1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

... of course he gave his daughter the magic artefact that makes her immortal.
    Why wouldn't he have?

2. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ooh, haven't seen him bust out superspeed in a while. And if you don't remember, it's only temporary because his Godly physique resets itself from the augmentation. Still, busting it out now? You know this is serious!

And this is why he doesn't use it often. Each time, it lasts for less and less time. Basically building a resistance to it, sort of.

Yes, so many people in-universe who are completely unaware of her full potential. Most only know of her mental abilities, but that's only a small part of her full repetiore...

Heh, not expecting that, were you, Grayven? A pleasant reminder that you aren't as invincible as you thought you were.

Okay, Sinthia stomping on her didn't hurt her? Unexpected. And of course Grayven only has a pale imitation of the full Omega Force. Like everything else about him, he proves a pathetic copy of Darkseid...

Yes, that's an ability she possesses. Whether it's technological or innate, no-one but the writer of that original appearance knows. And they probably just thought it'd look cool...

Hmm... Perhaps she'd undergone something similar to the Tamaranean Princesses. Something that awakened energy manipulation abilities or the like. Or she's simply got a very basic kind of Power Ring from Qward. Bet getting it was expensive.

Yeah, whatever she's done clearly makes her invulnerable (The Right Eye of Zoltec, presumably) but I doubt it helps with pain. And well done, Renegade. That's what you get for not being prepared.

And it's a lot more useful in close quarters than the surfboard Daiklave... Not as sharp as an X-Ionised blade, but with a nastier side-effect on hits.

Heh. Never underestimate someone working within their Godly domain.

Sinthia again, I see. But where the real Grayven in all this?

Figures. Letting his underlings do the hard work. Though honestly, I'm not surprised the Renegade is worried for his family.

Indeed, Ringnestro. As for Grayven, He's probably taking a moment to gather his wits after being actually wounded. After all, that counts for a lot in the battlefield of Godly Narrative...

For reference, an Orrery. Presumably this one serves as the targetting system for the planet-killer weapon. As for the Omega Effect, the full version Darkseid wields can do nearly anything he wills. Too bad Grayven's seems limited to smashing and breaking things.

Really, Renegade? The name Ovula doesn't rate a mention?

Not quite reaching for Enlightenment, but that state of mind should make him much more focused.

Ah, that's why Grayven-50 put so much effort into saving his version. She's a useful asset.

Ah, yes, a weakness of Spectrum users: Mental attacks.

On the upside, that'll weaken the beams.

Not an unexpected feat, having each beam strike a different target. I see he's put some effort into training it.

Well, there's a minor win for the Renegade. Forcing Grayven to quit the field like that definitely gives him a metaphorical nudge. And now next item they meet, maybe the Renegade can taunt him by calling him 'Brave Sir Robin' or something. :p Not that he'd get the joke.

Oh shit! Purple Healing Ray, stat!

To be fair, the whole place could explode right now and the Renegade would barely notice except to protect Lynne...

Ah, the nonchalance of the young. Sure, she had a cheat, but still...

To be fair, Lynne, he has a point. He had no way of knowing you were protected...

Nothing says it has to be worn outside your clothing, does it? All it needs is skin contact, after all.

...Wasn't it originally set in a necklace? Why wouldn't you think of that first?

Yes, feeling a bit silly now, aren't you, Renegade? I mean, she was still in danger from the Omega Beams, since there's no info on whether the Right Eye's invulnerability could trump even Grayven's lesser versions... But you've trained her well, she's not going to go into a fight without every advantage she can get...

Okay, bit of a cop-out. But there's still the matter of where Grayven's flagship (and it's planet-killer weapon) is, which I presume is where they're fleeing to. Let's hope the Renegade can prevent them from firing it at any planet in Vega that the Renegade likes. Unfortunately, Tamaran is the prime target for it...

...combined with her mental abilities...
    Unnecessary 'a'.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Few more years and she'll be a certified reality warmer.

There was that general that could make energy copies of himself, so maybe her powers are due to Psion experiments.

Or Actually Grayven could have given them to her somehow to make her more useful.

Yes, but the guy that had it previously had it implanted in himself.

4. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

"I swallowed it."

"Oh. I thought-"

"Come to think, I might have problems getting it back out at the far end."

5. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ah, for a second I was all "WTF" because I thought she'd stuck it up her butt or something.

6. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Did she swallow the eye?

7. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Will Grayven spawn a second Lynne if he stabs her while she’s empowered by the Eye?

Also I wonder if Lynne is going to get a yellow ring out of this. Loot the bodies!

8. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You won't see this... But for everyone else's sake I will explain all the same.

You're reading digital scans of physical books. Which is fine and all. But with that you tend to get the digital equivalent of color bleed because you end up with dozens of different people, using dozens of different scanning programs, to scan dozens of different books of varying qualities. This is compounded by the fact that older book colors aren't uniform. Instead they depend on printer ink, which for older things isn't always one set color.

Deadring and Otto von Saurion like this.
  9. Radiant Knight

Radiant Knight Phoenix Fire

Hahahahaha.

10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

11. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Great fight scene. I actually thought that Lynne was going to die, and maybe (our) Grayven as well.

12. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

:eek:

Doccer and Otto von Saurion like this.
  13. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Synthia had the (apparent) other Ring, and when Original Flavor Gravy bailed he took her with him.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  14. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Hi Mr Zoat. Found a few errors.

This no longer links to the story part.

Is that suppose to be contract like a dark pact, or is it supposed to be 'contact'?

That should say 'your'.

The yellow part should say 'abandons her construct'.

15. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

It does when I click on it. Anyone else?
    Thank you, corrected.
    No, that's correct.

Chojin Patriarch and Ngamer11 like this.
  16. Silveraith

Silveraith Argent Phantasm

It takes me to the page the post is on but not the post itself.

nobodez likes this.
  17. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

That's cause Darkseid has way way way more time to practice using it. In other words Darkseid has better accuracy.

Edit: I have the prints of the issues were Grayven first appears. But heck if I can find them.

18. mastermenthe

mastermenthe Mint Thistle

In Exalted rpg terms, would these three instances of godspeech be distinctly different actions? The first one feels like a keyword combo, the second feels like a stunt, and the third feels like a singular named charm.

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  19. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Hey there irate random poster, did you know you can easily fuck up all the links just by deleting a few of your earlier posts so the story posts get moved to an earlier page? Make them pay, make them all pay!

Hey there power mad moderator, no need to feel left out. Because every time you fail to acting on reports in a quick and time manner and instead end up deleting an old post, you have a 1/30

chance of breaking every thread mark that comes after it!

Feel free to get all salty and affronted about what was said in some week/months ago that no one cares about anymore!
    Delete that post! Make them fear your power and respect your authority!

The link was broken for me. because the link said the installment was on the 1340th page.
    So it tried to take me to the 1340th page, and then to the post on that page.
    Except the post was nowhere on that page. It ended up being the last post on the 1339th page.

20. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Couldn't he store extra drones in his rings?
    Urgh. Reminds me of Paul and his aversion to CQC. You're a Lantern. You're gonna get into Lantern fights. And even if you weren't you fight in a universe with Lanterns. It wouldn't have to come up all that often bit when it does...
    There's color change here. Is the anti-life equation in effect here or something?
    So wait- it's anomalous effects only effect magical targets? It's just a knife to everyone else?
    Are they someone he remembers?

Otto von Saurion and Ardy like this.
  21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No, it's just the Omega Effect and gt may have some similarities to the Anti Life.

Both tend to destroy the minds and soils of people.

Pretty much.

No, he's just really incredulous at their names.

They're called Estrogina, Ovula and other things like that.

They're names are basically references to female organs and hormones, so that's why he's weirded out.

Though I don't know what Muliebri is referring to.

22. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Am I mixing up renegade and paragon stories or should the fact that there is an apparently evil Tamaranean working against Renegrayven be a bigger deal?

Otto von Saurion and Bud-E like this.
  23. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

It probably should be, but he's a bit distracted at the moment.

His daughter needed saving after all, and some lady with a power ring doesn't take priority over that.

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I don't think so.

In the comics it was never revealed what species Sinthia belonged to.

She was just shown to have golden like skin and can make purple energy constructs that resemble.

As to how she ended up working for Actually Grayven, well if I were to guess based on some of the things shown, mostly during the Conquerors Moon episode, Sinthia was enslaved by the Citadel and raped by them, after that I guess she was given to some Gordanians who Actually Grayven eventually subjugated, and she later managed to become his second-in-command.

25. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

He’s probably grateful he didn’t have to fight Clittoria

26. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Well either Zoat made Grayven more powerful or Gravy is an inferior Lantern than Kyle.

Because Kyle's constructs have blocked Grayven's Omega Beams.

[​IMG]

Or if one was as clever as Firestorm, form a funnel to hit someone with their own Omega Beams-

[​IMG]

27. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

This is why you're supposed to link to posts and not to pages, but QQ doesn't make it obvious how to actually do that (if it's even possible).

I think it's more that Zoat nerfed power rings, which is something that's been fairly consistent from the beginning of the fic. While there are things that ringslingers can do in Zoat's canon that they can't do in other settings, this is because Zoat's focus has consistently been on making people use a weaker power in a smarter way instead of just making the underlying power stronger.

28. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

I'm pretty sure we've seen Sinthia before working for Grayven-50 though I might be wrong

Ardy and Assblaster5000 like this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No, you're right.

She worked for him.

Renegade hit her with the Anti-Life piece he had and she was mind whammied.

Ardy, Bud-E and Assblaster5000 like this.
  30. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

That was Earth 50 though. On Earth 16, Tamaran is supposed to be under control of Renegrayy

Ardy, Otto von Saurion and Bud-E like this.