1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Emma Barnes, Princess (Worm/Princess the Hopeful)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Lord Ultimus, Sep 27, 2015.

1. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Hearts is only neck and neck with Storms because people have also split the vote over the other options

Storms-36
    Hearts-36
    Swords-5
    Spades-4
    Tears-4
    Mirrors-1

See? If the Swords and Spades voters switched to Hearts then even if the Tears and Mirrors voters backed Storms instead of switching to Hearts then Hearts would win

2. Lord Ultimus

Lord Ultimus Gone for Good

Personal life is getting in the way. Voting is extended until this afternoon.

Navrin likes this.
  3. Navrin

Navrin Experienced.

How is that even remotely relevant to "what if your not voting causes those horrible atrocities to be committed"? I don't believe that my presence is particularly likely to end a vote-split (or cause it, for that matter). As such, my presence's value is still approximately one vote against performing evil. And having that kind of power struggle going on is not something I'd enjoy.

Also, I'll note that several of those people have moved from Swords to Storms instead of Hearts. I don't think you can count on people keeping to Radiant vs Twilight.

4. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

[X] Grace (Choose Presence or Manipulation for one Transformed Attribute dot)
    -[X] Manipulation
    [X] Hearts
    Because I really don't want to play as contagious Gavel 2.0 (also manip seems to be a more Emma attribute)

pepperjack, Prince Charon and Navrin like this.
  5. hamburgler

hamburgler Gone for Good

[X] Grace
    -[X] Prescence
    [X]Hearts

6. Omegahugger

Omegahugger Inattentive Idiot

The Court of Storms would not approve of Gavel.

He didn't just accidentally harm Cape-families in his crusade against villany, he outright targeted them. That is not the Tempestas way. There's a difference between shooting a terrorist through his hostage and outright shooting a civilian so the terrorist doesn't get the chance to take the hostage to begin with.

Plus there's the whole part where none of us Storm-voters actually plan to play like that, even if it was a fitting Storm-interpretation.

7. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

Ah, in that case I apologize for miss-characterizing your stance, I'm still voting hearts due to preference.

Navrin, 1986ctcel and Omegahugger like this.
  8. Lord Ultimus

Lord Ultimus Gone for Good

Ok, Voting is CLOSED!
    Let's see what the final count is!

Storms-42
    Hearts-42
    Swords-2
    Spades-4
    Tears-4
    Mirrors-1

Ok, rolling, 1 gets storms, 2 gets hearts.

Hearts it is!Will start working on the next part ASAP

9. Navrin

Navrin Experienced.

If people are investigating "ballot stuffing" I'd advise them to look at every single vote, not just those that they want to find as potentially false. (And, of course, the QM has final say over the quest in every way other than whether or not the players participate and to what degree they do)

Salbazier likes this.
  10. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Because two entirely new accounts on two separate sites made 30 minutes before the vote ended with their only posts being in these threads and for a highly contentious and nearly tied vote isn't suspicious AT ALL :rolleyes:

Cu Roi and Broken like this.
  11. Navrin

Navrin Experienced.

Of course they're suspicious. However, looking only at whichever ones catch your eye is very subject to confirmation bias. One of the more obvious cheats is to just have accounts on two or three of the sites all voting for what you want.

Besides, they could easily be people who've been lurking and decided to join up so they could vote.

pepperjack and Salbazier like this.
  12. NS_QTR

NS_QTR Contradiction

I did, actually. Went through all three threads. Those are the only accounts who voted with such a recent join date and low message count.

13. Navrin

Navrin Experienced.

Which is precisely one form of suspicious. And suspicious isn't confirmation at all. There probably was cheating of some form or other going on... however, how much it affected both sides is REALLY difficult to figure out. Especially with the voting between three different fora.

14. Broken

Broken Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I will repit here what i already said at SV: I will change my vote to storms. I don't like useless discussions.

15. Navrin

Navrin Experienced.

It is entirely up to the QM whether that is accepted. After all, it's past the voting period and the vote has been called.

16. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

This story is now over. Lord Ultimus violated rule 4 (No duplicate accounts) with the account hamburgler. Both accounts are now banned permanently.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  17. zeitgeist

zeitgeist Getting out there.

So for those of you who don't follow the SV thread, I talked with TheLordUltimus and he asked me to crosspost his explanation of what happened.

1. Again for those not on SV, another member actually found out that his vote count was wrong and that storms actually won by a fair margin.

This being said, he'll be continuing the quest on SV, calling for a new vote this time without any twilight courts since a lot of the people who voted for hearts did so only because it wasn't storms and a lot of the storms probably have a second favorite in mind.

Onto the next order of business

Ultimus also wanted me to crosspost updates and explanations from there, and tell him the vote count. Essentially, taking over the running of the quest on QQ. It's been a while since I've really been on the forum....I think two years maybe so I'm not too aware of how board rules might have come to be interpreted, but reading the rules thread their doesn't seem to be anything against this. Still, I'd like to double check with the staff first to see if your fine with it.

18. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

It may not be against the rules, but it's more because that kind of scenario is qutie unusual. why not just give a link and then be done with?

19. zeitgeist

Err, I know, understand, and agree with why Ultimus was banned, I was asking whether or not it was against the rules for me to post his updates, gather votes, ect here. I agree that rule 4 is more then reasonable and clear, sorry for the mix up.

Their already happens to be one on the first post, I believe. The reason Ultimus wants to have a active thread here is that a number of voters don't really frequent SV or have a account there to vote, such as Navrin stated earlier in the thread. For those people, it'd probably be less of a hassle for them to have one they can check here instead of havign to frequent a forum they don't really participate in much or risk missing out on updates.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  20. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

No no, I was the one that misread the post in haste, hence why I deleted that first post. It was truly my fault here.

I'm going to talk to others staff members on this because the situation is unusual. I'll come back to you later on this.

zeitgeist likes this.
  21. zeitgeist

No problem, everyone makes mistakes. XD

Fair enough. I'll be eagerly waiting the staff's response.

22. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

And I have one. Ultimus is banned and thus there's no reason to allow quest running by proxy. Readers are going to have to make the effort to go on SV and vote there if they want to vote.

zeitgeist likes this.
  23. zeitgeist

Oh well. I'm disappointed, but I understand why. Thanks anyway for your time, and best wishes.