1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Fair enough about going off the wiki, it's usually pretty accurate with how... zealous SMT/Persona fans can get about things.

So at least mid-thirties to brute force the farming, probably with a Lv.2 buff or a charged attack.

2. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

Remember playing that zombie flash game called the last stand? They now switched to 3D.

bryanfran36, Velk and Malcolmo like this.
  3. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Holy fuck, the sudden mood shit in raids...

Take Blue Archive. Cute game with girls with guns, with non-lethal bullets. Story is hilariously, cast is memorable when you see stories with them. It's fun.

Then the first raid open today. A man in a black suit explain an old experimentation. The idea to create an AI God, to see it work on itself to attain divinity. The project was eventually forgotten and now, the AI awaken and reveal itself to the word. QED. Its first apostle, Binah, is upon us. The black suit man could not care less if it truly attained divinity or not. But he wonder how the clash between the students we nuture and it will turn out. He wonder if our bond will them will be strong enough to face it.

"Tell me, Sensei... Have you ever faced a God?"

Holy goddamn shit, the sudden mood shift.

I really need to find the full scene on youtube to show it here.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  4. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

Gacha games having such good music should be illegal.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  5. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

The ads for blue archive took a lot of effort.

Saw someone's take on it and said it was Princess Connect but with guns.

6. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

More like Priconne 2.0. Way easier battlefield to understand and easy to control skills and targetting on manual.

Way more fun to see too.

And then you have the raid music itself.

7. Bear_Mint

Yea, it's great. Looking for gacha game OSTs is a fun pass time. You never know when you will find a banger.

8. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Megalomaniacal Toaster on a Keyboard

Especially if it's the only place where original unique music plays

Pokemon Masters gave Red and Wallace unique themes to set them apart from Lance and Steven
    Same with Archie and Maxie
    Hell, they even gave Lance, Steven, and Cynthia a 3-in-1 mix and fixed Wally's "battle" theme

It's fucking nuts

9. autobot314

autobot314 Indeed

Behold the absolute weirdest Smash clone to date with the weirdest roster.

Yes, that does mean you can have Batman fight Arya Stark fight Bugs Bunny fight meme Shaggy fight Tom & Jerry.

Daytripper, Rakdos92 and Derek58 like this.
  10. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

They had the oportunity to call it Warner Bros and they wasted it.

11. Bear_Mint

Ultra Instincts meme is the only reason Shaggy is in this game.

vyor likes this.
  12. Lykaia

Lykaia Well worn.

I mean it's not a bad reason to include him.

13. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

And thinking ahead, with Game of Thrones a part of this, imagine other WB properties. A stage based on Babylon 5, or Duncan Idaho crossing blades with Aquaman while Paul Atrades summons Shai-Hulud.

14. autobot314

autobot314 Indeed

It's also literally the reason this game was made.

vyor likes this.
  15. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

The lack of Scooby bothers me. Hope he gets in later cuz having someone from GoT and not Scooby Doo in your cartoony WB fighter is kinda wack.

Daytripper and Derek58 like this.
  16. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

This is the Ultimate Showdown, of Ultimate Destiny
    Good guys bad guys and explosions
    as far as the eye can see~

vyor likes this.
  17. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

I went and typed out the whole intro scene to what I spoke of since no one is putting it up on Youtube yet. Just to show how big the mood shift is clearly.

It was a very long time ago.

Somewhere in the ruins of the old, deserted district on the outskirts of Kivotos, a strange experiment was conducted. The goal was to research a deity to prove its existence and, if possible, analyze its constitution. If such a thing was possible, then it would mean it could be replicated. This is how a new god could be created...

The masses laughed at such an absurd hypothesis, but not all. Some were captivated. Gematria supported the research, and immense funding and time was invested into developing the first AI to prove the existence of God.

Imagine: An AI capable of collecting enough information to prove the existence of God... That was the beginning of the Absolute Being Autonomous Analysis System.

...Many years later, the district was deserted, and the lab was buried under sand. Eventually, the memory of the research itself was lost to the passage of time.

But the AI continued its directive...

...until it finally made a proclamation from those ruins.

QED.

It marked the arrival of a new god-proven, analyzed and reproduced. A new God identified by ten sacred, unspeakable letters.

The Decagrammaton.

It then paved its way to divinity by contacting ten prophets who foretold its arrival. This is the new Pilgrim's Path.

Does that make it a true god? ...How should I know? I couldn't care less. But what I do believe is that its journey to prove its divinity may just be the road to the providence of truth: Sephira.

...Sensei.

The prophet you're going to encounter is one of the highest celestial triangles of Sephira. Its path is unity through understanding. It is also known as the Contemplator of Disparity: Binah.

How long can your Schale last against a prophet of Decagrammaton? How meaningful will the bond you've forged be when faced with the divine power of the new god? Can the inherent Mystic powers of those children really compare to that of the new god?

Yes, indeed, this is truly a fascinating study.

...I don't suppose you've faced a god before, have you, Sensei?

Ah... What a shame. In that case, you can expect this fight to be different from what you're used to.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  18. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

I think the Prime games are technically set before Metroid 2, but they could be after Super Metroid but before Fusion.

19. Bear_Mint

Dragon ball is doing a Dead by Daylight style game. Not sure how I feel about this.

20. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Nope. Explicitly before Metroid 2. In a way, the Prime games cover Samus' adventures chasing down all the Space Pirates ships that escaped Zebes with Metroids aboard, as indicated at the beginning of the first Prime game.

Once she's done with THAT, she goes to SR388 to finish the job at the root. Super alsso explicitly says that THE BABY is the last Metroid, so likewise the Prime games can't take place after it.

Also, you can see Ridley's evolution accross the games. Organic in Zero Mission. Get cybernetized in Prime 1. Double down on Phazon powered cybernetics in Prime 3 only for them to fail. Start purging the cybernetic from his body and attack Samus while the process is halfway done in Returns. Finish getting rid of the metal and back to flesh in Super.

21. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Has anyone bought Dark Souls: Remastered for the Switch? If so, how is it? Since it's twenty bucks right now, I thinking of getting it.

22. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Is the same as the other consoles. So you know, pretty decent.

23. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

Today, I finally managed to beat Dead Cells on Hell. Anything on the Steam Sale I should be looking into to replace it?

Possibly related, Cyberpunk 2077 is $30 now. Is it worth it?

Evillevi likes this.
  24. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

Between mod support, patches and new content in Q1 next year, it may be worth a look now.

as for recommendations, Blasphemous is a damn good Metroidvania with a new free expansion out next week, FF14 if you want an MMO fix with Endwalker going live this week and if you want some good horror Inscryption is a great deck building mind screw.

Amazon Climber likes this.
  25. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

Does anybody know how badly the Skyrim update broke mods?

26. Koup

Koup Local Tactical Equipment Enjoyer

Broke skse plugins that haven't been updated, mods that aren't dependent on it should be fine. If you want there is a downgrader patch here.

27. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Has anyone made a mod for Dwarf Fortress that makes dwarves eat realistic amounts of food? It seems like the sort of thing the DF community would come up with (though I doubt anyone would play more than one fortress that way).

vyor likes this.
  28. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

Battlebrothers but in 3D?

bryanfran36 likes this.
  29. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

Well, here we go again.

This game came out in 2018, and it’s still getting content added, most of which is free. And they just promised another full year of free content alongside the DLC. I honestly feel like they’re the gold standard for game devs at this point.

30. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

So, as a timekiller, started playing a new gacha game that just released. Figure Fantasy.

Or, as it could also be called, Waifu Toy Story.

Pretty typical for the genre. The gacha coming in the form of blind boxes is amusing.

One of the boss battles is against a cat. It's fairly cute overall. Battles are mostly auto-battle- as in, you'll do worse than the auto-battle- will. There is at least one 'puzzle mode' though, where you get basic versions of specific characters and they have to win under particular conditions to get the prizes. That you have to time the Ults yourself on, for at least one of the first tier of puzzles. Second are probably harder.