1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

True, the number seems small, but that's what was stated in the story.

Cuchulin and Xmaster3000 like this.
  2. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Unrelated to current plot lines, but it looks like humanity is starting to catch up to OL's little ocean cleaning hobby.

3. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

Sass, ah, retracted. She's kinda dumb :D

ChestBurster and Xmaster3000 like this.
  4. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

"On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog." One's race isn't obvious at a glance in text. And a lack of diversity in the populace isn't the kind of thing most people will consciously notice because nobody is going to act like there's anything noteworthy. If Paul were black, he might notice he was the only one, but since he fits in with the population it would require race to be something he intentionally thinks about looking for in order to notice.

And you'll observe that he DID notice immediately when he started thinking about race.

5. Impatient_Quill

Impatient_Quill Versed in the lewd.

I think he is busy trying to market his favorite board game (5D chess with multiverse timetravel) to the humans.

6. Agumentic

Agumentic Not too sore, are you?

I believe when Pauls got into that fanfic Earth before fighting Krona, it was mentioned that both the original Crisis and the Infinite one already happened.

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I also think Hinon mentioned that the Anti-Monitor may have previously done it.

RamiroGalletti and Cuchulin like this.
  8. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

9. Silveraith

Silveraith Argent Phantasm

Where are you guys getting the belief that this Supergirl is capable of such feats? I haven't seen anything to indicate such.

Lord Ernest and Xmaster3000 like this.
  10. Xmaster3000

Xmaster3000 Know what you're doing yet?

11. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    No, it works as is.
    Yeah, but their average child murder rate wasn't all that great. You have to divide the total by the number of Nazis.
    Exactly what it says.

No version of the SI gave their own versions of reality special advantages.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Cuchulin likes this.
  13. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

Is this going to be a spin-off story?

... Because I'll be honest I'd probably would read that too.

mastermenthe and Xmaster3000 like this.
  14. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Eros thread for all 5 probably.

15. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Mr Zoat, what does Native Kara think of Innocent Kara?

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  16. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

I had a baby pull a knife on me once.

Was doing the Boy Scout thing and one of the Leader's brought their grandson to a camp while giving a lift to another camper. Somehow, while still locked in a baby seat, the toddler grabbed the kids belt knife. No Idea how, he had it strapped on the far side from the tike. He didn't even know he'd lost it, and had wandered off.

Little guy just started waving it around like a new toy. Just it was a 6" bowie and not a Baby Rattle.

I spotted this shiny thing glittering in the kids hand and kinda yelped. Rushed over while ripping a gameboy colour out of another scout's hands on the way.

I made like Indiana Jones, swapping the knife for the handheld while the kid giggled as I coaxed him to give up the stabby stabby.

Got the knife, got to watch a baby play zelda upside down while listening to a great deal of french-canadian profanity as events were explained.

Ended up baby sitting the little guy so he didn't go play with fire or steal a car for a couple days.

17. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

"mes" = the plural of "me"; useful when talking about a collection of alternative yous.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  18. Threadmarks: Future Tense (part 9)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

13th September 2012
    09:03 GMT -5

Dana looks around the semicircle of assembled Supergirls.

"Another one?"

"Hey!" New Kara raises her right hand and waves, smiling brightly.

"Yep. That's five. I'll take my free one now, please."

New Kara frowns at me. "Free?"

Angelika nods. "It is a common promotion in American cafés. Each time you buy, they stamp a card, and when you complete the card your next is free."

"But he doesn't own us."

I nearly make a 'what consenting adults do in private' comment, but I'm not sure that she'd get it, and I suspect that I'd be asked to explain it until we both became mortified.

"No. I was merely trying to derive humour from a strange situation. I do not own you, nor would I expect to own the next Supergirl who turned up, assuming that one did."

"Okay. As long as we're clear that slavery is bad." She zips forward into Dana's personal space. "Hello, I'm Kara!"

"Ah, hi? Paul, what's going on?"

"I was joking earlier, but we just acquired another Supergirl. I'm a little worried about how many times this can happen before we get an evil Supergirl."

That gets Old Kara's attention. "Are there a lot of evil Supergirls?"

Angelika awkwardly looks away, and I just as awkwardly look away from her. Which is a bit unfair as I don't think that she ever did anything evil. But… Yeah.

"I'd have said 'no', but I've been to a parallel where there was an Evil Mary Marvel. And if there's an evil version of her, then I can only assume."

Noriel sits down against the far wall, arms folded across her chest. "Why am I here?"

"If there is something that is bringing us here, then it is not limited to different versions of Kara Zor-El." Angelika shrugs. "I was made with genetic material taken from-."

New Kara's eyes widen. "You're a clone?!"

"Kara…"

"Ah..." She visibly squirms. "I mean… You're a clone?"

"No, I was born human and had Karl's… Ah, Kal-El's, genetic material added to me by a virus."

"So it's like you're his daughter?"

"Yes." Angelika nods. "Somewhat like that."

"That's completely different!" She spots me staring blankly at her. "Not that there would be anything wrong if it wasn't, but… It… Is."

"Nylor Truggs, Dana."

"What about him?"

"What happened to him?"

She frowns. "How do you remember that? It shouldn't have happened for you."

"Remember what, Dana?"

"You d-? Oh, damn it!"

New Kara looks at her sternly. "That's a naughty word. As a superhero and more importantly as a Supergirl, you need to set a better example."

"Who is she?"

"Kara-? Is it just Kara?"

"Not until I get married."

"I still can't believe that's actually how it works where you're from."

"Kara Zor-El. You know how this is parallel sixteen?"

"I… Think I remember someone saying that."

"She probably comes from somewhere else."

Though her mannerisms do spark a memory. Is this the Earth One Supergirl? The one who… Tried pushing the Earth out of the way of an asteroid manually in one of the more recent comics where her appearance was never really explained? Who was killed by the Anti-Monitor during the Crisis?

I mean… I knew that the main canon DC universe was out there somewhere, I just… Assumed that I wouldn't have to go anywhere near it.

I'm… Actually a little worried now.

"But Truggs. What happened with Truggs?"

"We-. They picked him up first. He was kinda obvious. He spilled his guts right away. He seemed to think that the whole mess was funny. At the time, the Legion didn't know whether all of the changes they picked up was you or him. He was the obvious source, but… He wasn't actually connected to a lot of things that had happened."

"I thought he was from before the Legion's era."

"No. It's the same era. It's just… Earth? It-."

"Is a backwater far from the centre of human civilisation. A Thanagarian protectorate, and not part of the United Planets."

"No, it's an actual part of the Thanagarian Empire. They've got a governor and everything. As far as we can tell, he stole the H-Dial he used to come back in time from a Legion vault."

"So they've still got him."

"Ah… No. What we did to erase… Your time in the future, that meant that he had to go back too."

"So he doesn't remember what happened in the future either."

"He shouldn't."

"Are your colleagues at least tracking him?"

"They were, but he's got plenty of friends in this era and he's really good at getting away."

New Kara perks up. "Have you got a picture of him?"

I shrug. "Yes." I use my ring to generate a hologram projector construct and create a three dimensional full colour hologram of Nylor Truggs. "That's what he looked like last time I saw-."

There's a blast of air, and she's gone.

Darn it.

"I'll get after her. Everyone else-."

Angelika nods.

"I think that we should come."

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  19. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I want to see Innocent Kara steamroll everything that Truggs tries against her just to demonstrate how powerful she is..

20. Kalem_Lee

Kalem_Lee Well worn.

Well she's a go getter.

21. Irked

Irked Experienced.

Yeah, Earth-One Kryptonian's be crazy.

Gonna be fun to see how this goes but they're basically dealing with a hyperactive Saitama on a sugar rush.

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Paul's understanding of how to interact with people has truly grown.

Though don't be surprised if Paul gets into a philosophical debate on how it's good.

Well Angelika could have counted.

Same with Loriel.

Well except for working with a Nazi regime and killing people that opposed it.

Though she is getting better.

She really is from the 50s.

But seeing as Paul has some vague memory of it, then he may also remember bits of it.

Ohh, with her bullshit powers she could probably fly around the world in seconds and see him.

You won't be so annoyed if she finds him.

boo600, Gilhelmi, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  23. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

If New Kara is the Kara from the last arc of Peter David's Supergirl then she's not Crisis era Earth One Supegirl but 50/60s Silver Age Supergirl and silly powerful.

24. deccan2008

deccan2008 Getting out there.

What happened to Kal-El? Surely he'd want to be involved.

Enochi, Ardy, Cuchulin and 2 others like this.
  25. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

I mean yeah. If its somehow pc supergir,l she should just be aimed at yj apokolips and let her fodderize it.

26. Stsword

Actually thanks to Convergence Kara and Barry survived Crisis, so Prime Earth had and extra Clark and Lois, a Hal, a Barry, and a Kara.

Although as far as I know DC never did anything with the extra Barry and Kara.

Ardy and Cuchulin like this.
  27. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

It's Young Justice adults can't be in plot crucial events.

c3qo, zeebza, HearthBorn and 5 others like this.
  28. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I know. I'd make a joke about rabbits But there could well be a Carrot-Girl from the Captain Carrot universe. Seriously, DC had some weird universes until the Crisis happened... Even now, there's some odd ones, like the LEGO DC Universe or Super Hero Girls... Both of which have their own Supergirls.

:rolleyes: OL, please. Don't stretch the joke further than it already has been.

I love that she's the one who said it first. I'm guessing Kara-16 and Loriel aren't big coffee-drinkers...

She's from a much more innocent time. Well, one where the innocence was enforced by the Comics Code... Amusingly, Power Girl's bust is one legacy of creators pushing the line of the Code: 'Females shall be drawn realistically without exaggeration of any physical qualities.' Yeah...

The next Supergirl is probably likely to be Cir-El, given present form. Let's hope it doesn't get that far, though. She's got her own baggage.

It'll happen sooner or later... All you need is one Negative-matter or reverse-morality universe...

Though there apparently is an Ultra-Girl in some variants of the Crime Syndicate universes. A technicality, I know, because Ultraman isn't always evil Kal-El...

Well, you do wear the 'S' logo. Be thankful this is limited to young female members of the Superman Family, or you'd likely be drowning in Superboys and the occasional Superwoman... And not the Earth -14 type.

Let her finish before you go all 'fantastic racism' on her, Kara.

:confused: ...Not much better, but at least you're not being loud about it.

Good phrasing. That could have sounded so wrong to modern ears otherwise. Not that Kara-1 would have got the joke, cinnamon roll that she is.

Best stop while you're ahead, Kara. Unless you're enjoying the taste of boot leather? Though, given that Silver-Age Kryptonians could eat rocks with no harmful effects...

No playing dumb, Dana. No-one here thinks you're that stupid.

Another case of 'open mouth, insert foot', eh? Or a bit of 'Er... I shouldn't have said that...'

Yeah, Brainy's probably going to have words for you about informational security... :D aka Giving Away The Game.

Amusing, when you consider that in her own universe, Kara-1 would have been a member of the League, alongside her own cousin Kal-El as a teenage boy.

Different worlds, different cultures. Variety is the spice of life, and all that.

Amusingly, no, you only mentioned 'parallel universes...' Not actually any numbers. But it's okay, OL, it's been a strange day, even for you. o_O ...Oh, wait, that's Dana talking. Then yeah, she probably might remember. It's probably been a few years for her since you last met, though...

Again, a scene from the 'Many Happy Returns' storyline. As for her death, yes, that also happened. :( One of the most iconic moments of 80's comics.

Yeah, knowing interdimensional beings like Superboy Prime, the Anti-monitor, and the Multiversal Brainiac exist is not fun. Especially if there's a chance they noticed the tweaking the Pauls did to temporal mechanics...

And none of them thought to check for the stench of bullshit? Seriously, Truggs is an asshole.

Parallel Universes. Well, parallel timelines, in this case.

Yay for infinite possibilites.

Well, spit. So he's still in the wind.

Alas, Sod's Law suggests he will, can or does remember...

:mad: Goddammit.

Oooh, overpowered Silver-age supersenses! She could look across the entire planet for him!

Ah, you and your understated cursing, OL. Better get a move on, who knows what trouble she'll get up to...

Boy, this is going to be awkward, especially if everyone has different maximum speeds. Best to let OL handle the fast stuff, then.

Why do I get the feeling that by the time they find her, she'll already be holding him by the scruff of the neck, reprimanding him for his foul language? After all, if she's anywhere close to peak Silver-Age Kryptonian levels, she's faster then Time itself. :eek: No, seriously, she and Superman could fly through time. At any rate, having her running around unsupervised promises to be... Entertaining. :p

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yeah, if I remember correctly one version was a human that got superpowers.

Hey, New Kara doesn't like cursing and she may hear his thoughts.

Superman once punched time, though I don't remember if it was the one crisis one or the post crisis one.

30. Stsword

I think you're half remembering Superboy Prime's time punches DC used to explain retcons.

Gantradies likes this.