1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

What's so funny, chuckleshit?

Either Krypton 16 civilization wasn't patrilineal, they stopped being that or Allura just kept her name like women on Earth do.

Yep.

Though a version of you is.

As far as you know.

Cadmus may not have been the only one doing it and I doubt a lot of groups would pass up the opportunity to have Kryptonians working for them.

I'm getting Alucard Abridged flashbacks here.

Yeah, it is weird.

Pretty much.

Yes.

This is absolutely hilarious.

Yeah, there are.

'linked'

'Legion thinks'

She's so adorable.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

You either accept the bullshit and live with it, or you let it drive you crazy.

Clark has chosen the former.

3. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

To be fair to the newest Supergirl, you can rarely go wrong beating up Nazis and its fun to do.

As mentioned though this many Supergirl variants coming together by coincidence is highly unlikely, so likely some force that gathered them together.

4. ChestBurster

ChestBurster Getting sticky.

Does Mxyzptlk exist in Young Justice or is this part of the expanded universe Mr Zoat is including?

I've only watched a couple clips and read a few comics of those imp shenanigans so I don't know.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    Cuchulin, Silveraith and Doccer like this.
  5. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    I've only watched the first three series but I don't believe so.

6. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

What they should be asking is how she knows about Nazis. Enough to know they be evil. And what her Kal-El looks like if this be her first arrival to Earth?
    I like this Kara best.
    Why won't the rest of you put on your Supergirl themed Power Ranger suits? Come on. Be a team player like New Kara.

7. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

Y'know, other than being referenced by Superman once before (had to word-search in the archived version to check), I'm surprised Myx hasn't popped up at all. Considering Ambush Bug's reaction to Paul's arrival/existence, Paul's actions being unknown to people from future timelines, etc... one would think that as the 5D Imp would be at least a bit curious of such an anomaly even if his focus is on Superman otherwise.

Oh... if he isn't planned to show up so it isn't a spoiler... is Myxzptlk the white-haired version, the Gilbert Gottfried version, or something else?

8. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Somehow, I think "Supergirl vs /pol/" is a bit overkill.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It's possible that in their previous encounter Superman had him leave the universe so he can't get back and see what the deal with Paul is.

Cuchulin and Gantradies like this.
  10. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

I'm thinking Superboy prime. Because why the hell not. And they're going to face infinite crisis.
    Paul is not prepared.

11. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Oh, boy. Is all of OL's dialogue this chapter just going to be him laughing his ass off? :D Because I can see that happening. At least they'll be easy to tell apart, because, if Supergirl-1 is still wearing that fifties outfit and hairstyle, she is going to stand out.

Well, at least she's polite, even if she's only seen Earth culture from afar. Take note, if she does have the original Supergirl origin, that means her parents spent years watching Earth while Argo City tumbled through space, slowly turning into Kryptonite...

:confused: "Why is the orange man laughing?"

Ah, Kara-1's so cute. And that innate over-emoting. Talk about wearing your heart on your sleeve. :p

Well, at least their Kryptons have one thing in common?

Even if other things are different. Like fashion sense.

Because the Fifties.

Whereas Kara-16's is grounded in the Naughties culture. Amazing what fifty years can do. At least it wasn't the immediately post-crisis Krypton, where marriage was virtually unknown (and Jor-El and Allura where unusual because they actually interacted.)

For reference: Htrae (a Bizarro Earth, but the principle applies.) Bizarro are weird.

In some universes, yes. Consider yourselves lucky it wasn't on this Earth-16.

Girl, you got some catching up to do... And yes, we did see Match in the series. Very happy both Paragon and Renegade fixed that little stupidity.

Heart on her sleeve! Geez, she's going to get along well with M'Gann.

;) Part of that Earth-watching Kara-1 and her parents did? Superman's career, from teenage years to adulthood. Her little blue dress costume? Based on his, right down to the cape.

Ah, here he is now, and with Supergirl #4. Wonder how she heard about this?

Ah, OL. Getting off to such a late start on the 'Kryptonian rebirth' questline will put you at such a disadvantage.

o_O "My Kal was a bit burlier. And older." And remember, she's seen him via long-distance viewer, after all.

And damn lucky to achieve that. Just look how Conner turned out. Something of a patchwork, until OL got involved...

Remember, she's seen Earth Culture. And since that would have dated back to World-War II... Well.

...That's debatable, but yes, they're not liked. Especially in pop culture. And very much so in Fifties pop culture like, say, Comic Books. :V

...Did she just try to do a flying charge at Angelika? Oh, boy... Girl, you are going to have to learn about impulse control. Because you are living in a world of cardboard. And that includes most people.

Just checking. Though that may change soon, with any luck. x3 And good gods, Kara-1, stop being so adorably dorky!

Oh, yeah, the Supergirls don't know about their latest member.

Well, technically, you had one Kara Zor-El (possibly Power Girl someday,) one Supergirl (Loriel) and one Overgirl. :p It's only the latest two that muddy the count.

Wow, it's so hinky that even the locals are noticing something's up? Whoever's behind this really messed up, huh?

I imagine Angelika and Kara-16 saying that at the same time... And Loriel spocking at them. o_O "What?"

Though it's good that he plays by the rules. After all, when he doesn't? Universes get rekt. 5th-dimensional beings are powerful in 4th-D realms.

Ah, that super-intellect at work! :p But seriously, it's a reasonable guess based on the available information.

Man, this is going to be one confusing report to Hinon when all is said and done.

...And OL realises he's effed up by not looking into that. :eek:

Oh, boy. Super-family teamup! Let's get Conner and Mitchell in here for the full set! Assuming one of them hasn't started using the name 'Wonder Boy' yet.

I like her. She says what we're all thinking! :p I foresee the others getting tired of her enthusiasm real quick, though... Ah, that post-90's cynicism.

Well, the gang's all here, let's get the party started! Seriously, I can imagine the Supergirls filling the roles of a teen girl comedy. The Smart one! The Energetic one! The Edgy one! The Dead-pan Serious one! At least they've got adult supervision to spare. Because I get the feeling Kara-1's going to keep blundering into trouble...

...having joined the Legion of Superheroes...

12. Prognostic Hannya

Prognostic Hannya Knight of the Yuri Crusade

What properties do they have that make them different than Prime Earth Kryptonians?

Rockinalice likes this.
  13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He's not well in the head.

True, though Paul once mentioned that on average humanoid societies tend to be patriarchal, so it's possible that it could have happened in Kryptons past but it just changed now.

Though they are still pretty bad and shifty.

For good reasons.

Fortunately most of the people in the room could probably handle her ... enthusiasm.

Aren't all of Paul's reports confusing?

Kara 16.

New Kara.

Loriel.

Dana, maybe?

For Angelika I'm guessing it's the formerly bad girl trying to change.

14. Irked

Irked Experienced.

Not sure why Prime Earth is relevant here, seeing as YJ is on Earth-Sixteen.

The big difference here though is that Earth One Kryptonians tend to be far closer to silver age Kryptonians/Superman when it comes to feats of strengths, New Kara could probably manhandle canon YJ Kal pretty easily if she got serious.

It's like comparing Black Adam and Bane, they both have super strength but one of them vastly eclipses the other.

The gap between them might be a bit different depending on how Zoat scales things but i'd still expect New Kara to outperform the others in the room by a significant margin.

Cuchulin, Ardy, Alexandercctv and 4 others like this.
  15. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

Hm... unlikely. Unless Zoat is doing it differently, Myxzptlk is only banished for 90 days at a time. Paul has been on Earth-16 for a bit more than two years now, so if the imp was going to take a look at all there's been more than enough time.

Who knows. Myx showing up can be a distraction from any plot that he isn't actually a part of, and if he IS it's usually either him being a pest with some warped contest or challenge or such, or something on the level of 'Emperor Joker' which is "reality is broken please leave your belief in a rational universe at the door."

Cuchulin and Vorian like this.
  16. Silveraith

Silveraith Argent Phantasm

As.

17. crazygrox

crazygrox Versed in the lewd.

I'm a little surprised that he hasn't realized that him being post-crisis helps to explain a lot of things.
    Why there are so many Supergirls, where alternate Kara came from, why there are two sets of Hawks with different histories, one set of whom had never shared any accounts of the current dimension's Thanagarian history, and didn't remember any details of it, until triggered to do so by a backstory inconsistency being resolved by her remembering a bunch of stuff about this dimension's ancient Thanagar.

18. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Also at least one kiss

19. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

So an innocent and cheerful Supergirl, who may be from Earth One in which case she could be "chain the planets together and tug them somewhere else" levels of bullshit strong.

20. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

What is he going to do?
    kill Paul to death?

… I’d be more worried if Crazy Steve showed up…

21. DiceArt

DiceArt Not too sore, are you?

More like punch universe 16 into non existence. Superboy Prime is bad news.

Cuchulin, Ardy, Alexandercctv and 2 others like this.
  22. Clell65619

Clell65619 Making the rounds.

Okay, the Rule of Funny says that when Mxy shows up, he takes one look at the 5 (or more) Supergirls and Nopes right out going home to Gsptlsnz until this bit of insanity blows over.

23. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Darko I like dropping anvils on Nazis as much as the next guy but I'm pretty sure Klarion still counts as human and wins out on sheer evil.

Successfully killing millions of small children and all.

24. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I think you become an elemental once you ascend to the rank of a Lord of Order/Chaos. As such, he isn't human, but more like a posthuman.

mastermenthe, Cuchulin, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  25. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Unless by that you mean Silver Age no, and were superheroes even able to mention....

Shit if she is from the late Silver age, she is due to a Crisis of Infinite Earths.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

True, but Nazis are still pretty high up on the piece of shit list.

And the Nazis were known for killing millions, including children.

And Klarion killed around 800.000 children.

27. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

He’d be bad news if he was possible to take seriously, which I just can’t-
    he’s an angsty child with zero self-awareness throwing a tantrum that’d get him rejected by a red ring xD

Vorian, Cuchulin and Xmaster3000 like this.
  28. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

That number sounds... Remarkably low for unattended infants and toddlers.

Those fuckers seek death actively. My sister, when she was two, put a penny in a light socket, got knocked across the floor, and started giggling and trying to crawl back over to do it again.

29. Xmaster3000

Xmaster3000 Know what you're doing yet?

I'm sorry, but what is this supposed to say?

30. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

That no version of Paul gave their own specific universe a leg up over other universes when they were working on reordering time and space.

Though given that the Pauls shared database information with their other selves, they'd likely be slightly guilty of aiding all those universes that showed up over any 'verses that didn't get a visit.

Jaron, mastermenthe, Ngamer11 and 4 others like this.