1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm assuming a lot of people do that a lot of the time.

Well they did have that combat bot or whatever it was, so they may have some medical tech, even if they don't know how it works.

They did have that combat thing paragon fought.

'my pursuers'

'engine, attaches'

Okay...

...so either the procedure left some changes, or she's been spending too much time around Karsta and renegade, or this is her actual personality and we just didn't see it in paragon Kara since there weren't hostile aliens around.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  3. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

' my '

' engine and attaches '

moralrelativity likes this.
  4. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Wow... They really fucked her over...

5. hance1986

Grayven used a Kryptonian warship's medical tech to fix Kara's brain. Did it leave some bloodlust or imprint or something? I'm reminded of the DC Eradicator for some reason with the word 'eradicate' being bolded by Kara.

6. cerberus beasty

cerberus beasty Making the rounds.

So the brain was repaired but the lost info was replaced with eradicator software?

7. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Kara, honey, you're a Kryptonian not a Viltrumite.

Also, Grayven? Anything Kryptonian saying the word "eradicate" is a crimson red flag.

8. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

I like her enthusiasm.

9. hance1986

Holy shit that would be awesome. Killhappy Kara is still preferable to what the CW spewed upon us.

10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

11. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, a bit of a flashback to show how Kara's recovery went? :( Though from the sound if it... Gee, if only you'd though to go to Krypton sooner, Renegade... Well, what's done (or not done) is done.

Given you know very little of pure Kryptonian biology, definitely worth making sure.

...But fixable, right? Just isn't right to have Superboys without a Supergirl to be exasperated by their behaviour. :p

To be blunt, you were lucky. Probably another month and she'd have been a corpse, her soul drifting along haunting the pod... On the other hand, I'm sure you have a whole spectrum's worth of alternate Kryptonite. Any Pink in there? :p

Joy of clarketech medical technology. If they ain't dead, they can be fixed. And even then, it's a toss-up.

And yet you still had that fear of dying to drive you into what you are now...

...Okay, that is bad. But fixable with Kryptonian technology, right?

Not an option here, alas. This basically is home now...

Oof. Better to keep her under a red sunlight exposure, then. Last thing you'd want is her cruising about with full powers...

What about a magician? Surely one of the many he knows can do something with her? I doubt Cranius's skills would help, talented as he is. Him studying Kryptonian biology would be like trying to repair a smartphone with sharpened rocks.

Too bad he couldn't find the mostly intact facility the Paragon did. :rolleyes: Shame he didn't look hard enough.

To be fair, I'm not sure you aren't, in some fields... That would be like asking if you could look up her race's equivalent to, I don't know, Mongols...

...She might be onto something, sarcastic as the suggestion was.

And it would be completely blank. Not useful in patching up an active mind. It's not like dropping a new video card into a gaming PC... Who knows how a Kryptonian soul would react.

Never underestimate all-powerful leaders' ability to maintain secret stashes of useful things.

If they allowed the people aboard to go wild...

Much more ragnarok-proof, huh? Like to see human tech last, what, thousands of years?

Shopping with prejudice. And lots of punching... So, like a Black Friday Sale, then. :D

Yep, I don't think they were happy to see him... At all.

Toldja, corrupt leadership plus ancient tech equals secret stashes.

...I do hope they no longer have sunstones? Or are you planning another trip sometime to correct that?

One of the weakest weaksauce weaknesses ever.

Because of course an El was involved...Sticking their fingers in just about every bit of Kryptonian history...

So of course he decided to see if a colony could survive with that sort of applied xenophobia... Because SCIENCE!

...That sounds like a lot of uncertainty for the trouble the Renegade went to...

Let's hope you don't roll a 1.

At least she seems to be fully functioning?

...I bet that roll was reaaaal low.

Well, we can but hope that she's not partially mind-fscked by some manner of Eradicator system. Heck, for all we know, maybe she was kind of a bitch in her time on Krypton. o_O And seeing her planet destroyed and finding herself amongst an alien race shook her out of it? I suppose the next few chapters will let us see which it was...

12. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Did...

Did the puritan-funded colony auto-surgeon have an anti-xenos engram it implanted when it fixed her brain?

13. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Yeah. Looks like that Daxamite xenophobia got mixed in. Probably had some brainwashing bullshit as part of the program to reinforce their culture and the rulership of their leaders.

14. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

For The Emperor Rao!

15. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

How many of these assumptions are incorrect? The Fortress seemed to be able to analyze Kryptonite just fine, for example. Has Renegade actually been to the Fortress or taken detailed scans of it? (and even then, I think not expecting everything to be accessible by power ring when it comes to Kryptonian tech isn't the most unreasonable thing).

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Cranius may actually be able to figure it out.

And finding a mafician that may know about Kryptonian metaphysics may be incrediblydifficult.

Now I'm picturing renegade and Luthor walking through a flower garden and Luthor telling renegade he's been working for him all along, all the dgile an old man is laughing at renegades situation.

They don't like aliens, at all.

And I doubt tenegades brand of....himself, helped all that much.

I think in the comics she had some prejudice against Kon due to him being a clone, so she may have some prejudice here.

Though it may have been from a fanfic I read instead of from the comics.

Or the healing device, which belonged to a bunch of xenophobes and was probably made by one, fixed her and made her somewhat xenophobic since it thought that was the correct way to be.

Or seeing as she grew up in a xenophobic society she may also have such tendencies, at least if the aliens are hostile.

We may not have seen this type of behavior from paragon Kara since there were no hostile at the time.

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He has been to the Fortress before even talked to Jor El.

He got a database on Kryptonian culture for Kon and data on Kryptonite.

Though yeah the Forteess having ring defences makes sense.

18. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Considering Mr Zoat liked the two following quotes under this, I think it's safe to say that Renegade!Kara has been made much more anti-alien.

The Renegade was able to download all the information the Fortress of Solitude had about Krypton. It's how he was able to turn Kon into a full Kryptonian.

19. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Remember, Grayven lost most of his Meta Knowledge when he soul fucked himself with the Fatherbox.

And yes, it looks like she has been infected by the Eradicator given the direct mention of Kem-El it's creator.

Cuchulin and zeebza like this.
  20. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

what the f$%#? and when is grayven gonna change daxam. are their leadership chosen by the populace or is it hereditary?

Cuchulin and Prince Charon like this.
  21. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Zoat nerfed everything that wasn't Power Rings, so the assumptions probably were correct.

Cuchulin, Silveraith and Z3r0Sama like this.
  22. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

As clones were created to be soldiers, that's the only existing mental template the equipment had.
    it was a choice between using that to fill in the missing bits, or having her be a stereotypical dumb blonde.

The whole thing is a bit of a plot hole fridge logic sort of thing though.
    Grayven had the fortress data, a power ring, and the genomorphs, so he really didn't need to bother with the Daxamites.

Taking their secret stash of tech will likely improve their society long term as their leaders no longer have the means to unilaterally enforce unpopular decisions.

23. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

It seems like slowly be surely paragon's behavior is producing more and more awesome long term results. While Renegades choices are slowly be surely coming back around to bite him on the ass. I love it when the universe has consequences for being an selfish, petty, asshole. Maybe not all the time but certainly most of the time until he grew the fuck up recently.

24. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

The threadmarking suggests a whole new renegade episode. As someone who dropped paragon storyline last year I'm super excited.

25. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

So here's an important question...

Will Zoat remember that Vega is a Blue Sun and that Kryptonians get super charged under Blue Suns...

Cuchulin likes this.
  26. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Depends on whether or not you remember that Vega is a star cluster and therefore consists of more than one sun.

27. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

Great chapter but why do you have to tug on my heart by bringing poor Opportunity into it? When we send manned missions to Mars, they'll definitely be recovering Opportunity.

28. Radix

Radix I trust you know where the happy button is?

I mean long term, Renegade's Earth seems much better off. There isnt the Light lurking to screw things up. Plus he has empowered various groups.

Why does Grayven use the word chirurgy instead of surgery?

Lord Ernest likes this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think it's a British thing.

Paragon also uses it a lot.

Cuchulin likes this.
  30. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

Have you heard anything from any surviving member of the Light in how many chapters? That would be because their scared shitless. He didn't hunt them down and murder them all... just half of them. They don't have a magic user at the moment. I think all that is left is Luthor, Savage, and Brain. I'm not sure if Brain is still alive. Even if their is anyone still alive to fill the ranks they'll have to deal with multiple armies of lanterns and a fleet of starships can show up and ream them at will. Paragon has empowered a LOT more groups without screwing up his relationship with previous groups.

Cuchulin likes this.