1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Non canon elseworld bullshit to make Xenomorphs relevant against comic book super humans in the same way Marvel has the punisher beat the crap out of wolverine or other super humans.

Xenomorphs are a silicon based life form that at the absolute most emulates traits of their "host" and have minor telepathic capabilities everything beyond that is non canon shit of a similar status to fanfiction.

2. Alasnuyo

Alasnuyo I am always here

Does Grayven-16 knows that ReneGrayven has basically set up his own lantern corps on Tamaran?

3. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

You.. do know you're reading fanfiction, right?

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

End? The head's still exactly as a live as the Ra's and savage constructs.
    Thank you, corrected.
    No, that's fine.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Yes.
    Yes.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He has a partial piece of the Omega Effect, not Anti Life.

Wetbananas, Ardy, HearthBorn and 2 others like this.
  6. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Have the genomorphs participated in heavy combat before in the Renegade timeline? I don’t believe they were present for the attack on the Unmen town, Darkseid’s appearance at the mountain wasn’t really a fight, Lynne was protected by her bodyguard when British forces attacked team Grayven, Grayven took care of the Persuader, and I don’t remember them helping against the bondage fairy invasion.

The genomorphs are an uncertain ally, going by comic book logic and their unique vulnerabilities. Any surprise could butterfly into concerning defensive measures down the road. Hmm. I wonder what the telepathic hivemind feels when one of their kind is destroyed by Grayven’s omega beams.

7. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

What's Persuader's axe made of? Is it the same one from the future taken from the 'first' Persuader's corpse or New God tech? Being able to still make portals when Boom Tubes don't function is interesting (as is the fact that Boom Tubes don't work, hope we see how that happens. Scott's domain of Freedom might have helped deal with that problem if he was around); along with its ability to work on Estrogina (though I believe Renegade should still have the Sword of the Fallen as well).
    Artemis has some sort of metaphysical connection to Renegade, so presumably that extends to Lynne too. She might be better at the whole tracking and hunting thing.

Bringing along the ponies might have been good to counter the Omega Effect.
    Edit: Bud E already mentioned that, I see.

The use of black speech when it's being used does indicate that it's at least adjacent to Anti-Life, or something along those lines.

8. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Translation: "Started the cycle as soon as she spoke." I don't think anyone who knows the Renegade will have any doubt that things are going to get violent. I only pity those caught in the splash zone. :D

Abrupt, but she would have heard the child's voice. Even if she didn't know about Lynne, she'd know the Renegade won't hesitate to help a child... One who deserved it, anyway.

Amazed he's not seeing red yet... I suppose that'll be saved for if Lynne or the succupire kids are hurt...

So, focusing on the Renegade's more obvious allies. The homeworld of the gordanians, the Renegade's home base in the sector, and the next largest threat.

Not unexpected, obviously. Presumably Grayven-16 intends to force them to rebuild to his design once he's won.

The Kryptonian creche-world? I suspect any fighting there would end up messily, between Superman, the Doomsday, and hundred of teenage kryptonians with military upbringings.

Interesting. Making the passages so tight that even a small Tube aperture can't be opened?

He wants to be seen beating you. Once you take the field, he'd make a beeline for you.

Since her powers can't affect mechanical brains... yet. Good to hear she's not worried.

The benefit of Grayven-16 having locked onto the not-him fragment of 'Conquest' Lynne is holding.

Now you get it. Essentially, you turned her into bait. I mean, I'm not saying you did wrong helping her, but... Choices mean consequences, after all.

Yes, the dumb muscle ladies. Hardly the most powerful of New Gods, when it comes down to it.

So, largely a distraction for the Renegade's forces. Since they're both.

Never dismiss the chance of surprise reinforcements, Renegade.

So, gathering local forces with the lure of big prizes of slaves and wealth. Then using his own more dedicated and empowered troops to clean up those weakened by the trash.

<Grabs Malteasers> Ooh, things are gonna get messy...

...Or not. It's possible to interdict Boom Tubes?

Why Persuader? Because the lady with the time-displaced super-axe can cut anything, even distance.

Ah, will he recognise the femazon pirate? Eh, I doubt he'll care either way. (Sorry, no reminder link, even the DC.Fandom wiki doesn't recognise her name... :p )

Eh, that'll buff out. Quick hit of a purple healing ray, or a bit of mana...

Ah, yes... Her famed 'immunity to Spectrum energies'. At least we finally get to see the Renegade try to assimilate someone again. It's been a while.

Not that you'd want to get near her. She probably likes it rough. As in, 'broken pelvis' rough...

At least now he has a name for your tombstone... Oh, wait, he's not going to bother burying you...

Backstabbing with a Greataxe. Now that's style.

Let's see how well that Spectrum immunity works when you're dead?

At the least, you'll be able to find out what she knows of Grayven-16's plan. Probably not much, though, she's even dumber muscle than Knockout.

...Oh, boy. Better hope Grayven-16 is curious enough to not hurt her.

To be fair, as long as the Renegade is concerned right now, all he needs her to do...

...Is open the way. Hopefully he remembers to leave a healing drone or purple ray set up on her...

And so the ground is set up for the two Gods of Conquest to face each other in person at last. To use the wrasslin' vernacular, this promises to be one hell of a slobber-knocker. I get the feeling Grayven-16 has no idea of what he's set loose on himself... But he's about to find out reaaaal soon. :D

9. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I wonder how useful Estrogina's head is going to be as a construct-Lantern. Maybe she can construct a new body for herself, or just fly around headbutting people. If she retains her construct resistance, that would be useful.
    Did the Zamaron Pirates meet the Citizenry at any point, or did Grayven keep them separated to avoid them both getting distracted just fighting each other or something?

10. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

It's not about what it's made out of, it's an atomic axe.

It generates a field that allows it to cut through matter on the subatomic level, has also been used to cut peculiar targets for an axe like gravity, electromagnetic energy, or the space-time continuum.

So think of it as basically a Crumbler axe, if one ignores that Zoat actually made up its ability to work on energy constructs for this fic.

11. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Canonically, it can cut through Raven's soul-self and through parallel universes.

12. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

Why? Just...

I looked it up. She's a real character... Someone at DC actually came up with and decided to use that name.

But just... why!? The non-existent linguist/onomastist in me is crying.

13. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Immunity to spectrum energies? Might serve as a decent opponent for Paragon, though he has plenty of workarounds.

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  14. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

But... He's not actually you... You literally just had an outside God source tell you this...

Eld_Tiger and Otto von Saurion like this.
  15. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

She's a joke character for a joke series.

She ate Ted who was a chipmunk because he deflowered a three thousand plus virgin sorceress looking to mate for life.

What's weird about her is not her name, it's that she's supposed to be a Zamaron.

You know, the ladies who aren't known for being golden orange and are known for their psychic control over the power of love and not for being superstrong and invulnerable.

16. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Does she have a Ty-D-Bol hair color too? She even asked if Grayven was the Manager.

17. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Fortunate that Superman was powerless, when a xenomorph incubated in him, perhaps. IIRC, he survived because he was just regaining his invulnerability when the chestburster tried to, er, burst.

Or, perhaps being inside his body blocked the xenomorphs kryptonian organelles from activating? Maybe kryptonians under yellow sunlight are naturally resistant to xenomorphs, even if they get implanted with a larva?

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Paragon already fought her and won.

It was in Vega Baby I think.

Cuchulin, Ardy, SaltyWaffles and 2 others like this.
  19. JeanEricVillon

JeanEricVillon Getting out there.

20. BlueMangoAdea

He did? Gotta check that out, then.

21. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

Actually, that's what this whole war is about. The winner is Grayven, the loser is Fake Grayven. Which one came first is largely irrelevant.

22. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

To chime in on the Alien crossovers with DC comics . . . Xenomorphs in the DC crossovers take on traits they shouldn't even be capable of taking on. There was this really fucking dumb black ops government program to use Hybrids to keep superheroes "in check" by splicing Xenomorph and Supervillain DNA. And for whatever reason they used Batman's villains as the source of the Supervillain DNA. (Our of universe because it was Batman vs Alien, fuck if I know the in-universe reason.)

The first Hybrids we see have the DNA of Joker, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, and Mister Freeze.

And it's like, 3 of the 5 people just listed are just regular ass people. Joker just fell into a vat of chemicals, Two-Face got burned by acid, and Scarecrow was just a dude who knew how to make fear inducing chemicals. But apparently they're top picks for making these Hybrids.

And then they arbitrarily take on thematically appropriate traits.

The Joker Hybrid has his white and green coloration. The Scarecrow Hybrid for some reason looks like a gaunt ghoul. The Two-Face Hybrid has half of its body look burned. Shit that should be totally removed from their DNA, but if you splice it into something that's what you get.

Appearance wise, all the male Hybrids basically looked like Humans with Xenomorph heads and exoskeletons. The one made from Poison Ivy looked like a somewhat attractive woman with a Xenomorph's tail. (If you're into the GI Jane look.)

They were also sapient, sane, and perfectly capable of cooperating and following orders. And for some reason Batman was perfectly happy to kill them.

There was a final Hybrid made with Killer Croc's DNA, but he was a mindless killer who ended up killing the woman in charge of the program because I guess Killer Croc is such a vicious asshole on a genetic level that not even Queen pheromones will stop a Hybrid copy of him from slaughtering you.

23. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

A bit of musing on this. Given Ace's canonical powers, and the fact Lynne is - for want of a better description - a 'bud' of Conquest/Acquisition, if she develops proper godly powers, would her 'niche', possibly, be Assimilation?

24. BlueMangoAdea

Checked the chapter. Not yet at the part where he killed her, but he was able to bypass her protection easily enough using x-ionized blades.

Otto von Saurion and Ardy like this.
  25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If you want to find out what happened then read the spoiler below, if not then you'll see in the chapter.

After he beat them some Citadelians and a Psion came and took her along with the rest of the Zamarons.

Cuchulin, Otto von Saurion and Ardy like this.
  26. Rockinalice

Rockinalice Versed in the lewd.

What most people forget is that most civilizations in DC that reached high levels of technology have weapons that can kill Yellowsun empowered kryptonians pretty easily. Because their empire was still a thing not like 200 years ago them retreating to krypton was only in the last few centuries

So most space civilization would have probably Develop a few weapons to Specifically fight them An example is The blue beetle scarab Has like a few 100 weapons that can be used against a yellow sun empowered kryptonian the psion probably had quite a few as well

I think the reason That Superman doesn't normally get his shit kicked in in space It's most likely because most civilizations don't normally keep those type of weapons on the hand even though they Probably have them
    2 that the authors don't take into account krypton was only destroyed not that long ago and was an interstellar empire not long ago And only became isolationists very recently in galactic terms people knew about them and their abilities under Yellowsun most likely so the would have developed alot of countermeasures for them
    3 Plus PLOT ARMOR

(i love superman but even i see that most of his Ridiculous feats are things he should never have been able to do without Author Fiat. because if he could do those things without Author fiat that would have meant every other yellow sun empowered Kryptonian could to and if that's the case they probably would have taken over the universe
    By this point)

27. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Probably Subjugation.

Which is going to have interesting effects on her relationships when she's older.

Vorian and Otto von Saurion like this.
  28. Pez

Pez Spaceman

You apparently haven't met 50% Chad.

29. Radix

Radix Not too sore, are you?

In this Xenomorph scenario, does Paul remember Xenomorphs?

If he does, it will be a curbstomp as soon as he realizes what he is dealing with.

If he doesnt, it will just take slightly longer.

Even at his most reckless (Tangside, Grayven), I doubt Paul is dumb enough to break quarantine on an unknown alien egg. He definitely doesnt break quarantine on someome who falls unconscious right after an egg hatches.

Even with exotic abilities such as a Kryptonian, he can still likely contain them. The Power Rings are incresibly strong.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  30. The Froggy Ninja

The Froggy Ninja The Blade Will Never Die

I know Hinon has mentioned she could do magic, do we know why ring scans are absolutely nosold by even unpowered wards, even though Paul has discovered the problem?
    Also, did we ever get back to unmiserabling Akhlys?

Cuchulin and Otto von Saurion like this.