1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

What it means to be Just... (DB Super x MHA Crossover)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Dystraia, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Threadmarks: Prologue
    Dystraia

Dystraia Everyone is the hero of their own story.

Hello everyone, and welcome to the absolute shitshow that is my attempt at writing fanfiction. I'm a first time author, and really just posting this to see its reception. Any feedback and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Context Note: This DB Super timeline is an AU in which Goku remembers to bring the seal for the Mafuba. This results in Future Zamasu being sealed away and Goku Black having to fight Goku, Vegeta and Trunks on his own.

Dystraia Presents:
    What it means to be Just...
    A DB Super and MHA Crossover

Prologue:​
    Lowering his arms, shimmering pink fading around him, a figure glared balefully towards the three heros opposite him. Goku, Vegeta and Trunks - all in their most powerful forms - stood united against him.
    ‘No, no, no, no! This… this can’t be happening! I am a divine being, purging the impure! Creating a better universe! How could I possibly lose? What went wrong?!’ Grabbing the collar of his undershirt he wiped desperately at his face - blood was dripping into his eyes from a rather brutal cut marring his forehead and he needed every advantage he could keep.
    Ducking instinctively - he watched from the corner of his eye as Vegeta shot over his head - a brutal kick that likely would have ended the fight missing him by a hair. Pivoting left, he lashed out with his left arm and smirked when he felt the satisfying impact of fist on face. Continuing, he used the momentum of his pivot to drive his right foot into Trunks’s stomach. The half-saiyan gagged, blood erupting from his mouth as he was sent flying backwards. This had the rather convenient effect of forcing Goku, who had been behind him, to sidestep - lest he be bowled over by the flying teenager.
    Black’s satisfaction was quickly drained when he felt Vegeta racing up behind him.
    “YOU BASTARD!!!” Screaming at him was the prince of saiyans, his body covered by the fiery blue ki that indicated saiyan godhood. ‘I have to retreat. On my own I stand no chance against the three of them. With my counterpart sealed, the best thing to do is use the Time Ring to escape and recover.’ Tapping into wells of strength he didn’t even know he had, Black found the stamina to take off, dashing towards Vegeta in a streak of brilliant pink.
    “You really are an annoyance, aren’t you, Vegeta. You just don’t know when to QUIT!” The two saiyan gods clashed with the force of a nuclear bomb. Everything around them was atomised as the twos’ ki tore into each other. Throwing countless blows, Black found himself the victor when a well-placed elbow sent the warrior prince staggering. Before he could take advantage however, his enhanced hearing picked up the faint hum of the Kamehameha technique..
    Grimacing, Black threw himself backwards - barely avoiding a beam of brilliant blue. What he didn’t notice, however, was the figure using the beam as cover. Looping around behind him to deliver a devastating kick was Trunks. Caught by surprise, Black could barely get an arm between himself and the furious half-saiyan.
    Sent flying towards the ground, he ragdolled through multiple wrecked buildings. Hitting the ground at mach speeds, he took a moment to just lay there, struggling to breathe. He might have been a god in a saiyans body, but even he was struggling to continue.
    “BLACK!!!” Scrabbling to his feet, he came face to fist with Vegeta. The saiyan prince laid into him viciously, hammering blow after blow into his already broken body. Each punch could shatter mountains, each kick could split the sea. Desperate, he lashed out with his left arm, his signature ki blade forming and dealing a devastating wound to Vegeta’s face. Whatever momentum he could have possibly gained from that success was removed when Goku barreled into him, taking the opportunity to slam his heel into Black’s outstretched arm.
    The bone broke, Black’s body finally giving out on him. Gritting his teeth and rolling with the motion, the divine saiyan used the attack to put some distance between himself and Goku - only to catch a devastating knee to the spine from Trunks. The three heroes corralled their divine enemy, making sure that he had no chance to escape.
    Eventually - he found himself backed against a ruined building. His enemies had surrounded him. Trunks in front, Goku to his left and Vegeta to his right. There was no way of escape. Glaring hatefully at them, Black took the opportunity to take desperate breaths of air. His legs were shaking, and he only remained upright due to the wall behind him supporting the majority of his weight. It was over. He had lost.
    “Finally, all the people you senselessly killed will be avenged!. You die here Black! Not one death will go unaccounted for. NOT ONE!” Howling, Trunk’s ki exploded around him, the golden energy shooting into the sky in a beautiful pillar. Vegeta echoed his son, divine blue lashing out at the ground around him. “You killed her, my Bulma! For that I’ll never forgive you! I’m sending you straight to HELL!”
    Goku on the other hand remained quiet. His ki erupted too, but there was no dialogue. No declaration. He simply cupped his hand at his side and started to gather his ki.
    Snarling at them, Black pushed himself off the wall with his good arm. His Rose transformation had long left him, his sweat soaked hair now a dark black. He looked every bit the rabid animal he accused them of being.
    “You stand there and judge me, yet your crimes far outstript my own! Everything that happened, all of this, is your fault Trunks! You did this! If you hadn’t gone back in time, I would have never had to get involved. You stand there, claiming justice, but the blood you seek to avenge stains your hands, not mine!” Stumbling forward, he grasped at the last scraps of energy he had left. An aura of pure black erupted from him. “You can’t destroy what I really am, what I represent! I am the wrath of the universe, nature trying to right itself! You may kill me, but another will rise and take my place. Not one sin will go unpunished! THAT I PROMISE YOU!!!”
    He received three different answers.
    GALICK GUN FIRE!!!
    KAMEHAMEHA!!!
    FINAL FLASH!!!

Racing towards him were three different beams: one purple, one blue and one yellow. Each likely would have killed Black on their own, but together they ensured that there was absolutely no chance of survival. They would leave nothing left.
    Screaming, Black thrust his hand forward. He channeled every last drop of energy, every speck of emotion into one final blast. All of his sorrow. His anger. His hate. Everything.
    His pitch black beam clashed with the heros attack and for a few moments fought against them equally. The sheer level of anger he felt gave him a second wind that allowed him to resist just a little longer. But that was all it was. Resistance for a little longer. Eventually Black’s attack was overwhelmed, the kaleidoscope of colours tearing towards him. Shifting his arm into a guard position, the fallen god faced death with a fury.
    What nobody noticed was the time ring responding to its wearers' outrage. It began to shine, the fabric of space-time collapsing around him as it activated.
    The attack struck.
    Black was consumed.
    When the light faded, nothing was left. There was no sign of Goku Black.
    “We… we did it…” Trunks exclaimed, dropping to his knees. The reality of the situation hit him and tears welled in his eyes. “Everything, all the battles, the losses. It’s all finally over. We’re free!” Feeling a hand on his shoulder, he looked behind to see his father - an unusually soft expression adorning Vegeta’s face. “Yes Trunks, you did it. You killed Black. It’s over.”
    Trunks stumbled to his feet and pulled his father into a bear hug, the saiyan prince stiffening instinctively before relaxing and softly putting an arm around his future son.
    “Thank you so much Father, without you and Goku I never could have done this… I owe you everything, again.” Leaning back, Vegeta looked his son in the eye and responded, “No Trunks, all of this, this victory. It's yours. Have some damn pride in yourself! You are the son of Prince Vegeta, next in line for the saiyan throne! I refuse to allow you to lose to some imposter of that clown Kakarot.
    The two of them flinched when two arms wrapped around them and lifted them into the air.
    “Oh man, that was awesome! Talk about a crazy fight, huh?” Goku had pulled the two royals into a hug of his own, chuckling loudly and exclaiming how they totally needed to go back to his house and get Chichi to cook for them.
    “Unhand me, clown!” Pulling his arm out of the hug, Vegeta began pushing at Goku’s face - desperately trying to get the saiyan fool to let him go. Trunks on the other hand broke into hysterical laughter at the sight of his stern father blushing and wriggling in his rival's grip. The sight of it was so alien to him that he simply couldn't help himself.
    Looking up to the sky, he smiled. This moment, this lightness. This was what he had been fighting for.
    “Come on, we should go tell everyone the good news.” Beckoning with his head, the half saiyan started walking away from his bickering allies. “Gonna need to talk to Mai and Yajirobe too, start organising the rebuilding of the city. God, who's going to be in charge now? Will have to sit down and discuss that with the survivors ...” Trailing off, Trunks continued walking away - not realising that Goku and Vegeta had remained where they were originally.
    “He really has grown up, huh?” the fool whispered to the prince. “You gotta be super proud of him considering how strong gotten?” Elbowing Vegeta in the ribs, Goku leaned in and spoke to him.
    “Of course he’s strong, he’s my son after all. I’ll accept nothing less.” Elbowing Goku in the side, Vegeta started walking after his son. Goku coughs for a moment before jogging after the saiyan warrior.
    Neither of them commented on the proud smile on Vegeta’s face.
    The future was saved.
    However…
    Goku Black’s story doesn’t end here.

Once again, any feedback would be appreciated. Adios.​

Coleray, Leith, Weebner and 14 others like this.
  2. Oakgem217

Oakgem217 Connoisseur of Power Fantasy

That was really good for a first time author. You had me really drawn in, and the fight scene was immaculate, if brief. The dialogue was also pretty good, but in my opinion, a little hammy, and didn't super fit these character's "voices." But hey, for characters we'll likely never see again, no big deal.

Jimithanial, Kapicore and Dystraia like this.
  3. Dystraia

Hey, thanks for the feedback. You're right in that the dialogue was a little hammy, and I know that Goku, Vegeta and Trunks weren't super in character. Character voice is something I've really struggled with, so I'm expecting that to be a common note. I do hope Goku Black was in character though, since he is going to be the protagonist of this.

Jimithanial, Kapicore and Oakgem217 like this.
  4. Kapicore

Kapicore Annoying brat

For a first time author you shouldn't be too concerned about criticism, there's not a lot of good DBZ Fanfiction because it's a chaotic world with broken characters and broken logic, it's kind of a hit or miss to use a DBZ character as the main protagonist, it could still be done right but how would the story progress?

previously I tried to write a fate/stay night crossover with RWBY but I felt like the character I chose was too strong to really do anything and most problems could be taken care of by just doing nothing, I could have made it into a Jumpchain to add more content but for first time authors writing a Jumpchain is Hell, just have fun and try not to focus on it

5. Extras: On Goku Black's Transformations
    Dystraia

Just a quick note that I want to get down.

While I'm using the DB Super anime's characterisation of Goku Black, I'll be using the manga's transformation logic.
    This means that Super Saiyan Rose is Black's version of Super Saiyan Blue, rather then Super Saiyan. This means he can, theoretically, access the base Super Saiyan forms (SSJ1 - SSJ3). He simply has to learn how to not use God Ki (something he does instinctively).

6. Extras: (Potentially Canon?) Oneshot What-if: Divine Intervention (DBS x DBZ)
    Dystraia

Hello everyone, and welcome to this little oneshot idea I’ve had bouncing around in my head for quite some time. Featuring a Zamasu/Goku Black significantly after the events of What it means to be Just (events of which I have yet to even storyboard), it explores how a now softer Zamasu might intervene with the battle between Future Gohan and the androids at the Super World theme park (where Future Gohan canonically loses his arm).

Zamasu has somehow managed to return to the DBZ universe (probably through the time ring and immense amounts of power) and has been timeline hopping to take the time to think everything through.

Also, for simplicity sake, this Goku Black will simply be referred to as Zamasu - take it as him no longer feeling the need to completely imitate Goku in the twisted fashion he did during DB Super.

Also he still has a hate boner for Trunks. He is Zamasu, after all.

Oneshot:

A Future Timeline - Age 780
    Perched atop the broken remains of what could charitably be called a water slide, Zamasu found himself wondering just what events had transpired to have caused all this chaos. Gazing out across the burning remains of what was once a large amusement park - he could feel the weak ki signatures of the remaining humans flicker and die out one by one. Pursing his lips, he chose not to intervene, instead keeping his focus on the battle that was raging in front of him. Son Gohan, or at least this “Future Timeline” version of him, was fighting a one versus two battle against the beings terrifying this world. The ‘Android Twins’ 17 and 18.

Funnily enough, from what he observed, Future Gohan (he nicknamed him) was individually stronger than either one of the androids. He overpowered them whenever he managed to catch one of them without the other. Therein lied the problem though.

Very rarely was one without the other.

Still, the battle was even enough that Zamasu felt no need to intervene - Future Gohan was fighting particularly dirty, using rather creative uses of the environment and his ki to hold the two androids off and buy time for anyone still alive to evacuate. It was genuinely informative for Zamasu to observe - who knew you could make ki blasts ricochet like that?

Watching the half-saiyan use the male android's momentum against him, sending him barreling into his sister and the two of them flailing towards the ground - Zamasu found himself genuinely routing for Son Gohan. Maybe it was left over remnants of Son Goku, maybe it was because he could instinctively feel how genuinely good Future Gohan was. Whatever the reason, he hoped that the young warrior at least successfully escaped the two androids. He seemed to be doing a good enough job, as it were.

“GOHAN!!!”

‘Ah… Trunks…’ Zamasu found himself having to fight his instincts to leap into action. He might have (tentatively) decided that maybe some mortals deserved their divine gifts and had the right to live. But Trunks… Trunks was a special exception. He could accept that maybe he was wrong about mortals. He could even accept that there would be mortals who could rival or even surpass the gods (Zeno knew he was infinitely more powerful in Goku’s body than as a kai). He could deal with those being challenged, even accept it with time. They were, by and large, his own personal beliefs.

But time travel?

No time travel had been a rule. One of the most fundamental ones that even the gods had to obey (there was a reason they had a Supreme Kai dedicated solely to ensuring the stability of the timeline). For Trunks - a mortal - to break it without a single thought of the repercussions?

It earned him a special place in Zamasu’s heart.

Watching the purple haired youth fly towards the raging battle, it struck him just how young Trunks was at the moment. The boy couldn’t have been more than ten years of age - far too young to be throwing himself into a battle that would likely get him killed.

It put things into perspective, just a little bit.

The androids took no time taking advantage of the boy's arrival distracting Gohan. 17 rushed up to the super saiyan and threw himself at him without a single regard for any sort of potential collateral. 18 on the other hand gleefully dove towards a now panicking Trunks, who had quickly realised that maybe charging headfirst into a battle that was pushing his mentor to his utmost was not the brightest idea. Things rapidly fell apart for the half-saiyans from there. Zamasu watched, brow furrowed as the twins took a sadistic pleasure in tormenting the older of the fighters. Using Trunks as a hostage, 18 forced Gohan to let 17 lay into him - haymaker after haymaker going into the now unresisting super saiyan’s face. It was the kind of barbaric behaviour that made him sick. What had led to the initial conception of the ‘Zero Mortals’ plan in the first place.

For every Midoriya Izuku and Son Gohan - there were hundreds of 17s and 18s. People who delighted in the power they had and got off on the suffering they inflicted on others. Rising to a stand, Zamasu rolled his shoulders and popped a crick out of his neck.

Maybe it was time for some divine intervention?

Taking off from where he was standing, he kept his ki suppressed as he moved towards where the blonde haired android was choking Trunks. As much as it galled him to do, the smart thing would be to free Trunks from Android 18’s grasp - removing their leverage over Gohan and allowing him to resume fighting back.

Drifting closer towards the woman's back, Zamasu pondered how to go about freeing Trunks. He was infinitely stronger than everyone here, even in his base form, and could likely break Trunks free fast enough that neither android could react. From there it would just be a matter of keeping the playing field relatively fair - he’d make sure Gohan got to fight 17 on his own. How things went from there he didn’t truly care - as long as it was a fair fight he would deal with the outcome.

Stopping just behind the blonde haired android, Zamasu raised a hand and gently tapped her shoulder.

“What the fuc-” Turning around, the female android caught a flick from Zamasu to the face. Said flick sent her ragdolling past 17 and Gohan, causing the two to break apart in shock, and through the entirety of what remained of the amusement park they were in. She also went out of the amusement park and through the neighbouring city before eventually striking a nearby mountain and causing it to collapse in on itself.

“18!! What the hell?! Hey, who the fuck are you!?” Turning towards where 18 had come from, 17 snarled at Zamasu, taking the new arrival in with a sort of cautious antagonism. Whoever this guy was, he was strong. Gohan on the other hand…

“F-father? You… I… You came back?” Gohan couldn’t believe his eyes, it was as if his wildest dreams had come true. Hovering in the air, having just freed his protege, was his father looking exactly as he remembered him. Although he was clad in a different gi - this one mainly white and grey with a black belt and black shoes - everything else was the same. The hair, the eyes, the smile. All of it screamed Son Goku.

Releasing Trunks, having grabbed him when he flicked 18 away, Zamasu turned his gaze towards the older of the half-saiyans and opened his mouth to respond before finding himself genuinely at a loss for words.

How exactly did he explain who he was to Gohan and Trunks? Hey there I’m actually a God from a different universe who stole your fathers body because I wanted to go on an omniversal crusade purging all non-divine life from it before remaking them in my image. But don’t worry I’ve totally changed my mind and am super not going to do that now. Yeah, even he could see how exactly that would play out. Closing his mouth, he chose to keep his silence and wait for Android 18 to return. He was sure that he had limited his blow to make sure it didn’t take her out in one hit.

Holding his hand up towards Gohan and 17, Zamasu said only one word. “Wait.”

“I- what? What the fuck did you just say to me!” Dashing forward, 17 gathered ki into his hand and spun, releasing one of his strongest moves.

SUPER ELECTRIC STRIKE!!!

Gazing dismissivly towards the whirling disk of green energy, Zamasu reached out with his left index finger and poked it.

The technique shattered like glass, leaving everyone there but Zamasu in a state of complete shock.

“I said wait. I won’t tell you a third time.” Having responded to 17’s attack, Zamasu crossed his arms and waited, remaining completely still as he gazed towards where 18 had been sent flying. Having just watched his strongest attack be poked out of existence, 17 made a tactical decision and kept his mouth shut - refusing to risk further annoying whoever this was.

A few minutes passed in awkward silence, Gohan having flown over to Trunks and begun checking him over for any injuries when 18 finally returned.

“You… absolute… asshole! You ruined my outfit! Do you know how long it took for me to put it together?! Do you?!” Screaming towards Zamasu, 18 fixed her hair back into its usual style before dashing forward - only to be stopped by 17 grabbing ahold of her arm. Pulling her back desperately, 17 shot his sister a look that screamed DON’T. Looking into her brother's eyes, the blonde haired of the twins found herself seeing her brother genuinely terrified for the second time in their lives (the first being when Dr Gero turned them into androids in the first place). Taking a deep breath, 18 evaluated the situation.

She and 17 were facing off against both Gohan and Trunks, as well as this mysterious new figure. Trunks was a non-issue, and Gohan was no match for the two of them working together - so the only possible threat was this new person. Glancing towards her brother, 18 opened her mouth.

“Listen, pal. I don’t know who the hell you are and honestly I don’t really care. You’re interfering with 17 and I’s playtime with the two over there. Walk away now, and we just might let you leave this place alive. If not, then don’t blame me when you get killed.” Staring towards the white clad figure, 18 waited for a response.

All was silent for a moment. Before the figures shoulders started shaking.

“he...hehe...Hahaha...HEHEHEHAHAHAHA” Hearing the android’s threat, Zamasu couldn’t help but break out into hysterical laughter. The idea, the very notion that these two honestly thought they were any threat to him was absolutely hilarious. He honestly couldn’t help himself.

“Hehehe… woo... My apologies, I didn’t take the two of you as comedians but that truly was an excellent joke. But, let me just say this. If you really did mean that, you’d die before you moved an inch.” Turning towards the two silent half-saiyans who had just been awkwardly observing the conversation, Zamasu addressed Gohan. “Why didn't you transform into a Super Saiyan 2 Gohan? In that state you would have been more than a match for these two.” Figuring the best way to get the information out was to pretend he thought they knew, Zamasu addressed the son of Goku.

“I… what… Father… Su-super Saiyan 2? What is that?” Flabbergasted at the sudden change in topic, Gohan took a brief moment to catch up with the conversation. How his father went from threatening the androids to chastising him about not using some sort of alternate super saiyan, he didn’t know and it took the much more logical Gohan a minute to catch up with the conversation.

Unfortunately for him, the twin androids had had enough of being ignored.

Blitzing towards the trio of saiyans, the two androids went for Zamasu first - under the impression that they could overwhelm him with their numbers and teamwork if they hit him hard and fast enough. That wasn’t the case.

Pivoting out of the way of 17’s kick and turning towards 18, Zamasu said just one thing. “So you have chosen death, then?” Moving at a speed far beyond anything this timeline had ever experienced, he appeared in front of the android and gave a dismissive wave of his hand.

Said dismissive wave released enough ki to paint the sky black and temporarily render everyone there blind. When the shadows faded, absolutely nothing of Android 18 was left. Staring in horror, 17 could do nothing but whimper as Zamasu appeared before him and grabbed him by the mouth.

“Tell me, have you ever wondered what death tasted like?” Smirking, the divine saiyan mocked the android before releasing another wave of ki. This attack tore through 17 and continued on - reducing anything in its way to atoms. Now finished with the two androids, the fallen god turned towards the two half-saiyans and jerked his head in the direction of the lookout.

“Well then, shall we?” Although it was phrased as a question, the weight behind the words made the intention perfectly clear. ‘Follow me, or else’. Filling his body with energy, Zamasu took off for Kami’s Lookout, his energy leaving a dark trail in the sky that was quickly joined by the trails of Gohan and Trunks as they desperately tried to follow him.

With the androids defeated, the future is ostensibly safe. However, although Zamasu believes himself to be (kind of) reformed, can the two remaining Z-Fighters truly trust the fallen god?

Find out never, because this is a oneshot I have no idea how to continue.

So there you have it, a silly oneshot I wrote because I am completely incapable of focusing on a single idea and this was the closest I could get to working on 'What it means to be Just'. Rereading it, I honestly think I can feel the quality of writing degrade as it goes on but I feel as if I'm incredibly late and am therefore desperate enough to post it.

I know I made no time commitments, but I still feel guilty.

As always, any feedback would be appreciated - same with any ideas you want to throw my way. Lord knows I need all the help I can get.

Adios

Addendum:
    If anyone was wondering what Zamasu's gi looked like in the oneshot, its' just his DBFZ Colour 11.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    Coleray, Leith, ArcaneReader and 5 others like this.