1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

P5 Persona Suggestions

Discussion in 'General' started by DepthOfHeart, Apr 12, 2021.

1. DepthOfHeart

DepthOfHeart Love and Lust in Equal Measure

So, after taking a long break from writing on this forum, I'm planning on coming back and writing a Persona 5 story (Like my previous story, it will be NSFW, but the topic of conversation for this thread is non-NSFW, so I'm putting it in the regular General forum. Willing to move to NSFW if needed). It will contain both an altered and greatly expanded cast of Phantom Thieves, which has provided a problem - While I have managed to nail down each of their code names, I still need to come up with Personas for all of them.

As you may or may not know, Personas in P5 follow a theme - they are all rebellious figures. This means that I can't just pick historical/mythological figures willy-nilly - they have to fit with that theme. Combining that with the fact that I'm having trouble finding female rebellious figures in particular, and I decided to ask for suggestions. (Just to be clear: I am specifically looking for female Personas, although I'm not going to stop anyone from posting male ones)

I've nailed down a couple easy ones like Hua Mulan and Jeanne D'Arc, but that's about it. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

2. Maven

Maven Coldblooded Cuddler

Lilith, and if you squint, Eve do come to mind as a form of ur-examples.

3. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  4. DepthOfHeart

Wow, was not expecting someone to drop literally 8 candidates on me. Much appreciated!

After looking the suggestions over, most either don't fit my view of rebellious figures, don't fit the characters that I need Personas for, or they have the name 'Scheherazade', which I would have to be extremely cruel to force any of my characters to say on a regular basis. That being said, both Irene Adler and Dark Agnes are perfect for a couple of my characters - and with that, I now have enough Personas nailed down for the cast to write through the first four Palaces! So, thank you! (Please feel free to drop more ideas, though - I still have a few other slots open)

TheMidnightRook likes this.
  5. Maven

Maven Coldblooded Cuddler

6. DepthOfHeart

Personally, I do feel Scheherazade is a rebellious enough figure for me to use her - like I said, however, it would be rather cruel of me to force a character to have to say such a complicated name over and over.

7. DepthOfHeart

So, I figured I'd let people know - I'm currently posting that fic I mentioned! Fair warning, it is NSFW, although no sexual content has happened yet - just be aware before you dive in.

[NSFW] Trickster of Lust (P5 Fem!Joker Yuri Harem)

Chapter 2 just went up a few moments ago, so if you feel like it, enjoy!

8. Tsuzurao

Tsuzurao Experienced.

To my understanding, Scheherazade's name is pronounced like...

Shuh (like the first part of "shove")
    Hair
    Uh
    Zod (like the DC character, rhymes with "pod")

The name looks complicated, but it doesn't seem that difficult to pronounce once you've actually heard it being said. And it's even simpler if you use the Persian version of the name, Shahrzad, where it's pronounced...

Shar (like "char", but with a "sh" sound instead of a "ch" sound)
    Zod

Bold is used abovve to mark stressed syllables.