. “What I have done, was to make sure that most of my warriors survive-”

“The outsider...” Delia whispered surprised, making me freeze.

Why would she- unless... but that would mean...

“You knew.” I said, my voice hollow. Her posture, all but confirming my suspicions. “You knew that I ended up in Outworld... I should not have been there at all... you knew. And let me rot there.” I snarled as rage started building inside me. “You know what I have been through!? What was done to me right after I found myself here? What I had to do in order to survive in Outworld?” I all but screamed, all the memories crashing back on me.

“I had to become a 'good' slave so that my master would allow me food! I had to fight with other slaves, for master's amusement! I had to pleasure, my masters with fervour, so they would teach me how to fight, so I could survive!” I gritted my teeth, calming. The initial rage gone, I started reminiscing about my past.

“At the beginning, master enjoyed my body after capturing me. That lasted a couple of days. After that, I was introduced to his harem, as one of his sex slaves – and I had to work, work hard, to be allowed food. But you know what? I wasn't enthusiastic enough in... pleasing my master... so he moved me to the fighting pits... so I could fight and die for his pleasure...” I remembered that clearly... I was at the lowest then.

“But you know what? I realised something. I wanted to live. So, I worked hard. I sold myself at nights, and in return, other slaves taught me how to fight. And slowly, gradually, I improved.

Eventually, I was sold as a sex slave to another master... this one took notice that I had the potential to learn magic. Had a good mind to it, he used to say. I was a little experiment to him – a pet project, to see if he could teach a primitive do some tricks. I learned from him far more then he suspected. But never showed it - because I feared what he would do with me then... and he was creative, in his experiments... So, eventually, he got bored and he sold me to the fighting pits.

I have spent years there, fighting my way up the slave ladder.

Eventually, I was taken to Khan's arena. He had organised a series of tournaments. One I took part in, was to among female slaves and warriors. The best warriors were allowed to enter Onaga's harem. Something, that a few years back would make me puck with disgust - but at that time seen as a lifetime chance... After killing several opponents, I managed to secure my place as Onaga's concubine.

You would be surprised, how much politics, backstabbing and intrigue were there. There wasn't a month when one or more concubines would end up dead... Heh, that's why there were tournaments so often. To fill up the ranks.

Slowly, I made my way up the harem's ladder, eventually becoming one of Onaga's daggers – the most skilled concubines of Onaga. That, allowed me access to Onaga's Shadow Priests... and to extend my knowledge of sorcery.

After years, of... servitude, I found my chance for freedom...”

I closed my eyes and breathed in, calm flowing over me, again. Poisoning Onaga was one of the fondest memories I had... I don't even know why I started telling Delia all of this – maybe I wanted her to understand what she did to me. Maybe I wanted to hurt her, by making her realise that her actions were what brought this situation, maybe I was just tired... in the end, it did not matter.

“You have left me to that fate... you have allowed me to rot in outworld... but I understand...” I smiled as I saw the disbelief on her face. “I was angry... so angry then.” I looked at the cup – it was broken in several places and alcohol was leaking from it. “Even now, I am angry... But in your place, I would've done the same.” I put the cup down. “One, insignificant bug, is not worth angering Onaga.” I said. I still felt angry – but I understood... and I had centuries, to deal with my anger issues.

I looked at Delia and reacher out my hand to her.

“Again, Delia. I ask for an alliance.” I said, my voice starting burning with passion. “We both know the past and we both know what is coming. Edenia is not even an opening stage for tragedies to come. Shao Khan will not stop in his conquests for the next ten thousand years. Yet he is but one of the antagonists that will come. Onaga shall return, Armagedon shall commence and even Edler gods themselves will take the stage – all under the watchful eyes of Titans... who are but waiting for their time to return.

Join me, Delia. With your aid, together, we can reshape the destiny of realms!” I asked as I extended my hand to her.

The Edenian sorceress stud motionless for a moment, before, slowly, giving her answer.

“I shall not betray my husband.” She answered after a moment, making me frown.

“Even though Argus already betrayed you and gave a son to another woman?” I asked.

“He returned to me.” She answered, making me pause.

Did she had hand in the death of Argus' lover? Have I been underestimating her? A smile slowly starting creeping into my face. To devise, a plan that included using Armageddon required a special kind of wicked... Perhaps, she was more screwed then I gave her credit.

Smiling, I moved my extended hand to my cleavage, slowly moving the finger down.

“Truly, can't I convince you?” I asked, lowering my voice, to sound more sensual.

“Sorry, I'm not interested.” She smiled – and for some reason, that smile chilled me.

I smiled back.

“Oh, I can be quite persuasive...” I put my hand on my waist-

She caught my fist as it was about to hit side of her head and slowly turned her head, to look at me. I allowed the illusion that I used to interact with her, fall.

“Precognition?” I wondered. Could she use it in a fight?

I launched a punch at her face which she evaded, she then blocked a punch at her neck and a strike at her temple, moved her head to the side as my punch was about to hit her face, the blocked another punch which I aimed at her chin.

I was throwing a series of punches at her, and she deflected or dodged every single one of them.

I grabbed her hand and swirled, striking her face with my elbow. I hit her, but she was already moving, entering a swirl of her own, backhanding me. I started rotating right after her strike, throwing a spin kick at her head.

She dodged it as she was still rotating, and crouched sweeping my leg with her kick.

“Ugh!” I fell on the floor. But as I continued rotating, I kicked the air, forcing her to jump back. Still spinning, I got on my feet and threw a fireball – green light crashed against her fire.

My eyes widened as she immediately flew from the flames, moving at incredible speed and kicked me in the chest, making me stumble and lose my balance. A moment of weakness that Delia used. The moment her feet touched the ground, she jumped again her feet crashing against my chest – kicking me again and again, pushing me back with each strike – before she ended it with a double kick and sent me flying.

I fell on my back and immediately rolled away.

Why?

Why did she move like Liu Kang?

I spit the blood out and got to my feet. Delia moved her hands, fire gathering in her hands...

* * *​

AN: Negotiations failed :(

21. Jarudazuigu

Izana answered herself why Delia won't ever ally with her. Izana is insignificant bug for Delia.:)

Fight, Sorceress !!!

22. Sonic4Ever

Sonic4Ever Not too sore, are you?

I LOVE this story! And I want be honest, this story have a great potential to become a Futanari harem incest story with an OP character.

It's a shame it's not an NSFW.

Your story is amazing, probably the better story you have written in my opinion. I waiting so much for the next chapters!!!

Sorry for my english XD

23. Castage

That's, I think, an oversimplification... but, I guess more will be shown in the future.
    And, yes, what a meeting it would be without combat... mortal combat political fic... that would be a challenge...

Thank you... I think? Futanari incest - just how? Biologically, Izana is not related to anyone - well, anyone I mentioned... that's actually an interesting idea...

Thanks again! But - this one's the best? I would think the Three kingdoms story would be better... huh... Well, each person has his/hers tastes...
    I have mostly planned the next chapters, if everything goes well, I will publish them soon.

24. Sonic4Ever

Yes the Three Kingdoms is a very good story but I prefer this without doubt!

OH! And for the Three Kingdoms I gave an idea for you:

I recently played again Shogun 2 Total War and I know the guns are in Japan not only because the commerce with the European but even the clans of the Japan built weapons like this the bombs.

And after that, without ANY intention, on the night I see a movie on the Three Kingdoms XD when, in the final battle, built bombs with eggs and.... Some dust? I don't know

So I think: why you can't find the Black Powder and create bombs and maybe guns?

It's just an idea...

Jarudazuigu likes this.
  25. Sonic4Ever

I just an idea:

Maybe you can better your political and military position with an alliance with Sindel... Maybe even a romantic relationship *_*

With her you can access and a fucking OP sorceress and his allies! And the Daughters!!!!

I tell you because Sindel is my favorite character of Mortal Kombat!

Cassie Cage and Sonya even, but in the first place Sindel!

Maybe you can make Cassie and Sonya join into your faction?! With you against the Khanate you can find allies in Terra, like Raiden.... Or Sonya and Cassie :3