1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Alert Filtering

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by LollipoPReapeR, Feb 6, 2021.

1. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Versed in the lewd.

Is it possible to summarise all the same alerts? Like on SV and SB all ‘likes’ for one particular post can be summarised into one alert instead of 20 alerts for every individual ‘like’.

2. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

This would require installing the custom plugins that SV and SB use. We may well install these after the XF 2 upgrade.

DeclanDSI and LollipoPReapeR like this.
  3. LollipoPReapeR

May I know when that would be?

4. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

It's currently under way, but delayed by my ability to spend a lot of time on it. Sometime within a few weeks.

Belenus, wasprider and LollipoPReapeR like this.
  5. LollipoPReapeR

Has there been any progress with this?

ProfessorP.Hardraad likes this.
  6. LollipoPReapeR

Bump

Just wondering if this was going to happen…

7. Seth Vatamaris

Seth Vatamaris Hentai Will Save the World

Yeah I agree with this, I ended up getting in trouble with a mod over posting something they told me not to but it was buried under multiple like bombs and I didn’t want to argue at the time as it would’ve been seen as a dumb excuse.

In fact just now I have nearly 300 alerts

LollipoPReapeR likes this.
  8. LollipoPReapeR

Yeah I really wish they’d do something similar to SB or SV where you can summarise them. I don’t know if it’s possible to just copy and paste that code over though…

9. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

I think that might depend on when the feature was first added. If SB/SV had it before they switched to XF2, the addon they used might be available and work. If they only added it after they switched to XF2, then it won't work and will just have to wait until we have XF2.

(Personally, I dodge the whole issue by turning off like alerts altogether.)

Is there like. A centralized thread for status updates on this, or something? This has been "in the pipeline" since before COVID shutdown, as I recall. If it's just been quietly abandoned, that would also be nice to know, for example.

10. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

Here.

11. MissileTeatime

I get what you're saying, but in practice it's clearly not. Of the two status updates in that thread, one of them was cross-posted be a user and one was in direct response to that user's complaints as shared with the cross-post.

12. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

I mean, I agree, but we don’t really have anything better. It’s at least on-topic to centralise requests for updates there, even if in practice it might not be answered, nor has that information been shown to be particularly reliable when answers do manifest.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  13. LollipoPReapeR

SB and SV have had that feature as far as I can remember tbh (at least a few years).

Also without alerts how would I know when there’s an update to whichever thread I’m following :( ?

And yeah, I’ve been bumping this thread to hopefully get someone to notice since the first ‘promise’ came to nothing really.

14. MissileTeatime

Ah, I'll clarify: I turned off alerts for likes. I still get alerts when I get quoted or when the author posts a chapter-length post.

But I also mainly use the "Watched Threads" page instead of relying only on alerts.