1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ringing of a Forge of Stars [Warhammer 40k/ Celestial forge V3||OC...ish]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Slider Zero, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Slayer 10321

Slayer 10321 Experienced.

Noblebright Alaya? Interesting choice since canon Alaya is basically the Emperor if they were disembodied.

I also just realized that the DAoT and Shining Path were two seperate attempts by Humanity to achieve the Age of Will in Warhammer.

Pity both attempts failed. Third times the charm?

pochez01, Acerrrr12, InkDrop and 6 others like this.
  2. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

The Astronomicon just turned into the Counter Force beacon. Also, GG Emperor, you were shit at everything :V

pochez01, Acerrrr12, Redikai and 6 others like this.
  3. FourmyleCircus

FourmyleCircus Getting out there.

And now for "Fourmyle's Brain is a strange place" theatre!
    "Most of you know me as Volunteer 'Fuck he's escaped again!'."
    Dahl: Why do I hear Boss Music?
    The Boss Music:
    "I have a god-killing gun I made in my basement. This is as good an excuse for live-fire testing as any."

Herp derp, Apex mooned Satori.

4. ImmortalEmperor34

ImmortalEmperor34 Making the rounds.

Well done this is in my opinion the best chapter yet

pochez01 and SyfyMovieFan like this.
  5. ImmortalEmperor34

Finally the golden moron got what he deserved

6. Gulping

Gulping Know what you're doing yet?

Oh hey sup Big E, looks like you just got SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED

As others have mentioned: It's also entirely possible that Big E got remade into the first of the new Counter Guardians, which is more of a demotion that comes with a uniform and obligatory turn with the tanning bed and hair bleach.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  7. Lotor

Lotor Prince of Planet Doom

Something I never knew I needed.

Emperor getting Judged by Alaya and found... wanting.

Fucking beautiful.

I wonder if the Emperor has been transformed into a Counter Guardian... ...because that would be rather satisfying. And fitting.

8. Frescko

Frescko Herr der Erlösung, Tod der Einschränkungen

I feel like the Emperor is too important to humanity to just kill out right I’m im leaning on the side that Alaya took all the shards of him that he threw away of the millennia and pieced him back together into her version of what he should of been. So less the guy who saw the primarchs as prized tools, and more what TTS starchild and maybe TTS Emperor

9. antoine4405

antoine4405 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Oh dear, Archer(EMIYA) gonna get used like a rag

10. Cringyusername

Cringyusername Versed in the lewd.

So Alaya in 40k now huh, Did not expect that to happen really

11. ATP

ATP Experienced.

Alaya and Gaia added explain many things,and made entire mess easier to deal with.Force making Warp calmer - interesting,how Eldar would react.
    Most important thing - with Emprah removed,our sisters could become harem of ex-inquisitor.Becouse what is more important - harems or saving universe? we all knew right answer !

12. Acolyte

Acolyte Know what you're doing yet?

The emporor is dead, good riddance to bad rubbish.

I am going to mention, that he can teleport other people with his impeller field so he could have saved them quicker but for sanities sake, i am going to assume there was some unmentioned reason he couldn't do that. Maybe psychic energy prevented teleportation or something.

Ajlove and ImmortalEmperor34 like this.
  13. ImmortalEmperor34

So if the counter force is a thing now will we see the four realty tumors vs Gilgamesh

Ajlove likes this.
  14. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

Grand servants vs the forces of chaos :V

pochez01 and ImmortalEmperor34 like this.
  15. ImmortalEmperor34

Or perhaps the dark elder get a full blast of Excalibur

16. ATP

ATP Experienced.

I think,that he was rather fed to Astronomicom and kinda still live there - as battery.Finally,he is doing something right.And ImmortalEmperor34 idea of sending Gilgamesz to fight four seems legit - they would fight using their ego,and since nobody could have bigger ego then our favourite servant,he would win.Sabre against Dark Eldars - they could schoot her from distance.

17. ImmortalEmperor34

Not
    not if she has her armor

Hadrian.Caeser likes this.
  18. ImmortalEmperor34

Then if not her how about Heracles

19. ImmortalEmperor34

Just had a thought about the next world satori could visit Xcom

woodzrox likes this.
  20. Cheetored20

Cheetored20 Versed in the lewd.

Must save the snake waifus!

ImmortalEmperor34 and woodzrox like this.
  21. Kris-71854

Kris-71854 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I liked all the Force, Fate Gaia, and Alaya stuff at the start of the chapter. I mostly understood it and followed along. It was the Prey stuff that I was hoping would just get finished so we'd get to something that I understood again. Sorry, not a Prey fan and haven't liked this arc. Been hoping it gets resolved ASAP.

the Force waking up and Alaya coming forth rock. Um, I actually have an odd thought. Gaia is just the world spirit of Earth. In theory, every world with life on it should have its own planetary spirit. Didn't the Exodites do something about making world sprites that they manage? Could they have felt the death of Gaia?

I'm actually going to take it that she's only "mostly" dead. Then again you pretty much stated that Alaya set things up so that as long as their parents come back somehow Gaia will be reborn. Just need some quick terraforming.

Oddly in a pure Fate setting, I'd love to see a visiting EoM end up killing off Gaia if only to wait a few centuries to terraform Earth without it.

Um, it seems like folks are hoping that Alaya gets a fully stocked throne of heroes. That just doesn't feel right for this setting. I can buy her getting the throne of heroes, but it starts out empty. She's going to have to stock it with widely known local heroes that recently died. Actually, with proper PR and the Force, she could have billions of new heroes. Each planet could likely form dozens of heroes. Any population with a few million could likely form one. The average Imperial world has billions and there are like a million of them. Screw Gil. Forget those lame Fate heroes. Alaya will have entire Imperial Guard Regiments of Heroes to deploy shortly.

The MC was worried about the Force creating its own factions of heroes. I'm not remotely worried about that. That'd be a problem for thousands of years later. The bit about the Force that I'm really worried about is that it doesn't truly care about humanity. Oh, it's about life and the struggle and all that. You know that it'll like the Orks and many other alien species as well. Anyone with any sense would jump to using the Force or being defended by the Force rather than suffer the Warp.

The MC might have an idea of what the Force would do by itself. He doesn't really know what it would do against the Warp or in the same sandbox as Alaya or if he manages to wake up other planetary spirits either. The Force has the Warp and Chaos to fight against. That'll likely keep it busy for a few thousand years easily.

I sort of want to see a Farseer interlude. You know one with them having all the headaches possible at the moment and no way to fix things.

22. Ajlove

Ajlove I trust you know where the happy button is?

If I remember correctly, The Throne has a weird relationship with time, so someone who gets added can be summoned before they were even born.

Redikai and ImmortalEmperor34 like this.
  23. ImmortalEmperor34

I also can’t help but wonder when satori is going to use that stc and use the federation tech it has stored in it

Hadrian.Caeser and Ajlove like this.
  24. Ghost in a Wall

Ghost in a Wall Know what you're doing yet?

He very likely needs to be able to use it in the first place. He needs his workshop and ship for that, and hasn't the chance to access it right now... and we still aren't sure if he's in a Sim or not given Prey's content.

woodzrox likes this.
  25. alecute

alecute Getting sticky.

I don't know why the author hate the emperor much.
    The emperor may not be perfect but he tried to steer humanity to ensure its survival in a galaxy that is hostile to man. The emperor sees the glory what mankind could achieved but cut short by eldar meddling, betrayed and abandoned by those who called their allies. His action is a culmination of all the shit have done to humanity.

xCocacinax, InkDrop and Ajlove like this.
  26. Ghost in a Wall

Ghost in a Wall Know what you're doing yet?

It's not what he did that makes him so easily hated, rather, its how he went about it in my oppinion. He ended up rushing so hard that he gave up everything that made him human- in in turn became alien in his own way. Essentially, he's a alien entity rulling humanity in a human body given how splintered his personality is in his current efforts to become a God to protect mankind. He's kinda forgot about the tree's while protecting the forest. The things he's endorced make him hatable, he can see humanity's wonder all he wants, but so far, he hasn't really enforced anything to push humanity in 40k to that point.

He hasn't reformed the Mechanicus to be Scientific, he hasn't created groups to learn about the Warp and how to fight it, he hasn't done that whole 'Federation' thing that he supposedly liked so much... really, it smells of a man using current events/situations as a powergrab due to the mentallity of "I'll do it myself, because I Am Humanity" which isn't what humanity should be.

At least, that's my thoughts on things given what I know and have read in this story. I don't disagree that he doesn't try, nor that he wants humanity to be great- I just don't think I really like his idea of a Great Humanity.

27. ATP

ATP Experienced.

Becouse,for somebody who lived 30.000+ years and saw human nature,his Crusade was simply...idiotic.

Humans always have some kind religion,when they try become atheist,like Budda or Marx,they just ended creating another religion.Religions could not be remowed,only replaced.He should go under aegis of new religion - no matter which one.

Seconds - iven if atheism was viable option,he arleady gave technology to Mechanicum and let them worship Ommnisiah.So,reaction of any sane man to his Imperial Truth would be"burn my church,but pray to computer? FUCK YOU !!!!

And third - giving technology to technocultist was recipe for defeat.IoM in canon is blessed with enemies who do not use science,every normal specie whowould use scientific method to create new weapon and wipe those who choose stagnation from Universe.
    On Earth,if we use the same weapons as 10.000 ago,we would fight with spears and stone axes.

Last - do not telling his sons about Chaos was recipe for them to falling to it.Which happened.

So yes,he was charismatic,powerful,even genius - but still idiot.And lost thanks to his own mistakes.

caspian1a likes this.
  28. alecute

alecute Getting sticky.

Okay my reply to those two above is this.
    The alliance with the emperor and Mars is an alliance of convenience. The emperor has the army and Mars have manufacturing. The reason the emperor did not forced the mechanicum to accept the imperial truth is because it would costly war to bend them to heel. The emperor can accept the worship of him as an avatar of God rather God itself as it was the lesser evil. He believe he could force them later to abandon the worship after unification he knows the dangers of some technology because of warp specially AI so he ban them.
    Him giving the tech is part of the bargain that he forged with Mars and at that time innovation was not yet frowned upon so he could trust them with the Tech, only during the aftermath of the Horus heresy that they lost many tech and the danger that dark mechanics have done. That innovation is seen as dangerous. The dark mechanicum only rebelled because the emperor has forbidden them to reasearch chaos related tech. And kerbor Hal was bribed by Horus for those forbidden knowledge.
    By not telling about chaos he is trying to limit the psychic imprint of humanity on the warp. By not believing on Chaos he believes that it would not empower the four foulsome.
    STC is like Lego tech so it's easy to adapt in many scenarios. Even if it's old the tech can be continuously improved.

29. Slider Zero

Slider Zero Know what you're doing yet?

Alright, I guess I can do some replies.
    I have toyed around with the whole "every world has a world spirit" thing, and there are...complications to allowing it to persist as-is without modification.

That being said...

The Eldar do, in fact, have a system of sorts in place to let them effectively create what amounts to a World Spirit (though nowhere near s powerful as an actual one would be) through their tech on Maiden Worlds.

And it is entirely possible that Gaia's Death had...repercussions. It is also entirely possible that Alaya inheriting the conceptual weight of what Gaia was alleviated that. Whichever it was, I am choosing not to answer at this time.

Regarding why Satori thinks he fucked up WRT: The Force, it is not just because of the rather blatant amount of bullshit movie moralizing that goes on around it, but also because of the extent of the power. The Force being what it is, and being based in and on what it is, almost guarantees a conflict somewhere simply because of that fact, and he knows it. That the Force is also very much unpicky in it's powerups is even more of a big deal.

And you will get your Farseer interlude. Not sure if I want it next chapter or later on, but you will get it.

The big issue with the STC is that while it is quite useful in context as a storage database of tech that he can reach into for whatever he wants, it was only useful to him in the context of what it meant to the rest of the Imperium. Satori himself already had what he needed from a technological standpoint, and the magical parts were completely beyond it's scope. So yes, it is a good resource...but it is also not a good resource as most of his R&D has been going to things he doesn't just have plans for.

The Emperor is, at best, a well intentioned fool who failed to see the trap that he had set for himself until long after he was caught within it. His shedding aspects of his humanity, even unto his own sons, prevented him from seeing the rifts forming within their ranks as they all jockeyed for his attention as Siblings are wont to do. Likewise, the compromises and sacrifices he made in the short term, believing them to be long-term plays, completely screwed over the Imperium when it no longer had him at the helm.

Nearly every action he took was not made to actually benefit humanity, but Himself, first and foremost, in the vain and arrogant thought (I am loath to ascribe this to 'Hope') that he alone held the key to humanity's salvation. Thus, it was no surprise that when the house of cards came falling down in large part because of his refusal to actually Tell Anyone that the barbarians were at the gate that the blame would end up on his head, and he is punished Accordingly.

the fact that Emps deliberately made a system that required him to function in a galaxy with the kind of threats that exist within it says everything about his intentions. He can say that he planned to save humanity all he wanted: The largest test of that sentiment, his own sons, was a colossal failure whose ramifications yet echo across the galaxy.

And yet without his action the situation would be ever so worse off. It is a form of Paradox: Emps only really makes the situation worse with his ambitions, but the light he brought with him prior is perhaps even more damning, for daring to give people a glimpse of hope in the future.

Something to think about, anyway.

njninja, CapedWolf, ATP and 13 others like this.
  30. Frescko

Frescko Herr der Erlösung, Tod der Einschränkungen

the Emperor’s biggest flaw funnily enough was his own humanity despite casting it aside. Besides that I can see Alaya taking the various shards of him and having Satori rebuild him into the Man he was- before the weight of time and egotism lead to his downfall.

it would bring up to many questions of “why did the emperor yell out in agony” or something like that and the sheer anarchy that his death would cause, despite being a self centered ass he still a lynchpin 10k years later Beyond merely being a galactic lightbulb.

so here’s what I would do:

grab the Star Child and all the other bits and bobs floating about, take the emperor main shard on the Golden throne, and fuse them all together- but instead of having the Main shard being the personality you have the Star Child and other potential bits and bobs be it. Just full on scraping the main shard would be a waste so keep the memories and experiences but do some magic bs to make them merely that memories and experiences without them tainting the personality. Once you do that? Make a Infant clone of the emperor, (same genetics) place the New Emperor/Star Child and raise them properly. As for there not being any anarch in Sol? Well after the screaming in agony is done play sounds of the baby crying. People are stupid and will probably think that the emperor reincarnated himself, to further make the idiotic mass believe so have the Custodies make an official announcement of his “reincarnation”