1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

Given the fact that Paul's thrown down with Actual titans, lords of chaos and order, the host of heaven and hell and the Sheeda? These Junior gods are way below his paygrade.

I do love that he's humoring them and genuinely wants to level them up.

Grayven would have already annexed them for their own protection.

2. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

should -> shouldn't

3. Lone Courier 6

Lone Courier 6 Wanderer of threads

Oh they’re definitely lower than Paul or Grayven, but it’s more the principle of the matter.

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They either somehow got very lucky and figured out how to use it, used magic or Bast showed them how to do it.

And you can think what you want but in the movie it's shown that it was an asteroid, so unless it's said in any future movies that it wasn't an asteroid then the asteroid story is canon.

As for why there aren't any more vibranium asteroids around, that can be explained with the simple reason that there's no reason for them to be around since they aren't necessary for any plot.

There could be entire areas of space with those around but they aren't mentioned since it wouldn't be necessary and adds nothing.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Who also dislikes you.

Ohh, snippy aren't we.

Magic teleportation.

Having a hard time remembering who that was.

Does anyone know who he's talking about.

And the Ophidian is so much more.

That explains why Coeus was pissed.

His wife/sister was attacked.

Ahh, Paul, defending yourself by saying how you'd actually do it.

Given his domain of the sun he may just be their most powerful member, or at least the most combat capable.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Maybe remove 'of'

7. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Because there's always some convenient prophecy, isn't there? It's like love songs: ask the right Bard and they're bound to have a delightfully adaptable range of songs you can easily slot some sweetheart's name into... Meanwhile, I'm guessing Athyns being the lone representative is more down to personal loyalty. The alternative is that no other karrakanians survive. Which, admittedly, does fall in line with his history... :(

Probably with the same measure of fear involved in most encounters of that level: young men (and maybe women) thinking 'ohgodohgodohgod, please don't let me mess up or say something wrong!'

Heh, that would be fun. Hopefully it would include comfortable boots too, with just the right amount of thickness in the sole.

Well, at least they get to sit out the hard work. On the other hand, they have to deal with OL.

To be fair, he could tell you one thing and send something else. It's not like a 'Message' spell where you have to state clearly and loudly the contents to be sent...

...Oh dear. I'm detecting a hint in the tone of his voice (such as it is) that OL is under suspicion?

...I'm sorry, have you ever encountered Lanterns before? Containing one that doesn't want to be contained is just a wee bit tougher than you might think... Even if you have enchanted gear out the wazoo...

Well, for all you know, she's elbows deep in Malvolio's Lantern, checking the internal workings by hand. Or in a sensitive meeting that you aren't cleared to be privy to.

But the armour has cameras, right? Send a little travelogue?

Well, that buck's passed. Now, back to the actual diplomacy...

Ah, the Titans will be handling that part? I hope they have plenty of practice, don't want to leave anything important behind...

Well, at least they won't be marching anywhere?

Well, time to make a joke about being beamed up...

...Then again, I doubt it would go over too well, whether from cultural differences or the current state of alert...

Ah. His would-be interrogators? Since that's what Mnemosyne is known for in the comics storylines.

Well, at least whatever the situation is up here, propriety is being observed...

Welp, those of us who have read the Teen Titans comics (or the character histories and plotline summaries) will see where this is going...

...Oh, that is not really a good idea, for so, so many reasons.

I rather think she's got more metaphorical swag than you do, actually. And I'm not really sure anyone wants to see what happens if she eats a god.

'Ant, meet boot.' to quote Nick Fury.

Yes, OL knows his Xenia. And the way he's talking suggest more than a measure of confidence that what he says will happen.

Yes, not really going to scare him. He's been intimidated by professional thugs. And about as effectively.

And if she can pick up anything from his surface thoughts, it's probably an overwhelming recognition of truth.

...I'm not sure of that was a diplomacy check or an intimidate one, but either way, I think he aced it... :confused:

So, it looks like something of the comic plot is playing out here. It'll be interesting to see how OL's presence changes it, for better or worse. Never mind Melinoë and her fellow Olympians. We can but hope that it ends much better for the Titans, though, because the original played out in something of a Greek fashion... A Tragic fashion.

8. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

because they will be accompanying him and watching him while he investigates.

moralrelativity likes this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

After this they're going to need a long, long vacation.

And probably get new jobs that aren't so stressful, like wrestling carnivores much larger and stronger than them using only spoons.

He may actually be able to challenge her.

Oceanus was able to fight Ion and didn't seem to be struggling.

Though seeing as he's around thirty and the original Oceanus was over 7000 years old he's probably got a long way to go before he can be anything other than an annoyance to her.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Eh. The Wakanda's historical archive showed it to be an asteroid. That doesn't mean that it was, just that that's the official version of history. They might even believe it, either due to a long running cover up or due to their ancestors not making a distinction.
    Psimon.
    No, I think that's okay.

11. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

"And now Medusa, I will boil your brain with my heat vision by staring directly into your ey-"

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I don't remember this.

I thought Psimon was imprisoned in the Paragon timeline after Magnificus showed up.

I remember Psimon being devoured after he tried to mind whammy another SI from another fic, but I don't yhink it happened here.

13. Mr Zoat

Here. The SI is exaggerating slightly.

14. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I'm really hoping we'll get to see Paul flex over one, or even all, of the Titans. Maybe by subduing them and partially assimilating them, explaining what's happening, and then letting them go, just to show that he could and that it would be easy for him/the Ophidian to defeat them.

I like how unintimidated Paul is. Will they eventually wise up, or will we see the OLC cracking down on these guys in the future?

15. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

These people need a wake up call to where they stand in the cosmic hierarchy.

Might I suggest turning New Cronus into a giant cake?

16. webxro

webxro Benevolent Bystander

I am sorry to ask, but I am re-reading this again and I have to ask, did OL find out why Icon didn't want to be contacted by him ?

Silveraith and Ardy like this.
  17. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

Oh, I hope they do get a reality check-
    a good chunk of why the Hellenic deities faded into obscurity/irrelevance on earth was, I suspect, the constant checks their egos failed starting to bounce when more alternatives who wouldn’t casually *insert atrocity directed at an individual or entire city for petty reasons here* someone or some city every few years became available
    a pointed (or gentle if they’re willing to lister ) about where they are in the cosmic fish size chart would likely be healthy if they’re mature enough to process it…

Vorian, Cuchulin and Silveraith like this.
  18. Mr Zoat

I don't even remember where that came up. All of the killing, maybe?

19. webxro

webxro Benevolent Bystander

Nope, it was when Lord Manga Khan was on Earth and OL thought who knows stuff about interstellar commerce.

20. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yeah, never got a resolution :(

21. Mr Zoat

Ah. In that case, it was because of the SI's caviller attitude to interstellar commerce. The Cooperative has an extensive legal framework for handling situations like that, and the SI decided to go about it the most shocking way he could instead.

22. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

So he pretended he wasn't around so the SI could learn a lesson at the expense of the planet's economy?

That seems.... extreme

23. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Is Paragon (or Renegade or another SI) going to meet the Co-operative at some point? I don't know where they are geographically compared to all the alien polities we've seen, or how much they're explored in the comics.

24. Vanbers

Vanbers Well worn.

"Not only was it not me, but quite frankly I'm insulted you think I'd do such a poor job of it. I would be an excellent murderer, thank you very much."

25. Mr Zoat

Probably not. They've generally got their problems in hand, and aren't making problems for other people. My current outline involves him going their briefly to speak with Arnus 2 near the end of the story, but that's about it.
    I don't remember the exact story content.

26. LazySloth13

LazySloth13 Versed in the lewd.

It was episode 98: Low Politics; where Manga Khan shows up to expand his business the Cluster Corps, all while Paul is dealing with politics from the UN and Atlantis, since Venturia has decided to peacefully separate from the greater kingdom and hires the Orange Lantern Corp to act as peace keepers while in the process. This happened due to Paul hiring archmages from Venturia to deal with sentient eyeball from the eyeball gauging planet of Tillettit, whom had a deal with the local religion which were wiped out by Paul and his new recruit, and Paul doesn't see the political issues as major problem because the only threat Manga Khan poses is introducing too much raw material or advance schematics to any potential buyer regardless of the consequences.

There was plenty of friction between him, King Orin, and Kaldur due to how he off hand he was about the situation because Manga Khan while technically a lantern under his command wasn't doing anything against corps rules especially since Venturia seemed ready to secede which could cause instability for the rest of Atlantis if other city-states decided to follow their example.

I always figured the only reason why Icon decided to avoid the situation that his specialty in law didn't cover galactic business and marketing, or he saw the situation with Manga Khan as too much of a head ache to deal with, and unlike the situation with Xor who could be dealt with reasonably trying to deal with multiple nations with no united laws or regulations regarding space trade wasn't.

27. Mr Zoat

Thank you for returning this to my attention. I'll try and do something with it in the future.

28. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well if you want to decl8war on me right here right now first I'd - not the very first thing but the very first objective I'd go for is - to destroy the moon city ship we are on now. It's both literally metaphorically metaphysically and conceptually your seat of power in the material universe and to the people here. They'd assume your dead, at least at first. Which amoung many important things stymie your flow of worship and rather discombobulate your attempts to counter attack or organize a resistance.
    Good call try to start something here by the way.
    After you are strained I'd kill who I could immediately so so then blast you all across the planet equal distance away from each other. Preferably while taking a lock if your hair or blood to better track with.
    I'd probably destroy the planet itself if I wasn't afraid of having to deal with Sun Eaters on the loose but if I wasn't concerned with that then you'd be dead for sure already. Because you'd be dealing with someone not concerned with that.
    Now shall we get on to business of finding the culprit or do you want me to set up a power point presentation siteing the times I've dealt with beings a tad bit tougher than junior gods?

Lord Ernest likes this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I doubt he'd do this since the planet is inhabited by a sapient civilization who isn't inherintly evil like the Citadel, the Psions and to a lesser extent the Spider Guild.

30. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

You missed the joke.┐( ˘_˘)┌
    Did he just avoid Paul or was that something you forgot about?

Lord Ernest likes this.