1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

And it honestly may have been possible here.

Even if red rings aren't all that good for things aside from destroying things, there's still all sorts of advanced tech that could potentially allow them to remove the fetus from Komand'r and put it into Raul, and allow it to somehow develop.

Relyt33, Cuchulin, Wheenesss and 2 others like this.
  2. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

We will likely never know... Since we're almost surely going back Renagade's more boring Atlantis storyline now.

Relyt33 and Cuchulin like this.
  3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Yes.
    I don't write anything about that issue any more.

4. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, Raul... You don't know just how bad it can get, you know. If you thought human women got a little crazy while pregnant, that's low-balling it concerning pregnant Tamaraneans...

Now, I'd say he's getting ahead of himself, but given how bizarrely human biology interacts with other species in DC... We can't be sure there's not multiple babies coming.

We'll see how you feel once it's done, you've shattered his hand from squeezing it and you're holding a squawling, messy little thing and it's sooo cute oh my god...

"Why do you say these horrible things? Oh, sweet X'Hal, I'm dooomed!"

Oof. Probably not the best place to be having this out. That might get someone's attention, after all. Or did she just run.. er, fly...at super-luminous speeds and this is where she ended up?

Hey, be glad it wasn't you, Raul. To be fair, She probably might do some damage to his environmental shield in this state...

God, this is hilarious, watching her swing from hot-blooded warrior to upset mother and back... :( And also painful.

...Did she ask him to do that? :p Because I can honestly see her asking him to do that in all seriousness...

Besides, that's for the bedroom! :D

:eek: ...I was joking... And honestly? I think she could probably have benefited from being the Dom...

Honey, your edge runs so deep, if someone cut you, you'd bleed black. I'm honestly surprised you don't wear more black and red...

:rolleyes: Such a sweetheart.

Whoa, hey! No self-harm! Where do you think you are, the Dark Universe?

And it says a lot that he's straining. Her anger makes her even more powerful than she usually is, after all...

Man, really good thing you have Enlightenment... That burst of Love would have been awkward if your ring shut off... Though I suspect someone below just took note of it...

I'm not surprised. She really doesn't seem like she's ready for parenthood yet. Still stuck in that teenage 'rage at the universe' phase, albeit for legitimate reasons.

You should be, this is a big change...

That's called Love, honey. It's amazing how it can worm its way into a heart hardened by rage and pain...

Oof. That's a painful association...

Unfortunately, that healing is sometimes just papering over the cracks and assuming it'll hold firm... Eventually, it breaks...

Still the issue of whether it would affect the child...

:confused: Yes, a half-human, half-tamaranean child whose mother was soaked in blood-magic and Red Light... That'll either result in a buddha of kindness or the universe's worst monster ever.

Even without her own convictions, I have to wonder what Tamaraneans think of that line of thought...

Well, now. That's honest of her.

To be fair... You're floating over the home of the Star Sapphires. One of the most Love-saturated worlds in the universe... If you don't get such honesty as a matter of course, where would you?

And deep inside, some part of him is grinning like a little boy in pride.

:rolleyes: Raul, what did you just say about high stress levels?

:sneaky: ...No. No, I am not going to say it. It's too low-hanging...

...Ah. Looks like they have company...

"Please, continue, it should be quite educational for our younger students...

Buuuus-ted. :oops: And just as they were getting warmed up. Still, it's interesting to see Komand'r isn't dealing with all this as well as she appeared to be earlier. But then, the girl has more issues than an entire news-stand. Going to be interesting to peek back into this over the coming months and see how things turn out. I foresee Raul getting quite vexed over some absolutely bizarre cravings... :V

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

And Komand'r is already crazy, even without the pregnancy.

I doubt she cares if she breaks the property of others or angers them.

No, no.

This version may not have tortured her sister like her pre Flashpoint self did, but it's better to not let such tendencies come out.

'Legitimate reasons' isn't really a word that can be applied to Komand'r, given the things she does and the petty reasons she does them.

With Komand'r as the kids mother, the second one may be more likely.

If Kori gets involved however, then the Buddha one may happen.

Or the kid may be one of those that grows up to be a kind person, even though his parents weren't quite so kind.

I already said it.

And I know you want to say it too.

That's putting it mildly.

Ehh, given what we've seen of Tamaranean eating habits in canon, he probably won't be so weirded out.

w34v3r, Relyt33, Cuchulin and 3 others like this.
  6. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Forgot what forum we're in, did you?

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think you can only post smut on the NSFW side.

And seeing as this isn't the NSFW side, they might mind.

8. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Are these possibly from the whole Trigon thing or the red Enlightenment?
    I forget if it was a Red Lantern thing.

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The horns appeared during one of the Crisis episodes, so it was before enlightenment and Trigon.

Either it's some kind of battle state the ring gives its wielder, or Raul just likes doing it for some reason.

It may be his inner chuuni.

10. Mr Zoat

By definition, outer chuuni.

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Pedantic as always, Zoat.

12. inglorius

inglorius Getting sticky.

This word is suspicious. Is he trying to not get punched or actually engaging in handholding debauchery? But red guy is not the one with psychic powers.

13. The Unaligned Player

The Unaligned Player Agony that desires to meet Extinction

Thankfully for Big Raul and Komand'r’ssake she will be strong enough to exist with Love.

ChestBurster likes this.
  14. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

15. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Maybe?

Although if you are right there, then it's not me forgetting the incident in the story, but rather a case of me forgetting my initial response to it.

16. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

By human standards a relationship based on so much rage and destruction would be considered unhealthy.

Eh, whatever.

This is the first Paul we see to have a bio child, right? I wonder how that will turn out, with his original soulles status and technically extra-dimensional genes

17. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Considering their usual eating habits, bizarre would be a bowl of plain oatmeal.

ChestBurster, lywrin, w34v3r and 6 others like this.
  18. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

So I was thinking, is OL going to give the Martian Womanhunter a ring? He clearly has wants he’s learnt to fulfil in a civil manner and no one will be able to deport him then. :sneaky:

19. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

I don't think Raul would survive mentally if he did that.

ChestBurster and Cuchulin like this.
  20. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

It seems, what with how easy it has been for some alt.Pauls to get a soul, that his lack of soul to begin with was nurture not nature- When exposed to energies to form a soul, a soul forms. Gold Ring got his soul by getting dunked in the lazarus pit so many times, another got a soul from nomnoming on demons, etc.

Nor has there been any mentioned genetic difference between the Pauls and DC humanity, which I think at least one of the Pauls would have worked it into conversation over the years.

21. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Why would you do that?

If you are doing a worldwide system, might as well put forward an international gauge standard.

This is wrong. Because humans are human sized, and things made for humans are made for things human sized.
    If you say 'size doesn't matter, just flowthrough' and think a fast line through a box sized portal is better than a lorry sized portal, you haven't spent much time as a human with stuff humans use.

The smaller the size of the opening, the less categories of shippable product you become able to transit. Which is why OL mentioned lorry sized. Aka, hopefully big enough for humans and most of their stuff. Being able to ship a major appliance through matters. being able to ship a transport through matters. being able to ship a group people through as a group matters. Not having to to break down items down into small parcel sized matters.

How does that work? This is the state church, yes? Which being part of the state apparatus could be considered a quasi government building. Having local inhabitants responsible for the upkeeps sounds like it would be assessed as some tax levy equivalent. But an assessment divided among all residents normally isn't much per individual, at least when compared to insurance payments and insurance deductibles.

Is this something that came bundled 'free' with a renters or homeowners policy, are are you paying $5 dollars or so a month prevent your 1/whateverth share of a possible $20,000 roof repair levy?

22. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

There may be a thread on the NSFW side that I may be watching intently now...

ChestBurster and Cuchulin like this.
  23. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Venom Buster, actually -- a cocktail of Kobra Venom and Blockbuster Serum. And then patched up the worst of the side effects using the ring.

Missing comma after "Komand'r"

Gordanians

24. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Specifically, you want it to big enough to fit a standard shipping container through, because all the rest of the infrastructure is made to handle those, and most large products are designed to be able to fit into a standard shipping container.

Vorian, Cuchulin and Idkusername like this.
  25. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

26. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Actually, I would go a bit larger than just a shipping container. Enough to fit a modular house (trailer) through. Because one of the benefits of transportation is the ability to construct at one place, and ship to another. Which would also cover a shipping container plus the thing moving it.

Then again, I'd also want to make sure to design the portals to do oval if at all possible.
    The greatest flaw of the stargate, was you couldn't sent an inactive stargate through a stargate.
    Because a stargate wouldn't fit through a stargate. And oval standard could bypass that.
    Sent the portal and IT mages most of the way through the existing network, travel the rest of the distance on some transport that also fits through the portal, set it up, send new portal through as needed to extend network the same way.

nobodez, Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  27. Idkusername

Personally, I’d just make it the size of a football field. Bigger is better, right? :V

28. Mr Zoat

People in different parts of the world have different tastes in chocolate. But in the case of America it's not a matter of small differences in the proportion of cocoa solids or sugar; they want curdled milk rather than fresh milk. That's a major ingredient that you have to change, so you can't really use the same production line.

Also, I was deliberately being insulting.
    £2 a month on a separate policy.
    Thank you, corrected.

29. Threadmarks: Maladaptive (part 1)
    Mr Zoat

Maladaptive

21st July 2012
    08:47 GMT -7

"No, no, not the fights."

I shake my head as Lantern Rrab splits her attention between me and the Coast City traffic below us.

"I mean Earth societies. The way Earth civilisation works. I know what the fights are like, but I've never lived anywhere else for any length of time."

"Does this have something to do with why you sent me that book concerning… Human… Intimate relations?"

"Sort of. Any society is going to have to have laws against theft and assault in order to function, but rules and customs concerning personal conduct can… Vary more. Something that's perfectly normal where you come from might be highly offensive to people somewhere else, without there being an obvious sign you could see in advance. And since I've never been to your homeworld, I felt that a primer might help you avoid some of... You heard about the-?"

"The spider?" She ducks her head as she smiles. "Yes."

"So you see where I'm coming from."

"According to Ghia'ta, it's your behaviour towards Zatanna that I should avoid copying."

"So avoid copying it. But I wasn't just wondering whether or not you find humans attractive, because I know that you do. But relationships between people from different cultures can be awkward, and that's only made bigger if-."

"But you got me a book on relationships." Her eyes narrow slightly. "If Wonder Woman or Troia lassoed you and I asked you why you chose that subject, what would you say?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Green Lanterns must learn to be criminal investigators. Not every criminal will fly up to us wearing a colourful costume. So I've been spending time with Robin. He says that if someone volunteers something then they're probably thinking about it."

"Jordan's a good man. As my culture defines that concept. And that's not the only-"

Her eyes widen. "A-ahh…"

"-reasonable definition of good, and… I can understand why-."

"I didn't need-." She nods. "Hal's always been very clear about how he sees me. Even his mother's been mothering me."

"Okay. I'll consider that handled-."

"Ghia'ta thinks I should still… Try to change his mind. Slowly."

"Ghia'ta is a wonderful and undoubtably well-intentioned person. However, I think that she's been… Adversely affected by growing up in a single colour monocultural environment. Intellectually, I appreciate-."

Her ring blinks, then her eyes shimmer. Her eyes drop to the roads below us at once.

"Something important?"

"A report of dangerous driving."

I nod. Dangerous driving isn't necessarily a serious crime by itself, until the dangerousness overflows into vehicular manslaughter. And stopping a car is much less easy for normal police than it is for-

Lantern Rrab stoops and swoops, diving down towards one of the city's main thoroughfares.

-us. I wait a moment as I have my ring analyse patterns of traffic movement-. There we are. And then I raise my right forefingers to my forehead,

step out

and reappear just ahead of the hurtling car. They're driving fast, but a quick scan of the objects and vehicles that they've passed shows no damage at all. I watch as they weave around traffic at an intersection with considerable skill. If they're getting someone to hospital-.

I frown at the confused mess of entrapment and-. The man inside the car is banging on the sunroof, his hands off the steering wheel which is turning on its own. His foot's off both the accelerator and brake pedals but I can see the car do both.

Automatic drive system gone very wrong?

Lantern Rrab swoops down, a band of green energy reaching out and forming a car lift construct under the car. The car tries to swerve again as she lifts it clear of the road and up into the Coast City sky.

Huh. Clearly something odd going on there, but I'll let Lantern Rrab take the lead.

She flies level with the driver side window and looks at the man inside. Who rather than winding the window down and explaining himself instead beats his fists against the inside of the window. But no sound gets transmitted through the glass. Lantern Rrab frowns, then scans the door, light seeping around the locking mechanism.

Lantern Rrab looks confused. "I've forced the lock but the door's still stuck."

And the wheels are still turning. Continuing to look like automatic control gone wrong, except that I can't detect a control signal or any way to receive it. A more detailed scan of the car reveals no automatic drive system. It doesn't even have an automatic gearbox.

"I suggest cutting through the glass."

"Do human cars do this?"

"Not usually. This car doesn't appear to have any self-drive systems."

A protractor construct appears and scratches a circle in the glass. The man inside realises what Lantern Rrab is about to do and climbs into the back seat. Once he's clear the protractor spins up, slowly eating through the glass-.

There's a crack as it punches through, a neat circle of glass falling into the car.

"Oh thank God!" The man leans through the gap between the front seats. "Can you get me out of here?"

"The door's stuck; I'll have to rip it off."

"Go right ahead! I'm insured!"

Lantern Rrab nods, and a mechanical clamp construct unfolds on each side of the door, connected to a large robotic arm. The arm strains for a moment and then there's a tearing noise as the door comes free.

I extend a filament to the passenger and lift him out while Lantern Rrab scans the car.

"Sir?" He glances down at the city below us before returning his attention to me. "Do you know what happened?"

"The f-. Car started driving itself! I got in and turned the ignition, then the doors locked and it took off!"

"Do you know where it was heading?"

"That was… That was the route I usually take to work. But I never drive like that!"

"Did the car say anything to you?"

"Just the radio. It was playing, I didn't… Turn it on."

Curious. I turn to Lantern Rrab.

"It's your case. But I suggest taking this gentleman to his place of work."

She nods. "We'll start there."

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  30. Idkusername

Ah OL. Ever the punctual British gentelman.