1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'piranhas'

'sides'

2. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

side -> sides

intent -> intend

3. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Yea... That's not what happened at all...

Just as long as you also bring them in for false imprisonment and attempted murder.

4. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

It's amazing how different a 'lost city'-type location can seem when it's not actually lost, isn't it? At least those that remain today in our world are generally being cared for now... Or at least not being damaged any further by tourism and thievery...

It must have taken quite the horepower to bring fresh stones in. Still, Earth Ponies are anything but weak.

Ah, such a classically feline reaction. 'Is it food? No? Then go away, I is grooming.'

It would certainly be a very nervous habitation, certainly...

Heh, experience speaks, eh?

Let me guess, they're caretakers?

Dude's got a point. He doesn't know you from Adam. Though it would be interesting to learn there are dozens of tribes, all in a loose confederation.

Which begs the question, are there other such splinter groups out there? How many of the other pony nations we've heard of were once such a group? Saddle Arabia, for example? The Zebra lands of Farasi, that Zecora came from?

It's amazing how diverse the sophont species of 'Wilson' can be...

Well, there's a possible way to curry favour: healing time!

Aw, he probably had lots of pent-up monologuing to get out of his system...

The subtle, gear-gnashing shift between 'gloating captor' and 'patient diplomat'... Always amusing to see.

No, you are not dreaming, my boy. Someone actually wants to hear your side of things.

Oooh... Well, that explains a bit. Now, can we start over from the 'Welcome, Guests!' line, please? :p

Oh, yeah. Should have expected that reaction.

...I hope the piranhas made it out safely. Then again, they got in there somehow...

Hmm... Stunned shock, or the build-up to apoplectic rage? You decide!

:confused: ...Wait, what?

...Well, so much for getting Celestia a gift of a few days off. Still, remarkably clever for the old fellow.

Fun fact: Tenochtitlan, for which their location is named, was built in an island in a swampy lake. Naturally, the weight of the larger structures caused gradual subsidence and collapses, so it isn't that far-fetched here either.

...Well, that answers the question of how they could fly with them. :p

Good idea. Change the subject, before Rainbow Dash has a total Blue Screen of Death moment.

I pity the diplomats who gets stuck working this area. Sweltering heat and balmy humidity, an ever-changing parade of tribal chiefs, unfriendly wildlife... :p Never mind the mosquitoes!

Only as pets, maybe? Unless the warden has dreams of Bond Villainy?

He has a point. Heroic Archaeologists like that tend to be slippery devils.

Wonder if they can arrange for it to be done on his birthday? :V Because that would be one hell of a gift!

Well, that went... Surprisingly well. I suppose he could have pointed out to Ahuizotl that Dash was basically an elite mook for Daring Do... x3 Imagine the Mane Six' reactions to being considered henchponies? Pity about the whole 'controlling the sun' idea not panning out, but there's always other ancient super-weapons that can be turned to good. At any rate, back to OL tomorrow. Wonder what he's been up to...

5. DonLyn

DonLyn Getting out there.

Good gods and/or goddesses, I love this today's installment

6. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

7. preier

preier I trust you know where the happy button is?

Sigh... They're not in Equestria, so talking of 'false' imprisonment implies that you deny their government any legitimacy. That's a slippery slope.

Following that it would not be Murder but Execution... of a foreign national, which complicates the issue, granted. The lack of trial somewhat bothers my delicate modern sensibilities too.

On the other hand, from Azuihotl's testimony, Daring Do could offer a defense of 'intent to thwart evil plot(s) of the accuser, based on information provided by said accuser'. I could see the Equestrian justice system having precedents on that. :D

8. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

"Honey, did you turn off the giant boulder this morning?"

"Yes, dear"

"Are you sure? The Jeffersons nearly got flattened tuesday when they came for tea"

"Still owes me my lawnmower anyway..."

"What was that?"

"I'll go check again"

9. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

There are enough ambiguities that if Daring Do lawyers up quickly she might be able to get all charges dismissed. But she would have to lawyer up quickly.

ChestBurster and TopHatWearer like this.
  10. Mr Zoat

The one flaw in her scheme: writing a best-selling book series detailing her crimes.

11. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

I'm usually inclined to agree, but if the monarch in charge of judging and sentencing for a crime is an active participant in trying to thwart your crime... It's kind of like jumping across the bench to try to stab the judge in your trial. Yeah, Guilty.

12. Dur'id the Druid

Dur'id the Druid Know what you're doing yet?

This was a real sudden turn about on Derring-do. I'm really not sure if he is just playing a sympathetic ear with Azhoul and the town to get info, or really believes what he is saying. Good writing?

TopHatWearer and Doccer like this.
  13. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

All the books detailing how he was doing something horrible to somebody without good reason beyond general villainous reasons like he can hit people with 800 years unrelenting heat so he shall?
    The ponies believing the seepage is one thing. But how do you explain Daring Do knowing the fortress would fall precisely as the last largest ring was removed? Almost like she did her research on a real artifact that only Ahxiotal would be old enough to know about.
    If it was fake, then that was great timing on the seepage part, given he left her to die after pulling a rope that released water into the building...from what looks like a small drainage tunnel meant to let the water in. Seepage so bad the engineering team built tunnels to make it worse.
    Ya know? Pulling that rope to let the water in a building with terrible seepage...if I didn't know better I'd think it's like he didn't care about preservation of his people's culture or something.

Edit: :eek: or he could be lying? Lying to his people and others. Yeah might be that.

14. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Once again, twisting the setting beyond recognition so the SI can be ‘correct’.

Why should equestria care about alleged crimes that occur in what is apparently a foreign country? A foreign country that cannot even be bothered to announce its existence and that ‘warns’ people they are entering its territory with lethal traps.

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Very true.

They may care about it since it could be possible that their laws could be against an individual stealing from others, even if it happened in another country.

It's also possible that Daring Do gave the artifacts to people in Equestria and their laws forbid trafficking in stolen goods.

Plus they may just want to have good diplomatic relations with them that they'd be willing to hand over someone that stole something from them.

16. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

17. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

So she’ll need to print out a new edition with that on the cover quickly AND lawyer up quickly.

Not looking good for her

18. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

At least is not puppy kicking?

Also... no criminal charges for homicide attempts?

ChestBurster, Cuchulin and Bud-E like this.
  19. pervyshyguy

pervyshyguy Getting sticky.

Can we hear from Warhammer Fantasy Paul? I miss the adventures in converting druchi and Brettonian peasants to the Orange and nation building...

20. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

If someone habitually breaks into your property and steals from you can you be charged with attempted murder to get them to stop? Also, I don't know pony laws regarding theft/assault so it could be a crime.

21. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

mutters

22. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    I'll try and come up with something.
    I'm honestly not sure that Equestria has precedence as part of its legal system. When you consider the apparently arbitrary differences between the treatment of Discord and Starlight on one hand and Cozy Glow on the other, I'm of the opinion that rulings might be made on a case by case basis.

23. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

We really shouldn't be surprised at this point... It's Mr Zoat's biggest flaw as a writer...

24. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Again this is based on a canon episode.

I just hate it too much to even link a summary about it.

ChestBurster and Cuchulin like this.
  25. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Mr Zoat, is Supergirl 666 still being kept on Earth 16, or has she been brought home now that the demonic influence on the planet has been removed?

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm guessing she may still be on Earth 16, since she's still psychologically messed up and having an unstable Kryptonian on Demon Earth would be incredibly bad.

Even if they give them a method to contain her, that may still not work, since they don't have many resources or a lot of people that can potentially subdue her if she manages to set herself free.

ChestBurster, Cuchulin and Ngamer11 like this.
  27. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

What about Nabu 666? Would being assimilated mean that we wasn't restored after Superman 666 was freed? I kinda hope so, because having a Lord of Order at Paul's beck and call would make him significantly more powerful.

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I don't see how Superman being freed would somehow restore Nabu.

If he wasn't assimilated then it may have been possible for him to somehow free himself from control, but he was already under the thrall of someone else.

And I'm not even sure if Nabu was demonically corrupted.

I think he may have just had a psychological break by watching the world he was in charge of protecting be reduced to a hell on Earth, and Demon Superman manipulating later on, but not by pumping him with demon energy, just with words.

29. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I literally posted a four minute clip from the episode in question this page showing how little relation to the actual episode there actually is...

30. Sojiko

Sojiko Getting sticky.

Yay! I'm always up for more Warhammer uplift.

pervyshyguy likes this.