1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

I recall the author mentioning that when I read the fic. She didn't seem very happy about it. Understandable, as I don't think I can enumerate every fetish that aspect of the Viera alone hits (much less any other aspects), since it might hit some that I've never heard of. Also, enumerating the fetishes might not be appropriate for the SFW subforum.

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  2. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Oh, no argument there. I was giving the 'evolution' thing a sarcastic callout (And have changed the smiley to 'eyeroll' to make that clearer.)

3. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Honestly, the best part about the way Harvey got improved? He was told that every word uttered would add half an inch to his package, and he was confident enough in himself to only utter the one word instead of getting multiple inches added on.

4. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Main OL is on good terms with the Bullock in his universe, so this is apparently a different OL hopping to a different universe.
    I find the idea of a handsome Bullock hillarious. I wanna see where that goes.

Bud-E, Ardy, Cuchulin and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sorrow

Sorrow Getting sticky.

What did I just read? Why did I just read it? What has happened to my Nice, Rationale story!

Bud-E, Someguy Somewhere and zeebza like this.
  6. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Paul has never before acted so much like a god.
    Poor Bullock. He will be lucky to not get arrested for identity theft after that transformation.

While the update was entertaining the fact it comes out of nowhere and has a horrible-to-read colour rather detracts from it.

Otto von Saurion, Cuchulin and zeebza like this.
  7. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

I kinda want to see more of this. Does it say 4a have we seen this timeline before?

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

This is the first time we've been shown this universe.

There will be another chapter tomorrow.

Bud-E likes this.
  9. nobodez

nobodez Bringer of Context

I believe it's "part 4a" because it's based off of Chapter 4 of the fan fiction it's a "crossover" with.

Bud-E likes this.
  10. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

This seems to be a cross over with a fanfic called I just want to see you Smile.
    https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...tern-si-non-standard-teal-ring.340678/reader/
    A very fun fic with a OC SI character.
    If I recall correctly there is Teal-Joy Gold-Pride then Brown which I think was boredom then selfishness and I am not sure what else.

Lovin this chapter Mr Zoat.

11. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

A belly deformed from an over the gut belt looks much uglier to me.

12. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

is this an alternate paul or....

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  13. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!

14. Khettien

Khettien Perpetually confused

Yes. If if recall correctly, it's a codified legal definition that started in the 1860's in England, and was shortly thereafter (in legal terms) adopted by the USA.

See https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=4150d305-9064-431f-97e2-21502528234b for further information.

Edit: As for why it's named in French, historically the English have a love/hate relationship with the French which someone else who may understand it better should probably explain.

Cuchulin likes this.
  15. Gilhelmi

Gilhelmi Know what you're doing yet?

16. Bud-E

I'm kinda more curious in the story of hot detective bullock

Otto von Saurion and Cuchulin like this.
  17. Mr Zoat

Then I can only suggest that you write it.
    I actually... Put a link to it in the story segment.

18. Bud-E

No thnx I'm a shit writer but what was OL logic with altering Bullock did he want to help him?

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  19. Gilhelmi

Gilhelmi Know what you're doing yet?

Then Bless and curse you as well.

EVERYONE GETS BLESSED AND CURSED TODAY FOR I AM LAUGHING FAR TO HARD!

YOU GET BLESSED AND CURSED,
    AND YOU GET A BLESSING AND CURSE,
    I SEE YOU BACK THERE SNICKERING AS WELL, A BLESSING AND A CURSE FOR YOU AS WELL!
    I AM THE BELOVED OPRA OF BLESSING AND CURSES TODAY!!!

and then SB goes down for maintenance right when I was getting to another good part........ that is just a curse, they get the blessing after the site is back up.

Xmaster3000 and Cuchulin like this.
  20. Mr Zoat

He wanted him to go away, but wasn't prepared to hurt him. Giving him involuntary aid helped make his point.

21. Bud-E

I feel like that was an extreme most people wouldn't go to or think of so yeah that sounds like OL logic to me.

Xmaster3000, Vorian, Mr Zoat and 2 others like this.
  22. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

I caught this story about three years ago and I've been following it every day ever since; WTR has a dedicated, pinned tab in my browser and has for awhile now. I like stories. I've read hundreds of books by now (Granted, mostly sci-fi and fantasy but other stuff here and there as well) and few have engaged me consistently for as long as this one has.

With that said, I've considered writing something about a character with a ring but I've been at odds about it for several months now, unable to decide whether or not to do it since this is kind of Zoat's thing. If I were to take a stab at it I think I would do it in a non-DC based universe, though not necessarily a canon franchise as seems to be the theme in this story. Also I'm bad at consistently updating things, haha.

So, it's an open question to all; think I should go for it, or would it come across as just a ripoff or something?

Dragonhulk, Uyurgezn, Fellow and 8 others like this.
  23. Bud-E

Go for it

24. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

Define "good terms"

RichardWhereat likes this.
  25. Whiteeyes

Whiteeyes Non Breeding Bunny

To amswer the questions that may exist about my own SI that is apparently now guest staring here.

1) She has no idea about his SI because of lack of setting knowledge. She has general DC knowledge, not YJ specific.

2) She is a very Neutral Good character. She won't break the law if she doesn't have to, as that causes more problems and issues than needed and just isn't an efficient way to go about making things better in the long run.

3) She very very much disagrees with him, and when she said "you're not as crazy as I expected" it was not a compliment. The crazy amount is higher.

4) I was not consulted about this at all and so haven't had any imput on how this version of Vanilla will act but I'm sharing original creator insight.

26. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Go ahead, plenty of people have done exactly the same and all of the ones I've read have been at least entertaining, and if you really want to do it no one's stopping you.

Hell, Zoat's actually fallowed at least some of 'em in the past, so I don't think he minds all that much.

27. RamiroGalletti

RamiroGalletti Making the rounds.

Cyberweasel89 and October Daye like this.
  28. Radix

Radix Not too sore, are you?

It is hilarious to complain about someone else using your character when writing about a universe someone else owns.

Last I checked, neither Zoat or this creator asked permission from Warner Bros. Nor should they imo. Art is art and people should ne allowed to tell the story they want. Especially if they arent profiting off of it.

Even moreso because this character was created as a YJ SI lantern. That concept sounds familiar.

29. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

I suppose it would since Zoat began his story in 2013 and the one you're talking about began in 2015 according to the timestamps on the link in this thread to the teal lantern story. Noooot quite the slam dunk you probably thought that was. Also, said author has already shown up in this thread and is perfectly capable of being offended on their own behalf, you know.

EDIT: nevermind

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    Cuchulin likes this.
  30. Radix

Radix Not too sore, are you?

I was speaking in favor of Zoat. As far as I am aware he is the progenitor of Lantern SI fics, YJ Lantern fics in particular.

Cuchulin likes this.