1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Q&R Index' started by Vanathor, Feb 19, 2013.

1. EagleBlue

EagleBlue Getting sticky.

My bad. Forgot that not a whole lot of people played MuvLuv before.

To summarize the whole setting, it's humanity's struggles against the BETA.

MuvLuv takes place in an alternate timeline. One of the earliest things to note is that Japan conditionally surrendered. Another thing to note is that technology is a bit better than OTL like the US had a moon base by the 60's. And that modern fighter jets existing in the form of a Tactical Surface Fighter or TSF for short.

The first time that humans encountered the BETA was when Viking 1 found them on Mars. It would be during the 1967 before they were seen again but this time on the Moon. It would result in the First Lunar War which ended in a loss after the UN retreated when the BETA were on Earth. It takes five years for the first BETA have to land on Kashgar. Now the Soviets and China wanted to see if it could get alien tech from the hive so they did not ask the UN for help. Needless to say it was a bad idea. The first 18 days looked good for them until the Laser-class arrived. Once they were deployed, the BETA just stomped everything to the ground. Nukes were ineffective them against them.

I don't have more time to summarize the rest of the history and tell more in detail about the BETA so this will have to do.

Basically after that, the BETA advanced to the West. Europe did it's best but by the late nineties, they have taken Europe, India, the Middle East and most of China and Russia. More than after of the world's population dead because of them.

2. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

So since I've gotten used to my new medication and my various neurosis are now sufficiently suppressed; I've decided to do a reincarnation quest, but with a twist: instead of choosing who you reincarnate from, you choose who you reincarnate into.

I'm thinking Lancelot from Fate/Zero, after dying in the bosom of his liege; ends up not going into the grail and instead gets his soul shipped off to another world and through the wheel of reincarnation. Which world is up to the readers.

Granted, this is still a rough idea; and I may default to just choosing the setting, depending on what happens when I brainstorm the idea some more. I do know that two of the settings I am willing/plan on doing are Infinite Stratos and Negima.

So, thoughts?

3. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

i think such a quest will be full of suffering

4. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

I dunno about Lancelot. I mean, the entire quest would be him trying to figure out a way back to Arturia's side. He wouldn't enjoy the reincarnation at all.

5. EnderofWorlds

I'm not sure I get what you mean here, why would that happen? I mean, it's just a reverse of the Reincarnation Quest thing that's popular; only instead of people choosing the past life, it's people choosing the current life...

6. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

So what would people actually be doing? Being an officer? Being a poor bloody infantry? Being a gundam pilot? It sounds like everyone is just screwed anyway though, if they've lost that amount of land.

7. thekinginred

thekinginred Getting some practice in, huh?

Reposted from general.

Barring this, would anyone be interested in a Star Wars Quest?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  8. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

This one refined it's idea of Shadow Stadium (again name is subject to change) a bit.

You are a man with no memories. You believe yourself to be Asakura Yoh based on circumstantial evidence. No one has any idea who you are accept for the girl who lives at the apartment you live in (having found the address on your person) but to everyone else you might as well have never existed. The Girl, Amagai Maaka, is sickly and your relationship with her and why she seems to remember you when no one else does is a mystery.

You have been contracted into some sort of tournament where the winner gets a wish. The rules are simple, the Meister must make a bet equal to their wish which becomes their Pledge, a familar/partner who will fight for them. They must partake in a battle at lest once a week or you automatically lose. To battle one must make another bet against the opponent with the winner taking prize. You lose The Game when either you don't battle for over a week, you lose your Pledge, or you die.

Your main goal is to find out who you are, what you wished for, and why you have no history.

9. Happerry

So, can you bet anything that isn't a pledge of some sort? And can you use other people's Pledges in combat?

10. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

No, you make a Bet and then get your Pledge. You bet anything you want, from your money to your luck, to your various skills but the wish you make if you win will only be equal to how much you bet. The Pledge is formed from bet and is shaped by it in both body and power.

11. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

I have a quest idea but I'm looking for a partner to keep me in check from going full retard.

12. Happerry

Well, share the idea so people can actually figure out if they'd be interested in helping.

13. Ardion Prosili

unyuuuuuu so nervs h-here i go....! >.<9

The idea is a Dark Souls/ undetermined crossover quest, but after the ending. Way way WAY after the ending, after the world has moved on and left the PC in the past. Only the past doesn't remain dead and at some point, the Chosen Undead/Dark Lord reawakens in the Kiln Chamber to step out into a vastly changed world.

14. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[​IMG]

You are Harmony Kendall.

You're a student in Sunnydale High, a totally boring high school with the exception for the clique you were in, and the hotties in the football team.

And today has been a bad day.

You had a costume lovingly made for halloween and everything, and boy did your fingers hurt from when you accidentally prinked yourself with the needles. but like the world just kept trying to shut you down or something.

Your unicorn princess costume was totally awesome, complete with wings and everything. You had it stored in closet... but... but moths got in there.

And the wings were just absolutely ruined, a long with OTHER things.

You wouldn't be able to go to the highschool halloween as pretty princess unicorn pink sun, and that was a total crying shame.

Luckily, you heard from Aphrodesia who heard from... well, she didn't matter because she wasn't a part of Cordettes, and that made her totally uncool... that there was this Halloween costume store called Ethans... which had some pretty nice costumes for reasonable prices.

Score~

You've made your way there after school...

And now came the difficult choice, what to buy~ uh huh... you'll need to think on this because you kind of need to get a concept first to pull the costume together. A theme was central or something like that...

- - -
    Harmony Quest
    - - -
    Not coming any time soon~ :3

15. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Buy some angel wings, dye them pink.~

Princess Celestia's no dumb blonde. Maybe she'll rub off. ;)

16. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Bullshit it isn't. You will drop Pink Blossom Quest immediately and switch to this. Your Queen has spoken.

17. Ardion Prosili

Normally I'd say do it, but I'm....kindaaaaaa.....thinkingthatthestorywhereHarmonydressedastheEnchantresswouldblowthisoutofthewater
    >.< uynu

18. Biigoh

Hahahahahaha~

But but... why~

Is someone pinning for a fic~?

19. FurikoMaru

Because Sunnydale. Without being tied down by the Scoobies. Because Harmony!

20. Biigoh

Hahahahahahahahaha~

21. Guile

I would also accept a Harmony quest immediately post-vampirization.

Try to get a vapid blonde vampire and her 'huggie bear' Spike to become a proper Big Bad (season finale threat).

22. FurikoMaru

Spike isn't a huggie bear, he's a pretty blondiebear. :3

23. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

So, Harm Quest, huh~?

Oooh, that would be fun~

And I would totally vote that she goes for a 'Fabulous red trenchcoat, and a pair of guns that look nice'. Unfortunately, it's Alucard's coat... And Dante's guns.

24. Guile

Oh Vindictus, you and your... those two things.

25. FurikoMaru

I would also accept Kitsurubami's guns and Kotobuki Ran's jacket.

It's in-character. : D

26. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

What can I say? I'm fond of those characters who just couldn't care any less~

27. Biigoh

Nummm... it was just an idea that I threw out because it was just bugging me. Perhaps, one day I'll do a Harmony Quest~

28. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

I never watched Buffy.
    So I would prefer Pink Blossom Quest to continue. :3

29. EnderofWorlds

So I was listening to a song on youtube, and I got inspired...(song below).
    [embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/OzHq2fDWH2I[/embed]
    Basically; it'd be about Ayako Mitsuzuri, who's previous life was Kaede Fujimura; beloved wife of Raiga Fujimura and the woman behind the Oyabun. Who's previous life was that of an English soldier fighting in WWII. Who's previous...well you get the idea.

Basically; it involved a goddess, a curse, and the world's oldest and most honored profession. And in all honesty, it ain't that bad; sure nowadays you tend to off yourself around your mid 40's if life's a bit boring and dull, and there are days where you just wish it would just end. But overall...eh, it's a life; a life that never truly ends, but a life.

Honestly, you'd be content if you'd just be given the option to end it when you wanted, then things would be peachy. Eh, but what are the chances of there being something to grant that wish, especially in Fuyuki; am I right?

30. Felius

Felius Experienced.

First, one idea I would love to see someone else do. I don't consider myself nearly qualified enough to run this one:
    A reincarnation quest with the previous life having been David Xanatos. Because Xanatos.

And here one I might be able to run:
    Yet another pokemon quest. Pretty standard fare, relatively normal pokemon world, no reincarnation or anything like that. Maybe playing the implications of the setting a bit further than the games and anime take them, but not nearly enough to go grim derp. :p Probably would be mostly writing and focus training for me. Any interest on playing this?