1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ringing of a Forge of Stars [Warhammer 40k/ Celestial forge V3||OC...ish]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Slider Zero, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Rockinalice

Rockinalice Versed in the lewd.

Its even wrorse when you consider the Neron when based on Lore are near the top when it comes to Technology in the forge not the TOP but they are up their (they have a MAP of the galaxy that when manipulated effect the actual galaxy) and the can given even a chance shut down the Impeller field these are tbe people that where able to put up a fight with the Old Ones and managed to fight and capture the C'tan who are a part of the physical universe and can pull the stuff the impeller field does easily

They arent a match for high-end Time lord tech and anything in the same teir but they are still a big THREAT and will be for a long time

It would suck if we got the THIEF'S attention because that would not go well for us he managed to stay alive for the War in Heaven and the 60 million years after with most Powers wanting his head

This all depends on which version of the Necron are being used

Also if any of Original eldar are still alive

Hadrian.Caeser and Kaelan Isble like this.
  2. Slayer 10321

Slayer 10321 Experienced.

Hmmm...welp, the planets fucked (and everyone on it). So either Satori (and co.) flee the planet after grabbing everyone they can (I hope he only saves Van Saar since I like them and they mesh well with Satori) or he repulses the Admech fleet(s) and takes over Necromunda before going ham with the tech uplift.

Either way, shit just got real.

3. Trek

Trek The Ascendant

Lets not forget the reason they know there is a complete STC here, which is the direct reason they came, it all traces back to mcs carelessness and reckless actions, if mc was not careless they would not have found out.

You are underestimating v3 forger, if mc didn't go out reveal to much to so many people he would be able to take on all the factions single handendly in a few years.

All of mcs companions are also complete assholes, handing out mcs tech without his approval, stong arming him into choices which are bad for him, etc.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  4. InfiniteChaosRai

InfiniteChaosRai World's only not-cringe Furry

They don't strong arm Sat into choices that are bad for him, they strong arm him into choices that they think is best. And it usually is, but everyone makes mistakes sometimes, even the fucking reality warping mana-robot construct thing that is Rico, Thoth, and Mio, who shares some of Sat's perks.

Its not that they are making bad decisions on purpose. And that just makes this story more believable and lets me suspend my disbelief longer and easier.

Plus you gotta admit it makes for some good plot, my plot fetish needs feeding after all and this story overflows it.

5. Trek

Trek The Ascendant

These are not their choices to make, even if they think they know better its simply not relevant, its not their tech, its not their powers and as such they have no right to decide or strong arm mc into choices.

If mc made mistakes that would be one thing, but letting Rico, Thoth, and Mio strong-arm choices for him and then suffering from their mistakes? What a toxic relationship.

Arimai, CrazyGuy and Hadrian.Caeser like this.
  6. Rockinalice

There are very few worlds when based on lore in science fiction+fantasy that are more dangerous then warhammer worlds the few i have off the top of my head are

Doctor who- during any Time war or when Time Lords are not time locked or when they haven't stabilized the multiverse and Banished magic (place could kill a full powered forge individual if gaurds are down

Vampire Hunter D- this place if you dont have protection from all forms of cognition,conceptual defenses from the beginning you are probably Dead and the tech is just as high as the Whoverse while their are a ton of beings at the level of Chaos Gods, most Vampires are basically Primarch but are also perpetual, and the high-end are galaxy to universal+ on average

These places are insane in lore

Slayer 10321 likes this.
  7. ATP

ATP Experienced.

They could gave STC to Sister and then giving them to Mechanicus,BUT... Mechanicus would kill them anyway.
    So - hide with Sisters.If they let Sisters go,Mechanicus would catch and torture them.And then torture SI&friends.
    What to do...well,i belive in author.Maybe let Tyranid fleet come at the same time ?

P.S Harry is wizard now? then,after defeating Vodemort he could take all 6 sisters as his harem.Inquisitors had that kind of things,right?

8. Engineseer

Engineseer Robosexual

Let's us not forget people
    There not only 1 but 2 STCs here
    The complete one and the one that Vaar SAR hides

The Mechanicus will 100% get an STC .... which one however is in debate

Slayer 10321 likes this.
  9. Slider Zero

Slider Zero Know what you're doing yet?

[​IMG]

I see I opened up a bit of a shitstorm here with this chapter. let's get around to addressing some of this mess, shall we?

Warehouse security was considered by general agreement to be sufficient due to both remoteness of location and harshness of environment...and up until this chapter, IT. WORKED. That Arikia's team found them was a combination of sheer luck and an outright miracle at the same time.

as for the bodies in the Hangar, that is a separate issue and will be addressed as more info comes in.

I will be frank here. Satori drew attention because of circumstances unique to him. The Sisters of Battle are hands-down the most Pious of the various factions of the Imperium, and are highly unlikely to fall to Chaos. this is not as automatic as you are making it appear.

Besides, this was Mio's work. do you really think for one second that a Techpriest who has faced chaos directly would conveniently forget adding in appropriate protections?

the Adeptus Mechanicus is anything BUT stupid. they will have taken this sort of thing into account in their preparations.
    Also, it is worth noting that just because the Mechanicus cannot directly harm them doesn't mean that they can inflict harm on the Mechanicus in turn. something to think about.

the Necrons are currently not a factor at this point in time. Possibilities on what could happen should they get involved are speculation at this point.

that being said...

That tech edge is DEFINITELY not something to scoff at. Effectiveness versus Valk core and Impeller-level bullshit is strictly TBD at this time.

It's a bit more complex than that, but yes, Shit just got real. VERY Real.

okay, what?

Did you even read the Interlude?

The AdMech found out about the STC from intelligence reports obtained via moles in the Sororitas. They were unaware of anything unusual until that moment. There were no "reckless actions" or "carelessness" to get caught up on, ore else Van Saar would have gotten rolled a LONG time ago.

also, as for plan Turtle...WELCOME TO WARHAMMER 40K.

There was no way possible for Satori to stay below radar completely, if for no other reason then that shit WILL happen around him one way or another and force him to react in some manner or another that will tip the hand juuust enough to garner curiosity. to put it plainly:

PEACE WAS NEVER AN OPTION.

as to the whole issue with Mio allowing the cores to be kept by the Sisters: she CREATED the damned things, they are legitimately hers to hand out as she sees fit...and aside from personally trained, hand-picked people, this was just about the best option that could have popped up for potential users.

Adding 'Nids to this Clusterfuck is a bit much, don't you think?

and it is as our Engineseer says: there are a minimum of two STCs on planet, possibly a third and fragments of others as well. the Mechanicus is not going to regret the decision either way unless somehow Van Saar gets its STC snatched out from under them at the last second...which is unlilely for Satori to do because he doesn't know where it is.

I will add that there is nothing in lore stating that the Van Saar STC is in any way incomplete, just damaged and leaking radiation. Make of that as you will.

and yes, Harry is a full mage now, in the Nanoha style, which means lots of firepower. Harem options for Harry remain undecided in all regards.

10. asdo

asdo Experienced.

Canonically there is an entire hive world's worth of genestealers on necromunda depending on the timeline, they are based/were based in hive secundus the second largest hive city on necromunda, brought/created by a rogue biologis tech priest

So massive nid forces can be involved

Chaos invasion can also happen

Necrons might suddenly show up, mainly in the form either the Infinite or the Diviner

Eldar might be there cause they Eldar

Dark Eldar too

and with so much potential fun, orks might as well be an guaranteed guest :p

and don't forget the army sized groups of gangers, mutants, and local flora and fauna

11. Trek

Trek The Ascendant

And where did Mio learn to make the cores, where did she get that power, form mc. Its mcs design, mcs tech no two ways about it. Lets not forget what Mio is, she is a companion, she serves the mc first thats her entire purpose as a companion the forge gave mc. When you purchase a fiat-backed companion, especially from a jumpdoc like 40k the purchase better be fullproof otherwise whats the point of paying so much cp for it.

In fact its the same for all of the forge given companions, why would you want a core with a AI thats not loyal to you, why would you want a perk powered assistant when they constantly strong-arm you and don't hold loyalty to you first? This is why the forge only gives out loyal assistants otherwise your AIs would turn on you, your battleships would blow you apart and your sentiment companions would betray you because you pulled them from their worlds.

Plan pure turtle may never have been an option but better securing and more paranoid restrictions would have saved mc a hell of a lot of trouble.

There was never a good option to hand out cores anyway, they never should have been made much less given to anyone, giving them to the sisters was a bad option from a hand of other worse options.

12. Nimeroni

Nimeroni Getting sticky.

I think it's time to get out of there. Well, as soon as the spacecraft is ready. Satori's tech is good, but not "1 ship VS 1 fleet" good.

Will he shot pink ray of friendship and destruction ?

Ajlove and Slayer 10321 like this.
  13. Rockinalice

In your story are any of the Original Eldar (First and Second Gen) still around

Ajlove likes this.
  14. Engineseer

Engineseer Robosexual

I mean , from the ones that I remember
    Eldrad and Vect are both Pre-fall

15. Acolyte

Acolyte Know what you're doing yet?

No, I mean that the moment they leave the the warehouse and away from the forger.

A thousand chaos marines will teleport onto the planet along with unending demon armies.

The cores are seriously big prize for chaos, and I don't doubt for a second that the sisters being given the cores wasn't seen by a thousand seers.

16. omegasrevenge

omegasrevenge The Epic of Alexander (Ultimate)

I don't see why they would need to. He has all the cards. If he doesn't want them to have the STC or any other advanced technology, then they have no way of acquiring any of it. Worst case, he just finishes his spaceship and leaves.

Slayer 10321 and Ajlove like this.
  17. Slider Zero

...I see that there are things that require my attention.

Severely.

Aside from the Genestealers, who are already on planet, nearly every other faction is nowhere near in range of Necromunda at this time to make any form of major difference in what's about to go down.

The Eldar are keeping out for the precise reason that having that much Imperial firepower in one spot means that somewhere else is left hanging.

Chaos is not planned to make a move at this time.

The gangers are a good catch, but most of them are not going to push that hard against veteran Skitarii, let alone whatever else has come out of the vaults for this operation.

as for the Orks..they COULD show up, sure, but that is very much unlikely.
    you may be surprised to note that this is Precisely the plan. As with most plans, however, it has not survived contact with the battlefield, let alone an actual enemy.

Harry's magic color is more silver gray...

I am unversed in what you are speaking of here, but seeing that the damned fucktards Eldrad and Vect are involved gives me a decent idea thereof.

I have not changed anything about the Eldar in-setting, as currently there has been no need. whether or not that changes is subject to a different set of questions.

...you just don't get it. it's NOT. THAT. SIMPLE. no matter how hard you try to wank the capabilities of chaos to make it look like a bad call.

besides, they have to actually get the damned cores first. and I will remind you of the capabilities of a Valkyrie...

*sigh*

alright Trek. we've been through this shit before. Honestly, your silliness was amusing at first. Now? Shit's just SAD, man.

The story is moving in a direction you do not like. Apologies, but stories do that.
    Mio is making choices on her own initiative, and acting in the perceived best interest of the group. again, you see fault here for some reason, and that is fine.
    Satori is actually trying to make what few moves he can and not just hunker down and gain power. you disagree, and that is fine.

but, at this point...you are being pathetic, y'know?

Seriously: if you have such a problem with my writing, WRITE. YOUR. OWN. Since you have all the answers, let's see them in action as you would implement them, in your own words. preferably with the same update speed that I try to maintain.

And before you say something silly like "but that's not the point", I will note that several other CF authors are literally hate-writing simply as a take that to BCF and the...less than appealing direction that story has taken.

So go ahead. I'LL WAIT.

Gulping, Mandabar, Squid and 6 others like this.
  18. Slider Zero

Double Posting because you put this up as I was editing: Sure, Team Satori holds the cards. the problem is that revealing that they have said cards is a victory in and of it self for the Mechanicus. it's something to be wary of.

19. Hadrian.Caeser

Hadrian.Caeser Getting sticky.

Are you truly surprised about what is happening? The MC has been a pretty dumb guy from the very beginning. And as W40k Si stories are as rare as they are, we read them anyway. For now at least. Let's stop our criticism, no matter how justified it feels. No one cares anyway and as some say, we can simply stop reading the story if we don't like it.

As for the Sisters of Battle being pious, so what? They are still naive pawns of a religious institution which makes the Catholic church during it's darkest time look good. The only way to save this would be to take them with them, ergo the Sisters leaving the imperial church behind. As for chaos taking over forcefully, let's not forget that it can simply attempt to play the long game and breake them as it did so many others. I wouldn't be surprised though, if the cores could detect the influence of chaos and kill them before that happens ore simply refuse to work.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    Arimai and Ame like this.
  20. omegasrevenge

omegasrevenge The Epic of Alexander (Ultimate)

That's a really good point. With all the shit that's out there that can still decide to hunt them down they do need to be careful for a while still. They haven't scaled up to hilarious unbeatable clarketech yet.

Slider Zero and Ajlove like this.
  21. Ghost in a Wall

Ghost in a Wall Know what you're doing yet?

You know, I was thinking- and aside from the Sisters discovering Satori's base of operations (which really isn't that big a deal- they can just move it... to literally anywhere that uses a door, then cloak the door/bury it). Aside from the Sisters, I'm not too concerned bout the Mechanicus due to the whole "ASTARTE GARRISON" on planet. That's going to cause some.... Conflicts to say the least. At least until all the paperwork is filed.

I mean, in a way, he already solved the whole "Genestealer" issue the moment the Mechanicus showed up. They are going to find out about the infection as they strip the city down for that STC, and probably get the Garrison in on the action. Satori can just sit and watch the fireworks with Harry as they bail- right now, they just need to survive 60~ hours before they can escape. That's less then 3 days, and is probably going to end up with a blind FTL jump that will leave the Imperium going "OH FUCK, IT'S NOT WARP BASED FTL"

Slider Zero, Ajlove and Slayer 10321 like this.
  22. Logos01

Logos01 Versed in the lewd.

It's worse than just not Warp based, in terms of disparity of capabilities; it can be used within the Warp Terminus of the system.

That is, the ship can go FTL without leaving planetary orbit. (You can technically launch from grounded state into FTL if you don't much care about how this impacts those left behind you...)

The only chance at capturing the ship they have is when it's launching. After that, between the likely stealth systems and FTL capabilities, it's functionally impossible for any IoM vessel to ever successfully engage it in combat.

And that's while ignoring the sheer unadulterated Fuckery of a spacecraft with both a Valkyrie and Unison Core. Even if they could force an engagement, that little Not!Normandy has FTL sensors and weapons. On top of this, the ship has an Impeller Field. Impeller Fields in their canon source can pull Tai Chi / Judo redirect moves with laser weapons fire. Literally turn Lance Batteries against the very ships that use them.

And heaven help the Mechanicus if that Valkyrie Core figures out how to use Impeller Field Wave Motion effects... because nothing else will.

Mandabar, Slider Zero, Ajlove and 4 others like this.
  23. Trek

Trek The Ascendant

*sigh*

Cant take the criticism so attack my character? You can't take criticism, now I get that, you are being pretty pathetic, y'know?

The story's direction is irrelevant to the conversation, the discussion is about if the choices the group made and mc made were logical and if there were other easily available better choices. Where those choices lead is a different story. He may well have made all the optimal choices but still ended up wherever you want the plot to go, the diffrcne would have been in that he would have been smart yet still failed, in this he was not smart and then failed.

If I could write stories I would, but damm have I tried so many times I just dont have talent for it y'know?

So go ahead, I'll wait, show me where this new holy direction in which mc does not want to gain power and have security goes.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    Arimai, CrazyGuy and Hadrian.Caeser like this.
  24. Cheetored20

Cheetored20 Versed in the lewd.

Except you WERE criticizing the direction AND the setup. You seem to want omniscient mcs or something which tends to make for a boring story. The setup part CLEARLY is in such a way that states that COMPANIONS AREN'T BRAINDEAD TOOLS. In addition there is no barrier for Mio and the forge, it's better to say Mio and Satori both have identical copies of the forge and a mindlink.

Turtling is something you do when you want to hunker down for a few months in a city or some place not easily detected, not a few weeks in the middle of nowhere where fortifications would stand out. In addition the door was locked as mentioned in a previous chapter, and any additional defense would be suspicious.

Mandabar, Slider Zero and Xolsis like this.
  25. Bluesnowman

Bluesnowman I trust you know where the happy button is?

From what setting?

26. Trek

Trek The Ascendant

I was criticizing the mc, not the author. Whereas the author was critising me instead of my argument. That's the difference. I don't want a omniscient mc, I just dont want a stupid mc.

Companions can be live and varied, they just have to be loyal to the mc otherwise the forge would never hand them out.

Mio is a companion, the connection to the forge is not equivalent, an assistant form the forge handed to the forge user does not own the forge. Just like companions dont have the same level of connection to jumpchain as the jumper.

Having a locked door is nothing, less than nothing in terms of security in 40k, it does not have to be overt security it can be hidden but it does have to exist, otherwise, you end up in a less than favorable situation like mc experienced first hand.

Anyway, this discussion is now moot anyway as the author does not want any more of it, so lets not keep dragging it out, you have your view, I have mine, and thats that.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    Arimai likes this.
  27. Slider Zero

Loosely based off of the Technology from Thunder Force, with guidance from the Generic Space Opera Doc, which matches the concept. it IS experimental, though.

28. Acolyte

Acolyte Know what you're doing yet?

I am perfectly fine with them getting the cores. I just wish the MC gives them something that prevents them from becoming target number one for chaos sorcerers everywhere. A single delta level psyker almost killed the MC and Chaos has people even above alpha level.

And you are the one that has been showing the chaos gods constantly manipulating things around the MC to kill them, why wouldn't the same happen to sisters.

I mean they literally have no weapons on their cores and even their armour is not integrated, the only way they stop a chaos librarian is through maybe the impeller field and that requires years of training.

29. Xolsis

Xolsis Getting out there.

Yes Trek, he's the pathetic one. The one that has been trying to convey to you that he doesn't want to make his character's sociopaths who never make mistakes. Who tries to inject some good and humanity in that fucked up world instead of simply wallowing in depression while giving up his morals like you and others want him to. While you have been first one up to try and scream as loud as you can on every CF story, including mine, to try and get it changed into what you want. Remember when you lost your shit about Mia not killing a pregnant teen? The teen who has gone on to become a very good friend that has grown beyond her trauma and past. Should thank you for that though.

Just like you have given Aeon inspiration to spite you in bringing hope into Warhammer, you helped me realize who Mia truly was on the inside because of your screaming vitriol. That she was a good but flawed person who had a big heart.

More than that, I realized that I don't have to listen to the loud ones like you, instead just let what comes to me come to me. So thanks for screaming and hollering. It did wonders for my spiteful writings.

30. Slayer 10321

Slayer 10321 Experienced.

So ignoring all the hubaloo and controversy of the latest chapter (I'm fine with everything the authors been doing), I have a question about some potential perk interactions that when I thought about them, made me curious.

When you eventually gain the Bloody Roar perk, will that resonate with the Arknights perk and let you turn into a Were-Kitsune? Would it give you another tail, signifying that you are evolving into a Nine-Tailed Fox (like Amaterasu/Tamamo and Kurama to name some examples)? Considering you gained Chakra recently, it writes it's own jokes.

Another resonance/synergy would be the Strike Witches perk. If you gain that, would it let you shapeshift back into baseline (in appearance only) Human (since the Kitsune form could merge with your Familiar transformation) and allow you to walk around in Imperial society without needing any flimsy disguises (that get destroyed during your inevitable calamities)? This would solve the conundrum posed in the earlier chapters since you wouldn't basically be amputating yourself for the benefit of xenophobic assholes. Also would the perk give you another Tail?

Ajlove likes this.