1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

Artemis met Luna after they came back from Summer's End. Luna thought she was being asked to join a harem and was girding herself before being corrected.

Ardy, Silveraith, DAT_NOOB and 3 others like this.
  2. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

I thought we said it was the care bear stare now.

3. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

"I'm going to shoot the concept of diplomacy into you with a bow."

4. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

5. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I kind of hope Artemis can only do this with Renegade/Grayven because of her metaphysical ties to him. If she can just shoot (presumably non-lethal) arrows of emotional/personality traits at people...well, it won't be the most broken power out there, but it's certainly one of the most creative and versatile interpretations of a New God's domain that we've seen in the fic (the New Goddesses of Magic can probably do better, but that just make sense). It's still fun though.

I don't know if Mr Zoat was inspired at all by canon season 3's merging of Granny Goodness and Gretchen Good in the last episode.

Actually, since New Gods can function anywhere in the universe, even outside thaumospheres, what would New Gods of Magic like Circe and Zatanna be capable of exactly, if they were in space? Would they just tap into the Source directly to manifest the same magical effects or something?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    erebus1994, BookZone, Ardy and 7 others like this.
  6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It is love, but more of the friendship variety.

So it either automatically attached itself to him or he's in renegades body.

'arranged'

'this is'

Maybe 'God-Name'

You have no idea how ridiculous that sword is.

I'm picturing Ringnestro never letting renegade live this down, since Actually Grayven may not be around to bitch at.

And there's renegade.

'tells'

Consequences you big grey bitch.

More than kind of.

Laughter is the best medicine.

7. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, the bullshitery of cosmic-level DC powers. Good thing the not-angel that made it isn't around. I rather think he'd be upset with you for messing with his work. As it is, I rather suspect there's already a lot of unhappy people looking to give you a good kicking, Grayven.

I suppose he has that much in common with the Renegade. Both want orderly universes. But Grayven wants it to be his order.

Yes, not used to thinking of anyone as an equal, or even anything other than a tool to be employed, eh?

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, boy. And Now I see why they felt so at odds before. The edges of their metaphysiques weren't aligned the way Artemis and the Renegade's are. It would have been like mismatched gears, grinding and jerking against each other...

"Alone, you say? I think not." Ah, Mother Box, always the best lines.

Only because your gear and his are turning on the same axle now...

I bet his Rings don't recognise you as a valid operator, though. While you may have shared the outline of a Godhead, your minds are far too different.

No, you're going to serve as her archery target.

Good on, Artemis. The Mission above all else. And you need to know what he wants... So it can be taken away from him.

Yes, this has been noticed. To the point where some declare it a single system with multiple stars, rather than an entire sector...

I suspect the Tamaraneans might have something to say on that matter.

Yes, such a strange feeling, eh? People willing to work together not out of fear of some mightier power, but of mutual goals. Take a look at what proper Conquest looks like, boy.

...That is a long-ass time. Given that the origin of it noted posits that it was created before Larfleeze chose Vega as his hidey-hole, that's older than our entire Solar System...

In other words, she just flew right through the middle of it? Heh, blunt as I'd expect of someone following Grayven.

Again, too hasty, boy. Perhaps you should give some thought as to what happened, rather than trying to immediately claim his stuff.

Good to see you're not a complete idiot, then.

Bah! He was doing your job better than you were. I rather suspect, to some degree, that you were starting to look like him.

Especially when the target is ramming pure Avarice into the barrel of the gun. Two very different, yet subtly related primal forces coming together like that? Who knows what might happen.

Well, I expect the Renegade will be reconsidering the Surf-Blade after this. Alongside actually putting some effort into physical training.

Rude, Grayven. Ringnestro will remember that.

Because that's how it worked with the Renegade. He actually recognised that others might know better than he did on some subjects...

Which has to irk Grayven. What with his obsession with totalitarian dominance.

Ah, but that breeds discontent from those ruled, boy. Consider how the gordanians must chafe at following your orders that go against their normal instincts, their cultural traditions...

Yeah, she doesn't like you. Surely this isn't the first time someone's defied you in full Conquest mode, Grayven?

Collegiality... Friendship. Oh, hell yeah. Hitting him with all the things he lacks, eh?

Fellowship... Loyalty. Not the kind you espouse, though. That's simple domination.

I told you Ringnestro would remember that. And I doubt he even knows how to access the Orange Ring, but it would probably give him a resounding, "Command refused."

Diplomacy... Honesty. Something you have no real concept of. Everything you are is a lie, isn't it, Grayven?

Uplift... Generosity. Being gracious to those with less than you. Reaching out to build them up...

Self-depreciation... Humbleness. Kindness. Everything you are not, with your self-aggrandizing posturing, boy.

Humor... Laughter, naturally. Something someone as serious as you, as edgy as you are, can't bear to do, can you?

Nice, Artemis. Calling on the Renegade's essence and channelling things that would bring his spirit into sharp focus. Not quite the classic six-point Harmony rainbow beam of doom, but I think Grayven is about to have a real bad time in his own head. Tomorrow is going to be big. Make sure you have snacks ready!

As a possessive 'it', wouldn't this be 'it's'?
    ...but from the feel of its' spirit...

Double Space.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Technically so does renegade.

True, but with Actually Grayven's God powers he may have been able to subdue them.

The guy was created in the 90s.

He a 90s era comic book character.

Laughter or anything lighthearted isn't a concept that exists for him.

9. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Renegade's dead.

So unless they hop over to the New God afterlife and drag his soul back the best we are going to get is Grayven with a few bits of Renegade tacked onto him.

Tamaran has minutes before it's scoured clean of all life by the combination of gamma ray's and other solar ejecta caused by the multiple colliding star's.

So I think the Tamaraneans have bigger problems to worry about.

Cuchulin likes this.
  10. Lone Courier 6

Lone Courier 6 Wanderer of threads

Dead is a very strong word for what has happened, but heir Souls appeared to have merged and what appears to be happening is a conflict of which version New God of Conquest will ultimately be left to continue their ways, with the abilities of the other added to themselves?

11. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

If that's what Zoat was going for he did a really really bad job of portraying it.

Because there wasn't even a single "the dregs of his soul are fighting me" in there to support the idea of a merger instead of Grayven just blasting him to dust and gaining his metaphysical everything.

12. Radiant Knight

Radiant Knight Phoenix Fire

Yeah except Grayven didn't blast him into dust, and even the dialogue in the chapter points out that Grayven had no idea what happened to the body and that this sort of thing has never happened before. He just randomly disappeared.

13. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I was being facetious... I didn't mean blast him to dust literally...

14. Xelloss

Xelloss Know what you're doing yet?

Exalted player : "seems legit"

15. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

I think that's happened (along with similar things) multiple times in various Exalted games. Like, it's a game where 'punching someone into next Tuesday' can literally turn the target into the the concept of 'next Tuesday.'

16. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    No, I think that's alright.
    YES THAT WAS A TOTALLY INTENTIONAL THING THAT I MEANT TO DO.
    No, it's is always an abbreviation of it is.

I think.
    Not quite.

Thank you, corrected.

17. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I assumed it was because it was sort of renegades body she was shooting, so it's more bringing him to the forefront rather than inserting characteristics into him.

18. asparagus

asparagus Know what you're doing yet?

So she's destroying the non-Paul parts of his soul?

ChestBurster and DAT_NOOB like this.
  19. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Yes.

20. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Or bringing the Paul parts forward.

ChestBurster and DAT_NOOB like this.
  21. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Now if she had a common sense arrow, that would be OP as fuck.

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Renegade would become a serious Mary Sue if he had common sense.

ChestBurster and TheSkywardStar like this.
  23. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Wait. It was accidental?

24. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

I know trick arrows are the Arrow family’s “thing” but that is getting ridiculous.

25. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Grayven-16: "I used to be a Conqueror like you, then I took several Arrows of Friendship to the knee."

I just had to do it. I'm not sorry.

You could have just said "Life Equation".

IIRC Darkseid got on the whole Anti-Life kick because he heard some alien race hypothesized the existence of a mathematical equation that proved the validity of Life (or something like that). So he figured if there was math that proved Life true, then there had to be an opposite equation to prove Life false.

Just like how Subtraction is the opposite of Addition.

So the Anti-Anti Life would just be the regular Life Equation. Which if you think about it, might just be what the Elements of Harmony are a part of.

You know since these things are basically magical math problems, I'd love to see the Anti-Life fail to work on someone because they flunked Math class.

26. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

That would require one Grayven to have common sense.
    NO OF COURSE NOT.
    [​IMG]

Please note the presence of the meow arrow.

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

One version is an Apokaliptian, the other one is a Paul.

Both are things that are not known for their common sense.

Frankly Common Sense Paul's existence is a miracle.

I can't tell if this is an actual comic or something someone drew as a joke, but hot damn that's a ridiculous arrow.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  28. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Did we read the same update, Vae? "The dregs of his soul are fighting me" absolutely happened in there. You just didn't recognize it for what it was, because it wasn't written so bluntly and inelegantly as a cliche of multiple personalities.

Even before Artemis shot him, the Renegade's thought processes were pushing at his behaviors:

The Renegade gets what he wanted.

The Renegade gets rid of a source of outside interference.

The Renegade continues to empower his partner.

This is what a real mind whammy looks like. It's not unexplained impulses contrary to your nature that you comply with regardless. It's having your nature altered so that you rationalize those impulses as something you think you would have done anyway.

29. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

And when PAul is reformed using Grayven's body, he'll get ALL DA PERKS.
    (New body, Fully matured New God powers, Worshipers, Apokolptian BIG SHIP, Harem)

What's he going to do with the Gordanians?

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Plus there's this.

Though seeing as you're arguing with Vaermina, using logic, reason and evidence, which Vaermina does not recognise as being things, I think you're just wasting your time.