1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Alerts from people you follow?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by ElegiacCrown, Apr 16, 2021.

1. ElegiacCrown

ElegiacCrown Neither grandly nor intoxicatingly innocent.

I'm not getting alerts when people I follow post new threads, and I'm not sure whether or not that's a bug because I swear I used to get these alerts. Am I misremembering? Is there a setting I'm missing? Is this just a bug?

DeclanDSI likes this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

You may need to view their threads? When was the last time, you actually read up the threads that they started?

3. ElegiacCrown

ElegiacCrown Neither grandly nor intoxicatingly innocent.

For the most recent example, I'm caught up on all of their threads that I'm directly following, though I have not caught up on the ones they've posted that I'm not following at all.

Ajlove likes this.
  4. DeclanDSI

DeclanDSI The Eternally Dreaming Shrine Maiden

Biigoh, I'm having a similar problem. Whenever a person I follow posts a new thread, I don't get alerts about that. I have to manually search through the people I'm following for their new threads. Are the results of following just not the same like on Spacebattles or is it an actual bug?

From your reply to the other guy, it seems like alerting followers about new threads isn't a feature we get on QQ. Is that correct?

If this isn't a feature we get, might I recommend that feature as a suggestion?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    Ajlove and ElegiacCrown like this.
  5. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

6. ultima333

ultima333 Happy Sunflower Time Administrator

The only alert on new thread I'm familiar with is when you have a specific Forum marked as Watched.
    We do have the add-in for alerts regarding Thread Starters, but that's for existing threads, not new ones.

It looks like there may be an add-on, and one available for XF2 - however, any upgrades or add-ins at this time are on hold, until QQ migrates to XF2.

7. DeclanDSI

DeclanDSI The Eternally Dreaming Shrine Maiden

Yayifications! Though I remember an admin talking about doing that in February. Is there a delay, or is all part of the master plan?

ElegiacCrown and Ajlove like this.
  8. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

The admin that I remember talking about it, said that it was dependant on their available time. I guess they had other commitments interfere?

9. Pen-Peni4

Pen-Peni4 Not too sore, are you?

Now something similar happened to me: looking through the lists of works, I noticed that in one of the works, which, as I remember, I followed, there was activity. After looking there I noticed that the OP made an update, but I didn't receive any alerts! I definitely follow the work, and other notifications, like likes on comments and updates of other works, continue to come to me regularly. Could the OP have done something wrong that would have prevented the alert from being sent?

Ajlove likes this.
  10. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

For that one, I know that if I leave some posts unread in a thread I won't get more alerts for that thread for the most part. That might be a factor?

I do have one thread right now where the OP posted an update and then posted a second update before I read the earlier one, and I got an alert for both updates, but I think that might be a setting I changed rather than the default behavior.

Ajlove likes this.